a list of people who don't make it to Heaven

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
ScaliaFan said:
I am not Hans Urs von B
[SIZE=medium]Quite obviously not. Not only is your content and style totally different to his: He died in 1988. And even if he was still around, I’d be very surprised if somebody who according to Wikipedia “is [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]considered one of the most important Roman Catholic theologians of the 20th century” found the time to post in this forum. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Now I believe with Luther that each man has to do two things on his own: his own believing and his own dying. So I can’t know what went on in von Balthasar’s innermost self at the moment of his death. But I hope for him that it was a prayer like that of Cardinal Bona (1609-1674), whom he quotes on the very same page. It's beautiful: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium][/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Oh Lord in thee have I trusted: let me never be put to shame. And if an angel from Heaven were to assure me that I will be cast out from thy sight, I would not believe him. Even if thou thyself, O God Most High, were to say that thou has damned me for all eternity, I would not listen to thy words. Pardon me O Lord, but I would not believe Thee. For even if Thou slayest me and bringest me down to hell, I will still hope in thee forever. “[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](Via compendii ad Deum, c. 12, decas 9)[/SIZE]

junobet

May 20, 2016
Germany
FHII said:
I actually wonder if Catholics will make it into heaven.

Tick.

Tock.
Let’s hope and pray that everybody makes it to Heaven: Catholics, Lutherans, Calvinists, Baptists, Methodists … Mormons, Jehovah’s Witnesses … and Jews, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, atheists and other folks who either never had a chance to hear the Gospel or could not accept it in this life.
All of us are God’s blessed creation that He found to be good (Genesis 1) and undoubtedly His love for each of us is endless.

ScaliaFan

Apr 2, 2016
junobet said:
[SIZE=medium]found the time to post in this forum. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]. It's beautiful: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium][/SIZE][SIZE=medium]Oh Lord in thee have I trusted: let me never be put to shame. And if an angel from Heaven were to assure me that I will be cast out from thy sight, I would not believe him. Even if thou thyself, O God Most High, were to say that thou has damned me for all eternity, I would not listen to thy words. Pardon me O Lord, but I would not believe Thee. For even if Thou slayest me and bringest me down to hell, I will still hope in thee forever. “[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](Via compendii ad Deum, c. 12, decas 9)[/SIZE]
that's the dumbest thing I've heard in a LONG time...

geez