A Scripture that came alive for you

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The very first Scripture that seemed to light up my soul was this one at the end of the book of John.

John 21:25

King James Version

25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

When I first read this, all I wanted to do was go to heaven and sit at Jesus' feet to hear these unwritten stories for myself from His own mouth.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The very first Scripture that seemed to light up my soul was this one at the end of the book of John.

John 21:25​

King James Version​

25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

When I first read this, all I wanted to do was go to heaven and sit at Jesus' feet to hear these unwritten stories for myself from His own mouth.
the opportunity is on its way!

Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It is mind-blowing when one considers all the influences, the circumstances, the people we meet, the choices we make, the events we attend or stay away from, the conversations we have, and then all the things that contributed to those things transpiring, that through it all and despite all, God's power, authority, love, and faithfulness is such that...
KJV Romans 8:28
28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

Reactions: Wynona

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me it's this:

1 Timothy 4:10-11
New International Version
10 That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
2 Corinthians 5:19

For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people's sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
for me it has to be Psalm 23 which although was already well known came alive for me in a very real way as He became my personal shepherd, protecting and providing at a certain point in my life,

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

King James Version​

The one that came alive for me isn't in the abridged bible. It is in the 2nd book of Enoch as found in the dead sea scrolls. In it he visits the 10th heaven and sees God. Something I also saw.

Reactions: Wynona and Pearl

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Philippians 3:13-14
NIV
---
...I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it.
But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward
what is ahead,
I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me
heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have two that change my life… prompted by two different conditions.

When I first got into biblical research (which was a while and half ago) on occasions I would still partake of the devils lettuce.

One night I got ripped and started reading the Word….and this was the scripture.

Eph 3:5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

To my toasted amazement…. no person who had ever read the Word …ever saw the word ~IT.~ …. That’s correct…. I had discovered the word IT and I spent a couple of hours rolling that in my newly enlightened brain ….before I started calling a few close believers in the fellowship and expounding on the word. ….. A couple of them engaged me in convo, but the others are like …..“are you ok, Tom” ….

WHAT ….don’t you see it? ….It says ~ IT ~

Fast forward to the next morning ….. I wake up, ready to let the world know my discovery of … IT.

As I read through the scripture and got to the word that was going to alter biblical history …. ......it read only → it.

Of course the word “it” does encompass the mystery which is absolutely paramount to us in this day and age of grace …..But where I was going with the previous night … no man has ever ventured before….nor should they.

I don’t know what that was dusted with but the moral of the story is (there are a few) but ….“no read with weed” is primary.

The other scripture:

When I first read Ephesians and came across

Eph 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

This blew my mind… Not just what the words communicate ….but what they mean from Gods heart (metaphorically speaking) to us. Not just that He is going to show us the exceeding riches of His grace in Kindness toward us …. But what does it mean from Gods standard. We can think in terms of natural man standards, but I don’t know if I can grasp what exceeding riches or kindness is …that comes from God. And He is going to do that for the ….ages …. ages ….. ages …. to come ….for us.

There is nothing I could do that would earn that ….that is GRACE.

Reactions: Pearl

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

King James Version​

Sister you have been missing . Has little naomi come into the world . cause i know that due date is A mere days away .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When finding out it was the Word of God, that God worked through allowing all things to be created through - the Word.

In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

Hebrew 1:1-3

Amazing, to see that the Word that became Flesh was the one whom was given the ability to create everything in his original state before coming down.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When finding out it was the Word of God, that God worked through allowing all things to be created through - the Word.

In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

Hebrew 1:1-3

Amazing, to see that the Word that became Flesh was the one whom was given the ability to create everything in his original state before coming down.
ITs also amazingly sad to see many who claim HIS NAME seem to omit some of HIS teachings .
A lot of folks can marvel about aspects of GOD and of CHRIST
and yet they sure seem to TWIST HIS BIBLICAL TEACHINGS . just a super friendly reminder to all of us .
IF we believe JESUS is who HE IS . Then why on earth are so many so fast to just kick aside some of his warnings
and teachings . Just another friendly reminder .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ITs also amazingly sad to see many who claim HIS NAME seem to omit some of HIS teachings .
and yet they sure seem to TWIST HIS BIBLICAL TEACHINGS . just a super friendly reminder to all of us .
IF we believe JESUS is who HE IS . Then why on earth are so many so fast to just kick aside some of his warnings
Hello Amigo,

???

Love to you,
Matthew

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I don't think anyone intentionally kicked aside ....This was a "What Scripture" post .....
But I ask .....what scripture in the New Testament is not given by Jesus Christ? ...... all things being equal ....the entire borders of the New Testament were given by revelation of/from Jesus Christ, as He is is given authority as the head of the Church ....and therefore all the scripture contained within that are from Him.....the only real difference is the change of covenant from the gospels.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

2 Chronicles 20:15-17
He said: “Listen, . . . . . This is what the Lord says to you: ‘Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s. Tomorrow march down against them. . . . . . You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you, . . . Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the Lord will be with you.’”

There was one specific incident that needed dealing with. I was scared and prayed and this passage was the answer and it has been the answer to many other circumstances too.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Job 5:24
You will know that your tent is secure;

This is another that I took to heart before my first time in a tent at the Dales bible week back in August 1984. There had been a heatwave during the preceding weeks and the first night under canvas the heavens opened with a mighty storm. It woke me from my sleep and when i looked out everybody was out tightening their guy ropes. But as promised our tent remained secure the wind didn't budge it or the rain damage it in any way. The only casualty and a daily reminder of that night is my old wooden pepper grinder which must have been against the canvas. It got wet and split from top to bottom but healed and is still in use all these years later. God honours his promises.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was maybe 20 years ago, my younger sister wrote to tell me she had been in therapy, and seemed to be remembering a lot of things from childhood, and, did that stuff all really happen?

I spent about 2 hours answering her (library email) with my recollections of our childhood, and, yes, that all really DID happen! As I went out to my car, I was an emotional wreck!

I sat down in my car, and turned on the radio. It cut into someone saying, "Psalm 27:10, When my father and mother forsake me, the Lord will take me up." I cried like a baby!

Much love!

Reactions: MatthewG and Pearl

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The first chapter of Ephesians brought me to my knees as I realised that The God of creation was actually interested in me. I felt of little value on the inside at the time. The tears just flowed x

Proverbs 3:5-6 are two verses that The lord always places in my path when I am really struggling- maybe on the forum, reading a book, through a person, somehow it just gives me a jolt to step back and know there is a much bigger picture l