A Fist Full of Doubt's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Earlier in my life, I was abducted by evil beings. Later on in life, I was terrorized by evil spirits. I hear from the unsaved that had near-death experiences about how when they died, evil beings came and terrified them as they were dragged away. Perhaps God pulled them back to warn others.
Yeah, this is what happens when you reject the Lord. I've seen both sides...rejecting the Lord is the most foolish thing a person can do. You've been told.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Earlier in my life, I was abducted by evil beings. Later on in life, I was terrorized by evil spirits. I hear from the unsaved that had near-death experiences about how when they died, evil beings came and terrified them as they were dragged away. Perhaps God pulled them back to warn others.
Yeah, this is what happens when you reject the Lord. I've seen both sides...rejecting the Lord is the most foolish thing a person can do. You've been told.
I don't reject a real creator, I would reject what you're telling me to believe. Especially if that individual needs to threaten me on some level to believe them.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Speaking from the prospective of living with an atheist son for years, nothing I relayed to him really did anything, yet three months ago he came to faith and suddenly everything I said started to make sense and he saw things in a different way……..telling someone what they should believe is not something I believe works, something has to happen within that person………..I.O.U , have to say it….my son encountered God ……
Rita

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do agree that someone who surrendered to their God could cancel out fear completely. But that's only due to the particular effect of the belief that they surrender to.
Well if God calls your name you will believe too. Good luck.

Pythagorean12

Oct 8, 2021
Laurel
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doubt is something that is a natural enemy to the believer, especially within a group of believer's. Because a little doubt can deflate the whole souffle of your faith. There were times in my Christian belief I was unsure about the history of the biblical accounts, and the only answer offered to quell those doubts went like this

"Why would the apostles die for a lie"

That answer really made me think about how seriously these followers of Jesus must of been. That seemed to combat those doubt's on some level, but it also blindsided me probing any further. Now I have distance from ye old faith, I see now that answer to the historical reliability of Jesus was really never enough.

If I died for my faith in Jesus, it doesn't benifit anyone else in the end but me. Sure I could die for someone on the earth for the sake of love, but ultimately it means nothing. My death would mostly advance Christianity in some way, promote Jesus. But how does dying for the sake of my belief help the course of history for creating vaccine's or cleaner fuels?

Yeah, that's where I'm at now.
There's no sin in having doubt or asking questions.

I have a friend who I play chess with religiously every Friday. He's Agnostic. He says he's not willing to say there is no God, but he is willing to have God show up and prove himself. Then he'll get me in check mate and claim he's a little closer to getting that message. lol

The way he put it was, as far as not being a Christian in particular, is like this and because he's read the bible. Which is unusual for an atheist much less an agnostic.
If you look at all those parts that tell the reader God knows everything and predetermined all things because he's God, then the garden of Eden was a set up.

And it couldn't be paradise when gaining knowledge was forbidden those an all knowing God created. But when they did gain the same knowledge God had, he cursed them and all humanity for generations.
Eons later he decided to show forgiveness. Talk about a grudge. Then, he comes to earth to die and change the rules about life and damnation that he as God created himself.
And if you believe in the God that made you a sinner because his law made sin possible, and that means God created the law and sin, and the devil, and is now offering to forgive you for what he didn't forgive in the beginning, when he set it all up to happen, you'll live forever in his presence.Because he put your name in his book of eternal life before he created the world where people would later need to be saved from him.

What fun, huh?

That's the day he got me in check. :confused:

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
There's no sin in having doubt or asking questions.

I have a friend who I play chess with religiously every Friday. He's Agnostic. He says he's not willing to say there is no God, but he is willing to have God show up and prove himself. Then he'll get me in check mate and claim he's a little closer to getting that message. lol

The way he put it was, as far as not being a Christian in particular, is like this and because he's read the bible. Which is unusual for an atheist much less an agnostic.
If you look at all those parts that tell the reader God knows everything and predetermined all things because he's God, then the garden of Eden was a set up.

And it couldn't be paradise when gaining knowledge was forbidden those an all knowing God created. But when they did gain the same knowledge God had, he cursed them and all humanity for generations.
Eons later he decided to show forgiveness. Talk about a grudge. Then, he comes to earth to die and change the rules about life and damnation that he as God created himself.
And if you believe in the God that made you a sinner because his law made sin possible, and that means God created the law and sin, and the devil, and is now offering to forgive you for what he didn't forgive in the beginning, when he set it all up to happen, you'll live forever in his presence.Because he put your name in his book of eternal life before he created the world where people would later need to be saved from him.

What fun, huh?

That's the day he got me in check. :confused:
I can tell you that suspending the urge to believe has not only corrected my schizophrenic disorder, it has also allowed my brain to continue absorbing knowledge as it naturally should. That has been extremely helpful for survival while I have been living outside on the streets. I just can't believe my fears away, I have to continue learning and expanding my thinking in a changing universe.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Speaking from the prospective of living with an atheist son for years, nothing I relayed to him really did anything, yet three months ago he came to faith and suddenly everything I said started to make sense and he saw things in a different way……..telling someone what they should believe is not something I believe works, something has to happen within that person………..I.O.U , have to say it….my son encountered God ……
Rita
I am not an Atheist as a worldview. But I am an Atheist in the true meaning of the word.

As for my world view I am firstly a naturalist, and in my universal view I just accept I haven't got a clue.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am not an Atheist as a worldview. But I am an Atheist in the true meaning of the word.

As for my world view I am firstly a naturalist, and in my universal view I just accept I haven't got a clue.
I didn’t really say what my sons views were, just that he was an atheist…….but I think he leaned on the scientific for his universal view, he was very much into the natural evolution ( is that the same as a naturalist ? ) He did like Jesus though, but just saw him as a man who a good example. …..

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
I didn’t really say what my sons views were, just that he was an atheist…….but I think he leaned on the scientific for his universal view, he was very much into the natural evolution ( is that the same as a naturalist ? ) He did like Jesus though, but just saw him as a man who a good example. …..
Watch:

Reactions: Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Rita
@Rita I'm sure your consistent testimony before Him over the years counted for something, even though previously he might not have admitted it....

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah? How does it work.
It takes about 95% luck and about 5% skill lol. I guess You could also consider it chance instead of luck but it sure seems like luck comes into play to get an elk. The average success rate on elk hunting here is an average hunter gets an elk every ten years. I seem to be much more “lucky” when I pray though.

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
It takes about 95% luck and about 5% skill lol. I guess You could also consider it chance instead of luck but it sure seems like luck comes into play to get an elk. The average success rate on elk hunting here is an average hunter gets an elk every ten years. I seem to be much more “lucky” when I pray though.
So Jesus is kinda a bookie of sorts.