A Musing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regardless the reasons one might consider why man is born a sinner and needs saved, it’s my understanding that whatever may be conceived in thought concerning all the inquiries related to this or any other type of reasoning related to God’s ways, I’ve learned there’s nothing comparable to the worth of what God desires for us through enduring the trials, hardships and difficulties which He allows believers to encounter—because of “the old man.” It matters not why we have a sin nature, the prominent issue is that of not being too concerned of this truth, but gladly accepting that it’s obviously God’s way of manifesting Himself to those who will be His, or He would have performed it all another way, seeing He foreknew how all would transpire.

Ok you can breathe now and sorry for the two-sentenced paragraph!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regardless the reasons one might consider why man is born a sinner and needs saved, it’s my understanding that whatever may be conceived in thought concerning all the inquiries related to this or any other type of reasoning related to God’s ways, I’ve learned there’s nothing comparable to the worth of what God desires for us through enduring the trials, hardships and difficulties which He allows believers to encounter—because of “the old man.” It matters not why we have a sin nature, the prominent issue is that of not being too concerned of this truth, but gladly accepting that it’s obviously God’s way of manifesting Himself to those who will be His, or He would have performed it all another way, seeing He foreknew how all would transpire.

Ok you can breathe now and sorry for the two-sentenced paragraph!
I have been studying about when Jesus died on the cross and just before He died He said "It is finished"....this has led me to search deeper what exactly is finished...His life? Death? Or more importantly is this when He has taken the sins of the world upon Himself and took them to the grave....
Still studying...

Netchaplain

Ordained Chaplain
Oct 12, 2011
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been studying about when Jesus died on the cross and just before He died He said "It is finished"....this has led me to search deeper what exactly is finished...His life? Death? Or more importantly is this when He has taken the sins of the world upon Himself and took them to the grave....
Still studying...
Hi, and your post has quite a bit of significance concerning Christ's words on His Cross, esp. in reference to your last comment concerning His expiation for believer's sin nature! I've come to understand that "it is finished" was in reference mostly to fulfilling the requirements of the Law at His death, which was when the Lord Jesus said the Law will "pass" being "fulfilled" (Mat 5:18). So after His resurrection He could begin the new Covenant (Heb 8:7; 10:9). This He introduced to the 12 apostles in Mat 26:28.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, and your post has quite a bit of significance concerning Christ's words on His Cross, esp. in reference to your last comment concerning His expiation for believer's sin nature! I've come to understand that "it is finished" was in reference mostly to fulfilling the requirements of the Law at His death, which was when the Lord Jesus said the Law will "pass" being "fulfilled" (Mat 5:18). So after His resurrection He could begin the new Covenant (Heb 8:7; 10:9). This He introduced to the 12 apostles in Mat 26:28.
Oh wow, I didn’t even think about the Law...this would make more sense in the interpretation of what He was referring to.
Thank you

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Still studying...
@Heart2Soul Hebrews chapters 9 and 10 show strongly that what the Lord Jesus accomplished at the Cross was a finished work.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would like to share this with you @Heart2Soul I just had found it today friend.

there are three passages, which surprised me when reading

“But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: “We ought to obey God rather than men. The God of our fathers raised up Jesus whom you murdered by hanging on a tree. Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.””
‭‭Acts‬ ‭5:29-32‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

““For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell asleep, was buried with his fathers, and saw corruption; but He whom God raised up saw no corruption. Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins; and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭13:36-39‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Jesus speaking :
“So I said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said, ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭26:15-18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would like to share this with you @Heart2Soul I just had found it today friend.

there are three passages, which surprised me when reading

“But Peter and the other apostles answered and said: “We ought to obey God rather than men. The God of our fathers raised up Jesus whom you murdered by hanging on a tree. Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him.””
‭‭Acts‬ ‭5:29-32‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

““For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell asleep, was buried with his fathers, and saw corruption; but He whom God raised up saw no corruption. Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins; and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭13:36-39‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Jesus speaking :
“So I said, ‘Who are You, Lord?’ And He said, ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. But rise and stand on your feet; for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things which I will yet reveal to you. I will deliver you from the Jewish people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.’”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭26:15-18‬ ‭NKJV‬‬
He whom God raised up saw no corruption...this has just jumped out at me because He did see corruption in man did He not? I mean how could He not living among them?
The 3rd one you presented is about Paul and I don't see what you are looking at...
Can you help me out?

Reactions: MatthewG

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings in Christ Jesus! Not only that, He made A Way when there was no way. He did it all for us, so that He could also do it through us. Victory over sin, death and the devil. Indeed "It is finished".

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul

I can try.

Third one is about simply the acceptance of Christ turning from darkness to God in receiving forgiveness of sins. It’s something I’ve just recently have established now in my faith of understanding that the sin of unbelief keeps a person from receiving forgiveness of sins.

Jesus whom God raised up saw no corruption, would this pertain to the Jesus because of being the Logos of God no corruption with-in his own being?

Im honestly not sure. It is a good question, maybe @Netchaplain may have some insights or someone else, Heart.

Thank you for checking them out friend. Today was going through forgiveness verses and this is the first section called (1) Divine Promised which is dealing all about forgiveness.

There are three more to go through (2) Human prescribed (forgiveness), (3) example of Human forgiveness, (4) example of divine forgiveness and forgiveness of Sin.

The Thompson chain reference Bible is a handy tool to find any type of certain topic.

Again thank you (I am tired).

Last edited:
Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Corruption there refers to the decay of the material body.

Also @MatthewG

Hope that helps.

Tong
R4455
Yes it does...thanks. I hadn't had time to go and read the entire chapter....I was wondering if the rest of the scriptures would bring it to light better.