• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not have to see you mention a pope. You brought up their idea that there's no reason for another physical temple in Jerusalem to be built, which is one of 'their' doctrines of men which they preach with... their false idea that Paul was pointing to the Spiritual Temple of Christ in that 2 Thessalonians 2:4 verse.
Your assumption was wrong and you are not man enough or humble enough to apologize for your mistake - so you double down as in denial.
See if you can understand this statement without twisting it: I don't care to dialogue with someone who misinterprets and misrepresents my posts and is too prideful to admit it. You need a lesson in humility.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was an example of an abomination and desolation
My understanding of an abomination in the Bible, is anything or anyone that is debased and extremely detestable to God. The Antichrist would be considered an abomination: who he is, his purpose and what he does. What he does is cause desolation, destruction of Gods people, and leaving Jerusalem desolate.
Abomination is also used for idols and false gods.

Exodus 8:26 KJV
26) And Moses said, It is not meet so to do; for we shall sacrifice the abomination of the Egyptians to the LORD our God: lo, shall we sacrifice the abomination of the Egyptians before their eyes, and will they not stone us?

Much love!

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'll agree with that and all the amimal kingdom at peace too. I wonder if God will recreate my dog for me? The resurrection and eternal life is promised to us only. I guess like Lot's wife ... we just can't look back. I am sure we will be more than happy in Paradise and with a new body - that is what I need right now ... 65 years old and counting.
We won't have our current limitations in understanding, I think. Eternal life with God will fulfill our every dream and desire. And maybe we can have our beloved pets again, too, I don't know, but God really really loves us, so who knows?

Much love!

Reactions: Ronald David Bruno

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you know eternal does not mean forever right
Is that so? Are you considering Eternal to describe something within this space/time continuum?

So as we are united to God, this creation may pass away, but we won't becaue HE doesn't.

Much love!

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your assumption was wrong and you are not man enough or humble enough to apologize for your mistake - so you double down as in denial.
See if you can understand this statement without twisting it: I don't care to dialogue with someone who misinterprets and misrepresents my posts and is too prideful to admit it. You need a lesson in humility.

Nah, I have no need for an apology to you, since you deserve rebuke for NOT staying with the actual Scripture, but instead pushing men's doctrines, which I well showed several that you pushed so far that proves what I've said. So go whine to someone else.

You Pushed...

1. no new temple needed
2. Romans fulfilled the abomination of desolation in 70 A.D.

Those ideas are by those on men's doctrines that believe the Pope as the Antichrist, and are against Christ's Olivet discourse Signs being for the very end of this world involving a rebuilt Jewish temple for the real Antichrist to sit in.

Reactions: Keraz

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you know eternal does not mean forever right
It is funny you mention that word. I wrote a book once that addressed the topic of "Eternal Hell" in a couple chapters. Believe me, I am familiar with that word, which has variable meanings. [aion, aionios or aionion].
When it is applied to our temporal reality, which will pass away someday, it means lifetime(s), age(s), generation(s), epoch, world.
The word "ever" can be translated as "for an age". "Everlasting" = age-lasting or age-during.
Eternity or eternal do not have the same meaning as something temporal that will pass away.
However, when it is applied to God or his domain (and our salvation), it means an infinite amount of time or frankly without time or outside of time - never ending. And with God only, eternal means also having no beginning as well.

Reactions: marks

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You Pushed...
1. no new temple needed
2. Romans fulfilled the abomination of desolation in 70 A.D.

Once again you misrepresented my posts.
I am not pushing anything, it is a "new take" (opinion to be shared and discussed).
And I suggested that the abomination of desolation has occurred several times in history, not that it wouldn't in the end times.
Wow.

Reactions: bbyrd009

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you and your sons will be here with me i guess
What does Samuel's statement to Saul about the outcome of the battle have to do with whether eternal is everlasting?

Perhaps "eternal isn't forever" is a little bit hard to quote, maybe?

Much love!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
time was created for us? Or “outside of time?”
Are you looking for a quote to say, "eternal is everlasting"? That's not there. What would you accept?

Much love!
ah well, as pertains to our “salvation,” i guess we would first need to answer “from what?”
What does Samuel's statement to Saul about the outcome of the battle have to do with whether eternal is everlasting?
when you consider that Samuel was accepted and king saul rejected, maybe a lot

Perhaps "eternal isn't forever" is a little bit hard to quote, maybe?
aion: a space of time, an age

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah well, as pertains to our “salvation,” i guess we would first need to answer “from what?”
I have no idea what you mean here. From what? Have we switched to talking about salvation, and what are we being saved from, and an eternity in hell? Is that where you're going with this?

Or something else?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
time was created for us? Or “outside of time?”
My thinking on this is that God created this space time continuum as a place to put Man. And this is our medium, and water is for a fish. And we don't live in water, we are not bound by the same constraints a fish has. God isn't bound by any constraints in His creation, omnipotent.

Much love!

Reactions: bbyrd009

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when you consider that Samuel was accepted and king saul rejected, maybe a lot

Saul was rejected by God from being king, and he was rejected by God from being alive, what exactly was Saul's spiritual state before God? Had he been rejected from "being saved"?

Much love!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Saul was rejected by God from being king, and he was rejected by God from being alive, what exactly was Saul's spiritual state before God? Had he been rejected from "being saved"?

Much love!
@marks Probably a good term for Old Testament saints - or not, as the case may be - is justified. (Hebrews 11 examples, etc.) In Saul's case, I'm not sure there is strong evidence he was ever truly justified before God.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks Probably a good term for Old Testament saints - or not, as the case may be - is justified. (Hebrews 11 examples, etc.) In Saul's case, I'm not sure there is strong evidence he was ever truly justified before God.
I know it doesn't look good for him, but I'm not aware of Scriptures that settle this for us one way or the other. Maybe there is something there, but I don't know of it.

Much love!