A Fist Full of Doubt's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You know what it is, so you tell me.
Religion conforms the outer person to certain behaviors. I've needed, and received, inner transformation by the working of this God we've been talking about. By His Spirit, in conjunction with the proper application of His written word. This is what I'm talking about.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
This is the most logical thing you've said. There is a communication issue but if this post is true then you believe in God. Are you a liar?
I don't work at believing in what I theorise about. That leaves me free to continue updating my thinking and learning better designs.

Reactions: bbyrd009

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Religion conforms the outer person to certain behaviors. I've needed, and received, inner transformation by the working of this God we've been talking about. By His Spirit, in conjunction with the proper application of His written word. This is what I'm talking about.
I was interested as how the group worked.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I was interested as how the group worked.
The CAIR group? I honestly don't remember. What impacted me was the seminar, "The Divine Plumbline." You can read about it online, though it's not a self-help program. In my opinion, it is a God-given, supernatural program. Different ministries around the world teach it. It's not easy and it is the only course, that I know of, that I would recommend.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
What lol? ok then....
Our beliefs dictate to us what we think at the time is enough to go on, where most become stuck and refuse to keep going and face the fear of their lack of knowledge.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I HAVE WATER!!!!
YIPPEEEEEEE!!!

Have to have all of the electrical replaced or removed in the cottage though.
The thing is going to fall in and become a fire haphzard.
The main breaker was fried so no power to the pump so no water to the house.
I wonder who is going to move EVERYTHING out of the cottage though..:eek:
And put it all where? :rolleyes:

Still working on the shop. Waiting for plywood and insulation but I need to take up the wet carpet first, which means moving more stuff.

Anywho...
I have water. It's a good day :)
Thank You Lord!
HUGS

Reactions: Truman

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our beliefs dictate to us what we think at the time is enough to go on, where most become stuck and refuse to keep going and face the fear of their lack of knowledge.

Are you on an earthly pursuit to gain knowledge? If so it is all in that book that you keep saying is a lie. All the knowledge you could ever want is in that book. You could read it hundreds of times more and still not understand everything that is in it. All we could ever need to know on Earth is in the Bible.

Reactions: Ziggy

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I HAVE WATER!!!!
YIPPEEEEEEE!!!

Have to have all of the electrical replaced or removed in the cottage though.
The thing is going to fall in and become a fire haphzard.
The main breaker was fried so no power to the pump so no water to the house.
I wonder who is going to move EVERYTHING out of the cottage though..:eek:
And put it all where? :rolleyes:

Still working on the shop. Waiting for plywood and insulation but I need to take up the wet carpet first, which means moving more stuff.

Anywho...
I have water. It's a good day :)
Thank You Lord!
HUGS
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Good for you!

Reactions: Ziggy

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ziggy's got water?????? I missed that..... oh boy!!!!!!! Ziggy has WATER....... YES!!!!!!!

Reactions: Truman

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The modern convienence of a toilet is nice to have, one that actually flushes.

It's a good thing I had the electricians come out today and check the pump.
The back of the main breaker that runs all three, the cottage, the garage/shop, and the mobile home, was coroded. And you could smell that electrical burning smell when we walked into the cottage.
It could have been a really long and very cold winter.
It may still be.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Are you on an earthly pursuit to gain knowledge? If so it is all in that book that you keep saying is a lie. All the knowledge you could ever want is in that book. You could read it hundreds of times more and still not understand everything that is in it. All we could ever need to know on Earth is in the Bible.
You mean knowledge as in spiritual knowledge of God?

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean knowledge as in spiritual knowledge of God?

I don’t know what to tell ya. You’ve read it hundreds of times? I am not even sure how you could get through it once without the Holy Spirit. It would be like reading a phone book.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi @Mantis The Lord Jesus indeed said: "Thy word is truth" (John 17.17) (Easy reference to remember, also...)

Reactions: Mantis

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I don’t know what to tell ya. You’ve read it hundreds of times? I am not even sure how you could get through it once without the Holy Spirit. It would be like reading a phone book.
But don't non-believers have to read the Bible first to become believer's, and only then they can accept the spirit of God?

Yeah, think about that pickle of a question.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I can go back and forth with scripture with you if you want but frankly I’m growing tired of this conversation.