A Place For Christ

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The believer needs to understand the sin/sins that the death of Christ; had in it the past, present, and future sins of the world. The sin nature was crucified in Christ, all in Adam dead, 2 Cor. 5:14

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

The cup Jesus drank from had in it everything the Father required to reconcile the world back to himself.
When John the Baptist saw Jesus coming he spun around and said "behold the lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world," the sin of the world being singular, the sin nature.
As someone mentioned we need to divide the scriptures that describe sins of the flesh or when it is speaking about the sin nature.
One separated humanity from God, the other is a mind issue.
For the believer it is mind given to body that constitutes flesh.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I disagree with the OP....of course.

Paul said...I am dead with Christ....it is no longer I who live but Christ lives in Me...and the life I now live I live by the faith OF Christ.

I think the very rarity of that kind of thing in our time has people scrambling for an alternate meaning to what it means to be not only dead but also alive in Christ.

So then if all people are dead with Christ...are all people also living in the life of Christ?

We don't even see that in the church let alone everyone in the neighbourhood.

The whole idea of being dead in Christ is that you are also alive in Christ so as to walk exactly as He walked. There is no such thing as a spiritual force of death on a person....without the new spiritual life force also present. This is not the zombie apocalypse.

maybe this has to do with the modern fascination with zombies? Very curious.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still puzzled. Why the caveat, "wilful sin" ?

If one is "prevented from committing willful sin"....is there some other KIND of sin, that can be committed, that was omitted from Forgiveness, and CAN be committed?

I agree with Scripture.

God Bless,
Taken

Yes, absolutely. The Bible distinguishes between types of sins, so I will also.

1 John 5:16-17
16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Two categories.

1. People committing willful sins, the ones in the old testament had no sacrifice to cover these sins, were put to death. They are sins unto death. Hebrews 10:26, and Numbers 15:30 ‘But the person who does anything presumptuously (willfully), whether he is native-born or a stranger, that one brings reproach on the Lord, and he shall be cut off from among his people. 31 Because he has despised the word of the Lord, and has broken His commandment, that person shall be completely cut off; his guilt shall be upon him.’ ” Also 36, So, as the Lord commanded Moses, all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died. (No sacrifice)

2. Trespasses are also sins, but are not willful in nature. They are unwittingly committed. Leviticus 5:15, and Numbers 15:25 So the priest shall make atonement for the whole congregation of the children of Israel, and it shall be forgiven them, for it was unintentional; they shall bring their offering, an offering made by fire to the Lord, and their sin offering before the Lord, for their unintended sin. (Sacrifice)

-----
1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin.

Here is a person who has already been born again. He has repented of all sin and Jesus took it away, including the sin nature, which makes us born again and "new creatures." He has the Holy Spirit, the Light, and cannot willfully sin. 1 John 3:9. However we see at the end of verse 7 that the blood of Jesus is still cleansing sin. So which of the two categories do you think is being cleansed while at the same time walking in the Spirit? Mind you the Spirit is NOT going to lead anyone into lawlessness. If you chose #2 you are correct. So even though we may commit sins of trespassing due to immature fruit, which the Lord prunes off of us John 15, with this type of sin we have an advocate in Christ Jesus. Do NOT superimpose willful sins onto 1 John 2:1. No, only the sins of immaturity which with the Spirits guidance we will outgrow as we continuously abide in Jesus.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The believer needs to understand the sin/sins that the death of Christ; had in it the past, present, and future sins of the world. The sin nature was crucified in Christ, all in Adam dead, 2 Cor. 5:14

14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:

The cup Jesus drank from had in it everything the Father required to reconcile the world back to himself.
When John the Baptist saw Jesus coming he spun around and said "behold the lamb of God that taketh away the sin of the world," the sin of the world being singular, the sin nature.
As someone mentioned we need to divide the scriptures that describe sins of the flesh or when it is speaking about the sin nature.
One separated humanity from God, the other is a mind issue.
For the believer it is mind given to body that constitutes flesh.

You've had many responses to your post. You need to address those individually as to what you agree with or disagree with and why. Manners.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, absolutely. The Bible distinguishes between types of sins, so I will also.

1 John 5:16-17
16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Two categories.

1. People committing willful sins, the ones in the old testament had no sacrifice to cover these sins, were put to death. They are sins unto death. Hebrews 10:26, and Numbers 15:30 ‘But the person who does anything presumptuously (willfully), whether he is native-born or a stranger, that one brings reproach on the Lord, and he shall be cut off from among his people. 31 Because he has despised the word of the Lord, and has broken His commandment, that person shall be completely cut off; his guilt shall be upon him.’ ” Also 36, So, as the Lord commanded Moses, all the congregation brought him outside the camp and stoned him with stones, and he died. (No sacrifice)

2. Trespasses are also sins, but are not willful in nature. They are unwittingly committed. Leviticus 5:15, and Numbers 15:25 So the priest shall make atonement for the whole congregation of the children of Israel, and it shall be forgiven them, for it was unintentional; they shall bring their offering, an offering made by fire to the Lord, and their sin offering before the Lord, for their unintended sin. (Sacrifice)

-----
1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin.

Here is a person who has already been born again. He has repented of all sin and Jesus took it away, including the sin nature, which makes us born again and "new creatures." He has the Holy Spirit, the Light, and cannot willfully sin. 1 John 3:9. However we see at the end of verse 7 that the blood of Jesus is still cleansing sin. So which of the two categories do you think is being cleansed while at the same time walking in the Spirit? Mind you the Spirit is NOT going to lead anyone into lawlessness. If you chose #2 you are correct. So even though we may commit sins of trespassing due to immature fruit, which the Lord prunes off of us John 15, with this type of sin we have an advocate in Christ Jesus. Do NOT superimpose willful sins onto 1 John 2:1. No, only the sins of immaturity which with the Spirits guidance we will outgrow as we continuously abide in Jesus.

This is an indepth subject, probably not for this OP.
Will just leave it at we are not in agreement in applicability.

God Bless,
Taken

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've had many responses to your post. You need to address those individually as to what you agree with or disagree with and why. Manners.

I'm rereading #2 and see there is a big difference in understanding, not for sure what I'm supposed to agree or disagree with. Everyone has their level of understanding concerning the scriptures.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm rereading #2 and see there is a big difference in understanding, not for sure what I'm supposed to agree or disagree with. Everyone has their level of understanding concerning the scriptures.

But there is but one truth. And we are living in a time where people can't abide sound doctrine. So they make all kinds of wild proclamations...that do injustice to the word of God.

Take the OP for example....

Reactions: faithfulness

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

I agree with you.
On Forums especially I find that IS the problem.
It is the reason for so much silly arrogant strife.
Everyone believes that "they" have all the truth , and obviously what "they" believe is correct.
NOT SO....
Not one single person on this Forum or any other forum has ALL the Truth. " We understand IN PART....

1 Cor 13:9
"For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away
."

So many times I am sure we have all see people respond to someones post and write " Correct" ...or "Wrong"....
How arrogant is that!! Sometimes I laugh to myself ...and I always shake my head...

God set us in a BODY...no one has it all!!

EVERY joint supplies...because NO ONE person had the whole nine yards.

1 Cor. v 21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you....."
..... If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? "

Honour to whom honour is due.

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you.
On Forums especially I find that IS the problem.
It is the reason for so much silly arrogant strife.
Everyone believes that "they" have all the truth , and obviously what "they" believe is correct.
NOT SO....
Not one single person on this Forum or any other forum has ALL the Truth. " We understand IN PART....

1 Cor 13:9
"For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away
."

So many times I am sure we have all see people respond to someones post and write " Correct" ...or "Wrong"....
How arrogant is that!! Sometimes I laugh to myself ...and I always shake my head...

God set us in a BODY...no one has it all!!

EVERY joint supplies...because NO ONE person had the whole nine yards.

1 Cor. v 21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you....."
..... If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling? "

Honour to whom honour is due.

Yes, the arguments are usually endless as we all see. Some believers think what they believe is their salvation other than "in whom they believe," and the finished work of God on the cross, you can not argue with that it's pointless.

Reactions: Helen