A Blood-Soaked Path Through History

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What a sad, pathetic little Catholic you are to think that those of us who accurately report history "hate" others. It is precisely our LOVE for others which compels us to carry God's warning of Revelation 14 and 18 to the people which calls them out of the Papal Antichrist Babylonian system and warns those who refuse to come out of the destruction that awaits them.

Were the angels who warned Lot and his family to flee the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah guilty of "hate"???

Neither are those of us who preach the Three Angels' Messages which include the call to come out of the satanically pagan, blasphemous, pathetic, disgusting culture of the modern day Sodom and Gomorrah found in Rome, Italy, which has only homosexuality, pedophilia, and dead faith to offer, and will be destroyed as surely as was that ancient city, the name of which is accurately given over to the criminal satanic practice of so many in Catholic leadership - Sodomy.
No link, no author and you think I am going to accept your private unverified hate?

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know you aren't talking about Lot - I BROUGHT UP LOT to show how characteristically ignorant is it for a papal sympathizer like yourself to accuse others of "hate" for doing what holy angels from heaven did - warn the people.

BTW, here's a source for you, if you will receive it:
2225-joan-of-arcx180.jpg

Charles A. Bolton (Ex-Roman Catholic priest):

"What has turned my soul against Roman abuse of power is the way in which it has tortured and burned such saints of God as Joan of Arc, hundreds of the Albigensian martyrs in France in the 12th century, the Knights Templar, John Huss [Czech Jan Hus], the Dominican Savonarola, the Dominican Giordano Bruno, [and] the Anglican bishops Cranmer, Ridley, and Latimer. The Inquisition has promoted at least two wholesale massacres: [hundreds of] thousands of Protestant Waldensians in northern Italy, and thousands of Protestant Huguenots by the massacre of St. Bartholomew in France. More than 30,000 of the most cultured Protestants of France were put to the sword on the night of St. Bartholomew, August 24, 1572. At the news [of this brutal, bloody massacre], the Pope had cannons fired, proclaimed a jubilee, ordered a Te Deum of thanksgiving to be sung, and struck a special medal to commemorate the glorious ‘victory’."
You gave a name, not a source. Charles A. Bolton has this quote next to quotes from the likes of Dave Hunt. What a joke. I am supposed to respond to 6 different events? Your shot gun tactics won't work with me. But here is a few off the top of my head:
The Waldensians were more Catholic in their beliefs than Catholics. They even applied for papal approval. And the Albigensians were so heretical, no Protestant today would have anything to do with their Gnosticism. On what grounds do you call St. Joan of Arc a great saint? She was sentenced by an apostate bishop seeking favors from the Anglicans. It was a kangaroo court and Bolton should know that. As far as the rest of your rant goes, it looks to me like a composition from 18th century enlightenment era atheists. It's a quote from a book, not a source at all. You refuse to give links because they don't exist? You rant and rave against events lacking any historical context and you don't know what you are talking about. You are just an angry little man with an authority complex, taking out all your anger on the Big Bad Boogy Man on the other side of the planet. You really need to tell your doctor how you feel about the Catholic Church.

PA-23363636-800x500.jpg

Pope Francis asks Waldensian Christians to forgive the Church

while phony man spits, writhes and foams at the mouth because the 11th century was just a few hours ago.

Last edited:

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Anti-Catholicism is hostility towards Catholics or opposition to the Catholic Church, its clergy and its adherents.[1] After the Reformation, Protestant states (especially England) made opposition to the Pope and Catholic rituals a major political theme. In the Early modern period, the Catholic Church struggled to maintain its traditional religious and political role in the face of rising secular powers in Europe. As a result of these struggles, there arose a hostile attitude towards the considerable political, social, spiritual and religious power of the Pope and the clergy in the form of anti-clericalism. The Inquisition was a favorite target of attack.
Anti-Catholicism - Wikipedia

Politics. The origins of anti-Catholic bigotry.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No link, no author and you think I am going to accept your private unverified hate?
LOL If only you'd have demanded the same documentation and proof for the priestly lies by which you are now so deeply entrenched in deception before the fact. Alas, hopefully you will someday.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anti-Catholicism is hostility towards Catholics or opposition to the Catholic Church, its clergy and its adherents.[1] After the Reformation, Protestant states (especially England) made opposition to the Pope and Catholic rituals a major political theme. In the Early modern period, the Catholic Church struggled to maintain its traditional religious and political role in the face of rising secular powers in Europe. As a result of these struggles, there arose a hostile attitude towards the considerable political, social, spiritual and religious power of the Pope and the clergy in the form of anti-clericalism. The Inquisition was a favorite target of attack.
Anti-Catholicism - Wikipedia

Politics. The origins of anti-Catholic bigotry.
The reason why your childish reports go ignored is that the moderators know that we true Christians do not hate Catholics nor are we critical of Catholic people - our criticism is of Catholic DOCTRINE and THE LEADERSHIP THAT PROMOTES IT, as well as of those of you who defend these satanic errors so vehemently. Learn the diff.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may have missed this, though I put it at the top, in giant, red, bold, letters, so I'll leave it here for you.
Foreword to those who, for the sake of their modern version of "love, peace, and unity" - a type of "saccharin sentimentalism" found no where in Scripture - would denounce the content of this OP as unnecessarily provocative, or even an instigation of violence - please read the following statements. Thank you.

Didn't Calvin had a heretic executed?

Going over your verse in your signature, but in context to make sure you are reading it in the spirit of the message;

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

The Book of 1 John was about the apostle John addressing those believers that had thought sin was no longer sin to them and that they can walk in darkness because they are His and thus saved, regardless. John was exposing those who teach such things as liars and hardly abiding in Him at all. John was not exposing them as unsaved nonbelievers in their midst, but as not abiding in Him for those that claim to know Him.

I believe the church at Thyatira in the Book of Revelation epitomizes the spirit of the Catholic Church as they sacrifice to devils in their Mass as per 1 Corinthians 10:14-22 and they are in trouble for treating the blood of the New Covenant on part with the blood of goats and bulls in thinking they need to receive that one time sacrifice for sins again each time it is made "present" during the Mass as pr Hebrews 10th chapter warnings.

They are the ones that teach Catholic to see spiritual gifts from the Holy Ghost; hence asking the Holy Ghost directly for those gifts; wrong way. There is a report that in the early history of the Catholic Church, they took tongues as a sign that they were keeping the doctrines within which goes against what tongues were to serve as a signs towards which is the unbelievers; 1 Corinthians 14:22

So in actuality, the Pentecostal/Charismatic Churches had their origins in the Catholic Church whose errant doctrines' origins epitomizes Thyatira.

Any saved believer in iniquity is in effect by that iniquity, denying Him ( Titus 1:15-16 ) which in turn He will deny them ( 2 Timothy 2:12 ) but even if they do not believe in Him any more, He is faithful for He still abides ( 2 Timothy 2:13 & 2 Timothy 2:18-21 ) but are at risk of being left behind as vessels unto dishonors to be received later on after the great tribulation, but they are still in His House for He will lose none ( John 6:38-40 )

So that warning to the church at Thyatira is for the Catholic/Pentecostal & Charismatic Churches and any other church or believer that has any of those doctrines in thinking Christ Presence is outside of them in visitations with signs & lying wonders or in the idol of the bread & the wine where they are eating and drinking in His Presence ( Luke 13:24-30 ) as the evidence will be where believers lose self control and fall down as in Matthew 7:21-27 which is Matthew's version of the same event of Luke 13:24-30 when God will judge His House first & excommunicate those not abiding in Him.

So do consider the reality of the power of God in salvation because if a Catholic believes in the Lord Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead, they are saved, even if by their doctrines, they believe they are not saved yet and laboring in unbelief in the works of catholicism in coming short of that rest in Jesus Christ.

Do note that 2 Thessalonians 3:1-7 and 2 Thessalonians 3:14-15 testified that evil, wicked, and unreasonable men that have not faith that do not walk after the traditions that was taught of us as in the N.T. are still brothers as we are to withdraw from fellowship to admonish them as brothers.

So we are to pray for our brethren in that the Lord will raise up workers for the harvests in the hopes that God may be peradventuring to recover some from the snares of the devil. We certainly cannot convince them by arguing about it. So let God cause the increase by praying for them.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Didn't Calvin had a heretic executed?

Going over your verse in your signature, but in context to make sure you are reading it in the spirit of the message;

1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. 6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

The Book of 1 John was about the apostle John addressing those believers that had thought sin was no longer sin to them and that they can walk in darkness because they are His and thus saved, regardless. John was exposing those who teach such things as liars and hardly abiding in Him at all. John was not exposing them as unsaved nonbelievers in their midst, but as not abiding in Him for those that claim to know Him.

I believe the church at Thyatira in the Book of Revelation epitomizes the spirit of the Catholic Church as they sacrifice to devils in their Mass as per 1 Corinthians 10:14-22 and they are in trouble for treating the blood of the New Covenant on part with the blood of goats and bulls in thinking they need to receive that one time sacrifice for sins again each time it is made "present" during the Mass as pr Hebrews 10th chapter warnings.

They are the ones that teach Catholic to see spiritual gifts from the Holy Ghost; hence asking the Holy Ghost directly for those gifts; wrong way. There is a report that in the early history of the Catholic Church, they took tongues as a sign that they were keeping the doctrines within which goes against what tongues were to serve as a signs towards which is the unbelievers; 1 Corinthians 14:22

So in actuality, the Pentecostal/Charismatic Churches had their origins in the Catholic Church whose errant doctrines' origins epitomizes Thyatira.

Any saved believer in iniquity is in effect by that iniquity, denying Him ( Titus 1:15-16 ) which in turn He will deny them ( 2 Timothy 2:12 ) but even if they do not believe in Him any more, He is faithful for He still abides ( 2 Timothy 2:13 & 2 Timothy 2:18-21 ) but are at risk of being left behind as vessels unto dishonors to be received later on after the great tribulation, but they are still in His House for He will lose none ( John 6:38-40 )

So that warning to the church at Thyatira is for the Catholic/Pentecostal & Charismatic Churches and any other church or believer that has any of those doctrines in thinking Christ Presence is outside of them in visitations with signs & lying wonders or in the idol of the bread & the wine where they are eating and drinking in His Presence ( Luke 13:24-30 ) as the evidence will be where believers lose self control and fall down as in Matthew 7:21-27 which is Matthew's version of the same event of Luke 13:24-30 when God will judge His House first & excommunicate those not abiding in Him.

So do consider the reality of the power of God in salvation because if a Catholic believes in the Lord Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead, they are saved, even if by their doctrines, they believe they are not saved yet and laboring in unbelief in the works of catholicism in coming short of that rest in Jesus Christ.

Do note that 2 Thessalonians 3:1-7 and 2 Thessalonians 3:14-15 testified that evil, wicked, and unreasonable men that have not faith that do not walk after the traditions that was taught of us as in the N.T. are still brothers as we are to withdraw from fellowship to admonish them as brothers.

So we are to pray for our brethren in that the Lord will raise up workers for the harvests in the hopes that God may be peradventuring to recover some from the snares of the devil. We certainly cannot convince them by arguing about it. So let God cause the increase by praying for them.
Oh no! not another uneducated psychotic liar! So you are an expert on Catholicism, or an expert on false histories and Catholic bashing?
Was it the evil Catholic Church that agreed on what books belong in the Bible in 397 AD?
Was it the evil Catholic Church that authoritatively taught the full doctrine of the Trinity in 451 at the Council of Chalcedon?
I think you have some reading to do.

Last edited:

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh no! not another uneducated psychotic liar! So you are an expert on Catholicism, or an expert on false histories and Catholic bashing?

Dear brother. You need to dial back the name calling. It is against the rules when attacking a poster. You can attack what I had shared if you can, but I doubt it when you have nothing else to say but to attack me.

As it is, I have read portions of the Catholic catechism where in spite of being incorporated into the Church, if they do not persevere in charity, they are not saved. Pg. 222 # 837

Do you wish to say that the Catholic catechism does not say that?

Scripture says Catholics are saved when they believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead, even though by the Catholic catechism, it says that they are not saved yet.

So if you wish to clarify or educate me as if I am reading that portion wrong, go on right ahead, but do drop the name calling, brother. It ills becomes you.

Reactions: Helen

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The reason why your childish reports go ignored is that the moderators know that we true Christians do not hate Catholics nor are we critical of Catholic people - our criticism is of Catholic DOCTRINE and THE LEADERSHIP THAT PROMOTES IT, as well as of those of you who defend these satanic errors so vehemently. Learn the diff.
What errors? The teachings you so ignorantly misrepresent?

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Dear brother. You need to dial back the name calling. It is against the rules when attacking a poster. You can attack what I had shared if you can, but I doubt it when you have nothing else to say but to attack me.

As it is, I have read portions of the Catholic catechism where in spite of being incorporated into the Church, if they do not persevere in charity, they are not saved. Pg. 222 # 837

Do you wish to say that the Catholic catechism does not say that?
It doesn't say it the way you put it.

Scripture says Catholics are saved when they believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead, even though by the Catholic catechism, it says that they are not saved yet.
It doesn't say that either. What the Church says is that nobody can be infallibly certain of their salvation, unless by divine revelation. It doesn't mean we are not saved, it means we will know for sure when we are dead. Paul says, "work out your salvation in fear and trembling" Nowhere in scripture does it say wee are all assured of salvation. That is an invention by John Calvin.

So if you wish to clarify or educate me as if I am reading that portion wrong, go on right ahead, but do drop the name calling, brother. It ills becomes you.
So lies, falsehoods and false histories are OK, but don't tell anybody they are ignorant bigots so they can repeat the same lies, falsehoods and stupid revisionisms on a multitude of threads. Gotcha.

This will help your catechism inquiries:
https://www.catholicity.com/catechism/fullindex.html

I don't post this very often, but I will for you:

IT was Pentecost Monday of May, 1975. A prophecy was given in Rome in the presence of Pope Paul VI (and numerous cardinals and bishops) by a layman little known at the time. Ralph Martin, one of the founders of what is known today as the "Charismatic Renewal," spoke a word which seems to be drawing ever closer to fulfillment.

Because I love you, I want to show you what I am doing in the world today. I want to prepare you for what is to come. Days of darkness are coming on the world, days of tribulation… Buildings that are now standing will not be standing. Supports that are there for my people now will not be there. I want you to be prepared, my people, to know only me and to cleave to me and to have me in a way deeper than ever before. I will lead you into the desert… I will strip you of everything that you are depending on now, so you depend just on me. A time of darkness is coming on the world, but a time of glory is coming for my Church, a time of glory is coming for my people. I will pour out on you all the gifts of my Spirit. I will prepare you for spiritual combat; I will prepare you for a time of evangelism that the world has never seen…. And when you have nothing but me, you will have everything: land, fields, homes, and brothers and sisters and love and joy and peace more than ever before. Be ready, my people, I want to prepare you…

Yes, it is important to hear this again because I believe the time of preparation is nearly over.

rm.jpg

https://www.markmallett.com/blog/2009/01/19/the-prophecy-at-rome/

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Catechism of the Catholic Church
In fact, "in this one and only Church of God from its very beginnings there arose certain rifts, which the Apostle strongly censures as damnable. But in subsequent centuries much more serious dissensions appeared and large communities became separated from full communion with the Catholic Church - for which, often enough, men of both sides were to blame."269 The ruptures that wound the unity of Christ's Body - here we must distinguish heresy, apostasy, and schism270 - do not occur without human sin:
Where there are sins, there are also divisions, schisms, heresies, and disputes. Where there is virtue, however, there also are harmony and unity, from which arise the one heart and one soul of all believers.271

818 "However, one cannot charge with the sin of the separation those who at present are born into these communities [that resulted from such separation] and in them are brought up in the faith of Christ, and the Catholic Church accepts them with respect and affection as brothers . . . . All who have been justified by faith in Baptism are incorporated into Christ; they therefore have a right to be called Christians, and with good reason are accepted as brothers in the Lord by the children of the Catholic Church."272

819 "Furthermore, many elements of sanctification and of truth"273 are found outside the visible confines of the Catholic Church: "the written Word of God; the life of grace; faith, hope, and charity, with the other interior gifts of the Holy Spirit, as well as visible elements."274 Christ's Spirit uses these Churches and ecclesial communities as means of salvation, whose power derives from the fullness of grace and truth that Christ has entrusted to the Catholic Church. All these blessings come from Christ and lead to him,275 and are in themselves calls to "Catholic unity."276

Toward unity

820 "Christ bestowed unity on his Church from the beginning. This unity, we believe, subsists in the Catholic Church as something she can never lose, and we hope that it will continue to increase until the end of time."277 Christ always gives his Church the gift of unity, but the Church must always pray and work to maintain, reinforce, and perfect the unity that Christ wills for her. This is why Jesus himself prayed at the hour of his Passion, and does not cease praying to his Father, for the unity of his disciples: "That they may all be one. As you, Father, are in me and I am in you, may they also be one in us, . . . so that the world may know that you have sent me."278 The desire to recover the unity of all Christians is a gift of Christ and a call of the Holy Spirit.279
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p123a9p3.htm
We offer an olive branch, and the Christian Taliban comes along and spits on it.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dead Bread, once again, you confuse reality with "fiction" due to your sad devotion to what the Bible has identified as the Antichrist of prophecy. There are thousands of good Catholics who have come to an understanding of why for over 300 years Protestants taught exclusively that this is so, and have renounced their allegiance to Mystery, Babylon the Great, the MOTHER CHURCH of harlots, and have come to a knowledge of a grace-saving relationship with Jesus Christ (which relationship pope Frannie says is "dangerous"). You would do well to do the same, I think.
Then, please enlighten me.

Show me the actual quote of Pope Francis stating that having a relationship with Jesus Christ is "dangerous".
If you can't - then you've just been exposed again for lying . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You offer DEATH to the people - unfortunate, deceived people who you have lead to believe there is virtue in a stupid, crusty, stale piece of dead bread, instead of telling them that our salvation is found only in Christ, which after we have accepted we are to become members of the organized church body - BUT YOU TEACH THAT SALVATION IS NOT FOUND OUTSIDE THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH AND THAT WE MUST COME TO THE CATHOLIC CHURCH ALONE TO OBTAIN IT, WHICH IS CONTRARY TO SCRIPTURE, WHERE GOD CALLS THOSE HE REFERS TO AS "MY PEOPLE" - GRACE SAVED, BORN AGAIN, CHRISTIAN SAINTS - OUT OF BABYLON AND INTO HIS CHURCH.

God says we are to enter into a saving relationship with Jesus that is evidenced by a new life lived in honor and obedience to His commandments, not the pathetic, ridiculous, SATANIC commandments of men that are found in what Luther calls "the Roman dunghill of decretals".
Please show me where the Catholic Church teaches that salvation is ONLY found in the Roman Rite. You might also wan to show evidence fore a "Roman Catholic Church."
While you're at it - show me where God says that we are to enter into a "saving relationship" with Jesus.

Your moronic posts are extremely easy to expose because you don't do your homework before opening your mouth . . .

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't say it the way you put it.

From the link:

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/__P29.HTM

"837 "Fully incorporated into the society of the Church are those who, possessing the Spirit of Christ, accept all the means of salvation given to the Church together with her entire organization, and who - by the bonds constituted by the profession of faith, the sacraments, ecclesiastical government, and communion - are joined in the visible structure of the Church of Christ, who rules her through the Supreme Pontiff and the bishops. Even though incorporated into the Church, one who does not however persevere in charity is not saved. He remains indeed in the bosom of the Church, but 'in body' not 'in heart.'"

It doesn't say that either. What the Church says is that nobody can be infallibly certain of their salvation, unless by divine revelation. It doesn't mean we are not saved, it means we will know for sure when we are dead. Paul says, "work out your salvation in fear and trembling" Nowhere in scripture does it say wee are all assured of salvation. That is an invention by John Calvin.

Scripture speaks for Him always; John Calvin does not always speak for Him, but no matter how you are saying this; you are in effect agreeing with what you say the Church doesn't say.

What Paul says should be in context;

Philippians 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. 12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. 13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

I believe the earlier portion of verse 12 is in regards to how we worship God the Father by; and that is by the only way of the Son; see also John 5:22-23.

The latter portion of verse 12 is what you are applying as working FOR your salvation BUT it is really about how we work OUT our salvation; meaning you are saved and how you worship Him is by acknowledging that it is by our faith and confidence in Him that He will finish His work in us to His glory; not ours.

If you consider that you have His seal of adoption, sealed unto that day of redemption; that Holy Spirit in you is bearing witness to that Good News in Christ Jesus. This is why when we read His words that He will lose none of all the Father has given Him is why OSAS is true, but it is how we will be received that is in question; as vessels unto honor for abiding in Him & His words by His grace & by His help or as vessel unto dishonor for being in works of iniquity that deny Him in one form or another where they become castaways to be resurrected after the great tribulation.

John 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. 39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. 40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

So when you see Christ descending from Heaven with a shout, are the first thoughts in your mind is about how you need to make yourself right with Him by the Mass or/and having confession with the priest thus you would draw back or is all your hope on Him so that you would freely go to Him?

So lies, falsehoods and false histories are OK, but don't tell anybody they are ignorant bigots so they can repeat the same lies, falsehoods and stupid revisionisms on a multitude of threads. Gotcha.

I am not following every post in this thread. I replied to the one from which you are replying to mine by.

On the charge of revisionist's history, if you think about it, both sides can lay claim to that in this discussion and so leaves us both at an impasse as to who is right? It doesn't matter when scripture is to be applied in proving or disproving errant doctrines, specifically if it takes away the joy of our salvation in Christ Jesus; then you have to use common sense to ask why is Jesus Christ the Good News and suspect the "authority" telling you otherwise that they may not be on the up and up otherwise. Then go to Jesus Christ in prayer for help. He is your Good Shepherd too if you will have Him.

This will help your catechism inquiries:
https://www.catholicity.com/catechism/fullindex.html

I don't post this very often, but I will for you:

IT was Pentecost Monday of May, 1975. A prophecy was given in Rome in the presence of Pope Paul VI (and numerous cardinals and bishops) by a layman little known at the time. Ralph Martin, one of the founders of what is known today as the "Charismatic Renewal," spoke a word which seems to be drawing ever closer to fulfillment.

Because I love you, I want to show you what I am doing in the world today. I want to prepare you for what is to come. Days of darkness are coming on the world, days of tribulation… Buildings that are now standing will not be standing. Supports that are there for my people now will not be there. I want you to be prepared, my people, to know only me and to cleave to me and to have me in a way deeper than ever before. I will lead you into the desert… I will strip you of everything that you are depending on now, so you depend just on me. A time of darkness is coming on the world, but a time of glory is coming for my Church, a time of glory is coming for my people. I will pour out on you all the gifts of my Spirit. I will prepare you for spiritual combat; I will prepare you for a time of evangelism that the world has never seen…. And when you have nothing but me, you will have everything: land, fields, homes, and brothers and sisters and love and joy and peace more than ever before. Be ready, my people, I want to prepare you…

Yes, it is important to hear this again because I believe the time of preparation is nearly over.

rm.jpg

https://www.markmallett.com/blog/2009/01/19/the-prophecy-at-rome/

Thanks for sharing, but as in all things, we are to prove everything and abstain from all appearances of evil.

I have heard some Pentecostals/Charismatics say that Catholics are going to hell. One time I pointed out to a pastor that I had worked with at Wal-Mart that there is such a thing as a Catholic Charismatic Church and they speak in tongues too from which he said that maybe they are saved too. Somehow I just can't believe that God would not rebuke either side of this division with all of those "tongues" without interpretation for all that time to have His tongues comes with interpretation to settle the matter of salvation, let alone Catholicism.

I believe Catholics are saved and I believe the Pentecostals/Charismatics are saved if they believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and that God raised Him from the dead, but I believe they both can identify, if not in full, but in part with the church at Thyatira in the Book of Revelation for why all those churches need to repent or else be cast into the bed of the coming great tribulation.

Believers can only partake of communion in receiving the bread & the wine in remembrance of Him only; nothing else; and believers need to shun tongues for private use and stop chasing after receiving the "Holy Spirit" apart from salvation for signs, even the signs of tongues which never comes with interpretation or any other signs where there are chaos and confusion of people falling down, because it is not of Him at all.

Trusting Jesus Christ as your Good Shepherd to get ready by discerning good and evil to depart from iniquity and laying aside every weight & sin is the only way to go, because relying on a church to do His job is cutting inbetween you and Him from having that personal relationship with God.

I am not pointing you to a church. I am pointing you to go the scriptures to learn of Him so that you will go to Jesus Christ for life & no other.

John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

All invitations in the scripture points to the Son of God and by believing in Him is how we receive eternal life. Jesus said so & I believe Him.

John 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
If I were to take that line of thinking then I would have to conclude that asking forgiveness and forgiving are both a waste to time.

'Corporate' asking forgiveness is not personal praying forgiveness. The 'corporate' is mere show and announcement worth no more than the publicity it gets; personal forgiveness is prayed in the innermost chambers of one's, heart and home, and is worth no less than the faithfulness of "You, o God, whom alone I have sinned against".

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
History has a better chance of being accurate when it is verified by a real historian with a Ph.D. And even then one must be discerning. The wanna-be preacher carnival barkers on you tube are not historians. Neither is Jack Chick, Dave Hunt, and a legion of professional anti-Catholics. But this forum has no rules for providing sources, so people can just make stuff up and say, "look at those stupid Catholics". Straw man fallacies abound.

John the Apostle was bishop over the 7 churches in Asia minor, so it is a mistake to use them as labels to point at any church. The 7 churches in Rev. represent all churches over all time. You talk about the coming tribulation, so why do Christians obsessed with end times spend so much time and resources inflicting tribulation on Catholics???

You have over 10 topics in your post. Do you have any sincere questions?

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
From the link:

"837 "Fully incorporated into the society of the Church are those who, possessing the Spirit of Christ, accept all the means of salvation given to the Church together with her entire organization, and who - by the bonds constituted by the profession of faith, the sacraments, ecclesiastical government, and communion - are joined in the visible structure of the Church of Christ, who rules her through the Supreme Pontiff and the bishops. Even though incorporated into the Church, one who does not however persevere in charity is not saved. He remains indeed in the bosom of the Church, but 'in body' not 'in heart.'"
The catechism is not the Bible. We don't read the catechism the way you read the Bible. You may object if I were to quote one Bible verse related to salvation for example, and say "this is what Protestants teach about salvation". It would not be fair, and it is not fair for you (or Matt Slick) to abuse the catechism in the same way. Paul repeatedly taught perseverance to the end. It's OK for him but not for us?
Footnotes are nothing to fear, many are direct references to the Bible.
The catechism is not for scoffers and mockers who scour the catechism looking for weapons to attack the Church with. It's for bishops who instruct priests and they in turn instruct us. If you like chaos and mayhem by individuals with no training claiming divine instruction, good for you. That non-method hasn't worked for 500 years. God is a God of order, not chaos. Cherry picking one paragraph out of context from the whole is not fair either.

Have you looked at paragraphs 817-820? They are on the same page. I posted it several times and when I do, the anti-Catholics run away screaming because it doesn't fit their preconceptions.

5 "Catechesis is an education in the faith of children, young people and adults which includes especially the teaching of Christian doctrine imparted, generally speaking, in an organic and systematic way, with a view to initiating the hearers into the fullness of Christian life."8

11 This catechism aims at presenting an organic synthesis of the essential and fundamental contents of Catholic doctrine, as regards both faith and morals, in the light of the Second Vatican Council and the whole of the Church's Tradition. Its principal sources are the Sacred Scriptures, the Fathers of the Church, the liturgy, and the Church's Magisterium. It is intended to serve "as a point of reference for the catechisms or compendia that are composed in the various countries".15

12 This work is intended primarily for those responsible for catechesis: first of all the bishops, as teachers of the faith and pastors of the Church. It is offered to them as an instrument in fulfilling their responsibility of teaching the People of God. Through the bishops, it is addressed to redactors of catechisms, to priests, and to catechists. It will also be useful reading for all other Christian faithful.

13 The plan of this catechism is inspired by the great tradition of catechisms which build catechesis on four pillars: the baptismal profession of faith (the Creed), the sacraments of faith, the life of faith (the Commandments), and the prayer of the believer (the Lord's Prayer).

Part One: the Profession of Faith

14 Those who belong to Christ through faith and Baptism must confess their baptismal faith before men.16 First therefore the Catechism expounds revelation, by which God addresses and gives himself to man, and the faith by which man responds to God (Section One). the profession of faith summarizes the gifts that God gives man: as the Author of all that is good; as Redeemer; and as Sanctifier. It develops these in the three chapters on our baptismal faith in the one God: the almighty Father, the Creator; his Son Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour; and the Holy Spirit, the Sanctifier, in the Holy Church (Section Two).

Part Two: the Sacraments of Faith

15 The second part of the Catechism explains how God's salvation, accomplished once for all through Christ Jesus and the Holy Spirit, is made present in the sacred actions of the Church's liturgy (Section One), especially in the seven sacraments (Section Two).

Part Three: the Life of Faith

16 The third part of the Catechism deals with the final end of man created in the image of God: beatitude, and the ways of reaching it - through right conduct freely chosen, with the help of God's law and grace (Section One), and through conduct that fulfils the twofold commandment of charity, specified in God's Ten Commandments (Section Two).

Part Four: Prayer in the Life of Faith

17 The last part of the Catechism deals with the meaning and importance of prayer in the life of believers (Section One). It concludes with a brief commentary on the seven petitions of the Lord's Prayer (Section Two), for indeed we find in these the sum of all the good things which we must hope for, and which our heavenly Father wants to grant us.

A few years ago I posted this on the CARM forum and it got deleted.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/__P5.HTM

Always paste the link to the page of what you are quoting. You get better context that way.

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The catechism is not the Bible. We don't read the catechism the way you read the Bible. You may object if I were to quote one Bible verse related to salvation for example, and say "this is what Protestants teach about salvation". It would not be fair, and it is not fair for you (or Matt Slick) to abuse the catechism in the same way. Paul repeatedly taught perseverance to the end. It's OK for him but not for us?

Perseverance for eternal salvation or perseverance in abiding in Him to be raptured when the Bridegroom appears for us to escape the fiery destruction on a third of the earth? If one persevere for salvation, then that is hardly abiding in Him as a saved believer because that would be denying Him as your Savior by those works, no matter how "good" it is. Titus 1:15-16

We are to be careful to maintain good works because it is profitable unto men; not for salvation.

Titus 3:4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. 8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.

So when Catholics are being taught to use perseverance to mean for salvation, then it goes against that faithful saying, does it now?

Footnotes are nothing to fear, many are direct references to the Bible.

We are called to discern and prove even the footnotes in the Bible. It was because of errant marginal notes that was running contrary to the scripture in the 1599 Geneva Bible is why the Puritans had requested from King James another Bible version. Even the Liberty Annotated King James Bible has footnotes that ran contrary to scripture.

Since it is obvious we are to discern the footnotes in all the Bible versions as well as the Bible versions themselves, can the Catholic Catechism be that far behind with their footnotes as well?

The catechism is not for scoffers and mockers who scour the catechism looking for weapons to attack the Church with. It's for bishops who instruct priests and they in turn instruct us. If you like chaos and mayhem by individuals with no training claiming divine instruction, good for you. That non-method hasn't worked for 500 years. God is a God of order, not chaos. Cherry picking one paragraph out of context from the whole is not fair either.

God is the God of order all right, but when Catholic talk out of both sides of their mouths, I usually blame the Catholic Catechism. Indeed, there is such a thing as a cafeteria Catholic that believes some of what catholicism teaches but not all of it.

Have you looked at paragraphs 817-820? They are on the same page. I posted it several times and when I do, the anti-Catholics run away screaming because it doesn't fit their preconceptions.

12 This work is intended primarily for those responsible for catechesis: first of all the bishops, as teachers of the faith and pastors of the Church. It is offered to them as an instrument in fulfilling their responsibility of teaching the People of God. Through the bishops, it is addressed to redactors of catechisms, to priests, and to catechists. It will also be useful reading for all other Christian faithful.

***Your quote has been edited due to number of words restriction in post reply. Sorry.

I thank you for sharing. I do note that #12 states the primary purpose for the catechism in enabling the bishops to teach the people of God by and that it is offered to Christian faithfuls for reading.

So explain what this is saying below in your own words.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/__P2Z.HTM

1113 The whole liturgical life of the Church revolves around the Eucharistic sacrifice and the sacraments.29 There are seven sacraments in the Church: Baptism, Confirmation or Chrismation, Eucharist, Penance, Anointing of the Sick, Holy Orders, and Matrimony.30 This article will discuss what is common to the Church's seven sacraments from a doctrinal point of view. What is common to them in terms of their celebration will be presented in the second chapter, and what is distinctive about each will be the topic of the Section Two.

With this below:

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/__P33.HTM

1129 The Church affirms that for believers the sacraments of the New Covenant are necessary for salvation.51 "Sacramental grace" is the grace of the Holy Spirit, given by Christ and proper to each sacrament. the Spirit heals and transforms those who receive him by conforming them to the Son of God. the fruit of the sacramental life is that the Spirit of adoption makes the faithful partakers in the divine nature52 by uniting them in a living union with the only Son, the Savior.

Now how am I to read what I had quoted earlier in the wrong way when doing the sacraments is necessary for salvation too?

That is why we are to prove all things by Him, because the Catholic Catechism do oppose themselves in more ways than one. For anyone to clarify what the Catholic Catechism is really saying, they have to edit what is opposing them in that Catholic Catechism.

2 Timothy 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
LOL If only you'd have demanded the same documentation and proof for the priestly lies by which you are now so deeply entrenched in deception before the fact. Alas, hopefully you will someday.
If you were not such a coward, you would name a least one "priestly lie" and it can be discussed rationally and calmly. But you are not capable. You can only post flaming zingers.

I can document every single teaching of the Church, and they are all available to the public while you keep your teachings, and the name of your cult shrouded in mystery. It's not me who is deceptive. Your cult doesn't even have its own web page.

You claim the Church is guilty of killing the entire European population two times over yet refuse to name the author of such absurdities. That too is a deception.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.