80's and 90's (even 70's) Christian music Nostalgia

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I got to hear him, when he first came on the scene, at a gospel music seminar in Colorado in 1980, I think. His music is not for the faint of heart, lol.

Here's one of my favorites:

I can't post these videos for some reason, but here are the links.

I want to be a clone was what got me into him.

The other one I didn't post was Baby Doe, also not for the faint of heart!

I saw him with Sheila Walsh back in the day, really fun show! He really seemed like the real deal.

Much love!

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I want to be a clone was what got me into him.

The other one I didn't post was Baby Doe, also not for the faint of heart!

I saw him with Sheila Walsh back in the day, really fun show! He really seemed like the real deal.

Much love!
Yeah, they performed "I Want to Be a Clone" in Colorado. When I got to the seminar I heard about this "New Wave" band and thought, NO WAY! But I really enjoyed their performance and bought a tape (no CD's back then, lol).

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, they performed "I Want to Be a Clone" in Colorado. When I got to the seminar I heard about this "New Wave" band and thought, NO WAY! But I really enjoyed their performance and bought a tape (no CD's back then, lol).
I remember when we went to our church's mountain retreat center in the early 80's. We were just there to play in the snow, but there was a youth retreat, and they had a band I hadn't heard of, Undercover. I was in the little book store, looking at the record, and noticed this really tall bald guy standing next to me, looking over at me. So I asked him, Hey, do you these guys, they any good? He just said, Yeah, I think you'll like them.

So I bought it. And I really did like it! And I noticed that in the band picture, there was that guy!

Much love!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
While at my first church, I listened to a few Christian artists, including Randy Stonehill and The 2nd Chapter Of Acts. I still enjoy songs like, "Starlings," and, "Nightlight."
When God anointed me to lead worship, all I wanted to do was worship Him. I practised 4 hours a day and played out 4 or 5 days a week. I could lead worship for 4 hours at a time. Which sometimes meant playing and singing for up to 8 hours a day!
So I'm a worship leader who used to lead worship. I hope He'll use me that way again, but as they say, playing for an audience of One is still the best part. Blessings and Shalom.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While at my first church, I listened to a few Christian artists, including Randy Stonehill and The 2nd Chapter Of Acts. I still enjoy songs like, "Starlings," and, "Nightlight."
When God anointed me to lead worship, all I wanted to do was worship Him. I practised 4 hours a day and played out 4 or 5 days a week. I could lead worship for 4 hours at a time. Which sometimes meant playing and singing for up to 8 hours a day!
So I'm a worship leader who used to lead worship. I hope He'll use me that way again, but as they say, playing for an audience of One is still the best part. Blessings and Shalom.
One of the first Christian concerts I went to was 2nd Chapter of Acts. Annie Herring was very anointed.

I have led worship some with my guitar. It’s been a long time, but it’s something I love to do.

Reactions: Truman

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the 80's and even have records that I love to listen to and cassettes and a mini boombox that I take with me. My favorite bands are Idle Crue, Steve Taylor, Crumbächer, Bryan Duncan, Micheal W. Smith among some.

How about you all? Any good recommendations

Since we're posting music, this was one of my favorite Kings X songs from the early years. The lead at the end was as tasteful and well done as any in the history of rock and roll. I had a very good lead guitarist friend who told me the same thing; couldn't stop listening to the darn thing over and over. Ty Tabor is still ranked in the Top 80 of the world's most accomplished guitarists, and he still holds to his faith, despite the rest of the band departing from it.

Anyway, the song was about people making money their god, and ending up becoming a slave to it (Matthew 6:24). The point was that in the end, it only brings spiritual death rather than life.

The looks are - The smile is a lie
The clock drags on - The smoke is in your eyes
You know the blame is someone's
But you don't quite know who
In your mind - if it could only be different
In your heart - If only you could run away from it
Prisoner, prisoner (if you could only say)
Choosing death for life
Prisoner, prisoner (you are a prisoner)
Smiling executioner
If money - if love was in your life
Ifs run out - got to realize it's time
Confusion delusion alive in destitution
In your mind - if it could only be different
In your heart - if only you could run away from it
Prisoner, prisoner (if you could only say)
Choosing death for life
Prisoner, prisoner (you are a prisoner)
Smiling executioner

Reactions: historyb

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
One of the first Christian concerts I went to was 2nd Chapter of Acts. Annie Herring was very anointed.

I have led worship some with my guitar. It’s been a long time, but it’s something I love to do.
The last time I led Sunday morning worship was in 1998. I also love leading.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last time I led Sunday morning worship was in 1998. I also love leading.
I mostly did ladies’ and youth retreats. I was also in the choir. It’s hard to find a church that has a choir these days. I miss it! Sometimes, I tune into Charles Stanley’s church service. They have a great choir!