A new thread on prophecy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Actually, it means I do not associate the two as being the same description, but only simularity. Iraq...the lion is not without number in this day and age. If one considers that at any given moment a person could die or be born and therefore validates "without number" I say thewords are... " beyond number" and that is just not so in this day and age. So now you must separate the vere and contend only one half of it pertaqins and me... I contiue with.... I see no connection for the two verses describing the same thing.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
I do see a 'direct' connection between the locusts of Joel and the locusts of Rev.9. The lion symbol is used in both too.

In Joel 1 the locusts represent a nation. In Rev.9 the locusts represent men (they had "faces of men").

The Joel prophecy is given in connected with end time events, Historical Babylon is nowhere mentioned in it.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
One devours the green things the other leaves them alone.... a stark contrast. This goes into description...on what they eat or do not eat, what they harm or do not harm... definately not needed for this metaphor.
Next, the locusts of Revelation would be considered more descriptive of locusts being a metaphor of a nation not Joel's weed hoppers.
So in Joel these locusts are jumpin over mountains and that is a nation? Ok Vet, our understanding are quite different. Nothing in Joel validates a link to Revelation Ch 9 as being one.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
One devours the green things the other leaves them alone.... a stark contrast. This goes into description...on what they eat or do not eat, what they harm or do not harm... definately not needed for this metaphor.
Next, the locusts of Revelation would be considered more descriptive of locusts being a metaphor of a nation not Joel's weed hoppers.
So in Joel these locusts are jumpin over mountains and that is a nation? Ok Vet, our understanding are quite different. Nothing in Joel validates a link to Revelation Ch 9 as being one.

Your dwelling on that hurt no green thing has become a kind of obsession don't ya think?

Since the Rev.9 locusts are METAPHORICAL, how could they harm any green thing in the first place? They could ONLY do that IF they were actual locusts! How is it you cannot understand that difference?

And yes the locusts of the Book of Joel are the SAME kind of METAPHOR description of the locusts in Revelation 9.

Doesn't matter to me that you refuse to believe both examples are 'metaphorical' as written. You could never disprove it in a million years; it would make you look silly to try really.

Risen Angel

Jul 23, 2012
A challenge? Interesting. I will answer one question.

Trust me when I say you don't want to know the answer to some of them. Some things are not meant to be seen by your eyes, not before the time comes; and, seeing it will only hurt you. Feeling it will terrify you, and experiencing it will destroy you. Minds become broken by witnessing certain events. God prepares those he has chosen to reveal these things to. It takes a lifetime.

You don't jump off a cliff without wings; the fall will kill you.

Anything that takes your eyes off of Christ is a deception of the enemy. Any theory that drives you mad is likely from the enemy. Anything that inspires anxiety to reign within you is straight from hell. Why are people so concerned with the end of the world? Why do they seek it out? Do they somehow think that by seeing the destruction it will inspire a new appreciation for the beauty of God's creation? Why would anyone want to see this? It is horrifying. Do people take pleasure from the burning of a work of art?

Jesus Christ shows us love and we squander it by searching for hate. God gives us a shield and we toss it aside, seeking instead fear. Why? Have we not suffered enough? God gives us grace and compassion, yet we live our lives in judgement and criticism. We are wasting a gift - a precious gift from heaven. I do not need to see in order to believe; for I take God's word as truth.

Do not ask the creator for destruction. Has he not wept for us?

We are a spiritual creature, and Jesus is the door (John 10:9). Some of us are walking in and out, and what we find is a world beyond our imagination. Why walk pathways that will bring us all to ruin? There is a world beyond this one; there are beings created by God that are not like us, yet communicate with us. Sometimes they carry messages, sometimes they minister, and sometimes they show us things. And yet, there are two sides at war against each other. Constantly one tries to cast illusion upon the world, while the other dispels it.

I told you - the word of God is not a roadmap to destruction: it is his communication of salvation.

At first I was tempted to answer all of your questions, but I quickly realized it is just an act of pride and serves no real purpose. Also, they are merely a trap for the mind. Instead of looking ahead, why not just search quietly in our heart for the voice of God. Could you consider embracing the moment our Lord has given us and simply lay everything else at his feet. Instead of considering the end of creation, would you consider listening to the birds singing outside your window in the early morning? Find the love he is pouring out. Watch the trees blossom, listen to the wind blow and the leaves rustle.

Stand beside the ocean. Walk in the sand.

If you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes into you; and, eventually you will fall in. There is so much more to the light than the shadow it casts.

Jesus Christ is calling. Will you answer?

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

The church is not the truth. The church is an assembly. Jesus is the truth.