A Fist Full of Doubt's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I believe the creator is in the business of creating all the time.
And our business is to help the boss.
We are supposed to be tending a garden, but somebody dropped the rake.
How are you helping the boss?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Fear is nothing to fight against, it's necessary to understand what it's telling us in a situation where fear appears.
There's fear, and then there's a healthy respect. Fear is a spirit; it don't like me and I don't like it!
Water can kill me if I don't respect it. If I was afraid of water, I would die!

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
There's fear, and then there's a healthy respect. Fear is a spirit; it don't like me and I don't like it!
Water can kill me if I don't respect it. If I was afraid of water, I would die!
Your belief in this manner will not be reasoned with, because it wouldn't survive intact under thorough examination. It's subtly aware of that, and it will defend itself by using whichever sensory department in your brain it has influence over.

Understand that I have concluded human nature and belief nature to be two completely different nature's.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fear is nothing to fight against, it's necessary to understand what it's telling us in a situation where fear appears.[/QUOTE

Fear pretty much disappears when you surrender to the Lord. You realize anything that can happen to you on earth is temporary and it is not to be feared. And fear of the Lord? Have you read the old testament? That God is real, alive and listening to us. Do you really want to be on the bad side of him? He eliminates whole generations of people that reject him and his decrees. He tosses humanity like dross. He drowned every human but eight people. He is your maker and you are kicking against the goads. His ways are the only way. You can go your way but it will not end up well for you. Did you say you are homeless? Is it a result of methamphetamine? That is not his ways. I keep getting sucked back into this thread for some reason.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your belief in this manner will not be reasoned with, because it wouldn't survive intact under thorough examination. It's subtly aware of that, and it will defend itself by using whichever sensory department in your brain it has influence over.

Understand that I have concluded human nature and belief nature to be two completely different nature's.

It's not my belief, it's my ever-present reality. You gotta understand that many have a belief that may or may not be shaken. Mine's not like that.
It's like this: I have a physical body. No one can convince me that I don't. Because I know better.
I also know that I have a spirit. No one can convince me that I don't. The Holy Spirit dwells in my spirit. Just as my physical senses tell me that I have physical body, my spiritual senses tell me that I have a spiritual body and the same spiritual senses tell me that the Holy Spirit co-exists in my spirit.
Even if my head gets confused, my heart never does...it is perfectly clear to me.
I never looked for God but one day long ago someone read a bible verse to me and a spiritual sword stabbed into my spirit man's belly. It brought with it the knowledge that the verse was true. I saw it happen, I guess, in the spirit realm.
A few years later I was taught wrongly that a saved person didn't sin anymore. After trying not to sin anymore and failing, I concluded that I must not be saved. I was miserable because I believed in my head that I wasn't good enough for God.
I reasoned that if I was going to hell, I may as well stop believing and enjoy this life while I could. The problem was that I couldn't stop believing in my heart. As it turns out, one is saved when they believe in their heart.
So since then I've died at least a few times, once in a hospital and as they were filling out my time of death, my heart started beating again. And the other time an angel brought me back to life; I guess because God didn't want me dead for some reason.
I may not know too much, but I know God is real and lives inside me.
I know He loves and accepts me because He showed me, in the spirit realm. Which is more real than this physical realm because it is eternal and this realm isn't.
One needs to have their spirit reborn to accept what I'm saying. It's something that God does and isn't easily understood. I don't understand God too well, but I know He's real. There's a reality beyond our reality.
But my story seems to be the exception. I don't know why...it just is.

Reactions: Mantis

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I’ll bite. What goes nowhere?
"If" Goes nowhere.

I will even say "If" is worse than I promise, because "if" is a non-sequitur....and now I have no idea what that all means. My own insight has launched itself far beyond my own capacity to understand how to write about what I'm writing about.

Reactions: Mantis

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"If" Goes nowhere.

I will even say "If" is worse than I promise, because "if" is a non-sequitur....and now I have no idea what that all means. My own insight has launched itself far beyond my own capacity to understand how to write about what I'm writing about.
"Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” - John 3:3

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"If" Goes nowhere.

....huh?

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Fear pretty much disappears when you surrender to the Lord. You realize anything that can happen to you on earth is temporary and it is not to be feared. And fear of the Lord? Have you read the old testament? That God is real, alive and listening to us. Do you really want to be on the bad side of him? He eliminates whole generations of people that reject him and his decrees. He tosses humanity like dross. He drowned every human but eight people. He is your maker and you are kicking against the goads. His ways are the only way. You can go your way but it will not end up well for you. Did you say you are homeless? Is it a result of methamphetamine? That is not his ways. I keep getting sucked back into this thread for some reason.
Fear is not a disease, okay. Do you really think we have unpleasant emotions like fear or guilt because they are some kind of emotional abnormality (Of course relish guilt) Unpleasant emotional experiences occur for a reason, we need them as much as all the pleasant emotions. If we keep looking for methods to teach ourselves and our young how to cancel out their negative emotions, we humans have no future.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"If" Goes nowhere.

Ah, I think I understand. You were saying…people say all kinds of things but never come through at crunch time? I agree. A lot of people do that.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fear is not a disease, okay. Do you really think we have unpleasant emotions like fear or guilt because they are some kind of emotional abnormality (Of course relish guilt) Unpleasant emotional experiences occur for a reason, we need them as much as all the pleasant emotions. If we keep looking for methods to teach ourselves and our young how to cancel out their negative emotions, we humans have no future.

No I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying. Guilt is not fear, guilt is your consciousness. So some fear is normal and healthy. But extreme anxiety over future circumstances that are out of your control is very, very unhealthy. I used to have extreme anxiety to the point of panic attacks and not being able to get a full breath. I had extremely high blood pressure in my twenties all due to stress. God removed anxiety from me and replaced it with peace. I wouldn't wish an anxiety disorder on my worst enemy. God can remove unhealthy fear.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I do agree that someone who surrendered to their God could cancel out fear completely. But that's only due to the particular effect of the belief that they surrender to.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
It's not my belief, it's my ever-present reality. You gotta understand that many have a belief that may or may not be shaken. Mine's not like that.
It's like this: I have a physical body. No one can convince me that I don't. Because I know better.
I also know that I have a spirit. No one can convince me that I don't. The Holy Spirit dwells in my spirit. Just as my physical senses tell me that I have physical body, my spiritual senses tell me that I have a spiritual body and the same spiritual senses tell me that the Holy Spirit co-exists in my spirit.
Even if my head gets confused, my heart never does...it is perfectly clear to me.
I never looked for God but one day long ago someone read a bible verse to me and a spiritual sword stabbed into my spirit man's belly. It brought with it the knowledge that the verse was true. I saw it happen, I guess, in the spirit realm.
A few years later I was taught wrongly that a saved person didn't sin anymore. After trying not to sin anymore and failing, I concluded that I must not be saved. I was miserable because I believed in my head that I wasn't good enough for God.
I reasoned that if I was going to hell, I may as well stop believing and enjoy this life while I could. The problem was that I couldn't stop believing in my heart. As it turns out, one is saved when they believe in their heart.
So since then I've died at least a few times, once in a hospital and as they were filling out my time of death, my heart started beating again. And the other time an angel brought me back to life; I guess because God didn't want me dead for some reason.
I may not know too much, but I know God is real and lives inside me.
I know He loves and accepts me because He showed me, in the spirit realm. Which is more real than this physical realm because it is eternal and this realm isn't.
One needs to have their spirit reborn to accept what I'm saying. It's something that God does and isn't easily understood. I don't understand God too well, but I know He's real. There's a reality beyond our reality.
But my story seems to be the exception. I don't know why...it just is.
Skipping it.