A serious questions for the Jehovah's Witnesses on these threads.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I do not use slick reasoning like the Watchtower has indoctrinated you with.

If you can show me that fir trees belong to demons during what is called the Christmas season, along with gifts and decorations and Christmas hams and turkeys and that Dec. 25th itself belongs to demons and not God- I will listen. Otherwise you are simply one who has a weak conscience and looks at the external and no the heart like God does.

But Gods INspired Word says all the fir trees belong to God. All 365 days belong to god. All gifts and ornaments and haqms and turkeys belong to god.

1 Corinthians 8​

King James Version​

8 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.
2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.
4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.
5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
7 Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.
8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

If you wish to think that putting a tree in your house to honor th ebirth of Jesus on a day the Lord has made is demonic- that is your privilege and right! And I will defend you not celebrating!

But if one wishes to honor the birth of Jesus on Dec. 25th ( and not bacchus or Saturn or Santa or Saturnalia or anything else) and puts all that up to honor th eLord, I will defend their right and privilege to do so as well!

Romans 14​

King James Version​

14 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Once again you have not shown why we should reject Gods Word and accept those man made Watchtower lies!
You continue to lie to yourself and attach what belongs to demons with God and his truth and think that's ok with God, but God nor his truth has anything in common with demons

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as there contains nothing off the table of demons--that is understood by all who know the bible-1Cor 10:21--santa is satan. Its a celebration of the world. One is to remain spotless from the world. James 1:27
Nominated for dumbest thing said in this thread, "santa is satan". St Nick was a well known Saint.
Who is St. Nicholas?
The true story of Santa Claus begins with Nicholas, who was born during the third century in the village of Patara in Asia Minor. At the time the area was Greek and is now on the southern coast of Turkey. His wealthy parents, who raised him to be a devout Christian, died in an epidemic while Nicholas was still young. Obeying Jesus' words to "sell what you own and give the money to the poor," Nicholas used his whole inheritance to assist the needy, the sick, and the suffering. He dedicated his life to serving God and was made Bishop of Myra while still a young man. Bishop Nicholas became known throughout the land for his generosity to those in need, his love for children, and his concern for sailors and ships.

Under the Roman Emperor Diocletian, who ruthlessly persecuted Christians, Bishop Nicholas suffered for his faith, was exiled and imprisoned. The prisons were so full of bishops, priests, and deacons, there was no room for the real criminals—murderers, thieves and robbers. After his release, Nicholas attended the Council of Nicaea in AD 325. He died December 6, AD 343 in Myra and was buried in his cathedral church, where a unique relic, called manna, formed in his grave. This liquid substance, said to have healing powers, fostered the growth of devotion to Nicholas. The anniversary of his death became a day of celebration, St. Nicholas Day, December 6th (December 19 on the Julian Calendar).

Through the centuries many stories and legends have been told of St. Nicholas' life and deeds. These accounts help us understand his extraordinary character and why he is so beloved and revered as protector and helper of those in need.

You can read the rest.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nominated for dumbest thing said in this thread, "santa is satan". St Nick was a well known Saint.
Who is St. Nicholas?
The true story of Santa Claus begins with Nicholas, who was born during the third century in the village of Patara in Asia Minor. At the time the area was Greek and is now on the southern coast of Turkey. His wealthy parents, who raised him to be a devout Christian, died in an epidemic while Nicholas was still young. Obeying Jesus' words to "sell what you own and give the money to the poor," Nicholas used his whole inheritance to assist the needy, the sick, and the suffering. He dedicated his life to serving God and was made Bishop of Myra while still a young man. Bishop Nicholas became known throughout the land for his generosity to those in need, his love for children, and his concern for sailors and ships.

Under the Roman Emperor Diocletian, who ruthlessly persecuted Christians, Bishop Nicholas suffered for his faith, was exiled and imprisoned. The prisons were so full of bishops, priests, and deacons, there was no room for the real criminals—murderers, thieves and robbers. After his release, Nicholas attended the Council of Nicaea in AD 325. He died December 6, AD 343 in Myra and was buried in his cathedral church, where a unique relic, called manna, formed in his grave. This liquid substance, said to have healing powers, fostered the growth of devotion to Nicholas. The anniversary of his death became a day of celebration, St. Nicholas Day, December 6th (December 19 on the Julian Calendar).

Through the centuries many stories and legends have been told of St. Nicholas' life and deeds. These accounts help us understand his extraordinary character and why he is so beloved and revered as protector and helper of those in need.

You can read the rest.
Did Santa slap Arius? Let’s Stop Celebrating St. Nicholas Punching Arius

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many words used by JW's that are not in the Bible.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I do not use slick reasoning like the Watchtower has indoctrinated you with.

If you can show me that fir trees belong to demons during what is called the Christmas season, along with gifts and decorations and Christmas hams and turkeys and that Dec. 25th itself belongs to demons and not God- I will listen. Otherwise you are simply one who has a weak conscience and looks at the external and no the heart like God does.

But Gods INspired Word says all the fir trees belong to God. All 365 days belong to god. All gifts and ornaments and haqms and turkeys belong to god.

1 Corinthians 8​

King James Version​

8 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.
2 And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
3 But if any man love God, the same is known of him.
4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.
5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
7 Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.
8 But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.

If you wish to think that putting a tree in your house to honor th ebirth of Jesus on a day the Lord has made is demonic- that is your privilege and right! And I will defend you not celebrating!

But if one wishes to honor the birth of Jesus on Dec. 25th ( and not bacchus or Saturn or Santa or Saturnalia or anything else) and puts all that up to honor th eLord, I will defend their right and privilege to do so as well!

Romans 14​

King James Version​

14 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Once again you have not shown why we should reject Gods Word and accept those man made Watchtower lies!
You could also remind him that Easter did make it into the Bible. Passover is the correct translation though Acts 12:4 KJV

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is St. Nicholas?

You can read the rest.
That saint Nick is not the fat guy in a red suit who comes down chimneys--that one is a lie that is associated with a celebration to Jesus. Lies come off the table of demons. The fat guy in a red suit started Friday, continues for 31 days stealing the attention away from Jesus who gets what? Even Dec 25th morning=santa first. Nothing Jesus would ever accept.
Dont forget, Jesus is Gods image. God exacts exclusive devotion, thus so does Jesus, he wouldnt share his celebration with a lie.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God sees us as individual children not as a group.
Stand on what God shows you individually regardless of others thoughts or opinions are

In effect we still live in this world but Jesus prayed that we would be kept from the evils of the world.

If any have " freedom " in Christ,do not let others bind you by what they think. All we owe one another is to love one another.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Learner

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as there contains nothing off the table of demons--that is understood by all who know the bible-1Cor 10:21--santa is satan. Its a celebration of the world. One is to remain spotless from the world. James 1:27

Still waiting for you to show me a Christmas tree is somehow infused with demons if you put it in your house!

Reactions: The Learner

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You continue to lie to yourself and attach what belongs to demons with God and his truth and think that's ok with God, but God nor his truth has anything in common with demons

So you believe fir trees are attached to demons then? WOW Or is it if you just cut them down and put them in your house? I always thought that God owned all the trees! But maybe Watchtower central has demanded you believe otherwise.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still waiting for you to show me a Christmas tree is somehow infused with demons if you put it in your house!

Lol, if I were to say anything is full of demons we bring into our homes, it would be the television or unparented guidance of the internet !

• Haha
Reactions: Ronald Nolette

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe fir trees are attached to demons then? WOW Or is it if you just cut them down and put them in your house? I always thought that God owned all the trees! But maybe Watchtower central has demanded you believe otherwise.
curious aside on how fir trees were used in Biblical times.

"Hermon was famous for fir trees, which were used to built the Phoenician ships (Eze. 27:5). See De. 3:9, which identifies Senir with Hermon."

"
“The glory of Lebanon will come to you,

the juniper, the fir and the cypress together,

to adorn my sanctuary;

and I will glorify the place for my feet.

(Is. 60:13, NIV)

The Hebrew word (theashshur), which some versions of the Bible (including the NIV) translate as “fir tree”, is mentioned very few times in the Bible (Isaiah 41: 19; and 60:13), and it is generally for the purpose of drawing attention to the future glory of the temple in Jerusalem that would be built with the noble wood of the cypress, elm and fir tree.

The scarcity of references puzzled the translators and, at times the same term was translated as “cedar”, “poplar” and even “cypress” as it was thought that fir trees did not exist in Biblical lands.

" The fir tree: the glory of Lebanon

Samuel-2 6:5
And David and all the house of Israel played before the LORD on all manner of [instruments made of] fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.

Kings-1 5:8
And Hiram sent to Solomon, saying, I have considered the things which thou sentest to me for: [and] I will do all thy desire concerning timber of cedar, and concerning timber of fir.

Kings-1 5:10
So Hiram gave Solomon cedar trees and fir trees [according to] all his desire.

Kings-1 6:15
And he built the walls of the house within with boards of cedar, both the floor of the house, and the walls of the ceiling: [and] he covered [them] on the inside with wood, and covered the floor of the house with planks of fir.

Kings-1 6:34
And the two doors [were of] fir tree: the two leaves of the one door [were] folding, and the two leaves of the other door [were] folding.

Kings-1 9:11
([Now] Hiram the king of Tyre had furnished Solomon with cedar trees and fir trees, and with gold, according to all his desire,) that then king Solomon gave Hiram twenty cities in the land of Galilee.

Kings-2 19:23
By thy messengers thou hast reproached the Lord, and hast said, With the multitude of my chariots I am come up to the height of the mountains, to the sides of Lebanon, and will cut down the tall cedar trees thereof, [and] the choice fir trees thereof: and I will enter into the lodgings of his borders, [and into] the forest of his Carmel.

Chronicles-2 2:8
Send me also cedar trees, fir trees, and algum trees, out of Lebanon: for I know that thy servants can skill to cut timber in Lebanon; and, behold, my servants [shall be] with thy servants,

Chronicles-2 3:5
And the greater house he ceiled with fir tree, which he overlaid with fine gold, and set thereon palm trees and chains.

Song-of-Solomon 1:17
The beams of our house [are] cedar, [and] our rafters of fir.

Isaiah 14:8
Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, [and] the cedars of Lebanon, [saying], Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.

Isaiah 37:24
By thy servants hast thou reproached the Lord, and hast said, By the multitude of my chariots am I come up to the height of the mountains, to the sides of Lebanon; and I will cut down the tall cedars thereof, [and] the choice fir trees thereof: and I will enter into the height of his border, [and] the forest of his Carmel.

Isaiah 41:19
I will plant in the wilderness the cedar, the shittah tree, and the myrtle, and the oil tree; I will set in the desert the fir tree, [and] the pine, and the box tree together:

Isaiah 55:13
Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the LORD for a name, for an everlasting sign [that] shall not be cut off.

Isaiah 60:13
The glory of Lebanon shall come unto thee, the fir tree, the pine tree, and the box together, to beautify the place of my sanctuary; and I will make the place of my feet glorious.

Ezekiel 27:5
They have made all thy [ship] boards of fir trees of Senir: they have taken cedars from Lebanon to make masts for thee.

Ezekiel 31:8
The cedars in the garden of God could not hide him: the fir trees were not like his boughs, and the chestnut trees were not like his branches; nor any tree in the garden of God was like unto him in his beauty.

Hosea 14:8
Ephraim [shall say], What have I to do any more with idols? I have heard [him], and observed him: I [am] like a green fir tree. From me is thy fruit found.

Nahum 2:3
The shield of his mighty men is made red, the valiant men [are] in scarlet: the chariots [shall be] with flaming torches in the day of his preparation, and the fir trees shall be terribly shaken.

Zecharia 11:2
Howl, fir tree; for the cedar is fallen; because the mighty are spoiled: howl, O ye oaks of Bashan; for the forest of the vintage is come down.

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Kings 6:15 And he built the walls of the house within with boards of cedar, both the floor of the house, and the walls of the cieling: and he covered them on the inside with wood, and covered the floor of the house with planks of fir.
1 Kings 6:34 And the two doors were of fir tree: the two leaves of the one door were folding, and the two leaves of the other door were folding.
Song of Solomon 1:17 The beams of our house are cedar, and our rafters of fir.
Ships made of
Ezekiel 27:5 They have made all thy ship boards of fir trees of Senir: they have taken cedars from Lebanon to make masts for thee.
Instruments of music made of
2 Samuel 6:5 And David and all the house of Israel played before the LORD on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.