A Fist Full of Doubt's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would if those who are insistent for the right for the freedom to believe without persecution would stop pestering me with their beliefs. Do I really have the right to exercise my beliefs as you do? I don't think so. Because my personal beliefs would infringe on the beliefs of the majority who have already established the ethical social norms, that I have to believe in myself.
You have the right to come here. A Forum for Christians and peoples of like faith. And share your views with us.
No one forced you to come here. You came of your own free will.
You say that your rights are being infringed upon, then you should find a forum where you don't feel so persecuted.
Just saying..
I don't know what it's like to live in Australia, but here in the States we have to fight for our rights to assemble in public.
This last year we have had churches closed and small groups physically attacked by those who oppose christianity.
I feel your pain...
Do you really have the right to exercise your beliefs as I do?
Sometimes you have to fight for your right to believe. I don't mean physically, I mean unwavering, steadfast.
No one can force you to believe or not believe anything.
If they can, then it's a weak mind that allows others to control how they think.
Think for yourself...

Your Atheism has no power over my Faith.
My Faith should have no power over your Atheism.

You know the Bible.. you know the part where Jesus was passing by a town and the people weren't interested in hearing him.
The disciples got upset and felt rebuffed, insulted, and asked Jesus if they should be punished then and there.
What did Jesus say?

What should we be doing, seeing we are to follow his example?

Live and let live...

We can tell them about the Gospel, about the hope of a better life, a better way. But if they don't want to hear it, we are supposed to walk away.
We done what we were sent to do.

So all I can say is, if being here makes you feel uncomfortable, which in all truthfulness I hope it doesn't,
please feel free to come and go anytime you like.
But when you come here, rather than have contempt for the food we place on the table to share,
pull up a chair, take a load off your feet and feel refreshed and welcomed.

Because you are welcome here. Just leave your burdens at the door.
:)
Hugs

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You have the right to come here. A Forum for Christians and peoples of like faith. And share your views with us.
You say that your rights are being infringed upon, then you should find a forum where you don't feel so persecuted.
Just saying..
I don't know what it's like to live in Australia, but here in the States we have to fight for our rights to assemble in public.
This last year we have had churches closed and small groups physically attacked by those who oppose christianity.
I feel your pain...
Sometimes you have to fight for your right to believe. I don't mean physically, I mean unwavering, steadfast.
If they can, then it's a weak mind that allows others to control how they think.
Think for yourself...

You know the Bible.. you know the part where Jesus was passing by a town and the people weren't interested in hearing him.
The disciples got upset and felt rebuffed, insulted, and asked Jesus if they should be punished then and there.
What did Jesus say?

Live and let live...

We can tell them about the Gospel, about the hope of a better life, a better way. But if they don't want to hear it, we are supposed to walk away.

So all I can say is, if being here makes you feel uncomfortable, which in all truthfulness I hope it doesn't,
But when you come here, rather than have contempt for the food we place on the table to share,

Hugs
@Ziggy In the end, discussions are a two-way thing; and if one direction doesn't ultimately want the two ways, then presumably the person will depart...

Reactions: Ziggy

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are all wrong.

Thanks for your honesty. I can respect that. Jesus came and died for our sins, that’s the truth. No one here will convince you of that and you won’t convince us that we are wrong so this conversation is done as far as I’m concerned. I’m shaking the dust off of my sandals and moving on. Have a good one

Reactions: Ziggy and Truman

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think believe what is needed here is to use the ignore button.
I can't find mine.. lol
I rather discuss and have an exchange of thoughts.
Even the Lord says, Come and let us reason together...

Everyone goes through different experiences in this life.
I only ever walked in my shoes. I don't know what it is to walk in someone else's shoes.
They have doubts, they have questions.. we should be ready to give a good answer.
When it gets down to name calling and mud slinging, that's when I wash my hands of a conversation.
So far, since I joined the conversation, it has been descent, (compared to some lol )
You don't win a war of ideologies by throwing in the towel..
You stand. And having done all, Stand.
This Rock I stand on is more solid than the sand the world throws in the face.
Amen?
HUGS

Reactions: Truman and amadeus

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I can't find mine.. lol

I only ever walked in my shoes. I don't know what it is to walk in someone else's shoes.
They have doubts, they have questions.. we should be ready to give a good answer.
When it gets down to name calling and mud slinging, that's when I wash my hands of a conversation.
So far, since I joined the conversation, it has been descent, (compared to some lol )
Amen?
HUGS
@Ziggy
I love the hymn that says:

"On Christ the solid rock I stand,
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand."

Reactions: amadeus and Ziggy

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I can't find mine.. lol

Amen?
HUGS
Tell me how you feel about it in a week. I hope you get somewhere.
It's just that I know that the enemy constantly sends people here to mess with us.
This guy sounds like he is trying to build some kind of civil action against us.
If he does, we'll be in trouble. If he's ignored, he'll go away and they'll try something else.

Reactions: Ziggy

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's just that I know that the enemy constantly sends people here to mess with us.
This guy sounds like he is trying to build some kind of civil action against us.
If he does, we'll be in trouble. If he's ignored, he'll go away and they'll try something else.
I'll let you know.
:D
Hugs

Reactions: Truman

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The ignore button is there to use, if need be...

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Civil action for what? What is he the thought police? I don't think we will be in trouble. You would have to do something to get into trouble for no?

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Civil action for what? What is he the thought police? I don't think we will be in trouble. You would have to do something to get into trouble for no?
I'm not saying he is, just that it's possible. People should be aware of that. Also, when we waste our time and energy on someone who is obviously just playing with us, we are not doing something else. Just sayin'...

Reactions: Mantis

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who cares what they do. I don't care about much anymore. Satan will get his head crushed.
I like to remind him of his end. He doesn't like to be reminded of that. Tough!
Yeshua reigns in majesty, He'll come in glory for all to see! Hallelujah!

Reactions: Mantis

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not saying he is, just that it's possible. People should be aware of that. Also, when we waste our time and energy on someone who is obviously just playing with us, we are not doing something else. Just sayin'...

Yes one of the reasons I came to this website is because there were not atheists doing this stuff. Or at least none that I noticed. Heck I could go to christianforums.com if I wanted to deal with their hateful posts. I like interacting with christians and people who are generally interested in it. You are right, we shouldn't waste our time and energy. Like I said earlier they feed on it.

Reactions: Truman

I.O.U

Aug 8, 2021
Brisbane
Faith
Agnostic
Country
Australia
Just saying..
I feel your pain...
Think for yourself...

What did Jesus say?

Live and let live...

Hugs
Maybe I should have been a little more specific in regard to rights for faith. I was actually detailing the problems I am faced with daily in Australia.