70% of all humans going to hell?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

May 20, 2021
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
According to Christian theology, only those who are Christian go to heaven.

So does this mean that currently, 70%+ of all humans go to hell? (Only 30% of world's population is Christian)

And what about all those humans born before Judaism was invented?

So in TOTAL... it's more like 90%+ of all humans ever conceived just end up in hell ?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just got done being taught a lesson today on Revelation 22.

You may like to consider.

“Blessed are those who do His commandments, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter through the gates into the city. But outside are dogs and sorcerers and sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and whoever loves and practices a lie.”
‭‭Revelation‬ ‭22:14-15‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

I believe people will either be inside of the Kingdom of Heaven because of people who love God and love others having faith on his son and doing what was commanded to love others. They may have the right to the tree of life. That they may enter through the gates of the city.

(It doesn’t guarantee but suggest May so we don’t know - guess that is why hope is such an important prospect of being Christian.)

But outside are those who had no faith or love towards God or others it seems.

Bruce Atkinson

Sep 25, 2021
Western MA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, I think that 30% of the worlds' population is going to heaven is way high.

While 30% is a reasonable number of people that call themselves Christian, in actuality, a vast majority of those are 'head knowledge' Christians, but are not Christians that are truly born again believers. Even Jesus stated that few would truly be saved:

Matthew 7:13-14 (KJV)
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Additionally, there are numerous references to 'the remnant' throughout the Bible that indicates a small portion. I would interpret that to be something more in the neighborhood of 3-5%. While growing up in the '50s and '60s, I recall my mother did a lot of sewing and always had various fragments and remnants of material left from making a dress or whatever. If they were large enough, she'd make a small pillow for the couch, or even just a hot pad or two out of them then give them away. So I'd expect scriptural use of 'remnant' of people to be something in that range - (all KJV)

Isiah1:9 Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.
Isiah 46:3 Hearken unto me, O house of Jacob, and all the remnant of the house of Israel, which are borne by me from the belly, which are carried from the womb:
Jeremiah 23:3 And I will gather the remnant of my flock out of all countries whither I have driven them, and will bring them again to their folds; and they shall be fruitful and increase.
Romans 9:27 Esaias also crieth concerning Israel, Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved:
Revevlation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

So, how big is a 'remnant' in your mind?

Reactions: Nancy

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So does this mean that currently, 70%+ of all humans go to hell? (Only 30% of world's population is Christian)

So in TOTAL... it's more like 90%+ of all humans ever conceived just end up in hell ?
Jesus said few will be saved, most will be lost.

What’s few? 25%. 20%?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Only God knows what percentage is truly saved, and what percentage is not. But there are only two alternatives -- Heaven or Hell. Purgatory is a myth and so is Reincarnation. So since you identify yourself as a Christian, do everything you can to share the true Gospel, and leave the rest to God.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

Faith is a requirement for those in both OT & NT times.

Gen 15:1-6 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward." (2) But Abram said, "Lord GOD, what will You give me, seeing I go childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?" (3) Then Abram said, "Look, You have given me no offspring; indeed one born in my house is my heir!" (4) And behold, the word of the LORD came to him, saying, "This one shall not be your heir, but one who will come from your own body shall be your heir." (5) Then He brought him outside and said, "Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them." And He said to him, "So shall your descendants be." (6) And he believed in the LORD, and He accounted it to him for righteousness.

Just like He did to Abraham, God can speak directly to anyone. There are stories of tribes which previously had no contact with the outside world knowing about Christ through visions and prophecies among them.

Scripture says God reveals Himself from heaven, but the truth that is obvious in Creation is suppressed in unrighteousness.

Rom 1:18-21 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, (19) because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. (20) For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, (21) because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

And what is your point.

Are you trying to say God is unjust?
Can you demonstrate why you had to be saved,?

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
If the human species overall were to be "graded" like in school... humans would get an F-
With F for Faith In Christ and G for the Grace of God we ace Judgment Day.

Rom 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

This is the reason Jesus has not come yet - God want to up that percentage drastically! And it will; when the church stops arguing amongst its self, seek after God - and focus on making disciples through all the world, starting at home!

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What’s few?

Few is less than most.

For example Rev 7:9 tells of a multitude that no man can number. Well;
regardless of how many noses constitute that crowd, their number will be
smaller than the number of folk who fail to make the cut.
_

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They say God is omniscient; which suggests to me that He knew full well in
advance that the majority of the world's people would end up on the wrong
side of things down at the end, yet He went ahead and created them all in
that danger anyway. Somebody explain to me how that that is sane,
sensible, and/or humane.
_

May 20, 2021
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
sensible, and/or humane.
_

Same thing happened with the angels in heaven... created KNOWING there would be rebellion, etc

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
sensible, and/or humane.
_
Points to Note:
  • If every preGenesis test model of Creation proves opposition to God's Will is inevitable in all possible configurations, even a 1% redemption rate is better than zero existence for everyone.
  • If the damnation of unregenerate humanity did not earn them the "wages of sin", there would be nothing for regenerate humanity to be saved from.
  • God is free to do as He pleases with His Creation, and has made provision for ALL to be saved, even though ALL do not accept His Provision.

1Jn 2:1-2 My little children, I write these things to you so that you may not sin. If anyone sins, we have a Counselor with the Father, Jesus Christ, the righteous. (2) And he is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not for ours only, but also for the whole world.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If every preGenesis test model of Creation proves opposition to God's Will is
inevitable in all possible configurations, even a 1% redemption rate is better
than zero existence for everyone.

Any rancher who goes to the trouble and expense of building a herd, and
any farmer who goes to the trouble and expense of planting a crop knowing
in advance that they will reap at most a measly 1% return on their
investment is pretty much a moron. Even savings accounts earn better than
that.

And think of the inhumanity of it all. We're talking about people here; not
cattle and corn. I expect social lunatics like Stalin, Kim Jong-Un, Adolph
Hitler, and/or Xi Jinping to be sick enough to violate Nuremburg Law by
conducting experiments on involuntary human life, but I don't think it's
something I should expect from God.

God is free to do as He pleases with His Creation

The Bible depicts God as all-knowing and all-powerful, which tells me that it
is impossible to surprise Him and impossible to thwart Him. In other words;
even before God decided to create human life, He already knew in advance
that He would regret it; and that much of His handiwork would end up
terminated by a mode of death akin to a foundry worker falling into a kettle
of molten iron. And the worst of it is: termination in the lake of fire doesn't
end it for the discards; they are destined for endless eternal suffering; but
then God already knew that before He made them; didn't He.

It's been my experience that when Christians are challenged with these kinds
of questions they become indignant and defensive instead of pensive. They
circle the wagons and fire shot after shot of apologetics instead of telling me
what they really think.
_

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t believe 70% of Christians are going to Hell.

I believe that 100% of people will have the opportunity to hear of Christ and accept him. If they didn’t have the opportunity to do so during mortal life, they’ll get the chance as a spirit before the Final Judgement. And 99.9999% of those people will accept Him at least to some degree and have a beyond joyful afterlife.

Reactions: Waiting on him

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don’t believe 70% of Christians are going to Hell.

I believe that 100% of people will have the opportunity to hear of Christ and accept him. If they didn’t have the opportunity to do so during mortal life, they’ll get the chance as a spirit before the Final Judgement. And 99.9999% of those people will accept Him at least to some degree and have a beyond joyful afterlife.
interesting! so you subscribe to universalism minus .0001%? Is that the JW position?