A serious questions for the Jehovah's Witnesses on these threads.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We will find out when we both have to stand before God!
In view of Matthew 7:21-23.....it seems as if those who will qualify as “goats” in that judgment, demonstrate that they had no idea that what they were doing, was wrong.....they try to offer their justifications to Jesus as Jehovah’s appointed judge, but it falls on deaf ears.....his rejection of them is absolute, because he tells them that he has NEVER KNOWN them.......”NEVER” means “NOT EVER”. Think about that.

The religious system of which you are all a part, is going to be dispensed with, just as Judaism was, due to their defection from the truth of God’s word centuries ago. Their adoption of “the commands of men” substituted for the word of God, (Matthew 15:7-9) made their entire religious existence, repugnant to the God they claimed to worship.

History repeats because humans think that they can pick and choose what they will obey, and what they can ignore with impunity, in the scriptures. They think that they are free to evaluate what is acceptable to God and what isn’t.....when the truth is....what is acceptable to man, if it goes contrary to all of what is taught in scripture, is never acceptable to God.
If making our own rules (based on the interpretation of one or two ambiguous verses taken out of context) was valid, then why do we have the entirety of scripture upon which to base our beliefs, attitudes and conduct? The whole Bible give us the whole picture of the true God, and what he expects of his worshippers....and always has.

The whole reason that we are living this life, is for God to find out from our thinking and behavior, who is like Adam and Eve, and who is like Abel, the first righteous man in scripture, (despite his being born with the burden of sin). God is choosing citizens for his incoming Kingdom, and we are showing him every day of our lives, who is obedient when it is difficult, and who can stand up for the truth when the majority are going in the opposite direction. Who has the majority under his control? (1 John 5:19)

Who are the “few” who will be found on the “cramped” and difficult road to life? (Matthew 7:13-14)
Why is that road “cramped”?
Why is the entryway “narrow”.
Why are the majority on the wrong road....a dead end....?
You tell me.....

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who were the Magi that visited the young child Jesus?

Here are some scholarly opinions....
(Matthew 2:1-16)
Commenting on who these maʹgoi were, The Imperial Bible-Dictionary (Vol. II, p. 139) says: “According to Herodotus the magi were a tribe of the Medes [I, 101], who professed to interpret dreams, and had the official charge of sacred rites . . . they were, in short, the learned and priestly class, and having, as was supposed, the skill of deriving from books and the observation of the stars a supernatural insight into coming events . . . Later investigations tend rather to make Babylon than Media and Persia the centre of full-blown magianism. ‘Originally, the Median priests were not called magi . . . From the Chaldeans, however, they received the name of magi for their priestly caste, and it is thus we are to explain what Herodotus says of the magi being a Median tribe’ . . . (J. C. Müller in Herzog’s Encl.).”—Edited by P. Fairbairn, London.

Rightly, then, Justin Martyr, Origen, and Tertullian, when reading Matthew 2:1, thought of maʹgoi as astrologers. Tertullian wrote (“On Idolatry,” IX): “We know the mutual alliance of magic and astrology. The interpreters of the stars, then, were the first . . . to present Him [Jesus] ‘gifts.’” (The Ante-Nicene Fathers, 1957, Vol. III, p. 65)
"The name Magi became current “as a generic term for astrologers in the East.”
(The New Funk & Wagnalls Encyclopedia, 1952, Vol. 22, p. 8076.)

So the circumstantial evidence is strong that the maʹgoi who visited the infant Jesus were astrologers. Thus The New Testament translated by C. B. Williams reads “star-gazers,” with a footnote in explanation: “This is, students of stars in relation to events on earth.” Fittingly, then, modern English translations read “astrologers” at Matthew 2:1 (AT, NE, NW).
So regardless of what others say, the Bible itself does not say that God sent the Magi to find Jesus....nor does it tell us how many there were.
There is no factual basis for the traditional notion that there were three. (Matthew 2:1, 11)

As astrologers, and diviners, they were servants of false gods and were, wittingly or unwittingly, led by what appeared to them as a moving “star.” They alerted Herod to the fact that the “king of the Jews” had been born, and Herod, in turn, sought to have Jesus killed. As we know, the plot failed. Jehovah intervened and proved superior to the demon gods who led the astrologers, so instead of returning to Herod, the astrologers headed home another way after being given “divine warning in a dream.” (Matthew 2:2, 12) The true God communicated with these dupes in their own "language".

The "star" that has pride of place on the Christmas tree, is therefore more connected to satan that to Jehovah or his son.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who were the Magi that visited the young child Jesus?

Here are some scholarly opinions....
(Matthew 2:1-16)
Commenting on who these maʹgoi were, The Imperial Bible-Dictionary (Vol. II, p. 139) says: “According to Herodotus the magi were a tribe of the Medes [I, 101], who professed to interpret dreams, and had the official charge of sacred rites . . . they were, in short, the learned and priestly class, and having, as was supposed, the skill of deriving from books and the observation of the stars a supernatural insight into coming events . . . Later investigations tend rather to make Babylon than Media and Persia the centre of full-blown magianism. ‘Originally, the Median priests were not called magi . . . From the Chaldeans, however, they received the name of magi for their priestly caste, and it is thus we are to explain what Herodotus says of the magi being a Median tribe’ . . . (J. C. Müller in Herzog’s Encl.).”—Edited by P. Fairbairn, London.

Rightly, then, Justin Martyr, Origen, and Tertullian, when reading Matthew 2:1, thought of maʹgoi as astrologers. Tertullian wrote (“On Idolatry,” IX): “We know the mutual alliance of magic and astrology. The interpreters of the stars, then, were the first . . . to present Him [Jesus] ‘gifts.’” (The Ante-Nicene Fathers, 1957, Vol. III, p. 65)
"The name Magi became current “as a generic term for astrologers in the East.”
(The New Funk & Wagnalls Encyclopedia, 1952, Vol. 22, p. 8076.)

So the circumstantial evidence is strong that the maʹgoi who visited the infant Jesus were astrologers. Thus The New Testament translated by C. B. Williams reads “star-gazers,” with a footnote in explanation: “This is, students of stars in relation to events on earth.” Fittingly, then, modern English translations read “astrologers” at Matthew 2:1 (AT, NE, NW).
So regardless of what others say, the Bible itself does not say that God sent the Magi to find Jesus....nor does it tell us how many there were.
There is no factual basis for the traditional notion that there were three. (Matthew 2:1, 11)

As astrologers, and diviners, they were servants of false gods and were, wittingly or unwittingly, led by what appeared to them as a moving “star.” They alerted Herod to the fact that the “king of the Jews” had been born, and Herod, in turn, sought to have Jesus killed. As we know, the plot failed. Jehovah intervened and proved superior to the demon gods who led the astrologers, so instead of returning to Herod, the astrologers headed home another way after being given “divine warning in a dream.” (Matthew 2:2, 12) The true God communicated with these dupes in their own "language".

The "star" that has pride of place on the Christmas tree, is therefore more connected to satan that to Jehovah or his son.
LOL

Reactions: Charlie24

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In view of Matthew 7:21-23.....it seems as if those who will qualify as “goats” in that judgment, demonstrate that they had no idea that what they were doing, was wrong.....they try to offer their justifications to Jesus as Jehovah’s appointed judge, but it falls on deaf ears.....his rejection of them is absolute, because he tells them that he has NEVER KNOWN them.......”NEVER” means “NOT EVER”. Think about that.

The religious system of which you are all a part, is going to be dispensed with, just as Judaism was, due to their defection from the truth of God’s word centuries ago. Their adoption of “the commands of men” substituted for the word of God, (Matthew 15:7-9) made their entire religious existence, repugnant to the God they claimed to worship.

History repeats because humans think that they can pick and choose what they will obey, and what they can ignore with impunity, in the scriptures. They think that they are free to evaluate what is acceptable to God and what isn’t.....when the truth is....what is acceptable to man, if it goes contrary to all of what is taught in scripture, is never acceptable to God.
If making our own rules (based on the interpretation of one or two ambiguous verses taken out of context) was valid, then why do we have the entirety of scripture upon which to base our beliefs, attitudes and conduct? The whole Bible give us the whole picture of the true God, and what he expects of his worshippers....and always has.

The whole reason that we are living this life, is for God to find out from our thinking and behavior, who is like Adam and Eve, and who is like Abel, the first righteous man in scripture, (despite his being born with the burden of sin). God is choosing citizens for his incoming Kingdom, and we are showing him every day of our lives, who is obedient when it is difficult, and who can stand up for the truth when the majority are going in the opposite direction. Who has the majority under his control? (1 John 5:19)

Who are the “few” who will be found on the “cramped” and difficult road to life? (Matthew 7:13-14)
You tell me.....
, No you have told us. Only those who belong to your denomination are on the right road according to you. Be careful you may be in for a rude awakening one day.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No you have told us.
And that is all I can do....its up to you whether you believe me or not.....if the scriptures do not convict you...what hope do I have?
Only those who belong to your denomination are on the right road according to you.
If I didn't think so I would not have stayed with them these 50 years.....they tick all the boxes for me.....
Be careful you may be in for a rude awakening one day.
I hope those words do not come back upon yourself......its not the majority of those who justify wrong conduct who are on the right road....its the "few" who are standing firm for the truth...a 'hated and persecuted minority' who will be granted entry into God's Kingdom. (John 15:18-21)

We will all see...soon enough.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that is all I can do....its up to you whether you believe me or not.....if the scriptures do not convict you...what hope do I have?

If I didn't think so I would not have stayed with them these 50 years.....they tick all the boxes for me.....

I hope those words do not come back upon yourself......its not the majority of those who justify wrong conduct who are on the right road....its the "few" who are standing firm for the truth...a 'hated and persecuted minority' who will be granted entry into God's Kingdom. (John 15:18-21)

We will all see...soon enough.
Look at who is doing the hating. I only trust the Bible, not someone else’s interpretation of it.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Look at who is doing the hating.
What hating? Is telling the truth "hating"......or is it loving to try to correct something that is wrong on so many levels?
This is not the first time that the majority are wrong about so many things.....its all happened before and a small minority were used by God to facilitate a correction, not amongst the stubborn Jews, who were unwilling to change their ways, but among the "lost sheep" who were searching for a God that cared about them and wanted them to be clean in his eyes......but first they had to shed the shackles of Judaism and embrace the worship promoted by Jesus and those he taught. These had the strength to stand up for the truth in spite of the opposition that was brought upon them by those who claimed to worship the same God.
I only trust the Bible, not someone else’s interpretation of it.
Apparently you don't trust the Bible, just your own favored interpretation of it. The scriptures I have shared have had no impact on you at all....yet, they could not be plainer.....but so be it. I am merely a messenger with an unpopular message....like Noah, it is ridiculed and ignored, (Matthew 24:37-39) but you see, that is not my problem....it wasn't Noah's problem either.....he did all that God asked of him, and warned the people about what was coming.....the rest was up to them. You have been told the truth, and your choices reflect what is in your heart.....that is why the gospel, and all that is connected with it was to be preached in all the world.....to 'separate the sheep from the goats' before Christ arrives to judge to pass sentence on us all. We are either saved or condemned, simply by the choices we make....the ones that show how important God's opinion is to us, rather than just our own.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What hating? Is telling the truth "hating"......or is it loving to try to correct something that is wrong on so many levels?
This is not the first time that the majority are wrong about so many things.....its all happened before and a small minority were used by God to facilitate a correction, not amongst the stubborn Jews, who were unwilling to change their ways, but among the "lost sheep" who were searching for a God that cared about them and wanted them to be clean in his eyes......but first they had to shed the shackles of Judaism and embrace the worship promoted by Jesus and those he taught. These had the strength to stand up for the truth in spite of the opposition that was brought upon them by those who claimed to worship the same God.

Apparently you don't trust the Bible, just your own favored interpretation of it. The scriptures I have shared have had no impact on you at all....yet, they could not be plainer.....but so be it. I am merely a messenger with an unpopular message....like Noah, it is ridiculed and ignored, (Matthew 24:37-39) but you see, that is not my problem....it wasn't Noah's problem either.....he did all that God asked of him, and warned the people about what was coming.....the rest was up to them. You have been told the truth, and your choices reflect what is in your heart.....that is why the gospel, and all that is connected with it was to be preached in all the world.....to 'separate the sheep from the goats' before Christ arrives to judge to pass sentence on us all. We are either saved or condemned, simply by the choices we make....the ones that show how important God's opinion is to us, rather than just our own.
It’s sad to see people so dedicated to something that is wrong. You follow your denomination’s interpretation of scripture and can’t see the plain truth. I have been to the Kingdom Hall. It didn’t change my mind or my beliefs then and you don’t change them now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Charlie24

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes we will. I will pray on your behalf.
I would be unloving to you if I did not say the next thing. Your prayers will be unheard. Because you deny the physical resurrection of Jesus from the grave, you are not a child of God and thus prayers die shortly after they leave your mouth.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You tell me.....
Gladly. Because it is only those who are trusting in Christ alone for their salvation that are on that road. Those in the sects of Christendom that are trusting in Jesus plus works and those outside of Christendom are lost. Those who reject the physcial resurrection of Jesus for their sins are not on that road also.

Which is why all who follow the Watchtower are in mortal danger.

I take the whole counsel of Scripture and form conclusions. You OTOH take the word of a man made organization and their "reasonings" as the gospel. It doesn't matter if their "reasonings" explicitly contradict Scripture, you will accept that as truth instead of Gods Word. And when shown they are contradicting Gods Word- you come up with your subtle philosophical arguments to defend false doctrine.

Reactions: RLT63

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It’s sad to see people so dedicated to something that is wrong. You follow your denomination’s interpretation of scripture and can’t see the plain truth. I have been to the Kingdom Hall. It didn’t change my mind or my beliefs then and you don’t change them now.
Then it’s time to “shake off the dust” and move on.....right?
This is the time for decisions and we have both made them according to what is in our heart. Sincerity is definitely required, but it’s not enough, if what we have been led to believe is the product of the greatest deceiver in existence......our individual destinies are set...and we have set them by our own choices.

We know that Jesus, Peter and Paul all warned of a coming “apostasy” (a falling away of the Christian Faith) but when was this to take place?

Paul answers......
6 And now you know what is acting as a restraint, so that he will be revealed in his own due time. 7 True, the mystery of this lawlessness is already at work, but only until the one who is right now acting as a restraint is out of the way. 8 Then, indeed, the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will do away with by the spirit of his mouth and bring to nothing by the manifestation of his presence. 9 But the lawless one’s presence is by the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders 10 and every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth in order that they might be saved. 11 That is why God lets a deceptive influence mislead them so that they may come to believe the lie, 12 in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness.(2 Thessalonians 2:6-12)

That apostasy was already “at work “ when Paul wrote his letter to the Thessalonians.....the apostles were acting as a restraint back in the first century, but when the last apostle, John passed away, there was no longer anything to hold it back. History tells us what happened......and the ones deceived by this apostasy are the ones clinging to the multitude of divided churches of Christendom. These all sprang from one disgusting “mother” who held them in ignorant captivity for centuries.......the time came for God’s word to be given back to the common man to read it for themselves, so they rose up and left their “mother”. But alas, they took the foundations of her false teachings with them.

Was a uniting of the Christian Faith accomplished by this? No! By believing the various teachings of their chosen leaders (some of whom claimed to be prophets) they followed the teachings of men, interpreting the scriptures as they saw them. Can they all be right? Satan is a clever deceiver, so how can we be sure that what we believe is truth? Do the deceived know that they are?

Do you see how God works? He releases and liberates the ones who hear the truth declared by his servants, and acts on it......but he leaves the others to their chosen delusions. Right up to the end they will believe that they had it all right, but Christ will pull the rug out from underneath them with a stinging rejection. (Matthew 7:21-23)

The fact is, none of us will know until that day if, by our conduct, we have proven to be acceptable to Jehovah and his son....or whether we are merely acceptable to other men. Christ knows those who belong to him.....those are the “few” found to be “doing the will” of his Father.

One truth is inescapable.......No one can come to the Father except through Christ......and no one can come to Christ without an invitation from his God and Father. (John 14:6; John 6:65)

Last edited:

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would be unloving to you if I did not say the next thing. Your prayers will be unheard. Because you deny the physical resurrection of Jesus from the grave, you are not a child of God and thus prayers die shortly after they leave your mouth.
Jesus was raised in the spirit. You are no ones judge.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the time for decisions and we have both made them according to what is in our heart. Sincerity is definitely required, but it’s not enough, if what we have been led to believe is the product of the greatest deceiver in existence......our individual destines are set...and we have set them by our own choices.

We know that Jesus, Peter and Paul all warned of a coming “apostasy” (a falling away of the Christian Faith) but when was this to take place?

Paul answers......
6 And now you know what is acting as a restraint, so that he will be revealed in his own due time. 7 True, the mystery of this lawlessness is already at work, but only until the one who is right now acting as a restraint is out of the way. 8 Then, indeed, the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will do away with by the spirit of his mouth and bring to nothing by the manifestation of his presence. 9 But the lawless one’s presence is by the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and wonders 10 and every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth in order that they might be saved. 11 That is why God lets a deceptive influence mislead them so that they may come to believe the lie, 12 in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness.(2 Thessalonians 2:6-12)

That apostasy was already “at work “ when Paul wrote his letter to the Thessalonians.....the apostles were acting as a restraint back in the first century, but when the last apostle, John passed away, there was no longer anything to hold it back. History tells us what happened......and the ones deceived by this apostasy are the ones clinging to the multitude of divided churches of Christendom. These all sprang from one disgusting “mother” who held them in ignorant captivity for centuries.......the time came for God’s word to be given back to the common man to read it for themselves, so they rose up and left their “mother”. But alas, they took the foundations of her false teachings with them.

Was a uniting of the Christian Faith accomplished by this? No! By believing the various teachings of their chosen leaders (some of whom claimed to be prophets) they followed the teachings of men, interpreting the scriptures as they saw them. Can they all be right? Satan is a clever deceiver, so how can we be sure that what we believe is truth? Do the deceived know that they are?

Do you see how God works? He releases and liberates the ones who hear the truth declared by his servants, and acts on it......but he leaves the others to their chosen delusions. Right up to the end they will believe that they had it all right, but Christ will pull the rug out from underneath them with a stinging rejection. (Matthew 7:21-23)

The fact is, none of us will know until that day if, by our conduct, we have proven to be acceptable to Jehovah and his son....or whether we are merely acceptable to other men. Christ knows those who belong to him.....those are the “few” found to be “doing the will” of his Father.

One truth is inescapable.......No one can come to the Father except through Christ......and no one can come to Christ without an invitation from his God and Father. (John 14:6; John 6:65)
You are preaching a gospel of good deeds and that is a false gospel. No one is saved or acceptable by their good deeds.

Ephesians 2:8-10

King James Version

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Good works are a result of our salvation. Only Jesus makes us acceptable to the Father. Teh good works are a result of being accepted by The Father and Son.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was raised in the spirit. You are no ones judge.
Jesus was raised BY the Spirit! Jesus' own words prove the Watchower words a lie!

John 2:18-22

King James Version

18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21 But he spake of the temple of his body.
22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

The Romans and Pharisees did not destroy Jesus' spirit. They destroyed His body (killed) and in three days He rose that BODY from the grave. I think Jesus was smart enough to know the difference between His body and Spirit!

Jesus spoke of the temple of His body!!!!!! Accept that and be saved! Reject it and be damned for eternity! That is the choice Jesus Himself lays before you! It is not I but the very words of God that will condemn you.

Reactions: Wrangler

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the time for decisions and we have both made them according to what is in our heart. Sincerity is definitely required, but it’s not enough, if what we have been led to believe is the product of the greatest deceiver in existence......our individual destines are set...and we have set them by our own choices.

Paul answers......

The restrainer is the Holy Spirit who will not be acting in that role after the rapture. The Antichrist will deceive the world into worshipping him . Notice it says THE ONE who is acting as a restraint. It can’t be the Apostles there was more than ONE Apostle

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was raised BY the Spirit! Jesus' own words prove the Watchower words a lie!

John 2:18-22​

King James Version​

18 Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
21 But he spake of the temple of his body.
22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

The Romans and Pharisees did not destroy Jesus' spirit. They destroyed His body (killed) and in three days He rose that BODY from the grave. I think Jesus was smart enough to know the difference between His body and Spirit!

Jesus spoke of the temple of His body!!!!!! Accept that and be saved! Reject it and be damned for eternity! That is the choice Jesus Himself lays before you! It is not I but the very words of God that will condemn you.
No flesh lives in heaven. Its the spirit realm. His body was raised. You actually think he wanted to remain in the flesh when he was spirit all throughout from his creation onward?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No flesh lives in heaven. Its the spirit realm. His body was raised. You actually think he wanted to remain in the flesh when he was spirit all throughout from his creation onward?
What was the significance of the empty tomb? Where did the body go?

Reactions: Wrangler

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are preaching a gospel of good deeds and that is a false gospel. No one is saved or acceptable by their good deeds.
No one said we were. That is your perception and it is in error.

Ephesians 2:8-10​

King James Version​

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Good works are a result of our salvation. Only Jesus makes us acceptable to the Father. Teh good works are a result of being accepted by The Father and Son.
You are cherry picking again.....trying to fit your beliefs into scripture.

James 2:13-14; 17-26....
"For the one who does not practice mercy will have his judgment without mercy. Mercy triumphs over judgment.
14 Of what benefit is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but he does not have works? That faith cannot save him, can it?. . . . .
So, too, faith by itself, without works, is dead.
18 Nevertheless, someone will say: “You have faith, and I have works. Show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works.” 19 You believe that there is one God, do you? You are doing quite well. And yet the demons believe and shudder. 20 But do you care to know, O empty man, that faith without works is useless? 21 Was not Abraham our father declared righteous by works after he offered up Isaac his son on the altar? 22 You see that his faith was active along with his works and his faith was perfected by his works, 23 and the scripture was fulfilled that says: “Abraham put faith in Jehovah, and it was counted to him as righteousness,” and he came to be called Jehovah’s friend.

24 You see that a man is to be declared righteous by works and not by faith alone. 25 In the same manner, was not Raʹhab the prostitute also declared righteous by works after she received the messengers hospitably and sent them out by another way? 26 Indeed, just as the body without spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead."

Did James contradict Paul or are they on the same page? We need BOTH.....no one is saved by either one on their own merits. You can't have one without the other. We show BY our works that we are genuine Christians.
In the final judgment on this world, it is those found "DOING" the will of God who will be saved. (Matthew 7:21-23) The word in Greek is "poieō" and it involves action.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The restrainer is the Holy Spirit who will not be acting in that role after the rapture. The Antichrist will deceive the world into worshipping him . Notice it says THE ONE who is acting as a restraint. It can’t be the Apostles there was more than ONE Apostle
Yes the restrainer was the holy spirit, operating on the entire body of the apostles as one in Christ.
The scriptures often refer to singular descriptions of a goup of individuals.....the "body of Christ" is not just one person. It is the entire group.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the restrainer was the holy spirit, operating on the entire body of the apostles as one in Christ.
The scriptures often refer to singular descriptions of a goup of individuals.....the "body of Christ" is not just one person. It is the entire group.
The restrainer IS the Holy Spirit and will be until the Church is raptured