A real Christian ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
ZebraHug said:
If you're stating can one be a Christian and yet discredit the Penteceach or however you spell it, :p then my answer would be, "No."

Once you remove ANY book in the Bible, you have just thrown a shadow over the authenticity of it all. If the books of Moses are flawed, what about the rest of the Bible? You can't remove anything from the Bible without serious ramifications.
For the sake of your eternal soul, I'm grateful that you are entirely wrong. Protestants removed several books from the original Biblical canon affirmed by the church councils of Rome and Hippo in the 4th century.

But more to address several posts in this thread, I have to ask how people who claim we are saved by grace continue to find ways to make salvation predicated on works?

Theodore A. Jones

Aug 15, 2011
Tex said:
To be saved, you do not need any sort of knowledge or any sort of work. The unborn can be saved, and they have done nothing and know pretty close to nothing.

Salvation is a gift from God, based on the gift of faith. It does not depend upon knowledge of what Moses wrote or adherence to the law of Moses. Our "good" works are like bloody rags. Our knowledge is less than primitive. We all fall short of the glory of God, and it is by God's mercy that we are picked up.

It is true that if someone refused to listen to the prophets, they would refuse Someone coming back to life. That is not the same topic. Salvation is not for me to gain, but a gift of the Lord.
So then if your stated assumption is true the following quote is false correct? "For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Rom. 2:13, and the fact according to the scripture of there being a change of the law after Jesus' ascension is just more poppycock in your opinion? Right?

Tex

Jun 29, 2014
Theodore A. Jones said:
So then if your stated assumption is true the following quote is false correct? "For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God's sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous." Rom. 2:13, and the fact according to the scripture of there being a change of the law after Jesus' ascension is just more poppycock in your opinion? Right?
No.

and the fact according to the scripture of there being a change of the law after Jesus' ascension is just more poppycock in your opinion?
No.

No.