A Fist Full of Doubt's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like any real relationship/friendship... It works both ways... as time passes. God is in the business of wooing people... of patiently waiting for souls to come to Him... God is real... and HE does participate in relationships. We have free will to SEEK God... HE does the proving of His existence to each individual separately.

Hi... Did you miss me ?? LOL

Yes this!!!! I. O.U……He is real. We wouldn’t be wasting time on Christianity if it wasn’t real. God proved to me without a shadow of a doubt who he is. He is no respecter of persons. He will do what he did for me to you if you would seek him. Life is short man. Have you ever thought that maybe you could be wrong? Have thought about the consequences? God loves you and is being incredibly patient with you.

Reactions: Ziggy and amadeus

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes this!!!! I. O.U……He is real. We wouldn’t be wasting time on Christianity if it wasn’t real. God proved to me without a shadow of a doubt who he is. He is no respecter of persons. He will do what he did for me to you if you would seek him. Life is short man. Have you ever thought that maybe you could be wrong? Have thought about the consequences? God loves you and is being incredibly patient with you.
Yes...

Reactions: Truman

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder how many people hated Paul before his eyes were opened. He had the spirit of antichrist. He killed Christians. How many family members of people Paul killed had to let that anger for Paul go? Man that would be hard.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I wonder how many people hated Paul before his eyes were opened. He had the spirit of antichrist. He killed Christians. How many family members of people Paul killed had to let that anger for Paul go? Man that would be hard.
Yep... and then.... to hear that he suddenly BECAME a Christian.... Yeah right!!!!!!! Not that guy.... It really is amazing when one takes the time to reflect on the characters of the bible in 3D.

Reactions: Mantis

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remove light fixture that got damaged by leak in roof.
Remove damaged plywood from ceiling and walls.
Move shelving unit loaded with ceramic niknacks, while not moving anything.
Remove wet insulation from garage.
Climb through mounds of crap to find the stairs that lead to the attic of the garage to find supposable leak in garage roof.
Seal garage roof. (I don't climb ladders)
Call dumpster guy and have him pick up and empty the crap his girlfriend filled it with. Only $30 extra fee.
Support roof in cottage.
Move refrigerator and freezer from cottage to Garage.

light fixtures.. check
plywood .. check
knicknacks.. check

no wet insulation in garage .. check
no leak in garage .. check

dumpster guy coming tomorrow .. check
support roof in cottage .. check

move fridge and freezer.. next week
remove insulation from shop.. tomorrow

Called water pump guy.. waiting for call back
gas company to check furnace in shop.. today/tomorrow

replace plywood on ceiling and walls.. next week
order materials..

still no water.
picked up 9 gallons at the market this morning.. check

I'm hungry, are there any donuts left??
:cool:

Hugs

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
light fixtures.. check
plywood .. check
knicknacks.. check

no wet insulation in garage .. check
no leak in garage .. check

dumpster guy coming tomorrow .. check
support roof in cottage .. check

move fridge and freezer.. next week
remove insulation from shop.. tomorrow

Called water pump guy.. waiting for call back
gas company to check furnace in shop.. today/tomorrow

replace plywood on ceiling and walls.. next week
order materials..

still no water.
picked up 9 gallons at the market this morning.. check

I'm hungry, are there any donuts left??
:cool:

Hugs
Ahhh...errr...a furry blue guy ate them all. Yeah, that's the ticket! Lol

Reactions: Ziggy

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Sin was already in the world but there was no law until God told Adam not to eat.
They (Adam) "coveted" the fruit.
Paul talks about this.
Romans chapter 7.
God told Adam not to eat... by not eating he would live.
But because the "law" said thou shalt not eat, it brought out covetousness that was already in them.
Like drawing out a thorn.
So the law that was to lead them to life, the commandment, led to death.

Everything you want to know about Genesis is in the New Testament.
Because history repeats itself.

In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

God IS Light.

And the was without form and void, and "DARKNESS" covered the face of the deep.
You can find this "void" in Jeremiah.
Jer 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.

And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
Waters:
Rev 17:15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Jhn 1:5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Gen 3:8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

Jhn 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Jhn 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Jhn 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Jer 4:23 I beheld the earth, and, lo, it was without form, and void; and the heavens, and they had no light.
Jer 4:24 I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.
Jer 4:25 I beheld, and, lo, there was no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.
Jer 4:26 I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place was a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, and by his fierce anger.
Jer 4:27 For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.
Jer 4:28 For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken it, I have purposed it, and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.
Jer 4:29 The whole city shall flee for the noise of the horsemen and bowmen; they shall go into thickets, and climb up upon the rocks: every city shall be forsaken, and not a man dwell therein.
Jer 4:30 And when thou art spoiled, what wilt thou do? Though thou clothest thyself with crimson, though thou deckest thee with ornaments of gold, though thou rentest thy face with painting, in vain shalt thou make thyself fair; thy lovers will despise thee, they will seek thy life.
Jer 4:31 For I have heard a voice as of a woman in travail, and the anguish as of her that bringeth forth her first child, the voice of the daughter of Zion, that bewaileth herself, that spreadeth her hands, saying, Woe is me now! for my soul is wearied because of murderers.

Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Adam was created from the dust of the earth. Placed in eden. Sinned and returned to the earth from which he came.
There is a difference bewteen man and beasts. And it's not about 4 legged animals. It's about character.
As in the days of Noah...
God never changes.
Man is hell bent on destruction from the beginning. Our purpose is to learn and grow and prosper and become one with our creator.
But we fail often. And in times, God comes and lifts us back up and we begin again.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Do you read the Bible?
Hugs
I read a few lines of your post, and that was enough. Does the Lord God in the book of Genesis even mention sin entering the world before Cain? Ziggy, you have a serious problem with adding to the Bible what is not there.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
'Now faith is the substance of things hoped for,
the evidence of things not seen.'

(Heb 11:1)

Hello @I.O.U,

* Believers of old believed God: and we believe God too, Whom we know cannot lie. We believe the testimony of God concerning His Son the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 1:1-4).

* Also the Foundation of our faith is Christ (1 Corinthians 3:10-12): He is the only foundation that is laid, upon which our house of faith is built. Which includes the all-sufficiency of His sacrificial death and resurrection on our behalf. So, should all that we have built upon that foundation fall down, that foundation will never fail. He is also the Rock upon which the foundation rests, which was announced by God through Peter, 'Thou art the Christ the Son of the Living God'. So Whom Christ is and What He has done is both the 'Rock' and the 'Foundation' of the faith upon which we stand.

* Faith is no souffle, which is full of air, and influenced by external things, and can collapse so easily. No!

* The Lord Jesus Christ and those who trust in Him, look ahead to the sure hope of what lies before them, and in so doing are able to endure whatever hardship comes their way, for they know that their hope is not for this life only, but for one yet to come (1 Corinthians 15:19).

'Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses,
let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us,
and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;
Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame,
and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.'

(Hebrews 12:1-2)

Paul said:-
'Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given,
that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;
And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery,
which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God,
Who created all things by Jesus Christ:
To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places
might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God,
According to the eternal purpose which He purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:
In whom we have boldness and access with confidence
by the faith of Him.'
(Ephesians 3:8-12)

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Amen.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God promises us that if we genuinely seek Him... that we will find HIM.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How much effort, or what type of effort.

Good question. I just started asking him questions, talking to him. Praying to him. I didn't know who God was. It took years but I just knew he was real. Then one night he revealed himself to me. I think you just have to establish a relationship with him. That is what he wants.

People always ask stuff like "what about the jungle people who have never heard of Jesus?". They don't have to hear about Jesus to find God. If they are seeking God they will find him. He revealed himself to me and I thought Christianity was the least likely of all religions to be true.

This is not a battle of wits. This is a battle of evil vs good. The evil lies and blinds. The good tells truth and opens eyes. Since I fully do not care what you or anyone thinks about me I am willing to show you my testimony. You can believe what I say or not. I don't care. But here is what happened to me: his-sheep-hear-his-voice-my-testimony.37905

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read a few lines of your post, and that was enough. Does the Lord God in the book of Genesis even mention sin entering the world before Cain? Ziggy, you have a serious problem with adding to the Bible what is not there.
I didn't add anything, you have to loop it around.
You should try reading the whole thing
it's the curteous thing to do
:)
If there was no sin, then why the forbidden fruit?
What does the tree represent?
What does the snake represent?

Or do you believe snakes can talk?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No plumbers are taking new customers at this time.
They tell me there is a lever on this metal box that adjusts the pressure for the water.
I can't find any levers.
No water again. I'm glad I picked up some gallons this morning.
Did I mention I thought it might be a Looong winter?
It's still fall.

:D
HUGS