70% of all humans going to hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
interesting! so you subscribe to universalism minus .0001%? Is that the JW position?
No and no.

"Universalism" implies that is doesn't matter what you do/believe, you're going to be saved. Those things DO matter- they are everything. God gives everyone that chance to repent. Plus there is a spectrum to the degree a person embraces Him-- are you fully in, or begrudging, etc.

I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints ("Mormon"). Totally different beliefs than JW.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
According to Christian theology, only those who are Christian go to heaven.

So does this mean that currently, 70%+ of all humans go to hell? (Only 30% of world's population is Christian)

And what about all those humans born before Judaism was invented?

So in TOTAL... it's more like 90%+ of all humans ever conceived just end up in hell ?

Not necessarily so, it would average out throughout history I believe, what percentage this is though, I am not sure, God knows though.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
99.9999% of those people will accept Him

I won't argue that your figures are in accord with Mormonism's Jesus; but
they're definitely in reverse of the Bible's Jesus. According to him (using
your arithmetic) 99.9999% will be lost and only .0001% will be saved.
_

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don’t believe 70% of Christians are going to Hell.

I believe that 100% of people will have the opportunity to hear of Christ and accept him. If they didn’t have the opportunity to do so during mortal life, they’ll get the chance as a spirit before the Final Judgement. And 99.9999% of those people will accept Him at least to some degree and have a beyond joyful afterlife.

The Bible says as a Christian once you die, and you are absent from the body, you are in that moment present with the Lord! The same principle applies to those that die without Christ, there spirit is absent from there body - and in that moment they are in hell, separated from God until there upcoming judgment, at that time they will be cast into the lake of fire separated from God forever! Just look at the parable of the rich man and lazareth!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible says as a Christian once you die, and you are absent from the body, you are in that moment present with the Lord! The same principle applies to those that die without Christ, there spirit is absent from there body - and in that moment they are in hell, separated from God until there upcoming judgment, at that time they will be cast into the lake of fire separated from God forever! Just look at the parable of the rich man and lazareth!
Needless to say I interpret things differently than you :)

Reactions: Waiting on him

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A pretty large percentage of Christians have no clue where they'll end up on
the other side when they pass on. They're hoping for the best while in the
back of their minds dreading the worst.

Take for example the world's approximately 1.3 billion Catholics. Their
church threatens them with an ecclesiastical curse should they presume to
know for sure their afterlife destination.

"If anyone says that he will for certain, with an absolute and infallible
certainty, have that great gift of perseverance even to the end, unless he
shall have learned this by a special revelation, let him be anathema."
(Council
of Trent Session 6, Chapter 16, Canon 16)

_

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Needless to say I interpret things differently than you :)

That is the problem with far to many people. They think that the Bible is open to interpretation: it is not; there is only one truth, and you need the Holy Spirit to find that truth; plus the realization that the scripture is simple enough that a child can understand. The Bible needs to be taken as is, without reading into it, or "interpreting" it. Plus it helps if we have a personal relationship with the author.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is the problem with far to many people. They think that the Bible is open to interpretation: it is not; there is only one truth, and you need the Holy Spirit to find that truth; plus the realization that the scripture is simple enough that a child can understand. The Bible needs to be taken as is, without reading into it, or "interpreting" it. Plus it helps if we have a personal relationship with the author.
There's literally another thread going on about this right now. In short, my response is: I study scripture the best I can, listening to God along the way. You do the same. And then we treat each other with respect instead of trying to burn one another at the stake.

Reactions: Faithbuilders

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No and no.

"Universalism" implies that is doesn't matter what you do/believe, you're going to be saved. Those things DO matter- they are everything. God gives everyone that chance to repent. Plus there is a spectrum to the degree a person embraces Him-- are you fully in, or begrudging, etc.

I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints ("Mormon"). Totally different beliefs than JW.
Yes, of course JD...I got you mixed up!

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think!!! God is just no unbelieving God rejector will get unfair, unjust judgment.
Specially since GOD did all that was required for them to have had salvation .
Think about the beating alone that JESUS TOOK . God wont be mocked , those who reject Christ will surely be damned
as JESUS himself makes very , very plain .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t believe 70% of Christians are going to Hell.

I believe that 100% of people will have the opportunity to hear of Christ and accept him. If they didn’t have the opportunity to do so during mortal life, they’ll get the chance as a spirit before the Final Judgement. And 99.9999% of those people will accept Him at least to some degree and have a beyond joyful afterlife.
Yeah , about this . I keep it simple . DENY JESUS HE WILL DENY YOU . Believe in CHRIST and ye shall be saved .
And , yeah one better do so in THIS LIFE . No matter what pope francis , the catholics , mormons or jehovas or anyone else says .
I stick to what i know in that bible . Just as eternal life is real and is found only in Christ , so too is the lake of fire .
CHOOSE YE THIS DAY O WORLD WHOM YE SHALL BELIEVE and SERVE , but as for me and the true lambs , ITS GONNA BE JESUS .
Taking HIM at HIS every word and trusting HIM with all things HE did teach and say , RIGHT IN THAT BIBLE .

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah , about this . I keep it simple . DENY JESUS HE WILL DENY YOU . Believe in CHRIST and ye shall be saved .
And , yeah one better do so in THIS LIFE . No matter what pope francis , the catholics , mormons or jehovas or anyone else says .
I stick to what i know in that bible . Just as eternal life is real and is found only in Christ , so too is the lake of fire .
CHOOSE YE THIS DAY O WORLD WHOM YE SHALL BELIEVE and SERVE , but as for me and the true lambs , ITS GONNA BE JESUS .
Taking HIM at HIS every word and trusting HIM with all things HE did teach and say , RIGHT IN THAT BIBLE .
Amigo, I do believe in Christ and yes I thoroughly study the Bible.
You blindly continuing to deny these facts and flame me is NOT welcomed, nor a Christian/loving thing, nor intelligent. Please stop.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amigo, I do believe in Christ and yes I thoroughly study the Bible.
You blindly continuing to deny these facts and flame me is NOT welcomed, nor a Christian/loving thing, nor intelligent. Please stop.
I have not heard that word flame since ...........................CF . They destroyed that site
by constantly accusing true ones who would correct as being flamers , or pardon that expression i meant flaming .
But it aint flaming if one is simply speaking truth . You be encouraged now .

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Any rancher who goes to the trouble and expense of building a herd, and
any farmer who goes to the trouble and expense of planting a crop knowing
in advance that they will reap at most a measly 1% return on their
investment is pretty much a moron. Even savings accounts earn better than
that.

And think of the inhumanity of it all. We're talking about people here; not
cattle and corn. I expect social lunatics like Stalin, Kim Jong-Un, Adolph
Hitler, and/or Xi Jinping to be sick enough to violate Nuremburg Law by
conducting experiments on involuntary human life, but I don't think it's
something I should expect from God.

The Bible depicts God as all-knowing and all-powerful, which tells me that it
is impossible to surprise Him and impossible to thwart Him. In other words;
even before God decided to create human life, He already knew in advance
that He would regret it; and that much of His handiwork would end up
terminated by a mode of death akin to a foundry worker falling into a kettle
of molten iron. And the worst of it is: termination in the lake of fire doesn't
end it for the discards; they are destined for endless eternal suffering; but
then God already knew that before He made them; didn't He.

It's been my experience that when Christians are challenged with these kinds
of questions they become indignant and defensive instead of pensive. They
circle the wagons and fire shot after shot of apologetics instead of telling me
what they really think.
_
I find the opposite to be the case, that when it is discovered from the Bible that God allows Satan to corrupt, deceive, and expoit the people He brought into existence, and then exacts revenge in Judgment upon those who remain in His Wrath in spite of His desire for all to be saved through faith in His Son Jesus Christ, the accusations that God is unfair and His actions inhumane show who the indignant and defensive ones are that lack faith in their Creator to act justly.

If only one sinner were to be saved by Christ's sacrifice He would have still have made it, that's how precious the faithful are to God.

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only God knows. Why should we presume to guess other people's fate as he willed it?

Years ago there was a guy who ran a blog called Hells Population Clock.

Many imagined it Satire at best because it was updated weekly.
While I wondered how many references he was emailed telling him to read Revelation. That he find out no one is yet there. And besides that it isn't the eternal fire and brimstone place of suffering many imagine it to be.
Christianity blossomed forward from the root that is Judaism.
No such description in their doctrine.

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mike if you understood the three groups that stand at the Great White Throne Judgment you would understand part of you Question. The groups were death, Hell and the sea. Learn who they are and where they come from.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Christian theology, only those who are Christian go to heaven.

So does this mean that currently, 70%+ of all humans go to hell? (Only 30% of world's population is Christian)

And what about all those humans born before Judaism was invented?

So in TOTAL... it's more like 90%+ of all humans ever conceived just end up in hell ?

the word hell when first used in the English language didn't mean some fiery torment place. Over time people allowed pagan definitions to creep in and they applied to the word hell, so the word hell is not an accurate word to use in the scriptures today. when the word hell was first used it was used in place of the Greek word hades and when the Hebrew language was being translated into greek when they came to the Hebrew word Sheol they translated it to the Greek word Hades. since the Hebrew word Sheol means or represents, "not an individual grave" but instead, "the common grave of mankind," this means the definition of all three words, "Sheol, Hades, Hell" are the same, that being they all mean or represent the common grave of mankind. so with that understanding, we all go to hell when we die. we sleep in death there until we are resurrected back to life. Jesus slept in death there for three days then he was resurrected back to life.