A Blood-Soaked Path Through History

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Foreword to those who, for the sake of their modern version of "love, peace, and unity" - a type of "saccharin sentimentalism" found no where in Scripture - would denounce the content of this OP as unnecessarily provocative, or even an instigation of violence - please read the following statements. Thank you.

The Protestant Reformers were well acquainted with the murderous, horrific Dark Ages regime of the Roman Catholic Papacy - "Papacy" referring to the union of the Catholic church and the equally corrupt State - where millions of "heretics" for over a thousand years were tried, convicted, sentenced to torture or death, and handed over to State authorities for punishment for the "crime" of choosing to worship God according to the dictates of their own conscious, rather than accepting the Satanic doctrines and dogmas of the RCC, the most intolerant religious organization to ever grace the topside of the Earth:

"That the Church of Rome has shed more innocent blood than ANY OTHER INSTITUTION that has ever existed among mankind will be questioned by no Protestant who has a competent knowledge of history." - William E. H. Lecky, History of the Rise and Influence of the Spirit of Rationalism in Europe, Vol. II, pp. 35

This timeline, which begins well into the reign of terror of the Papacy and is a partial listing of what is estimated by church historians to be between 50 - 150 Million victims which only time and eternity will reveal, is both a demonstration of the horrific extremes to which the RCC did go in the past in order to advance the self-described "supremacy" of the RCC...and a warning to my fellow "heretics" of today that these same extremes are not only yet still considered by the RCC as acceptable recourse in dealing with we who reject the Satanic doctrines of the RCC, but that the centuries-long dominant Protestant eschatological interpretation of Historicism shows that such extremes will be once again brought to bear upon those who refuse to acknowledge anything but the Word of God as their only guide in religious matters just before the return of our True Shepherd, Pontiff, Potentate, Vicar of God, and Lord God of Heaven, Earth (and Purgatory, if it it actually existed anywhere outside the realm of Papal fantasy) - the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

1096 Roman Catholic crusaders slaughter half the Jews in Worms, Germany.

1098 Roman Catholic crusaders slaughter almost all of the inhabitants of the city of Antioch.

1099 Roman Catholic crusaders massacre 70,000 Muslims and Jews when they capture Jerusalem.

1208 – 1226 The Albigensian Crusades in southern France. Roman Catholic crusaders slaughter approximately 20,000 citizens of Beziers, France, on July 22, 1209. Albigensian Christians and Catholics were slain. By the time the Roman Catholic armies finished their “crusade,” almost the entire population of southern France (mostly Albigensian Christians) has been exterminated. During the six centuries of papal Inquisition that began in the 13th century, up to 50 million people were killed. Read what J. A. Wylie's The History of Protestantism has to say about the Crusades against the Abigensis.

1236 Roman Catholic crusaders slaughter Jews in the Anjou and Poitou regions of western France. The Catholic crusaders trample to death under their horses 3000 Jews who refuse baptism.

1243 Roman Catholic mobs burn alive all the Jews in Berlitz, Germany (near Berlin).

1298 Roman Catholic mobs burn alive all Jews in Rottingen, Germany.

April 26, 1349 Roman Catholic mobs burn to death all Jews in Germersheim, Germany.

1348 – 1349 The Jews are blamed for the bubonic plague. Author Dave Hunt tells us, “Accused of causing the ‘Black Death’ Jews were rounded up [by Roman Catholic mobs] and hanged, burned, and drowned by the thousands in revenge.”

1389 Roman Catholic mobs murder 3000 Jews in Prague when they refuse to be baptized.

1481 – 1483 At the direction of the Roman Catholic inquisitors, authorities burn at the stake at least 2000 people during the first two years of the Spanish Inquisition.

1540 – 1570 Roman Catholic armies butcher at least 900,000 Waldensian Christians of all ages during this 30-year period.

1550 – 1560 Roman Catholic troops slaughter at least 250,000 Dutch Protestants via torture, hanging, and burning during this ten-year period.

1553 – 1558 Roman Catholic Queen Mary I of England (aka “bloody Mary”) attempts to bring England back under the yoke of papal tyranny. During her reign, approximately 200 men and woman are burned to death at the sake. Her victims include bishops, scholars, and other Protestant leaders.

1572 St. Bartholomew’s Day Massacre. French Roman Catholic soldiers begin killing Protestants in Paris on the night of August 24, 1572. The soldiers kill at least 10,000 Protestants during the first three days. At least 8000 more Protestants are killed as the slaughter spreads to the countryside.

1618 – 1648 The Thirty Years’ War. This bloody, religious war is planned, instigated, and orchestrated by the Roman Catholic Jesuit order and its agents in an attempt to exterminate all the Protestants in Europe. Many countries in central Europe lose up to half their population.

1641 – 1649 Eight years of Jesuit-instigated Roman Catholic butchery of Irish Protestants claims the lives of at least 100,000 Protestants.

1685 French Roman Catholic soldiers slaughter approximately 500,000 French Protestant Huguenots on the orders of Roman Catholic King Louis 14 of France.

Circa 1938 – 1945 Catholic dictators such as Adolf Hitler and Monsignor Tiso slaughter approximately six million Jews in Europe prior to and during World War 2.

1941 – 1945 The Roman Catholic Ustashi in the fascist state of Croatia butcher up to one million Serbian Orthodox Christians. Roman Catholic killer squads are often led by Franciscan priests, monks, and friars. This genocide is choreographed by two Jesuit prelates: Aloysius Stepinac and Ivan Saric.

Last edited:
Reactions: Truth7t7

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Catholic dictators such as Adolf Hitler.....

I doubt Adolf Hitler was a catholic.
He was a demon possessed dictator.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm getting a bit tired of seeing these anti catholic posts here.
There seems to be no end to it.

(I know.....I know.....I don't have to look at it.)

The only ones I'm reading right now are BOL's responses.
I found some common ground there even though I don't agree with catholic doctrine.

Good luck with your discussion.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@Triumph1300 AGREE!

I've just checked into this thread too, for my first read.
I had foolishly thought, " Oh good, a new thread"....Only to find that yet again it is another silly time wasting anti-Catholic thread.

These people are so obsessed with posting against Catholics...one has to wonder if the every read God's wonderful book ...and anything Good..

The old devil has them by the short and curly's , he loves Christian who do don't preach anything positive.

Philippians 4:8 " Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. "

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Triumph1300 AGREE!

I had foolishly thought, " Oh good, a new thread"....Only to find that yet again it is another silly time wasting anti-Catholic thread.

These people are so obsessed with posting against Catholics...one has to wonder if the every read God's wonderful book ...and anything Good..

The old devil has them by the short and curly's , he loves Christian who do don't preach anything positive.

Philippians 4:8 " Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. "
You may have missed this, though I put it at the top, in giant, red, bold, letters, so I'll leave it here for you.
Foreword to those who, for the sake of their modern version of "love, peace, and unity" - a type of "saccharin sentimentalism" found no where in Scripture - would denounce the content of this OP as unnecessarily provocative, or even an instigation of violence - please read the following statements. Thank you.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I doubt Adolf Hitler was a catholic.
He was a demon possessed dictator.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm getting a bit tired of seeing these anti catholic posts here.
There seems to be no end to it.

(I know.....I know.....I don't have to look at it.)

The only ones I'm reading right now are BOL's responses.
I found some common ground there even though I don't agree with catholic doctrine.

Good luck with your discussion.
Yes, and tyrannical rule
still believe in non-osas phone? how's it look
I can't believe it, seeing that God doesn't compel anyone to serve Him. The Devil is the one who does that. Isn't it curious that the Papacy feels the same way as the devil does?

Heb 13:8

Nov 2, 2016
USA
I can't believe it, seeing that God doesn't compel anyone to serve Him. The Devil is the one who does that. Isn't it curious that the Papacy feels the same way as the devil does?

God doesn't compel anyone to believe and confess, Rom 10:9. We all have free will and a choice to make. Have you made your choice yet? God bless

Reactions: Phoneman777

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was going to respond to this moronic thread - but it is already being well-policed by my non-Catholic friends here.

This kind of ridiculous nonsense is the kind of drivel that has caused so much division within the Body of Christ over the centuries - especially when so much of it is pure fiction . . .

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Triumph1300 AGREE!

When Catholics Are On The Forum Preaching Roman Catholicism Represents The One True Holy Apostolic Church?

They Need To Be Reminded Of The Christian Blood Shed Throughout The Centuries At The Hands Or Roman Catholisism.

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When Catholics Are On The Forum Preaching Roman Catholicism Represents The One True Holy Apostolic Church?
Catholics on the forum defend against stupid attacks, we don't preach Catholicism unless asked for information, which rarely happens. You ask nothing, you just attack and insult, especially with false histories.

They Need To Be Reminded Of The Christian Blood Shed Throughout The Centuries At The Hands Or Roman Catholisism.
Another psychotic assertion with no evidence and no references.

Likewise, Ellen Rice (“The Myth of the Spanish Inquisition”) comments:

The Myth of the Spanish Inquisition, a 1994 BBC/A and E production . . . is a definite must-see for anyone who wishes to know how historians now evaluate the Spanish Inquisition since the opening of an investigation into the Inquisition’s archives. The special includes commentary from historians whose studies verify that the tale of the darkest hour of the Church was greatly fabricated.
In its brief sixty-minute presentation, The Myth of the Spanish Inquisition provides only an overview of the origins and debunking of the myths of torture and genocide. The documentary definitely succeeds in leaving the viewer hungry to know more. The long-held beliefs of the audience are sufficiently weakened by the testimony of experts and the expose of the making of the myth.
. . . In 1567 a fierce propaganda campaign began with the publication of a Protestant leaflet penned by a supposed Inquisition victim named Montanus. This character (Protestant of course) painted Spaniards as barbarians who ravished women and sodomized young boys. The propagandists soon created “hooded fiends” who tortured their victims in horrible devices like the knife-filled Iron Maiden (which never was used in Spain). The BBC/A and E special plainly states a reason for the war of words: the Protestants fought with words because they could not win on the battlefield.
The Inquisition had a secular character, although the crime was heresy. Inquisitors did not have to be clerics, but they did have to be lawyers. The investigation was rule-based and carefully kept in check. And most significantly, historians have declared fraudulent a supposed Inquisition document claiming the genocide of millions of heretics.
What is documented is that 3000 to 5000 people died during the Inquisition’s 350 year history . . . As the program documents, the 3,000 to 5,000 documented executions of the Inquisition pale in comparison to the 150,000 documented witch burnings elsewhere in Europe over the same centuries.
. . . Discrediting the Black Legend brings up the sticky subject of revisionism. Re-investigating history is only invalid if it puts an agenda ahead of reality. The experts – once true believers in the Inquisition myth – were not out to do a feminist canonization of Isabella or claim that Tomas de Torquemada was a Marxist. Henry Kamen of the Higher Council for Scientific Research in Barcelona said on camera that researching the Inquisition’s archives “demolished the previous image all of us (historians) had.”

Even Henry Charles Lea, the first major American Inquisition historian and no fan of the Catholic Church, says of the calculations of victims:

There is no question that the number of these has been greatly exaggerated in popular belief, an exaggeration to which Llorente has largely contributed by his absurd method of computation…. (A History of the Inquisition of Spain, volume 4, p. 517)

Lea calls Llorente’s guess-work “reckless” and “entirely fallacious.”

Related reading:

The Inquisition Killed 4.9 Million? (John Bugay’s Whoppers) [6-4-10]

Were “50-68 Million” People Killed in the Inquisition? [8-21-15; abridged, general version of Shamoun discussion above]

Sam Shamoun: Catholic Inquisition Murdered “50-68 Million” (see also the vigorous related Facebook discussion) [April 2014]

Inquisition, Crusades, & “Catholic Scandals” (Index Page)
Protestant Inquisitions: “Reformation” Intolerance & Persecution

Christian Blood Shed Throughout The Centuries At The Hands Or Roman Catholisis???
You are not equipped, so don't even go there.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Such Thing As Roman Catholic Inquisition And Torture?

Just As There Was No Jewish Holocaust, Or Armenian Genocide :)

Last edited:
Reactions: brakelite

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

WHY????
They will never ever change...they have made their choice and are happy with it.
By the number of posts you have made here it is a wee bit early to be championing this cause....when it has gone on and on , in almost every thread for years, it gets very tiresome.
God has so many good and encouraging things to say to us...yet so many choose to not posts those things...or anything which edifies and builds up...but they get side tracked and end up leaving because they get bogged down with the circular arguments ...they are always circular...there is never ever, ever, ever a winner.
Paul warns us about useless unfruitful arguments.

...as I say...another two people left this site this week...and one a few weeks back , because of so many silly arguments in almost every thread with the Catholics. ( I know because they PM'ed me)
Well, last time I looked , it takes two to argue.
If the protestants kept there mouth shut and posted something worth while, then the Catholics would not be blamed for dominating the Site.
It is the Protestants that keep all the arguments going.
Just like the guy who started yet another one right here...AGAIN ...WHY?
It is HE which wants to talk about the Catholics , not them.
Now he "could have" started some nice interesting uplifting , spiritual thread that would bless visitors or those here...but no...'lets bash the Catholics again, it's more fun.'
Plus, it takes much less spiritual effort, ...in fact it takes none at all.
In every warfare, the enemy is delighted to get people distracted "over -there" on useless projects...because that keeps them busy, and stops them in any forward progress.
I have two wonderful children who love and serve the Lord ( in their mid fifties now) ...and 4 grandchildren. I can honestly say not once when they were all growing up, did I think that focussing on "those bad , wicked ,Catholics" , would help them grow one nth degree spiritually, or cause them to love the Lord more, stronger, or better.
I taught , talked ,and lived in the good things of God.
When our constant focus ( and it sure is constant on this Site!) is always on the negative, thinking negative ,posting the negative....rather than the good things of God , His Plan, and Word...the atmosphere becomes negative and no longer spiritually up-lifting or edifying.
But.....
Each to their own...enjoy yourself. :)

Reactions: FHII

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
hat the Church of Rome has shed more innocent blood than ANY OTHER INSTITUTION that has ever existed among mankind will be questioned by no Protestant who has a competent knowledge of history.

A very questionable statement as all the listed atrocities do not show any estimate of how many died. Set against these accusations the known killing of 6 million jews by hitler, or the estimated greater killing by stalin which range from 10 to 50 million the claims against the rcc are seen to be inconsquecial.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And anti-Catholics like yourself need to be reminded of TWO things as well (at least).
1. There is no such Church as "The Roman Catholic Church."
There is PLENTY of blood on the hands of Protestantism as well.

Your hypocrisy will get you NOWHERE . . .

Reactions: FHII

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WHY????
They will never ever change...they have made their choice and are happy with it.
By the number of posts you have made here it is a wee bit early to be championing this cause....when it has gone on and on , in almost every thread for years, it gets very tiresome.
God has so many good and encouraging things to say to us...yet so many choose to not posts those things...or anything which edifies and builds up...but they get side tracked and end up leaving because they get bogged down with the circular arguments ...they are always circular...there is never ever, ever, ever a winner.
Paul warns us about useless unfruitful arguments.
Grace your statements are true, I agree 100%!

You Win :)

Reactions: Helen

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I was going to respond to this moronic thread - but it is already being well-policed by my non-Catholic friends here.

This kind of ridiculous nonsense is the kind of drivel that has caused so much division within the Body of Christ over the centuries - especially when so much of it is pure fiction . . .

Triple 7 speaks of millions murdered by Roman Catholicism.

I speak of the BILLIONS. Remember my post,
More souls than people on earth today have been killed with a crown sized wafer.
Why I am not Catholic.

It is amazing how lightly and slighting Catholics regard human lives and life, yet conveniently forgetful they, with hearts of ice and largest loudest mouths, shout Love! And what's worse, shout, Like Christ!

I am not talking of past millennia; I mean and refer to at present, to the whole world's Christianity of church, culture and state.

PS
…and social media.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Triple 7 speaks of millions murdered by Roman Catholicism.

I speak of the BILLIONS. Remember my post,
More souls than people on earth today have been killed with a crown sized wafer.
Why I am not Catholic.

It is amazing how lightly and slighting Catholics regard human lives and life, yet conveniently forgetful they, with hearts of ice and largest loudest mouths, shout Love! And what's worse, shout, Like Christ!

I am not talking of past millennia; I mean and refer to at present, to the whole world's Christianity of church, culture and state.
Ahhhhh - so, in other words, you cannot substantiate the killing of "billions" or even "millions" - so you point instead to the Eucharist. That's a nice cop-out - but it's only based on YOUR lack of faith in the words of Jesus:

John 6:53-56

Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat (trogon) the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you.
Whoever eats (trogon) my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him on the last day.
For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink.
Whoever eats (trogon) my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him.

Matt. 26:26, Luke 22:19

"This IS my body."

Matt. 26:28, Luke 22:20

"This IS by blood."

Like those who walked away from Him in John 6:66 - YOU don't believe him either . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.