A serious questions for the Jehovah's Witnesses on these threads.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adding detail pertinent to the subject is not changing the subject.
We do not have a “works based doctrine” we have a scripturally based doctrine where faith and works go hand in hand......(James 2:18) I have told you this already.....why do you act as if it wasn’t addressed?

JW’s of the past we’re in the same situation as the apostles were when Jesus walked the earth....they knew a little and gained more knowledge as time went on. God reveals knowledge progressively....he always has.

Jesus appointed his “faithful and wise servant” to “feed” his entire household their “food at the proper time”...so we get what we need, when we need it. (Matthew 24:45) Who is that “fairhful and wise servant” to you Wrangler? Will I just hear crickets again?

Not ALL doctrine is a salvation issue.....but the important ones are....those that identify who Jehovah is....who Jesus is....and what role God’s holy spirit plays in the outworking of his will and purpose.

Baptism is also an important component in salvation.....we cannot be “Christians” without it. But is simply being dunked in water, often based on emotion rather than knowledge, true baptism?......it’s what precedes it that counts with God. Like a marriage there is a period of engagement where the two get to know one another, so that when the marriage occurs, it is confirming a commitment that has already taken place.

Belief in an immortal soul, when the scriptures do not teach such a thing, is also a salvation issue because to accept that God would separate some to go to heaven, whilst sending others to a fiery hell to be tortured forever is to insult the character of the loving God represented by Jesus Christ.

Participating in pagan celebrations when we are told NOT to touch things that are spiritually “unclean” is direct disobedience, (2 Cor 6:14-18) so again we believe it is a salvation issue....despite the pretty lights, the feasting and the presents around the pagan “Christmas tree”.....and the lies about Santa Claus told to children. The Easter bunny is right up there and they already know it is pagan to it’s bootstraps, but still they carry on like it doesn’t matter.......”faithful in what is least”....that is what it means, because if we were faithful in the smaller things, we would never even consider accepting what Christendom promotes as true worship.

It’s your choice to participate and to believe in whatever you wish....but the one thing you will never be able to claim is ignorance of the truth. I have done my job. I have told you the truth.....but the old saying is true....”a man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still.”

Your need to have simple “yes” or “no” answers to complex questions betrays a lack of depth to your faith.
It is obvious to me that you cannot be told anything that disagrees with your own mindset without the put downs that follow, so I have no more to say in this thread to someone who seems to have the concentration span of a goldfish. I am done with you here....
@Aunty Jane said “Belief in an immortal soul, when the scriptures do not teach such a thing, is also a salvation issue because to accept that God would separate some to go to heaven, whilst sending others to a fiery hell to be tortured forever is to insult the character of the loving God represented by Jesus Christ”. Isn’t whilst a King James word? Paul seemed to believe he would be with Jesus when he died.
Phl 1:21 - For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Tools
Unchecked Copy Box
Phl 1:22 - But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell.
Tools
Unchecked Copy Box
Phl 1:23 - For[fn] I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
- copy/paste verbatim from a site without citation.
I agree @RLT63 should have provided a citation. 2 points to ponder:
  1. He’s gotten MUCH better at not merely copying and pasting to make his argument. So, there is that.
  2. As he replied, the bigger point is NOT where the question originated from but why no straight forward answer?
Normally, @Aunty Jane writes laboriously 12 paragraph minimum responses that are each case studies in diversion, in shot gun shooting off all kinds of copy and pasting Scripture, asking all kinds of questions on totally different - if related tangentially - subjects, and turning the question inside out and upside down.

It really is an art form.

That is to say, it is a carefully indoctrinated and pre-meditated DODGE. The power of my approach, not lost on @RLT63, is in the simplicity of my questions. The questions asked are foundational and axiomatic. They tend to be binary and establish a bottom up logic foundation.

The insight they provide is that explanation is NOT required!!! Not to say none of my questions to AJ call for multiple paragraph answers. But most do not. And I am smart enough to figure out the why of the foundational question.

One has to ask themselves why would anyone go to the trouble of laboring to write 12 or more paragraphs to simple YES or NO questions? I submit there are but 2 possible answers.
  1. The binary question is, itself, invalid, e.g., is the color of music orange? (AJ often asserts I am too much of a buffoon, a simpleton unable to grasp the brilliance of her so-called thorough answer)
  2. The person answering is invoking a defense mechanism as they know deep down that the simple question reveals a simple truth they are not ready to admit?
For me the art form of the DODGE is so much like poking the bear, knowing the response is predictably funny. If I got $1 for every post she wrote >12 paragraphs and had to pay $1 for every one sentence post, I’d be able to support monthly that starving kid in Africa. Just sayin.

Reactions: RLT63

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
By Christendom do you mean Christian and does that mean you don’t consider yourselves Christians? Or do you consider JWs the only true Christians?
Again we come right down to the most important question...."what makes someone a Christian?" What is the criteria?

How would you answer that scripturally, RLT?
Does calling yourself a "Christian", mean that you are?
Does believing that Jesus is God, make you a "Christian"?
Does getting baptized as an infant ensure that you will grow up to be a "Christian"?
Does going to church make you a "Christian", if the church teaches you things that Jesus never did?
If Jesus is 'the model for us to follow his steps closely', (1 Pet 2:21).....how many "Christians" actually do, or think it doesn't matter if you don't follow all of Jesus teachings?

In a world where Jesus said there would be "wheat" and "weeds"...how do you tell the difference?
Speaking of parables.....all of Jesus' illustrations had reality based scenarios. All were incorporated within a scenario with which his Jewish audience was familiar....so the import of the "wheat and the weeds".....If you know what plant Jesus was talking about, you would understand the illustration clearly. Look up "bearded darnel". In the Middle East, this poisonous weed is called "wheat's evil twin" because it is so hard to tell which is which until the plants are already established, but then it is too late separate them because their root systems are already inextricably intertwined. Only at the harvest can both be pulled up and the weeds disposed of, while the wheat is gathered into the farmers storehouse.

An enemy could oversow his neighbor's field with bearded darnel to ruin his crop....often done under the cover of darkness whilst the farmer slept. Do you see now what these weeds are?...they are imitation "Christians", sown by God's enemy. (Matt 13:24-30; 36-42)

What has happened to "Christianity" in this 21st century? Point out the united Christians who all believe the same things and fulfill the great commission.....which Jesus said he would direct, right up to "the end" of the current world system. (1 Cor 1:10; Matthew 24:14; Matthew 28:19-20)

When you see the world falling apart right in front of your eyes, with moral, spiritual and physical decay of all that was ever good.....what do you know about the outcome that Jesus foretold? What hope did Jesus hold out for his disciples?
What is "God's Kingdom" that Jesus taught us to pray for? How does it "come"? What will it accomplish?

You see a true Christian knows the answer to all those questions because they are all important....and they are all the Bible.
How would you answer them?

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Aunty Jane said “Belief in an immortal soul, when the scriptures do not teach such a thing, is also a salvation issue because to accept that God would separate some to go to heaven, whilst sending others to a fiery hell to be tortured forever is to insult the character of the loving God represented by Jesus Christ”. Isn’t whilst a King James word?
No, its actually still a part of the current English language that does not need interpreting....
Paul seemed to believe he would be with Jesus when he died.
Phl 1:21 - For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Tools
Unchecked Copy Box
Phl 1:22 - But if I live on in the flesh, this will mean fruit from my labor; yet what I shall choose I cannot tell.
Tools
Unchecked Copy Box
Phl 1:23 - For[fn] I am hard-pressed between the two, having a desire to depart and be with Christ, which is far better
Of course he did, because he was an apostle personally chosen by Jesus for a specific ministry. He is one of the elect who were definitely promised a heavenly reward.....he referred to it as the "heavenly calling" and only the "saints" receive this calling. (Heb 3:1)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I didn’t post “Questions to ask JWs” I used a statement from that site so answer the questions for your own pleasure if you feel like it, I didn’t post the questions, that’s why I didn’t post the source
So you are another person so convinced that JW's have nothing of value to say when they knock on your door, that even if we offer to explain something straight from the Bible, you are automatically not interested.....what if court cases were conducted with only one side of a story? What if the judge was prejudiced against you before he heard a word you said in your defense? Isn't that what happened to Jesus?

Wrangler is a classic example of someone who can't be told what he does not want to hear.....he has no interest in anything that disagrees with his point of view. Even if you show him scriptures that prove him wrong, he stubbornly refuses to acknowledge them.
He cannot answer simple questions himself, but then points fingers at me because I didn't give him the "yes or no" answer he was after.

I am not interested in superficial knowledge....he apparently knows nothing else....but has to assume that I am wrong because he cannot admit that the scriptures themselves are proving his error. So be it.

Jesus will judge us all......and then we will see who was a genuine "Christian", and who only assumed that they were. (Matt 7:21-23)

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again we come right down to the most important question...."what makes someone a Christian?" What is the criteria?

Does getting baptized as an infant ensure that you will grow up to be a "Christian"?
Does going to church make you a "Christian", if the church teaches you things that Jesus never did?
If Jesus is 'the model for us to follow his steps closely', (1 Pet 2:21).....how many "Christians" actually do, or think it doesn't matter if you don't follow all of Jesus teachings?

In a world where Jesus said there would be "wheat" and "weeds"...how do you tell the difference?
Speaking of parables.....all of Jesus' illustrations had reality based scenarios. All were incorporated within a scenario with which his Jewish audience was familiar....so the import of the "wheat and the weeds".....If you know what plant Jesus was talking about, you would understand the illustration clearly. Look up "bearded darnel". In the Middle East, this poisonous weed is called "wheat's evil twin" because it is so hard to tell which is which until the plants are already established, but then it is too late separate them because their root systems are already inextricably intertwined. Only at the harvest can both be pulled up and the weeds disposed of, while the wheat is gathered into the farmers storehouse.

An enemy could oversow his neighbor's field with bearded darnel to ruin his crop....often done under the cover of darkness whilst the farmer slept. Do you see now what these weeds are?...they are imitation "Christians", sown by God's enemy. (Matt 13:24-30; 36-42)

What has happened to "Christianity" in this 21st century? Point out the united Christians who all believe the same things and fulfill the great commission.....which Jesus said he would direct, right up to "the end" of the current world system. (1 Cor 1:10; Matthew 24:14; Matthew 28:19-20)

When you see the world falling apart right in front of your eyes, with moral, spiritual and physical decay of all that was ever good.....what do you know about the outcome that Jesus foretold? What hope did Jesus hold out for his disciples?
What is "God's Kingdom" that Jesus taught us to pray for? How does it "come"? What will it accomplish?

You see a true Christian knows the answer to all those questions because they are all important....and they are all the Bible.
You didn’t answer the question and gave me a list of questions to answer.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are another person so convinced that JW's have nothing of value to say when they knock on your door, that even if we offer to explain something straight from the Bible, you are automatically not interested.....what if court cases were conducted with only one side of a story? What if the judge was prejudiced against you before he heard a word you said in your defense? Isn't that what happened to Jesus?

Wrangler is a classic example of someone who can't be told what he does not want to hear.....he has no interest in anything that disagrees with his point of view. Even if you show him scriptures that prove him wrong, he stubbornly refuses to acknowledge them.
He cannot answer simple questions himself, but then points fingers at me because I didn't give him the "yes or no" answer he was after.

I am not interested in superficial knowledge....he apparently knows nothing else....but has to assume that I am wrong because he cannot admit that the scriptures themselves are proving his error. So be it.

Jesus will judge us all......and then we will see who was a genuine "Christian", and who only assumed that they were. (Matt 7:21-23)
The Jehovah’s Witnesses that visited me complained that I needed to fix my driveway because it was tearing up their car and said I didn’t care because my car belonged to the county. When I built my house, they complained about all the stairs they had to climb to reach the door. One came who had MS but wouldn’t let me pray for him. They didn’t want to discuss the Bible, just to give me their literature. I’m not trying to stop you from posting on the forum. Maybe you can explain how a JW obtains eternal life, either in Heaven or on earth.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

@Aunty Jane said “
He cannot answer simple questions himself, but then points fingers at me”. ///// Everything you are saying about @Wrangler applies to you. You wouldn’t even address @Adventageous and you answer questions with questions. You dismiss anything that doesn’t reinforce what you believe.

Last edited:
Reactions: Keturah

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
when they knock on your door, that even if we offer to explain something straight from the Bible, you are automatically not interested.....what if court caseswere conducted with only one side of a story? What if the judge was prejudiced against you before he heard a word you said in your defense? Isn't that what happened to Jesus?

^ THIS.

This post reveals the foundational error of JW's on two scores:
  1. Their agenda in knocking on the door.
  2. Equating interactions (even with fellow believers) as court cases.

Their agenda in knocking on the door

I know people are aghast when I compare properly evangelizing with Sales. In Sales, one of the most important first steps on the part of the Salesman or woman is to qualify the customer. What product are they interested in? Then, sell them what you have in that product line OR if you aren't selling what the customer is in the market for, to not waste everyone's time and tell the customer straight away to go somewhere else to get the product or service they are looking for.

JW's don't do that. They just launch into their pre-programmed lecture. Polite society thinks they might have an obligation when someone comes knocking on your door. Truth is, they (you) are rude! They (you) are coming to the door, uninvited and expect me to drop my agenda and give them my top priority attention. What makes you think I am buying what you are selling or even have an obligation to listen to your sales pitch?

I'm not obligated and I'm not listening to your lecture. What I am doing is trying to find the diamond in the ruff of your 12 paragraph posts relevant to the thread OP. (You don't make conversing easy - but laborious - because of your lecturing agenda.)

Hold your fire until (I) someone asks you to launch into one of your lectures. You'd be much more effective that way IF that were your goal.

Equating interactions as court cases

Another sense of profound entitlement revealed! Every discussion they feel entitled to "equal time" and that almost seems like the word count of everyone else combined cannot be greater than the word count of JW posts. Amazing.

This is an online forum to discuss a common interest. It is not a court case. And it is not a court case where I (we) have to abide by the rules you assert. Think about why this thread was initiated? This thread was initiated in response to the JW agenda in knocking on the door and equating interactions here as court cases. You're not influencing but you are entertaining ... Carry on wayward daughter.

Reactions: Mr E and RLT63

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what if court cases were conducted with only one side of a story? What if the judge was prejudiced against you before he heard a word you said in your defense? Isn't that what happened to Jesus?

Another bite at this apple ... I can explain my beliefs to you. But I cannot understand my beliefs for you.

Again, I am not on trial and this is not a court case! I am under no obligation to defend my beliefs. And this is the key part ... I am under no obligation to defend my beliefs - to your satisfaction.

Very few threads are on the topic of what Wrangler believes. Yet, you try to turn nearly every thread into a lecture explaining how only your beliefs are correct and everyone else's are wrong. I believe this dynamic of exclusivity, more than any particular doctrine (except perhaps for the one we share but aren't allowed to discuss) is why JW's are generally not highly praised in Christendom. Coupled with your pedantic tendency, wanting to show off your 50 years of Bible study, positions the rest of us as mere 2nd class Christians in comparison to your glory.

This dynamic first became apparent to me some time ago when you and @Jane_Doe22 began a thread that started out like a press conference to discuss your different beliefs. I was intrigued because I was not too familiar then with either of your denominations beliefs. And the thread met my expectations at the start.

Then Jane Doe answered one of your follow up questions. I thought her answer was perfectly fine. Not you! You put yourself in the judgment seat and deemed her answer unsatisfactory AS IF you are the teacher and she is the wayward student. I could feel her frustration as your attacks turned the nice discussion into an argument. The thread deteriorated from there. I believe JD said she was not participating in the thread for that purpose. But you did not have ears to hear.

Our online relationship is like that. I believe I have explained my beliefs to you and why I have these beliefs. I'm satisfied with what I believe and why I believe it. Furthermore, I'm content to let you not be satisfied with it. (Satisfying you is not a burden I have. Thank God!)

It's not that I don't understand what you are writing. It's that I don't agree. And I don't care to do laps on the topic or belabor the point. That's not why I'm participating in these threads - or responding to your joust's the way you prefer.

Make a Blessed Day!

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What’s embarrassing is that the issues brought up could be addressed with a simple yes or no but no one seems able to do that. “
“I hope our resident expert in JW dogmas, @Aunty Jane, can confirm the truth of this with a simple 3 or 4 word sentence (and not 12 paragraphs):
  1. That is true.
  2. That is NOT true.”

Or you could just apologize for your obvious error and move on. You could admit you made a mistake, rather than obfuscate.

1. I messed up.
2. I should cite sources and not copy/paste other's words as if they were my own.
3. I will do better going forward.

Seems simple enough.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or you could just apologize for your obvious error and move on. You could admit you made a mistake, rather than obfuscate.

1. I messed up.
2. I should cite sources and not copy/paste other's words as if they were my own.
3. I will do better going forward.

Seems simple enough.
I should’ve cited the source of the comment I posted. I will not fail to do so in the future. Thanks to @Mr E for pointing it out

• Love
Reactions: Mr E

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another bite at this apple ... I can explain my beliefs to you. But I cannot understand my beliefs for you.

Again, I am not on trial and this is not a court case! I am under no obligation to defend my beliefs. And this is the key part ... I am under no obligation to defend my beliefs - to your satisfaction.

Very few threads are on the topic of what Wrangler believes. Yet, you try to turn nearly every thread into a lecture explaining how only your beliefs are correct and everyone else's are wrong. I believe this dynamic of exclusivity, more than any particular doctrine (except perhaps for the one we share but aren't allowed to discuss) is why JW's are generally not highly praised in Christendom. Coupled with your pedantic tendency, wanting to show off your 50 years of Bible study, positions the rest of us as mere 2nd class Christians in comparison to your glory.

This dynamic first became apparent to me some time ago when you and @Jane_Doe22 began a thread that started out like a press conference to discuss your different beliefs. I was intrigued because I was not too familiar then with either of your denominations beliefs. And the thread met my expectations at the start.

Then Jane Doe answered one of your follow up questions. I thought her answer was perfectly fine. Not you! You put yourself in the judgment seat and deemed her answer unsatisfactory AS IF you are the teacher and she is the wayward student. I could feel her frustration as your attacks turned the nice discussion into an argument. The thread deteriorated from there. I believe JD said she was not participating in the thread for that purpose. But you did not have ears to hear.

Our online relationship is like that. I believe I have explained my beliefs to you and why I have these beliefs. I'm satisfied with what I believe and why I believe it. Furthermore, I'm content to let you not be satisfied with it. (Satisfying you is not a burden I have. Thank God!)

It's not that I don't understand what you are writing. It's that I don't agree. And I don't care to do laps on the topic or belabor the point. That's not why I'm participating in these threads - or responding to your joust's the way you prefer.

Make a Blessed Day!
I don’t like attacking someone else’s religion but what do you do when someone keeps telling you everyone else is wrong but them? I have to take a long look at what I have been posting in response to @Aunty Jane. I hope in responding to her I haven’t been insulting other people who may share her beliefs but don’t try to dominate everyone with them. @Adventageous has already shown that she met her match and had no response for him, and she won’t answer you. I agree with your assessment but maybe I have beat this dead horse enough.

Last edited:

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should’ve cited the source of the comment I posted. I will not fail to do so in the future. Thanks to @Mr E for pointing it out

And now we rise up and bless you for a humble response. That’s what it’s all about. That’s how it’s supposed to work and it’s beautiful.

Reactions: Wrangler and RLT63

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Post 676. No response to the idea that right knowledge is a salvation issue means JW's of the past cannot be saved because they believed in celebrating Christmas and that Jesus died on a Cross.

This is a powerful contradiction @Aunty Jane. You have nothing to say about your fellow JW of the past, though devout and faithful not being worthy of salvation? Really?!

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Adventageous has already shown that she met her match and had no response for him, and she won’t answer you.
It is because she has put me on ignore (and I have recently been banned from two related (and horrendous forums, Christian forums (com) and Christian Chat (com) for sharing "SDA" doctrines which was just an excuse to not address what I stated in response to their accusations)), which is common, and I still hope that some day she might have forgiveness and undo that situation, as there are many things I would like to share, on topics they believe in, that she will have never heard because their gospel and doctrines are not really connected to Jesus Christ, and are dry and powerless to save or to really change the heart. Oh, they will mention the name, but the connection is missing, and they might have an outward appearance that looks neat, but in many (not all) cases the inward life, and family, or marriage, etc is a complete mess (when you go knocking on their door). I do not assume for A.J. I wanted to start out simply (about the foundation, scripture), but it turned complicated instead. I cannot say I am shocked at the outcome, but in my experience, it is always the outcome with a Jehovah's Witness, and I have spoken with many, online, at my door (when they come a knocking) and at their door (when I came a knocking). It usually comes to the same canned responses that they have been trained to give, and revert to the same replies and out of context dictionary citations, generally, only giving partial answers, when the full citation would undo their justification for having cited them. Their own materials are replete with erroneous statements and contradictions, but they, themselves, have never taken the time to study their own origins, their own historical materials, and read from the beginning. They are instead, trained to accept all of it mentally, though having never read it all, and only focus upon the immediate, or present-day, WTS materials, or that which they have read in the present while they have personally been a member.

The only way for A.J. to see my comments, is for her to click each comment to view, or if someone quotes my responses.

In my heart, I am just sad, and not merely at A.J. here, but many, simply because they take my responses and add into them emotion and other things that are not really present. I had hoped for real communication, with many, it seems I am not 'soft' enough for their liking. Do I place them on ignore, when they turn cold, and mock, and post ex-SDA materials (endlessly), when they cannot address what I am saying as an individual? No, I try to to read, watch, and listen to all, and respond as I am able, and sometimes that takes hours of my time, but I want everyone to see I do not fear to listen and carefully give thought in response. Do I hate them in my heart so that I never read what they post, or respond, or would I not talk with them, if they decided to un-ignore me? No. I would just accept them at present, and continue trying to communicate with them. Sometimes it turns to a real 'battle' of ideology, and I accept that. People have a lot of time, money, thought, effort, life, etc invested in what they believe.

I understand the emotion that goes into discussion, and the intense zeal, and commitment. I know. I get it. I even get why some put me on ignore, or ban me. I am never happy about it, but I get it. It's a defense mechanism. It's part of the Cog-Dis playing out.

The same goes for the people that run these particular forums (including this one, as those same people are on all, some even pretending to be other people).

Last edited:
Reactions: Wrangler

Adventageous

Oct 28, 2022
Noneya
archive.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In post #657:
"[1] Yes, there are contradictions in WTS beliefs.​
1898:​
WTS/JW "worship" Jesus, and "properly so":​
“Question: The fact that our Lord received worship is claimed by some to be an evidence that while on earth he was God the Father disguised in a body of flesh and not really a man. Was he really worshiped, or is the translation faulty? Answer: Yes, we believe our Lord Jesus while on earth was really worshiped, and properly so . . . It was proper for our Lord to receive worship in view of his having been the only begotten of the Father, and his agent in the creation of all things, including man,” (Watchtower, July 15, 1898, p. 216 [2337]). - https://www.watchtowerwayback.org/jw-wb/English/Magazines/The Watchtower/1898 The Watchtower.pdf
“For example, to which one of the angels did he ever say: ‘You are my Son; today I have become your Father’? And again: ‘I shall be a Father to him, and he will be a Son to me? But when he again brings his Firstborn into the inhabited earth, he says: ‘And let all God’s angels worship him,'” (New Heavens and a New Earth, 1953, p. 27-28). - https://www.watchtowerwayback.org/j...ngs/1953 New heavens and a new earth (nh).pdf
Then in 1987:​
WTS/JW "do not worship Jesus":​
What I learned was so different from what I had heard at the “Christian” school I had attended. Jehovah’s Witnesses do not worship Jesus. Rather, they worship Almighty God, the One that Jesus himself worshipped,” (Awake, Dec. 22, 1987, p. 22). - https://www.watchtowerwayback.org/jw-wb/English/Magazines/Awake/1987 Awake.pdf
[2] Your second premise assumes that you are wise enough, or even unbiased enough, to see them (contradictions). Some persons just don't want to see contradictions, especially after declaring something to be right, when it is not." - A serious questions for the Jehovah's Witnesses on these threads.

But A.J. has me on ignore, so doesn't read this, or my other replies, like in post #660:

"What deception you are in!​
1Co 1:1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,​
1Co 1:2 Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours:​
1Co 1:3 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.​
[1] Unto the church of God which is at Corinth
[2] with all that in every place
There are not two groups, in which the WTS states, 1. Heavenly calling, and 2. earthly calling.​
The truth in the verse is that Paul is speaking to the members at the Corinthians church specifically, hence the epistle to the Corinthians!, and all those other members in the other churches, such as a Galatia, Colossae, Rome, Ephesus, Philippi, Antioch, Jerusalem, Asia, etc, etc.​
1Co 16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.​
1Co 16:3 And when I come, whomsoever ye shall approve by your letters, them will I send to bring your liberality unto Jerusalem.​
1Co 16:8 But I will tarry at Ephesus until Pentecost.​
1Co 16:19 The churches of Asia salute you. Aquila and Priscilla salute you much in the Lord, with the church that is in their house.​
[1] even so do ye (Corinthian members)
[2] to the churches of Galatia (Galatian members), "Jerusalem" (members in Jerusalem), "Ephesus" (members at Ephesus that Paul would stay with, etc), "churches of Asia" (the Asian members), and those in Aquila and Priscilla's house too.
They all have the same calling in Christ Jesus, not two callings." - A serious questions for the Jehovah's Witnesses on these threads.
Or about the nature of God and angels, which was given in post #612 - A serious questions for the Jehovah's Witnesses on these threads.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Please address any errors in the following. Witnessing to Jehovah’s Witnesses - what is the key? | GotQuestions.org