A lot of our mental health struggles, are just down to nutrition - Chromium for addiction, Niacin for recovery

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So speaking from personal experience here, my personal struggle with mental health has had a lot to do with a Chromium deficiency. Chromium deficiency gives you an addiction to sugar, which in turn can make you diabetic. This addiction to sugar, can be hijacked by a mental health condition (like schizophrenia, in my case), which uses the "state of addiction" to pevert the normal working of the mind. It's like the mind justifies a mental health condition, because there is a state of addiction, with which it cannot otherwise deal. Just like using little food while you are lost in the wilderness, gives you a better chance of outlasting the wilderness. You may even have addressed your chromium levels briefly, but still not develop mental strength, because you stop taking Chromium once it appears your levels are "right".

The point I am trying to make, is that if you took the right amount of Chromium (not to mention other vitamins and minerals, in which you are deficient) over a long period of time, you might discover that your mental health is a lot more easy to manage. We are "born" with deficiencies in our diet, it makes sense not only to investigate that, but to build up a reserve of mental health, by continuing to take crucial vitamins and minerals - like Chromium - even once our levels have been restored (if not for all vitamins and minerals, then for Chromium specifically). This will make sense to you over time, as you move from "not needing" sugar to capably "resisting the need" for sugar altogether. Sweet foods in general, will be less appealing, your appetite for junk food, will all but vanish, and your resistance to appetite in general, will grow.

Don't go out and buy heaps of Chromium or other supplements. Take the daily amount of Chromium, starting now; and if possible, book in to a dietician to get a full vitamins and minerals study done on you, at this stage in your life. If you are struggling with mental health, these two things could be a game changer. Remember that with Chromium, it is something you have got to keep up. Other solutions like heaps of niacin (as has been recognized for curing schizophrenia) are more effective if they "get you over the line" in terms of your mental health balance - they literally only work if they can snap you out of the mental state your mental health gets you in. And remember you wouldn't be in the state you are, if there was not some efficacy to the mental health condition affecting you - mental health conditions can stop you from overdoing the wrong thing (in the case of schizophrenia, at least) or doing too little of what is needed (like depression? - I'm not speaking from experience on this point). The flipside of "God can work all things out for good" is "God can make you work (mentally) until good is good enough".

Anyway, I guess if I am saying anything, it is that this is something I have done and this is something that has helped me.

My God be with you on your mental health journey.

God bless.