A Most Neglected Letter

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why is this of more value than...

Rev. 3:17 "And you do not realize that you are wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked."

Why is it so important to choose what sounds better to you? Didn't Jesus also say of us that we are blind and naked? Why do you choose to ignore the words of Jesus? To what end?

A delusional person will only believe what he deems as fitting in with his delusion...while ignoring reality.

Religiously indoctrinated people follow that same principle. A lack of reality stemming from a lack of humility and fear of the Lord.

We indeed have access to all things in Jesus Christ. But it is disingenuous to claim to have His benefits for yourself while looking down on others thinking you could not possibly be wrong about your own assumptions.

It is wise to hear the whole counsel of God. Those who cherry pick what they want to hear are NOT walking in the truth.

So you also consider that you are poor, naked, and blind...

Or as the disciples said...Lord, is it I.
Hello again, @Episkopos,

For me to apply the message written to the Church at Loadicea to myself, as a member of the Church which is His Body, the fullness of Him that filleth all in all, would be a wrong application, and could only bring confusion.

That is all I have time to respond to.
Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello again, @Episkopos,

For me to apply the message written to the Church at Loadicea to myself, as a member of the Church which is His Body, the fullness of Him that filleth all in all, would be a wrong application, and could only bring confusion.

That is all I have time to respond to.
Thank you.
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Actually it might bring humility...something that is VERY valuable to God....and very wise for us to take hold of.

Have you been taught that humility is something to be avoided?

Jesus didn't come to sow confusion with His letter to the Laodiceans...but to save them (and us) from the confusion.... that what they were claiming for themselves was false.

I find it disturbing that so few people take the warnings of Jesus seriously.

They are for all of us. The danger is in continuing down the same path AFTER the warning.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I am required to believe it

Do you realize that this is from an understanding that salvation is by doctrinal beliefs...which isn't biblical at all?

God is not looking for adherence to a certain set of beliefs. That's religion.

God is NOT religious. Neither should we be. It's actually a snare and trap we can fall into....

God is on another level...not demanding we get His name right or adopt a certain creed. Jesus didn't come to formulate a better creed.

Seek His life.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @Episkopos,

Actually it might bring humility...something that is VERY valuable to God....and very wise for us to take hold of.
Have you been taught that humility is something to be avoided?

Do you realize that this is from an understanding that salvation is by doctrinal beliefs...which isn't biblical at all?

God is not looking for adherence to a certain set of beliefs. That's religion.
God is NOT religious. Neither should we be. It's actually a snare and trap we can fall into....
God is on another level...not demanding we get His name right or adopt a certain creed. Jesus didn't come to formulate a better creed.

Seek His life.
===============================

'My soul shall make her boast in the LORD:
the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.'

(Psalm 34:2)

Hello @Episkopos,

If my rejoicing in the finished work of Christ is objectionable to you, then that is really your problem and not mine.
'
'For by grace are ye saved through faith;
and that not of yourselves:
it is the gift of God:
Not of works,
lest any man should boast.
For we are His workmanship,
created in Christ Jesus unto good works,
which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.'

(Ephesians 2:8-10)

* If acknowledging the work of God in Christ, and rejoicing in His finished work shows a lack of humility on my part, then I fail to see what I can do about it, because I can sing no other song.

Within the love of Christ my Saviour,
My Lord and Head.
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: GTW27 and Nancy

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hello @Episkopos,

Hello @Episkopos,

If my rejoicing in the finished work of Christ is objectionable to you, then that is really your problem and not mine.
'
it is the gift of God:
Not of works,

* If acknowledging the work of God in Christ, and rejoicing in His finished work shows a lack of humility on my part, then I fail to see what I can do about it, because I can sing no other song.

My Lord and Head.
Chris
Great Scripture passages there...

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Great Scripture passages there...

Hello @faouk,

Thank you for responding. Yes, they are lovely. God's Word is such a comfort.

'But it is good for me to draw near to God:
I have put my trust in the Lord GOD,
that I may declare all Thy works.
'
(Psa 73:28)

Thank you for drawing my attention to Psalm 17:28, by the way.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: farouk

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello @Episkopos,

Hello @Episkopos,

'
it is the gift of God:
Not of works,

My Lord and Head.
Chris

You freely stated that you were required to believe what you do...for promised benefits.

Rejoicing is a whole other thing.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You freely stated that you were required to believe what you do...for promised benefits.

Rejoicing is a whole other thing.

Hello @Episkopos,

You interpret my words as you please, but it is not a reflection of the truth.

In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hello @Episkopos,

You interpret my words as you please, but it is not a reflection of the truth.

In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

What is your interpretation of the word "require?"

Is this not a word with a meaning that all can understand....or do you speak vaguely so that people can interpret what they wish?

Why even write anything?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are saying that you are mentioned in the bible? Now it does say that the greatest of these is charity. But you shouldn't confuse a biblical name with your username.

It is easy to claim to be everything that sounds good and positive in the bible (of course while ignoring everything that sounds more realistically negative to us). But it is presumption and indoctrination that causes the biblical standards to be assumed to be in one's possession without any recourse to actual reality.

So then claiming to be something from yourself is a waste of time really.

Try humility instead. THAT is actually biblical. Claiming to be more than one is...is not.

And I notice you always say...I...instead of we. What does the bible teach about the ego...do you know?

Have you read....no longer..I.. ?

Have you ever heard of Don Quixote?

Episkopos, do you see that this post is entirely Ad Hominems? All just attacking Chris as a person for what she wrote as she countered your assertions with Scripture. Why not reply with those Scriptures which show what you wish to present?

Let one speak, and let the others judge, I don't think that means to judge each other, it's the content.

We need to be in order.

Much love!

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What is your interpretation of the word "require?"

Is this not a word with a meaning that all can understand....or do you speak vaguely so that people can interpret what they wish?

Why even write anything?
Hello @Episkopos,

* Context is vital to understanding not only the Word of God, but also the written words of any participant on the forum. I said,
Charity (#99) :-
* All that I have said is true according to God's reckoning. I am required to believe it, and acknowledge it's truth, so would you condemn me for doing just that?
* I, like Paul confess that in me, that is in my flesh, there is no good thing: but for me to doubt what God has assured me that I am in Christ Jesus by His power, and according to His will, would be very wrong - and a false humility.
* See Ephesians chapter one, and the prayer of Paul for all the members of the Body of Christ, that they may be enabled to 'know' (i.e., acknowledge) God, in Christ:-

'That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ,
.. The Father of glory,
.... may give unto you
...... the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge
(or acknowledgement) of Him:
The eyes of your understanding being enlightened;
.. that ye may know what is the hope of His calling,
.... and what the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
...... And what is the exceeding greatness of H
is power to us-ward who believe,
according to the working of His mighty power,

.. Which He wrought in Christ,
.... when He raised him from the dead,
...... and set Him at His Own right hand in the heavenly places,
........ Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion,
.......... and every name that is named,
............ not only in this world,
.............. but also in that which is to come:
And hath put all things under His feet,
.. and gave Him to be the head over all things
.... to the church, w
hich is His body,
...... the fulness of Him that filleth all in all.'

(Ephesians 1:17-23)

Praise God!

* God has enabled me to know (or acknowledge), if only in part, these wondrous riches of God's Grace, in answer to Paul's prayer: and acknowledgement is not only an internal work, but has an outward manifestation, doesn't it?
* It would never have dawned on me, that my meaning could have been so misunderstood. I am sorry if my wording was misleading.

In Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy