7 reasons why Peter was not perfect after Pentecost and was guilty of sin.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Run into wide open spaces . . . Grace is waiting for you
Dance like the weight has been lifted . . . Grace . . . is waiting . . .

The Spirit is here! Let there be Freedom!!

:)

Reactions: Taken

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
define sanctification ?

are you saying its a one time act and not a process ?

The "second benefit" (2 Corinthians 1:15)..."entire sanctification" (1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (kjv)) is something that happens in a moment of time...perhaps as the end result of a process in which we are gradually becoming more like Christ...when we reach the goal.

At that time we will not consider that we have reached the goal (Philippians 3:13-15, 1 John 1:8, Job 9:21).

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
define sanctification ?

are you saying its a one time act and not a process ?
@Christophany Both aspects are in Scripture: positional and practical. Paul addresses his readers as 'saints', referring the positional sanctification of believers set apart for God. The Lord Jesus speaks of taking up one's cross daily and following Him (Luke 9.23); this is practical sanctification.

5ba101699d52a05b0dd21ea829492dda.jpg
pinterest

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Positional sanctification means that when the enemy accuses us (whether all by his lonesome at the throne room of the Lord or else when he uses people to throw accusations in our face), he has no ground to stand on. Another word for positional sanctification is justification.

We stand forgiven and redeemed and we stand as perfect in the eyes of the Lord even when we are not perfect practically. But the fact that we are perfect in His sight means that we are perfect practically; and that the accusation leveled against us has no merit.

This means that when we proclaim the doctrine of entire sanctification, those who oppose us cannot win the argument by pointing out some flaw in our character. Because we are sanctified first positionally, and then practically.

We stand perfected for ever in the practical sense no matter what the accusation of the enemy. Because we have been positionally sanctified.

God the Father looks at us and sees His precious blood. And His blood does not only justify (Romans 5:9; positionally sanctify) it sanctifies (in the practical sense, Hebrews 13:12, Hebrews 10:29) and cleanses us from all sin (1 John 1:7).

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So they trying to put a wedge between who goes to whom or what?

There has always been DIVIDE.
Light - Dark
Up - Down
With - withOut
Good - Evil
Tribes - Gentiles

It's a power play..
In the end look what we got.. the Inquisition and a thousand mini denominations.

Freewill of mankind...
what each man trusts to believe.
(Estimating nearly every man-made Church trying to TEACH "understanding" of Gods Word. That is a fail. Deep subject. But a primary point, why I do not attend man-Made Churches)

What is the ultimate goal?

OF God? - Division- Separation- With Him - Without Him by Individuals Choice.

OF Mankind? - One People OF the World - Ruled by Man- Elimination of men NOT yeiding in agreement.

There is no law... isn't that the goal?
hmm

Gods Law-
Love the Lord God Above All things.
Love your Enemy.
(Impossible to achieve, without the power of God)
• God is the Avenger.

Man's Law-
Per individual Nations, States, Jurisdictions.
• Defender of Individual Lawful Applicable Rights Afforded to Individuals.

^ That inanutshell is the challenge over this Election.
A National Election falls under the Laws of the Nation.
A State can not Lawfully broaden it laws to supersede Its Nations Laws.
The States, Didn't broaden its Laws, perse'
The National Laws, allowed for mailin votes For Deployed Military.
The States, (perse' also began Allowing mailin votes for homebound persons)
A convenient (declared Pandemic).
The States (declaring EVERYONE homebound).
The States Authorizing Mailin votes for EVERYONE.
"A little glitch"... Stores still open, people NOT all "truly" home bound. Drop boxes, people not "truly" homebound. Protesting crowds, rallies, public gatherings ...each Requiring a Government PERMIT were Authorized...."truly" not all home bound.
The States Authorized and Appointed Overseerers making up their own rules that Superseded State Laws, that ultimately Superseded National Laws.
States (declaring) homebound For All, then issuing PERMITS for Public gatherings, Violated their own Mandates.
A Law at any level, without Force and Effect... has No Legal Standing...(Void for Vagueness).
Pretending a LAW "has" Force and Effect is called (acting Under the COLOR of Law), also has no Legal Force and Effect.
The States...mandating Homebound...then issuing Permits...Made their own Mandates...without Legal Standing.
Without Legal standing, of EVERYONE Homebound, made their "mailin" votes, for all under the "guize" of Pandemic...False.

Creating a Tangled Web, IS inanutshell, What IS the life's WORK of a Deceiver. And unfortunately, Men who WANT to Rule the World, Spend their Entire Life Creating WEBS of Deceit, and Entice MEN "with promise of Dollars"....to join in on the Deceit. And there is NO shortage of men, who WILL DO ANYTHING for money!
Not a big secret. Men ARE "for sale"...and MEN ARE "bought" Every Day.

Who's Who...is not a mystery.

Continued:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soggy-

wow. I just heard a thousand points of light..

Continued:

New World Order- was coined in 1940, by Author H. G. Wells. The Term NWO, has been adopted by numerous people.
Wells - was expressing an IDEA of A World Peace Agreement between Nations (Always Warring or Fearing an Impending War outbreak)...and IF An agreement between all nations could be possible.

The BIG TRUTH is... EVERY PLAN designed FOR Good...always has an EVIL Adversary adopting the PLAN with Deception to Effect EVIL.

Every Plan that Is established FOR GOOD...that Becomes Corrupted and used FOR EVIL... Thoses Standing With dedication With the Good, Separate themselves from the PLAN that has Become Corrupted TO Evil.

League of Nations, UN ... Both Established on a Peace Platform OF Peace "BETWEEN" Nations.

Hitler, a German...wanted the Entire World "Subject "TO" Germany, and HIS Dictatorial Power.

Klaus, A German...European Economic Forum founder, then subsequent, World Economic Forum Founder...IS of the same mind-set as Hitler, (but with a twist). Not using Military Force...Rather (using Bribary of $$).
He (along with his closest confidants) "Dictates" His "GOAL"...(ie Same as Hitler, One World Control...)
His strategy is effective...He dictates...His "bought" "People", Repeat HIS every "catch phrase"...and do what He Dictates...FOR the flow of $$$ to their pockets.
And that...is what IS Observed on nearly "95%" of Pseudo "News" Networks and interNET...(rightly called The WORLD WIDE WEB .)
Keen, eh?

Ever heard the phrases...?
Every man has a price?
Every man can be bought?

A Converted man is a stigma ... a monkey wrench in the Big Plan. They ARE NOT Forsale, and Those who quickly Sell themselves, can not comprehend....How a man Will Refuse A generous OFFER of $$$, to "just" go along with a Dictator.

Man's Plan is Doomed.
Gods Plan is Forever!

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Ziggy

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
read Matthew 23 where Jesus condemns hypocrisy.

if its not a sin why did Jesus condemn it ?

Condemnation is an exclusive Result of a Judgement of men Separated Forever From God....For a man's Disbelief IN the Lord God.

Never is an Earthly man Directed to "Believe IN" Earthly men!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you sinless ?

A ridiculous question.
Any man claiming to BE Converted...
Begins his Conversion BY CONFESSING HIS SIN!

Obviously ... with a tad of natural common sense;
One who has Confessed "having Sinned"...
IS NOT by any stretch of the imagination Claiming to be "Sinnless"!

Was Peter sinless ?

OF course NOT.
Any ardent Bible Student Trusting Scripture SHOULD have learned...
Every natural born earthling IS naturally Born IN Sin, and Commits Sin....AGAINST "GOD"!!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was a simple request so now I'll make it even easier for you mark !

Interesting.
I asked you a simple question...you avoided answering...now you are repeatedly trying to get mark to answer your question.

Would you define that as Hypocrisy on your part?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you said all men right ?

are you now reneging ?

Pay attention...
All earthly men are
Born IN Sin.
Commit Sin.

Pay attention...
SIN is AGAINST God.
Against God IS "Not Believing" IN God!
ONLY God Forgives SIN.

Pay Attention...
A Relationship A man ESTABLISHES "WITH" God...IS EXPRESSLY "Between THAT one "WHOLE" man and THAT one "WHOLE" God.

It has NOTHING to do With you, Peter, Paul, Mary, Or any other Person.

Pay Attention...
Men Establish Relationships BETWEEN men.
You have Zero say so, Nor are you "included" in ANY relationship I establish with other people.

Men do not SIN AGAINST each other.
Men DO NOT Forgive each other of SIN.

Men CAN certainly, Lie, Cheat, Steal, Admire, Be Forthright, ....
THAT ^ is Acts BETWEEN MEN!!!
THAT ^ is What maintains OR Severs Relationships "BETWEEN" Men.

Men Lying, cheating, steal AGAINT other men......IS one man TRESSPASSING AGAINST another man.

Read and Learn...Men FORGIVE men of "Trespassing" one AGAINST Another.

Men DO NOT forgive MEN of SIN "of Unbelief IN Men" Scripture NEVER teaches it is a SIN for men to not believe in men.
Scripture Expressly Teaches SIN IS Disbelief IN GOD.

IF and WHEN it is ESTABLISHED, ANY man IS Converted IN Christ...
A Relationship IS REVEALED...That THAT Individual AND the Lord God....
"HAVE Established A Forever Unbreakable Relationship"
It is The Lord God Himself and That One Whole man...that Are Yoked together Forever (regardless of that man's relationships with any other man).

Any Student of Scripture SHOULD KNOW... an Established Relationship Between One whole individual man AND The Lord God Almighty...
IS...By and Through First ...
• Gods Forgiveness Of that man's Sin Against God.

That IS God Forgiveness!
That is personal TO that ONE Man, from God.

That Forgiveness...Does NOT "make" that man SINLESS!
God Forgiveness MAKES that man's Sin Against God....Forgiven.

It ALSO...MAKES that man NEVER AGAIN ABLE to Sin (Disbelieve) Against God.
(Free from sin, ring a bell?)

You wondering IF the Apostles SINNED...
The Answer IS NO.

Apostle, by its meaning IS notice indicative of A Man Forgiven of Sin Against God, BY God...and thus Thereafter A man in a Forever Relationship WITH God, CAN NOT EVER (Again) Sin Against God.
Since SIN is ONLY AGAINST God...Only forgiven By God, And God FORGAVE, Expressly 11 Disciples, (WHEN they heartfully Confessed BELIEF)...they Became "soul" saved at that Moment...and we Learned precisely WHEN they Became "spirit" reborn...
and we learned, at Jesus' bodily death...is the agreeing of that one man to Be crucified (bodily accounted) Dead IN Christ (which Establishes the WHOLE man / body,soul,spirit
IN a Full and Forever Relationship WITH God Forever, and Free from the Consequences of SIN (against) God.

Did the Disciples Commit Sin? Yes.
Did the Disciples "transformed" in a (Whole) relationship WITH The Lord God Almighty, commit Sin? No

Could the Apostles (or ANY Transformed man IN Christ) still TRESSPASS AGAINST MEN?
Absolutely!
Is THAT a Sin? No
Is THAT a Trespass? Yes

Glory to God,
Taken

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like to know how Paul felt he had the authority to "condemn" Peter?

I see a Kingdom fighting against a Kingdom trying to take it down.
Divide it so it won't stand.
But Jesus told Peter, EVEN THE GATES OF HELL WILL NOT PREVAIL!

I say, is Peter perfect? umm no
Is Paul perfect? umm no

But the devil will try to sift you like wheat Peter, but the Lord has prayed for you.. mm hmm amen and amen.

These are like two brothers, Jacob and Esau, both fighting for the crown.

And what really amazes me, Praise God, is even through their battle, the Gospel Prevailed.

So Rome decided they was going to cash in on this new deal.
Paul was going everywhere collecting money.
Peter had people throwing money at his feet.

Politics... you can't escape it. It is what it is.

Personally I don't follow either one of them.
I follow the Lord.
Hugs

trouble is you seem to think Paul was condemning, when he was correcting. the truth is the authority, and how one should care about one's brother in Christ. and Peter wasn't above the same corrections necessary for anyone else. Paul cared about Peter's understanding and effect of what Peter may have said or done. if you notice Peter responded according to one who honors the truth. he didn't take offence like many here because Paul didn't give correction to Peter with spoon full of sugar.

how did John say it:

1Jn_3:18  My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

many here honor persons rather than the Truth.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
trouble is you seem to think Paul was condemning, when he was correcting. the truth is the authority, and how one should care about one's brother in Christ. and Peter wasn't above the same corrections necessary for anyone else. Paul cared about Peter's understanding and effect of what Peter may have said or done. if you notice Peter responded according to one who honors the truth. he didn't take offence like many here because Paul didn't give correction to Peter with spoon full of sugar.

how did John say it:

1Jn_3:18  My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

many here honor persons rather than the Truth.
I hear you.

When it comes to these guys I have sand in my eyes.
It's not them, it's me.
And the more I rub the more irritated my eyes become.
I'm praying for some salve..
But it feels like onion juice..

It will work out eventually.

lots of sand..

Hugs

Reactions: ChristisGod