A serious questions for the Jehovah's Witnesses on these threads.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still waiting for you to show me a Christmas tree is somehow infused with demons if you put it in your house!
God sees the world participating in the christmas celebration. Its not a biblical celebration. Jesus specifically asked for the last supper events to be remembered and done yearly, the night of the full moon=passover.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God sees us as individual children not as a group.
Stand on what God shows you individually regardless of others thoughts or opinions are

In effect we still live in this world but Jesus prayed that we would be kept from the evils of the world.

If any have " freedom " in Christ,do not let others bind you by what they think. All we owe one another is to love one another.
Yes one group-2 different promises--The little flock( Luke 12:32)Heaven) and the great crowd of other sheep( Earth)= 1 flock.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you believe fir trees are attached to demons then? WOW Or is it if you just cut them down and put them in your house? I always thought that God owned all the trees! But maybe Watchtower central has demanded you believe otherwise.
I don't believe wizards or magic have anything to do with the true God, so I don't celebrate a day that does attach wizardry and magic with that day people celebrate as though what belongs to demons or associated with demons should be celebrated or that wizardry or magic should be attached to that day that they say has to do with the True God YHWH only begotten Son Jesus. Neither do I believe a fertility goddess or anything to do with a fertility goddess has anything to do with the truth about God or his only begotten Son Jesus so I don't celebrate a day that attaches a fertility goddess or what belongs to a fertility goddess to that day as though the True God and his only begotten Son attach themselves or associate with demons as though they're friends. You can believe it's ok to attach wizards and magic, a fertility goddess, and the things associated with a fertility goddess to the truth about the True God YHWH or his only begotten Son Jesus, but I'm not going to agree with that. I believe God and his only begotten Son Jesus are real persons who have nothing in common with demons. The True God YHWH and his only begotten Son Jesus are about love and truth, demons are about hate and lies. Christians are to remember Jesus, the way Jesus said to remember him.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God sees the world participating in the christmas celebration. Its not a biblical celebration. Jesus specifically asked for the last supper events to be remembered and done yearly, the night of the full moon=passover.

Blah-blah-blah. We have beat this horse to death. time to bury the corpse and move on. You will never see the scriptures I posted and I cannot look upon the Watchtower Phariseeism.

Reactions: Charlie24

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe wizards or magic have anything to do with the true God, so I don't celebrate a day that does attach wizardry and magic with that day people celebrate as though what belongs to demons or associated with demons should be celebrated or that wizardry or magic should be attached to that day that they say has to do with the True God YHWH only begotten Son Jesus. Neither do I believe a fertility goddess or anything to do with a fertility goddess has anything to do with the truth about God or his only begotten Son Jesus so I don't celebrate a day that attaches a fertility goddess or what belongs to a fertility goddess to that day as though the True God and his only begotten Son attach themselves or associate with demons as though they're friends. You can believe it's ok to attach wizards and magic, a fertility goddess, and the things associated with a fertility goddess to the truth about the True God YHWH or his only begotten Son Jesus, but I'm not going to agree with that. I believe God and his only begotten Son Jesus are real persons who have nothing in common with demons. The True God YHWH and his only begotten Son Jesus are about love and truth, demons are about hate and lies. Christians are to remember Jesus, the way Jesus said to remember him.
Show me in Scripture where certain days are now demon associated. Show me from SCripture that certain trees are attached to demons.

And you are free to not celebrate. But if people choose to honor the Lord , there is nothing inherently evil with a fir tree being decorated in a home. It is the reason one does it that makes it evil or good. If one wishes to celebrate Jesus birth on Dec. 25th or any day, they also are just as free to celebrate as you are free to not celebrate.

Romans 14

King James Version

14 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

When you judge someone for doing something to honor the Lord your conscience does not allow you to do- you make yourself an idol and become a false god by pronouncing judgments without even knowing the motives. That is the biggest evil at Christmastime.

Reactions: RLT63

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blah-blah-blah. We have beat this horse to death. time to bury the corpse and move on. You will never see the scriptures I posted and I cannot look upon the Watchtower Phariseeism.
By the traditions of men you make the word of God invalid. Mark 7:13-- Is the christmas celebration biblical, or a tradition of men?

Reactions: Aunty Jane

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me in Scripture where certain days are now demon associated. Show me from SCripture that certain trees are attached to demons.

And you are free to not celebrate. But if people choose to honor the Lord , there is nothing inherently evil with a fir tree being decorated in a home. It is the reason one does it that makes it evil or good. If one wishes to celebrate Jesus birth on Dec. 25th or any day, they also are just as free to celebrate as you are free to not celebrate.

Romans 14​

King James Version​

2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.
3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.
4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.
5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

When you judge someone for doing something to honor the Lord your conscience does not allow you to do- you make yourself an idol and become a false god by pronouncing judgments without even knowing the motives. That is the biggest evil at Christmastime.
I'm not going to observe a day that's associated with wizardry and magic. Christmas has always had wizardry and magic associated with it. I don't believe the only begotten Son of God honors what belongs to demons so I don't believe Jesus would ever have Wizardry and magic to be associated with himself. Jesus and demons were enemies not friends so why would Jesus associate with anything like wizardry and magic which belongs to demons.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the traditions of men you make the word of God invalid. Mark 7:13-- Is the christmas celebration biblical, or a tradition of men?

You do not even know what Jesus was talking about! I am not substituting a law of God for a tradition, nor am I making it some kind of holy day of obligation- so your comment is irrelevant. If you would do independent study instead of simply regurgitating what the Watchtower vomits out- you would have known this and not made such a nonsense comment.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not going to observe a day that's associated with wizardry and magic. Christmas has always had wizardry and magic associated with it. I don't believe the only begotten Son of God honors what belongs to demons so I don't believe Jesus would ever have Wizardry and magic to be associated with himself. Jesus and demons were enemies not friends so why would Jesus associate with anything like wizardry and magic which belongs to demons.
Well you are entitled to believe what you want! But the Word of God explicitly disagrees with you !

Once again Gods Word you fail to address!

Romans 14

King James Version

If you judge someone else you have made yourself a false god!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You do not even know what Jesus was talking about! I am not substituting a law of God for a tradition, nor am I making it some kind of holy day of obligation- so your comment is irrelevant. If you would do independent study instead of simply regurgitating what the Watchtower vomits out- you would have known this and not made such a nonsense comment.
Can we ask whose beliefs you are regurgitating? Everyone knows that Christmas and Easter are pagan to their bootstraps and that when Israel was persuaded to take excursions into false worship by bad leadership, God punished them for trying to fuse God's worship with paganism.

Read the account of the Baal worshippers in Elijah's day......
1 Kings 18:17-21....KJV
"And it came to pass, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said unto him, Art thou he that troubleth Israel?
18 And he answered, I have not troubled Israel; but thou, and thy father’s house, in that ye have forsaken the commandments of the LORD, and thou hast followed Baalim.
19 Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto mount Carmel, and the prophets of Baal four hundred and fifty, and the prophets of the groves four hundred, which eat at Jezebel’s table.
20 So Ahab sent unto all the children of Israel, and gathered the prophets together unto mount Carmel.
21 And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word."

Cannot Christendom be presented with the same choice? 'If Yahweh is the true God then follow him, but if the pagan gods are the ones you wish to honor...go follow them.' Make up your minds, because you cannot serve both.

Calling the golden calf "Yahweh" didn't make it God, nor did it prevent God's swift reaction in putting the offenders to death.
Calling "Christmas" and its pagan trappings, "Christian", doesn't make something "unclean" into something "clean" in God's eyes.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can we ask whose beliefs you are regurgitating? Everyone knows that Christmas and Easter are pagan to their bootstraps and that when Israel was persuaded to take excursions into false worship by bad leadership, God punished them for trying to fuse God's worship with paganism.

Read the account of the Baal worshippers in Elijah's day......
1 Kings 18:17-21....KJV
"And it came to pass, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said unto him, Art thou he that troubleth Israel?
18 And he answered, I have not troubled Israel; but thou, and thy father’s house, in that ye have forsaken the commandments of the LORD, and thou hast followed Baalim.
19 Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto mount Carmel, and the prophets of Baal four hundred and fifty, and the prophets of the groves four hundred, which eat at Jezebel’s table.
20 So Ahab sent unto all the children of Israel, and gathered the prophets together unto mount Carmel.
21 And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word."

Cannot Christendom be presented with the same choice? 'If Yahweh is the true God then follow him, but if the pagan gods are the ones you wish to honor...go follow them.' Make up your minds, because you cannot serve both.

Calling the golden calf "Yahweh" didn't make it God, nor did it prevent God's swift reaction in putting the offenders to death.
Calling "Christmas" and its pagan trappings, "Christian", doesn't make something "unclean" into something "clean" in God's eyes.
I don’t think that’s a valid comparison. Giving my wife a Christmas present is not the same as worshipping Baal or a golden calf. We remember the time of Jesus’ birth during the Christmas season. No he wasn’t born on December 25th and the wisemen weren’t there but it’s a time we choose to remember the birth of our Saviour. If you feel you shouldn’t celebrate holidays there is nothing wrong with that. But I think you take it a little too far judging those who do.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sad you reject truth.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I don’t think that’s a valid comparison. Giving my wife a Christmas present is not the same as worshipping Baal or a golden calf. We remember the time of Jesus’ birth during the Christmas season. No he wasn’t born on December 25th and the wisemen weren’t there but it’s a time we choose to remember the birth of our Saviour. If you feel you shouldn’t celebrate holidays there is nothing wrong with that. But I think you take it a little too far judging those who do.
What I don't understand is "the traditions of men" dictating when we give gifts to our loved ones....?
Jews did not celebrate birthdays, so why would Christians? Jesus would not have celebrated his own birthday, which is why no birthdates are recorded in scripture.

When my children were growing up, my son took a present to school to show his friends the latest toy that had taken his fancy that we had bought for him....just because we love him, not because the system we live in dictates dates on a calendar to do so. The first thing the other kids asked him was..."what did you get that for?" He said that he got it because it was a present from his parents, not for any particular reason. They all lamented the fact that they had to wait for either Christmas or a birthday to get their presents.....They are raised with the idea that you need a reason to give.....no wonder no one is happy.....they are all waiting to "get" rather than what Jesus said...."There is more joy in giving than in receiving"....the spirit of giving is lost to the dictates of human tradition...how sad is that?

If you want to give your wife a present, why does it have to be at Christmas......the "sheeples" all just do what everyone else does because they can't imagine NOT doing it.....and many feel the pinch as the commercial system places more and more pressure on parents to give expensive gifts, not to mention all the food and drink consumed over the entire "holiday" period. Christmas is not just one day...it is a festival season that has nothing whatever to do with Jesus Christ....and never did.

The "wise men" were Babylonian astrologers, (worshippers of false gods) who were led to Herod by a "star" ("his star") that moved ahead of them. When Herod heard that a new king of the Jews had been born, he then hatched a plot to destroy the child in order to preserve his own dynasty.....the "star" that holds pride of place on that Christmas tree was sent by the devil in an attempt to have Jesus killed. It is not something to rejoice over. God did not reveal the birth of his son to pagan astrologers...he told that wonderful news to Jewish shepherds who were watching their flocks by night out of doors.....so it was nowhere near December 25th. And the so called 'wise men' were never at the stable.

The comparison given was valid.....because the Jews were trying to worship Jehovah and Baal at the same time in some kind of fusion religion. This is why Elijah asked why the people were "limping on two different opinions"....they had to choose one or the other, because their worship had become contaminated with pagan beliefs and practices which made it completely unacceptable to the God they claimed to worship.......Jehovah showed through Elijah whose worship was acceptable.....by having all the Baal prophets put to death. (Luke 16:10)

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you are entitled to believe what you want! But the Word of God explicitly disagrees with you !

Once again Gods Word you fail to address!

Romans 14​

King James Version​

If you judge someone else you have made yourself a false god!
No, you disagree with me, not the scriptures. The scriptures are very clear that Jesus and demons have nothing in common and scripture is very clear that Jesus and demons are enemies not friends. Jesus doesn't agree with you or anyone else who associates him with anything that has to do with demons as though they agree or that they're friendly toward one another.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I don't understand is "the traditions of men" dictating when we give gifts to our loved ones....?
Jews did not celebrate birthdays, so why would Christians? Jesus would not have celebrated his own birthday, which is why no birthdates are recorded in scripture.

When my children were growing up, my son took a present to school to show his friends the latest toy that had taken his fancy that we had bought for him....just because we love him, not because the system we live in dictates dates on a calendar to do so. The first thing the other kids asked him was..."what did you get that for?" He said that he got it because it was a present from his parents, not for any particular reason. They all lamented the fact that they had to wait for either Christmas or a birthday to get their presents.....They are raised with the idea that you need a reason to give.....no wonder no one is happy.....they are all waiting to "get" rather than what Jesus said...."There is more joy in giving than in receiving"....the spirit of giving is lost to the dictates of human tradition...how sad is that?

If you want to give your wife a present, why does it have to be at Christmas......the "sheeples" all just do what everyone else does because they can't imagine NOT doing it.....and many feel the pinch as the commercial system places more and more pressure on parents to give expensive gifts, not to mention all the food and drink consumed over the entire "holiday" period. Christmas is not just one day...it is a festival season that has nothing whatever to do with Jesus Christ....and never did.

The "wise men" were Babylonian astrologers, (worshippers of false gods) who were led to Herod by a "star" ("his star") that moved ahead of them. When Herod heard that a new king of the Jews had been born, he then hatched a plot to destroy the child in order to preserve his own dynasty.....the "star" that holds pride of place on that Christmas tree was sent by the devil in an attempt to have Jesus killed. It is not something to rejoice over. God did not reveal the birth of his son to pagan astrologers...he told that wonderful news to Jewish shepherds who were watching their flocks by night out of doors.....so it was nowhere near December 25th. And the so called 'wise men' were never at the stable.

The comparison given was valid.....because the Jews were trying to worship Jehovah and Baal at the same time in some kind of fusion religion. This is why Elijah asked why the people were "limping on two different opinions"....they had to choose one or the other, because their worship had become contaminated with pagan beliefs and practices which made it completely unacceptable to the God they claimed to worship.......Jehovah showed through Elijah whose worship was acceptable.....by having all the Baal prophets put to death. (Luke 16:10)