80's and 90's (even 70's) Christian music Nostalgia

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the 80's and even have records that I love to listen to and cassettes and a mini boombox that I take with me. My favorite bands are Idle Crue, Steve Taylor, Crumbächer, Bryan Duncan, Micheal W. Smith among some.

How about you all? Any good recommendations

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love the 80's and even have records that I love to listen to and cassettes and a mini boombox that I take with me. My favorite bands are Idle Crue, Steve Taylor, Crumbächer, Bryan Duncan, Micheal W. Smith among some.

My tastes are a bit different than yours. My faves were Heart, The Pretenders, much of the sixties music. Emmylou Harris, Ricky Skaggs, Roy Orbison (BIG fave) Merle, Willie and the guys. And of course, have fave Christian music from back then :)

Reactions: historyb

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My tastes are a bit different than yours. My faves were Heart, The Pretenders, much of the sixties music. Emmylou Harris, Ricky Skaggs, Roy Orbison (BIG fave) Merle, Willie and the guys. And of course, have fave Christian music from back then :)

Awesome! I knew all them. Johnny Cash one of my favorites

Reactions: Nancy

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Bryan Duncan was cool. Very big vocal range. I also listened to Micheal W. Smith some.

I don't recall a lot of what else I listened to. Some heavier stuff. I recall Whiteheart, and Kerry Livgren's band "A.D." I was also very big into Kings X when they were still Christian, before the world got to them. But I still listen to Ty Tabor a lot. I pray for him that he makes Heaven.

Other than that, most of the 70s and 80s stuff I listen to is all secular (mostly Classic Rock).

R

Rita

I love the ‘60’s and 70’s ‘music The Beatles, cilla Black, Lulu, ect. I went onto be. Teenybopper in the 70’s screaming round London following The Osmonds. Now I love a wider spectrum from Queen, David Bowie, Take That , linkin park, to Frank Sinatra, Neil Diamond, Andy Williams. I like Christian music but don’t know many of the artists names !
It’s mainly secular music at work and when I am round my dads. Never been a fan of the really heavy rock music of the past. Rita

Reactions: historyb and Pearl

shortangel

Aug 23, 2020
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lets see my favroite artists were Michael W Smith, Amy Grant, Crystal Lewis, for 80's music i was into Tiffany, New Kids on the block, Debbie Gibson, i preety much listened to 80's songs on the radio

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's see . . . some of those names . . .

Darrell Mansfield
Resurrection Band
Daniel Band
Bloodgood
Barren Cross
Holy Soldier
Stryper
Crystal Lewis
Steve Taylor
Jerusalem

I was more of a rocker then. I've calmed down a bit.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heart! Love their music! Anything Led Zeppelin did was better done by Heart.

Remembering Heart makes me remember being 15 again!

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heart! Love their music! Anything Led Zeppelin did was better done by Heart.

Remembering Heart makes me remember being 15 again!

Yes, 15, lol. Thing is, I still love them just as much! Just do not listen to it nearly as often.
Nothing like Ann's voice, it's like she has lungs huge as a house! Love the Zep too...some songs. :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, 15, lol. Thing is, I still love them just as much! Just do not listen to it nearly as often.
Nothing like Ann's voice, it's like she has lungs huge as a house! Love the Zep too...some songs. :)
Every great once in a while I'll listen to something. Heart at the Kennedy Center. Mistral Wind, Seattle, 1982. Crazy on You. Barracuda, a bunch of different recordings!

:)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I love the ‘60’s and 70’s ‘music The Beatles, cilla Black, Lulu, ect. I went onto be. Teenybopper in the 70’s screaming round London following The Osmonds. Now I love a wider spectrum from Queen, David Bowie, Take That , linkin park, to Frank Sinatra, Neil Diamond, Andy Williams. I like Christian music but don’t know many of the artists names !
It’s mainly secular music at work and when I am round my dads. Never been a fan of the really heavy rock music of the past. Rita
@Rita Interesting that the Beatles were regarded as way out and radical by some pll, while now they are regarded as almost tame...

(I'm not really into Beatles, though...)

R

Rita

I don’t think you can be British and not like at least a few of their songs ! Lol
It’s a bit like Queen, Elton John , status quo and David Bowie - icons x
Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don’t think you can be British and not like at least a few of their songs ! Lol
It’s a bit like Queen, Elton John , status quo and David Bowie - icons x
Rita
'Yesterday' sounds good...

What puts me off somewhat is memories of drug taking, etc., ... not necessary the music which can be tuneful, but the associations...

Reactions: shortangel
R

Rita

I think sometimes you have to separate the two. I love Michael Jackson’s music, his voice and music skills were amazing, but his life style was a bit off base.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think sometimes you have to separate the two. I love Michael Jackson’s music, his voice and music skills were amazing, but his life style was a bit off base.
@Rita
As with music, so also with things like bodyart; I think this is probably where some very conservative critics of other things are coming from, such as: "Because some ppl with tattoos don't live like Christians, therefore this proves that all tattoos everywhere must be bad" - illogical, but to themselves an emotive-sounding argument.

A lot of musicians and artists have of course been as Bohemian in their lives as in their art and music.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Who is Steve Taylor?