A Question for Jehovah's Witnesses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I've said, I perceive you to be a lazy servant, one who reads the shallow surface of the Word...it is good for you to look up the verse and find the honor of searching out a matter.

It is the glory of God to conceal things, but the glory of kings is to search things out. Pro 25:2

The true Saints of God are Kings and Priests in training...you are yet to start Jack!

It's wrong of me to play with you like I do, I do to make an example of you Jack...so that others can see your folly and go beyond the example you show day by day in this forum. The truth is, God has concealed things and has called upon His servants to exercise their minds in searching for the treasures of divine wisdom. The wise man wrote 'line upon line, precept upon precept, here a little and there a little.' Faithful men and women will endeavor to put the "littles" together and in the process find the mental exercise which brings their minds nearer to God

By your fruits I know you are very distant from God because you fail to do what He Pleases and until such time, years and years can go past and you will still be posting you pathetic shallow one liners having nothing at all to offer this forum. May sound harsh Jack, but I dont tell you who will? It's clear you dont have friends who have told you otherwise you would be heading God's instruction to search the Scriptures daily to see if these things are true? I can see you don't...best you can do is search a word like "satan" and think you know what it means! Sad part is you dont and you don't even know the meaning of Deut 29:29 or Prov 25:2 or Isaiah 28:10. Sad part is you don't want to know - you will take offense and return to your part of the world to come out another day with more one liners.

Stop quoting Scripture and start expounding it!

Jack, if you lack wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. 6 But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.

F2F
That's a lot of smokescreen to not quote even one Scripture. I'll be glad to give you Scripture. And I have lots more Scripture about Satan / the Devil. Want to see them? Of course you don't, but I'll post them anyway.

The Devil talked to Jesus:
Luke 4
6 And the devil said to Him,

And Jesus talked to him!
8 And Jesus answered and said to him, "Get behind Me, Satan!

Reactions: marks

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Oh, I almost forgot. Your main doctrine is personal insults.
Whether its gentle or stern rebuke it can fall on open ears or deaf ears...from your response only you know which it is.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's a lot of smokescreen to not quote even one Scripture. I'll be glad to give you Scripture. And I have lots more Scripture about Satan / the Devil. Want to see them? Of course you don't, but I'll post them anyway.

The Devil talked to Jesus:
Luke 4
6 And the devil said to Him,

And Jesus talked to him!
8 And Jesus answered and said to him, "Get behind Me, Satan!
Be sure to read the replies from Marks, Jack, to see if we can tease out those "littles" for you and others wanting to know the truth of the matter.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be sure to read the replies from Marks, Jack, to see if we can tease out those "littles" for you and others wanting to know the truth of the matter.
Do you always avoid Scripture? Here's some more for you about the Devil that you say never existed.

John 8
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you always avoid Scripture? Here's some more for you about the Devil that you say never existed.

John 8
44 You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.
That passage has already been explained Jack...did you study "whose Father" they belonged to?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That passage has already been explained Jack...did you study "whose Father" they belonged to?
Did you not say the Devil / Satan never existed? Here's more, plenty more.

John 13
2 And supper being ended, the devil having already put it into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray Him,

Ok, I'm ready for more personal insults.

Last edited:

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did you not say the Devil / Satan never existed? Here's more, plenty more.

John 13
2 And supper being ended, the devil having already put it into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray Him,

Ok, I'm ready for more personal insults.
Rebuke should be welcomed!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rebuke should be welcomed!
IOW, you don't have a clue what's in the Bible. Here's more Scripture for you.

James 4
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will that be meaningful when someone gives the response, Yes, they wrote that way, but it's not what they really meant?

I find that to be the source of most if not all disagreements over Scripture between those who claim to believe it. One person will hold to the plain meaning, the other will claim that while it says this, it actually means that. This thread shows numerous examples.

Much love!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One person will hold to the plain meaning, the other will claim that while it says this, it actually means that. This thread shows numerous examples.
Interpretation requires Spiritual discernment..unpacking the context and getting into the minds of those teaching us core truth's. Take Aunty Jane twisting John 8 only to be shown the Lord's intent in that section is to show "whose Father" the people are choosing in their ignorance.

I mean it's so easy to comprehend but what happens when the text is approached with "preconceived" ideas? The lessons are lost and the Lord's Teaching misrepresented.

You might not agree with the outcome but the approach is tried and proven! Literal reading of the Word rarely provides the insight God intended in His Word.

F2F

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will that be meaningful when someone gives the response, Yes, they wrote that way, but it's not what they really meant?

I find that to be the source of most if not all disagreements over Scripture between those who claim to believe it. One person will hold to the plain meaning, the other will claim that while it says this, it actually means that. This thread shows numerous examples.

Much love!
You're absolutely right. When dealing with JW's their argument is nearly always, 'the Bible doesn't mean what it says.' Just like Satan!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're absolutely right. When dealing with JW's their argument is nearly always, 'the Bible doesn't mean what it says.'
Not just them, I find this across the board, as it were.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Literal reading of the Word rarely provides the insight God intended in His Word.
Step 1: Find the plain saying of the passage, taking into account metaphor, idiom, allegory, symbol, as shown and defined in the Bible itself.

Step 2: Believe it.

I mean it's so easy to comprehend but what happens when the text is approached with "preconceived" ideas?
This is exactly why we are to determine the saying of the passage, and then to believe what it says. In the cause of ambiguous passages, the less ambiguous will sort it out. Then you will be hearing what the Bible itself teaches.

It's when you reach conclusions about certain passages, and then come to a passage that contradicts those conclusions. Don't just deny the meaning of the passage that poses you a problem, find the harmony. Believe all that is taught, without just outright denying the plain sayings of Scripture.

And the other advantage in this is, we'll all end up with the same doctrines, being those that are plainly taught in the Bible.

Much love!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not just them, I find this across the board, as it were.

Much love!
I never took you for a hyper literalist Marks, always thought you tried at least to reason out the meaning of the Word. Interesting.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Literal reading of the Word rarely provides the insight God intended in His Word.

F2F
There's your problem. Satan has stolen God's Word from you. You make up your own bible to please YOU.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There's your problem. Satan has stolen God's Word from you. You make up your own bible to please YOU.
I'm thinking you have that response on "copy and paste" lol. the "littles" Jack...its all about the "littles" - I'm certain you dont know what I mean by that!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Step 1: Find the plain saying of the passage, taking into account metaphor, idiom, allegory, symbol, as shown and defined in the Bible itself.
Will you be answering the other posts? I'm very keen to hear your response on 2 Timothy 3.

Agree with the above!

Step 2: Believe it.
Yes.
This is exactly why we are to determine the saying of the passage, and then to believe what it says. In the cause of ambiguous passages, the less ambiguous will sort it out. Then you will be hearing what the Bible itself teaches.
Correct.
It's when you reach conclusions about certain passages, and then come to a passage that contradicts those conclusions. Don't just deny the meaning of the passage that poses you a problem, find the harmony. Believe all that is taught, without just outright denying the plain sayings of Scripture.

And the other advantage in this is, we'll all end up with the same doctrines, being those that are plainly taught in the Bible.

Much love!
Agree.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm thinking you have that response on "copy and paste" lol. the "littles" Jack...its all about the "littles" - I'm certain you dont know what I mean by that!
I doubt that you know what you mean. You have rejected the Christian Bible and turned to Satan.