8/17 Texas school district orders removal of Anne Frank’s diary from shelves [& the Bible too]

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol! Is she still little or not so little anymore? Im pregnant with my first child and its a girl.

After the forth grandchild, My wife and I arrived a day late. I walked in and asked "Did I fail to teach what causes this?" She looked at me and replied "Someone is getting fixed" Dad and Daughter ......."I know a good Vet!"

Reactions: Wynona

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you explain this more? I want to home school but I don't know how you can escape the curriculum requirements. I just figured Id have a really limited time educating in a way I see fit.

You might try searching homeschooling as a Christian , and find exemptions to having to use leftist indoctrination principles in the curriculum.

Reactions: Wynona

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After the forth grandchild, My wife and I arrived a day late. I walked in and asked "Did I fail to teach what causes this?" She looked at me and replied "Someone is getting fixed" Dad and Daughter ......."I know a good Vet!"

I wish you the best with the birth of your daughter. No matter what the world brings ....always work with God's plan through you to provide the best that little girl can achieve ...

I tried to be a great Dad. Was there for swimming (I hated 4am practices), softball, gymnastics, modeling .......She was sick for a year and schooled at home by telephone. Isat and stayed quiet several times to hear what they taught. We had a French Foreign Exchange student for a year. Anne was a concert pianist .....Great girl, straight "A's" . Michelle came into my office office one afternoon "I hate you!" "Why?" "Anne is perfect." "Reasons for you to try to be perfect as well ......" Her grades turned around ....

Today? I get to spoil grandchildren .....then take them back to Michelle .......heheheheheh!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you explain this more? I want to home school but I don't know how you can escape the curriculum requirements. I just figured Id have a really limited time educating in a way I see fit.
Home school in many States is a legal term. Like many “common phrases” the general public knows what it means, but has been REDEFINED, via Laws to mean WHAT THEY decide it means. If you never Enroll your child they have no governance over your child. All State laws are different/Independent of other States. So verifying with your State is paramount regarding education.
Once a child is enrolled, the parent is AGREEING to the School, Board, Administration, Counselors, Teachers to have Authority over your child.
Once enrolled, then To simply STOP sending a child to school can have detrimental consequences….Fines, Imprisonment, Removal of the child from the home….and WHY IF a child IS enrolled….and a parent wishes to remove them from the school…UNENROLL them!!! And a heads up, THEY WILL MAKE IT DIFFICULT to “unenroll” them. They will ASK WHY…which is NOT THEIR BUSINESS.. They will not release “official original” school records to a parent. They will ask what “other” school you intend to “enroll” the child, and say they will forward the records there. I have unenrolled before. Never asked for a form. I did have a notarized letter of “unenrollement” and gave to them. Never told them “what” school thereafter I would enroll them in. If a child has attended a school and the parent wants records, Before unenrolling they can…Ask for school record copy’s and offer to pay for the copy’s but insist to get copies. Intent to thereafter “school at home”, NOT their business, even though they may ask IF your intend to “HOME SCHOOL”, if you say Yes, they will use that information in a LEGAL WAY, that you may get a visit from School authorities about their curriculum…
Home School…a legal term.
School at Home…YOUR Business.
I chose the curriculum AND BOOKS, days, hours, etc..

Many Laws have Legalese Jargon, making a common word “Re-Defined” via a Law.

Many parents have run into negative legal consequences for simply stop sending their child to a school instead of Un-enrolling them.