A hard life...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We need these kind of posts sometimes to release the tension that can get us down. :D

Reactions: Willie T

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Past, Present, and Future walked into a bar. It was a tense situation.

A bike in town keeps running over me. It's a vicious cycle.

Willie, I just want to add a twist to your three tense characters….like the play on words....:cool:

A short poetic twist with the 'present' in mind

---------------------------------
In time there is Past, Present and Future.

They always work intensely together.

In no time, however, the only one Present is Present.

The others are not Present.

There is only one Present.

Its Presence is in us, whether Present is in or out of time,

Present is I AM, who I was, is and what I will be.

Thank you God for being Present!

------------------
Maybe a little quirky….still that's just me getting carried away a bit, at times...

Bless you,

APAK

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Willie, I just want to add a twist to your three tense characters….like the play on words....:cool:

A short poetic twist with the 'present' in mind

---------------------------------
In time there is Past, Present and Future.

They always work intensely together.

In no time, however, the only one Present is Present.

The others are not Present.

There is only one Present.

Its Presence is in us, whether Present is in or out of time,

Present is I AM, who I was, is and what I will be.

Thank you God for being Present!

------------------
Maybe a little quirky….still that's just me getting carried away a bit, at times...

Bless you,

APAK
Maybe there is a reason we are told to "Live in the present." Maybe the other two don't even exist.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Past, Present, and Future walked into a bar. It was a tense situation.

A bike in town keeps running over me. It's a vicious cycle.

Wish I understood that ? Duh........ golly gee :oops::eek:
He is playing with the different meanings of words.

In grammar the future, present and past are tenses explaining time.

But saying the situation was tense means it was a strained or taut situation because of the possible bad results.

A bike is a cycle. So if a bike runs over you it is bad. If a bike runs over you again and again, it is a vicious cycle meaning it is a mean or evil bike.

Hopefully that will help you understand. Getting the sense of the whole thing is not easy if you do not understand every part of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Helen

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe there is a reason we are told to "Live in the present." Maybe the other two don't even exist.
A question or few to think about, as this is how I think of it, based upon what is written:

Did Lucifer fall in the past?
Did Adam and Eve sin in the past?
Is there a judgment, that every person on earth ought to be concerned with?
Is Christ Jesus coming again, in the future, soon?
Are Christians to have the 'blessed hope' for Him who is to come again?

If we say the past does not exist, we deny that which was past, our sin, and thus have no need of the Saviour presently.
If we say the future does not exist, we deny the second coming of Christ, and have no need for hoping in it.

I also think on how that would affect my thinking about who God is, since it is said, that He is from everlasting to everlasting. God is behind me, and before me, and with me, leading me (having found me) in the way I ought to go, from where I once was (lost).

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A question or few to think about, as this is how I think of it, based upon what is written:

Did Lucifer fall in the past?
Did Adam and Eve sin in the past?
Is there a judgment, that every person on earth ought to be concerned with?
Is Christ Jesus coming again, in the future, soon?
Are Christians to have the 'blessed hope' for Him who is to come again?

If we say the past does not exist, we deny that which was past, our sin, and thus have no need of the Saviour presently.
If we say the future does not exist, we deny the second coming of Christ, and have no need for hoping in it.

I also think on how that would affect my thinking about who God is, since it is said, that He is from everlasting to everlasting. God is behind me, and before me, and with me, leading me (having found me) in the way I ought to go, from where I once was (lost).
Well, yes, if you limit your thinking, I guess you will probably put constraints on who and what we are.

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, yes, if you limit your thinking
I am indeed a very limited being, and so also spiritually, my thinking must also be 'limited'. The boundary is set by God, of which I cannot pass, lest it be sin.

I guess you will probably put constraints on who and what we are.
We are called to freedom in Christ Jesus, but let us not use that liberty to sin. I think of my past, and I find God there, longsuffering, merciful and just. I think of my future, and I find God there, fulfilling His promises, and I think of God now, comforting, while I walk this pilgrim way.

Reactions: Nancy and Truth

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am indeed a very limited being, and so also spiritually, my thinking must also be 'limited'. The boundary is set by God, of which I cannot pass, lest it be sin.

We are called to freedom in Christ Jesus, but let us not use that liberty to sin. I think of my past, and I find God there, longsuffering, merciful and just. I think of my future, and I find God there, fulfilling His promises, and I think of God now, comforting, while I walk this pilgrim way.

With God time is limitless, With Humankind time is Limited!
Past, Present, and Future are just Physical aspect's of Time. Consider this! when in the Kingdom, you will be at a place, and you will desire to be at another place, Present - Absent - Present without time being involved.
At this point in time, and for the past 6000 tears man has been stuck being run down by a Vicious cycle, we are Limited God is Limitless!

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Consider this! when in the Kingdom, you will be at a place, and you will desire to be at another place, Present - Absent - Present without time being involved.
Are you suggesting instantaneous 'mind-travel' (ie teleportation)? I do not find that in scripture, not even in Heaven (third) or in the New Heavens and New Earth to come after the 1000 years, nor even in the second coming of Jesus at the beginning of the 1000 years, which takes time for Jesus and the angels to travel from the third Heaven back to Earth, even as Jesus ascended from earth to that place. Time will continue there (New Heavens & Earth), as it does in Heaven itself; see Job. 1:6, 2:1; Isa. 66:22-23; Eze. 47:12; Rev. 20:1-7, 22:2, and space continues to exist there also, even as here, for Angels, like Gabriel and others, travel in space/time, see Isa. 6:6; Dan. 9:23, 10:11. Only God is omniscient, and omnipresent through such, Psa. 139:1-24.

The only 'mind travel' I see in scripture is that of vision/dream.

Last edited by a moderator:

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you suggesting instantaneous 'mind-travel' (ie teleportation)? I do not find that in scripture, not even in Heaven (third) or in the New Heavens and New Earth to come after the 1000 years, nor even in the second coming of Jesus at the beginning of the 1000 years, which takes time for Jesus and the angels to travel from the third Heaven back to Earth, even as Jesus ascended from earth to that place. Time will continue there (New Heavens & Earth), as it does in Heaven itself; see Job. 1:6, 2:1; Isa. 66:22-23; Eze. 47:12; Rev. 20:1-7, 22:2, and space continues to exist there also, even as here, for Angels, like Gabriel and others, travel in space/time, see Isa. 6:6; Dan. 9:23, 10:11. Only God is omniscient, and omnipresent through such, Psa. 139:1-24.

The only 'mind travel' I see in scripture is that of vision/dream.

In the Kingdom, we will no longer be mortal, hopefully like Yeshua [Jesus] in Scripture, NT, Our Savior Appears in the Midst of the Apostles, RIGHT! did He come through the door, or window, No He Just Appeared! He had been with Two Apostles walking to Emmaus!
What about the Saints that arose, after He arose, and were seen in the city, they were no longer mortal!
All I can say is that time as we perceive it in our mortal state, will no longer have any effect on life, being in Immortal form!

Reactions: Willie T and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Kingdom, we will no longer be mortal, hopefully like Yeshua [Jesus] in Scripture, NT, Our Savior Appears in the Midst of the Apostles, RIGHT! did He come through the door, or window, No He Just Appeared! He had been with Two Apostles walking to Emmaus!
What about the Saints that arose, after He arose, and were seen in the city, they were no longer mortal!
All I can say is that time as we perceive it in our mortal state, will no longer have any effect on life, being in Immortal form!

Thinking about living in eternity as opposed to "time", is so beyond my imagination! Mind blowing, really. ♥

TheHolyBookEnds

Jun 12, 2018
Neighbour
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Being "invisible" is not the same as being "aethereal". The two terms are not synonymous.

Jesus walked with them the whole time, invisibly, being with them, then made himself known, then at the supper disappears again, being invisible (can't be seen). He did not phase through a door, wall, etc. He (Jesus) went back with them (two from Emmaus from there back to Jerusalem, when they were let in), then revealed himself in their midst.

The same with the resurrection. Gabriel came down and rolled away the stone, so Jesus could walk out. Same with the other resurrections that day, their stones were previously removed on the 6th day at the earthquake, so on the first day, when resurrected, they could get up and walk out. No one phased through walls, teleported, or other. They have real bodies as did Moses and Elijah on the mount of Transfig.

I am not questioning 'mortal' or 'immortal'. Jesus has a glorified "body", with "flesh and bones" (Luk. 24:39). He ascended back to the third Heaven, and did not phase into the universe as a mist and evaporate as perfume.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nancy

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being "invisible" is not the same as being "aethereal". The two terms are not synonymous.

Jesus walked with them the whole time, invisibly, being with them, then made himself known, then at the supper disappears again, being invisible (can't be seen). He did not phase through a door, wall, etc. He (Jesus) went back with them (two from Emmaus from there back to Jerusalem, when they were let in), then revealed himself in their midst.

The same with the resurrection. Gabriel came down and rolled away the stone, so Jesus could walk out. Same with the other resurrections that day, their stones were previously removed on the 6th day at the earthquake, so on the first day, when resurrected, they could get up and walk out. No on phased through walls, teleported, or other. They have real bodies as did Moses and Elijah on the mount of Transfig.

I am not questioning 'mortal' or 'immortal'. Jesus has a glorified "body", with "flesh and bones" (Luk. 24:39). He ascended back to the third Heaven, and did not phase into the universe as a mist and evaporate as perfume.

OK, Your Right!

Reactions: Nancy