A Question for Jehovah's Witnesses

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rebuking is not a requirement. Jesus did not rebuke the Pharisees who wanted to stone him. Does that mean their claim that he was not a deity is correct?
Lol
Now you have God winking at sin.
Jehovah says to worship only God.
So many of you get owned in a bible study.
Every time.
My job here is watch you go against The bible.
Defending sin is yalls specialty now a days.

Reactions: The Learner

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet, no verse in sight.
Go against the bible
It is your watchtower job
Heb 1
6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.

7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom

• Love

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To a certain extent, this is semantics. If a human bows down and "worships" another human being (even if in their mind that person is God incarnate), it does not mean the human being is God, e.g., Caesar, Augustus, and here for a long list of others.

People who make this kind of argument imply words create reality. If I call you POTUS, that means you are the President of the United States? If you call me the devil that means I am the fallen Angel Lucifer? It's preposterous reasoning.
No verses?
Well thankfully you are safer that way.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Watchtower actually thinks God commands his angels to worship a created being.
I Love how you defend the word....A warrior for the Lord.

Short commentary.

A warrior after God's heart is a man of authenticity (1 Peter 2:8‐9). A warrior after God's heart lays his life on the line (Ephesians 2:10). A warrior after God's heart rises to the challenge (2 Timothy 4:2‐5). A warrior after God's heart makes a stand (Ephesians 6:10‐13).

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again there is an assumption upon which the interpretation of these verses depends.....the assumption that John 1:1 is an accurate translation of the original Greek....and the meaning of the word “theos”....the primary meaning given by Strongs is...
  1. “a god or goddess, a general name of deities or divinities.”

It can also mean....
  1. “whatever can in any respect be likened unto God, or resemble him in any way
    1. God's representative or viceregent
      1. of magistrates and judges.”

So, translation bias can twist the meaning of words from one language to another very easily.

When you consult a Greek Interlinear, it is important that the translation be accurate.....so is it? The Greeks did not have a word for a god with no name, so when the “one God” of Israel was mentioned along with others of godlike status, the only way to distinguish him was to use the definite article (THE...”ho”) a little word, but with a very important meaning.

When you consult Interlinear translations you can often see “ho” before many words as it is in English, but using “theos” without the definite article when more than one “theos” is mentioned in a passage, it indicates a difference in the “god” being referred to.....but it is left out to purposely suggest the wrong “god”.

Jesus is rightly called “a god” because all reference to him is without the definite article.....as it is in John 1:1. Only the first reference there is to Yahweh....the second reference has no definite article indicating a divine, godlike person or one whom God authorised to act in his behalf, like the judges in Israel whom Yahweh himself called “gods”. (John 10:31-36) In that passage, Jesus identifies himself as “the son of [the] God” (“ho theos”)
No matter how scripture has been twisted to suggest what it does not say, only those who put in the effort to study the Greek will see what is plainly written, but not plainly translated.

See above...another translation error. That makes no sense as an English translation....the tense is all wrong, but you’ve made an excuse for it below....

Or it is actually written in the tense it was asked....Jesus was stating that he existed before Abraham as “the Word” (logos)....he was God’s spokesman down through mankind’s history. Every time God spoke to sinful man it was through his logos.

In a world ruled by the devil, nothing is as it “seems”.....the great deceiver will operate at the highest level to corrupt and mislead all who swallow his lies, taking down with him all whom he can fool as to the very nature and person of Yahweh, putting another “god” in his place...a clear breach of the first Commandment. (Ex 20:3) The God of Israel was “one” (Deut 6:4) and he has not changed.

Yahweh is the only God and the only Savior....there is just one Almighty God, but there are others called “theos” who are not the Almighty.....these are the ones authorised by him to act in his behalf. Jesus is said to be “God’s holy servant”......he is God’s High Priest.....and he is also a savior, sent by God in that capacity. The one sent by the Savior is also a savior. (Judges 3:15) It is not an exclusive title just as “Lord”is not an exclusive title.

Jesus said we must “know” this God AND the one whom he sent (John 17:3)....we are not instructed to know a trinity god but the persons who are in union with one another....Father and son who constructed all that exists. God’s “Master Worker” was by his Father’s side as indicated in Prov 8:30-32.
He is the “us” and “our” in Genesis 1:26. He was the very first of God’s creations. (Col 1:15-17; Rev 3:14)

It does not demean him in any way to view him as the Scriptures portray him, and how he portrayed himself.
Jesus has a God...even in heaven. (Rev 3:12) God does not worship himself....
"""Again there is an assumption upon which the interpretation of these verses depends.....the assumption that John 1:1 is an accurate translation of the original Greek....and the meaning of the word “theos”....the primary meaning given by Strongs is...“a god or goddess, a general name of deities or divinities.”""

I showed you already THEOS IS USED FOR JEHOVAH ALSO

But you are basically here to deceive.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Love how you defend the word....A warrior for the Lord.

Short commentary.

A warrior after God's heart is a man of authenticity (1 Peter 2:8‐9). A warrior after God's heart lays his life on the line (Ephesians 2:10). A warrior after God's heart rises to the challenge (2 Timothy 4:2‐5). A warrior after God's heart makes a stand (Ephesians 6:10‐13).
thank you.
I am here for you guys and for the reader.
Folks need to see the true word of God.
Deceivers are here.
Cunning and evil

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
According to John 3:16,17 God sent Jesus so that God could save through Jesus.

Nearly all of my "theologically related" Posts, and most of my Threads, and there are a lot of those found here.....only Present The Gift of Salvation, as The Cross of Christ.

Jesus Is Salvation.

How do you know?
Because He is """"the only WAY to the Father..."" John 14:6

And Jesus should know as the WAY there is the Blood and Death of Jesus.

"The Cross of Christ".

"ALL who call on the Name of Jesus, by faith, shall be saved".

Not just the "elect",.. but "= ALL who Call"

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I forget do JW's believe Jesus and the Holy Spirit lives in them?
I don't know. Actually, they don't really believe there is a "Jesus". "Jesus" was a role played by the Archangel Michael. After "Jesus" "returned to heaven", Michael returned to being himself, ergo, no more Jesus. But then according to what I've been taught by JW's, there never really was a "Jesus", only the persona adopted by Michael for the purpose of offering a sacrificial death.

There's a problem with that:

Revelation 1:5 KJV
And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Jesus, from heaven, the faithful witness. No, it's not Michael.

Much love!

Last edited:

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know. Actually, they don't really believe there is a "Jesus". "Jesus" was a role played by the Archangel Michael. After "Jesus" "returned to heaven", Michael returned to being himself, ergo, no more Jesus. But then according to what I've been taught by JW's, there never really was a "Jesus", only the persona adopted by Michael for the purpose of offering a sacrificial death.

There's a problem with that:

Revelation 1:5 KJV
And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Jesus, from heaven, the faithful witness. No, it's not Michael.

Much love!
Last I remember they got off the "michael" thingy.
They also ditched the 144k error. (At one time they claimed 144 k watchtowerians were the selected few going to heaven).

They literally make stuff up.
Around 1973 or 74, they claimed a comet would come that year and destroy earth.
Of course that was yet another watchtower error.

All doctrine comes from NY leaders.
The "door knockers" are only puppets. All they believe and repeat is via programming their minds.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is refreshing to see someone such as yourself with such conviction and awareness of the fact that there is indeed an infection within what is commonly referred to as the church. According to some studies, there is a combination of approximately 45,000 Christian denominations, sub-denominations, sects, and cults globally. They all aren't saying the same things, the Bible versions and translations aren't all saying the same things, but the true church still exists and may be unrecognizable to the casual onlooker.

However, if we keep seeking and loving the truth we will find it. Never cease being brave to follow Jesus' teachings, even when he seems to say things that are contrary to what we previously believed. For Jesus said, "everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or fields for my sake will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life."

The question is, do we have the bravery it takes to lose relationships, lose financial opportunities, become unpopular, stop itching others' ears, and risk it all for the kingdom of God? For Jesus also said, "Whoever loves father or mother or son or daughter more than me is not fit to be my disciple." We should take that seriously out of sincere love and devotion for God and His Son Jesus. We each have a duty to make a personal decision regarding our choices and obedience to the Gospel we have placed our faith in.
Never cease being brave to follow JESUS teachings . I LIKE THAT my friend .
SO HOW come many have . HOW COME they saying things like muslims and other religions be serving the same GOD we do .
HOW COME . HOW COME they are saying and believing there is no need for these false religoins to repent
and to believe ON JESUS AS THE CHRIST . why is the GOSPEL GETTING TROD UNDER FOOT
for a social inclusive one . HUH . cause IT DENIES JESUS THE CHRIST .
HOW COME so many are now running to rainbow jesus . and when i say rainbow
mark my words , IT AINT THE RAINBOW OF GOD .
HOW COME folks are so fast to shut down brave ones who by grace Actually DO CORRECT SIN WTHIN THE CHURCH .
HOW COME so many are so fast to accuse these of not loving , of being judgmental , of being haters
Exactly .
HOW COME so many are now following a love that has come of the world , yet satan and his co workers
are doing all to convince not only the religoins but christendom itself , THIS IS THE LOVE OF GOD .
WHEN IT CLEARLY AINT .
YOU see what does charity REJOICE IN and what DO IT NOT REJOICE IN .
FOLKS FORGET THAT .
CHARITY rejoices ONLY IN THE TRUTH . NOT INQUITY , NOT LIES , not false hope . TRUTH .
SO they can give all their food to the poor , YET SINCE THEY DONT HAVE ACTUAL CHARITY , IT WILL PROFIT THEM NOTHING .
CHARITY WOULD NEVER DENY A WORD OF JESUS CHRIST . yet THEY DO . CHARITY
would never honor or rejoice in a lie , in inquity , YET THEY DO . SOMETHING HAS WENT DEAD WRONG .
SO allow me some parting words .
THERE IS A LOVE , A WAY , WHICH SEEMS SO DARN RIGHT UNTO MEN , YET THE END OF IT BE DEATH .
Satan can say GOD IS LOVE , OH HE CAN QUAOTE ANY SCRIP my friend
BUT BEWARE HIM and HIS MEN , for his version is GONNA CAUSE UNBEIEF and DISOBEDIANCE .
THERE LOVE DOES THIS . OOPS . satan knows how to DECIEVE
and HE and his men can wear more than prada too . THEY CAN WEAR EVEN WOOL . YES EVEN WOOL .

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did John do to the angel? (Rev 19:10)
Am I remembering correcting, that Watchtower teaching is that Michael took the persona of Jesus for the purpose of earthly life, and offering his sacrifice, and then resumed being Michael having returned to heaven? Or am I mistaken about that?

Much love!

• Love

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last I remember they got off the "michael" thingy.

Our Readers Ask . . .

Is Jesus the Archangel Michael?

▪ Put simply, the answer is yes. The custom of being called by more than one name is common in many cultures. The same situation occurs with names in the Bible. For example, the patriarch Jacob is also named Israel. (Genesis 35:10) The apostle Peter is named in five different ways—Symeon, Simon, Peter, Cephas, and Simon Peter. (Matthew 10:2; 16:16; John 1:42; Acts 15:7, 14) How can we be sure that Michael is another name for Jesus? Consider the following Scriptural evidence.

<snip>

So Michael the archangel is Jesus in his prehuman existence. After his resurrection and return to heaven, Jesus resumed his service as Michael, the chief angel, “to the glory of God the Father.”—Philippians 2:11.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Philippians 2:9-11 KJV
9) Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10) That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
11) And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Not at the name of Michael, at the Name of Jesus!

Much love!

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK. So, you are providing answers rather than ask questions. The purpose of this thread is long gone.

My question to you is, so what about the Angel Michael thingy?
Were you aware of this JW doctrine? You can read more about it at the link I gave.

Much love!

Reactions: amigo de christo