A serious questions for the Jehovah's Witnesses on these threads.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well that is what the Watchtower teaches you , but that is not what Gods Word teaches.

Firstborn, while meaning the first to split the womb, also was understood as the heir of everything. So Verse 15 means jesus is the heir and overseer (firstborn had control of their Fathers property)

verse 17 I know th eNWT says "all other things" but that is a lie and adding to the Word of God!

verse 19. Yes in Jesus humanity all the fulness of god dwelt in bodily form as it is written.

You use feeble human reasoning to deny th eword of God as was taught you by the Watchtower!

You seem to forget that though Jesus is fully divine as His Father He became a man and so died for us. Then He physically rose from the dead as the first to never die again!

You will not find the words perfect reflection in Scripture (except for maybe the New World Mistranslation)

His death did not reconcile all that was alientated. His death was the substitute punishment for our sins! those who trust in HIs death and physical resurrection have that sacrifice applied to their sin debt and have it removed!

And in Is. 44 the Father made it clear the son shares that name. and in a Hebrew New Testament that is borne out also!

Only according to the New Word mistranslation
Colossians 1:17
Text Analysis
Go to Parallel Greek
Strong'sGreekEnglishMorphology
2532 [e]Καὶ
kai
AndConj
846 [e]αὐτός
autos
HePPro-NM3S
1510 [e]ἐστιν
estin
isV-PIA-3S
4253 [e]πρὸ
pro
beforePrep
3956 [e]πάντων
pantōn
all things,Adj-GNP
2532 [e]καὶ
kai
andConj
3588 [e]τὰ
ta
-Art-NNP
3956 [e]πάντα
panta
all thingsAdj-NNP
1722 [e]ἐν
en
inPrep
846 [e]αὐτῷ
autō
HimPPro-DM3S
4921 [e]συνέστηκεν,
synestēken
hold together.V-RIA-3S

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Colossians 1:17
Colossians 1 - Click for Chapter
17 2532 [e]
17 Kai
17 Καὶ
17 And
17 Conj
846 [e]
autos
αὐτός
He
PPro-NM3S
1510 [e]
estin
ἐστιν
is
V-PIA-3S
4253 [e]
pro
πρὸ
before
Prep
3956 [e]
pantōn
πάντων ,
all things
Adj-GNP
2532 [e]
kai
καὶ
and
Conj
3588 [e]
ta
τὰ
-
Art-NNP
3956 [e]
panta
πάντα
all things
Adj-NNP
1722 [e]
en
ἐν
in
Prep
846 [e]
autō
αὐτῷ
Him
PPro-DM3S
4921 [e]
synestēken
συνέστηκεν .
hold together
V-RIA-3S

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Welcome to the Christianity Boards forums!
Sister lamb arrived . Contend for the true faith till the end dear sister .
The flood of the great deception of deceptions now pours throughout the lands and religions and churches .
We point to JESUS CHRIST , HE ALONE is the only hope and only salvation . To the end dear sister . to the last breath .

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The flood of the great deception of deceptions now pours throughout the lands and religions and churches .
We point to JESUS CHRIST , HE ALONE is the only hope and only salvation . To the end dear sister . to the last breath .
Amen.
To the end & last breath, Jesus, the Christ is my Lord, my Savior & my God !

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus teaches--I am the way, the truth and the life no one comes to the Father but through me= The Father is ones destination. The Father is the one doing it all through Jesus. Acts 2:22, 1Cor 8:5-6, Col 1:15-16--Jesus takes 0 credit-John 5:19,30--He accepts no glory from men Mark 10:17-18-- John 5:41

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes indeed dear sister . Raise those hands and let the LORD be praised .
Is it really all about the praise Amigo? Is that all that God wants from us who are here on earth enduring the greatest collective test of faith in history?

Why do we suffer in this life, and why would God allow us to go through so much suffering? Most people don’t know the answer to those questions….but unless we know why we are living a life that God never planned for us, (a life so alien that our hearts cannot embrace it unless we are truly wicked) we will never see why this test was so important….and why it’s outcome will affect the rest of eternity.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen.
To the end & last breath, Jesus, the Christ is my Lord, my Savior & my God !
Yes indeed dear sister . Raise those hands and let the LORD be praised .
Is it really all about the praise Amigo? Is that all that God wants from us who are here on earth enduring the greatest collective test of faith in history?

Why do we suffer in this life, and why would God allow us to go through so much suffering? Most people don’t know the answer to those questions….but unless we know why we are living a life that God never planned for us, (a life so alien that our hearts cannot embrace it unless we are truly wicked) we will never see why this test was so important….and why it’s outcome will affect the rest of eternity.
Time for a fearful reminder .
DIRE important folks know and understand somthing
concerning praise and thanksgivings .
For many false ones also offer up praises and thanksgivings , they can even sing like king david
but their hearts love and praise the god who honors SIN . AND THAT BE A PROBLEM .
BIG TIME .
I see many holding rainbows high and just praising god and giving him so much thanks
They even offer up and are often the first to volunteer to do things the church needs .
But i tell us all they worship another god , another jesus
and since that version of god , of jesus embraces THEIR SINS , THEY LOVE IT WITH THE WHOLE HEART .
Believing they are free and offering up so many praises , can sing like a choir .
But i tell us all ITS THE IMAGE of GOD , their own image of what and who THEY THINK HE TO BE that they love .
And that god sure seems to be embracing the sinful hearts desire of man . PS
i dont think i am going to have to explain to you why I DID NOT and totally REFUSE and REFUSED
to captilize THE G in that god . CAUSE IT BE SATAN ,FEEDING THE MASSES THEIR OWN SINFUL HEARTS DESIRES
AND PAWING IT OFF AS GOD AND LOVE . YALL HAVE A BLESSED DAY NOW YA HEAR .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus teaches--I am the way, the truth and the life no one comes to the Father but through me= The Father is ones destination. The Father is the one doing it all through Jesus. Acts 2:22, 1Cor 8:5-6, Col 1:15-16--Jesus takes 0 credit-John 5:19,30--He accepts no glory from men Mark 10:17-18-- John 5:41
THEN WHY are so many DENYING the fact we must BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST , WHO IS THE WAY < THE TRUTH and THE LIFE
EHHH .
WHY so many now following a sin accepting lie from hell .
WHY are so many trying to imply that the religoins of satan , which are many , like muslims , buddists , atheism
and whaterverelsim are fine so long as we have WHAT They call love . And beleive me I SAY THEY , cause it sure as HECKS FIRE
aint ANY LOVE FROM GOD .
SO lets get up and expose this all inclusive false love rainbow accepting many path accepting LIE from hell . OR rather
the lie that ends in HELL . TRY remembering this the next time a church hollers
LETS BUILD some bridges , LETS have us some unity and find us some common ground . The snare that snares
was unleashed big time about thirty years back under the guise of puker , i mean seeker friendly
the finding common ground , the bridge builders , the UNITY UNITY UNITY LOVEY DO farces .
We bess pick up BIBLES and get busy learning .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
THEN WHY are so many DENYING the fact we must BELIEVE ON JESUS CHRIST , WHO IS THE WAY < THE TRUTH and THE LIFE
EHHH .
WHY are so many trying to imply that the religoins of satan , which are many , like muslims , buddists , atheism
and whaterverelsim are fine so long as we have WHAT They call love . And beleive me I SAY THEY , cause it sure as HECKS FIRE aint ANY LOVE FROM GOD .
We already know that anyone denying that Jesus is the Christ has no place with him. That lets out all false religion.....but the ones mentioned in Matt 7:21-23 are self-proclaimed “Christians”....they address Jesus as their “Lord”. Yet what are they saying to him about their activities in service to him?...
He says....
21 “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. 22 Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’”

So even prophesying, expelling demons, performing powerful works in Jesus’ name, will not be enough to pass this judgment. He calls these self-proclaimed disciples, “workers of lawlessness”, and says that he “NEVER knew” them.....NEVER means “not ever”. So no matter how long a ‘Christian’ church has been in existence, it won’t matter. Doing all the things that they offer as excuses, will mean nothing when that stinging rejection comes. What is the “lawlessness” he refers to? They break the first Commandment by worshipping another god.....they have put the son in place of the Father, when Jesus clearly promoted the exclusive worship of his God and Father. (Luke 4:7-8)
SO lets get up and expose this all inclusive false love rainbow accepting many path accepting LIE from hell . OR rather the lie that ends in HELL .
I agree that the “all inclusive thing” is hollow because a house divided cannot stand. We must all follow the same Lord, with the same truth and reject what scripture does not teach. We have a moral obligation to uphold what the Bible teaches about sexual matters, so no Christian can accept what is immoral in God’s eyes. Respect also for the marriage arrangement, which allows for no divorce except on the grounds of adultery. People find ways to justify what they want.
One of the things scripture does not teach is torment after death in a place called “hell”. Jehovah is not a sadistic fiend who would relish torturing living souls forever...that is something the devil would enjoy, but reading Jeremiah 7:30-31 we see that God would never do such a thing....when Israel fell to sacrificing their children to the false god Molech, God said....

“For the people of Judah have done what is bad in my eyes,’ declares Jehovah. ‘They have set up their disgusting idols in the house that bears my name, in order to defile it. 31 They have built the high places of Toʹpheth, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinʹnom, in order to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, something that I had not commanded and that had never even come into my heart.’”

If it did not come into God’s heart to do such as thing as burning children, then why would he do that to his own children? This is a wicked satanic deception, painting Jehovah as something he never was. The highest penalty under God’s law for any crime was death. Instead of tormenting souls, God simply lets them remain in death, never to be seen again. Eternal death is the opposite of eternal life....God’s perfect justice is served.
TRY remembering this the next time a church hollers LETS BUILD some bridges , LETS have us some unity and find us some common ground . The snare that snares was unleashed big time about thirty years back under the guise of puker , i mean seeker friendly the finding common ground , the bridge builders , the UNITY UNITY UNITY LOVEY DO farces .
Seeking to unify what will never be united is a waste of time. It might make people feel better, but God will be absent along with the truth. Seeking to find that truth from the scriptures about who God is....who Jesus is....and what the big picture is concerning God’s Kingdom and our place in it....that is what Christians need to do so that all subscribe to one truth without division. (1 Cor 1:10)
That’s it.....but in picking up those Bibles, it’s important to read what they say without adding spin to it in order to promote things that the Bible has never taught. It never means what a person might think it means just from a cursory reading. It is a book from God that interprets itself if you just let it, not just those oft quoted bits that seem to say what some people want them to say. There has to be context.....understanding what original language words mean.....and a clear picture of why we are here on this earth that is beautifully designed to support all the life that God put here so thoughtfully for our enjoyment. We have to know what went wrong and why we lost our paradise home, and why it was handed over to God’s enemy to rule mankind. (1 John 5:19; Luke 4:5-6) How does Revelation 21:2-4 describe our future?

I see such sincerity in your posts Amigo, but you too subscribe to lies that the church system has promoted for centuries....the trinity, hellfire and immortality of the soul....these are the foundation teachings of Christendom, which is the counterfeit “church” created by the devil.....the “weeds” of Jesus’ parable, sown “while men were sleeping”. (Matt 13:36-42) None of those teachings are found in God’s word.

Reactions: The Learner

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
EHHH .
and whaterverelsim are fine so long as we have WHAT They call love . And beleive me I SAY THEY , cause it sure as HECKS FIRE
aint ANY LOVE FROM GOD .
SO lets get up and expose this all inclusive false love rainbow accepting many path accepting LIE from hell . OR rather
the lie that ends in HELL . TRY remembering this the next time a church hollers
LETS BUILD some bridges , LETS have us some unity and find us some common ground . The snare that snares
was unleashed big time about thirty years back under the guise of puker , i mean seeker friendly
the finding common ground , the bridge builders , the UNITY UNITY UNITY LOVEY DO farces .
Yes one must believe and obey. The real Jesus sends his real followers to his Father( YHWH(Jehovah) to accomplish this-John 4:22-24)-24/7-365-- Jesus warned all( John 15:20-21) that on account of his name( thinking they are standing for it) they will do things against the true followers-Why? Because they do not know the one who sent him=Father=THE ONLY TRUE GOD( John 17:3)-- They are taught to seek Jesus' righteousness where as Jesus teaches-Matt 6:33-Keep on seeking- FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness. So those fail Jesus to listen to blind guides.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes one must believe and obey. The real Jesus sends his real followers to his Father( YHWH(Jehovah) to accomplish this-John 4:22-24)-24/7-365-- Jesus warned all( John 15:20-21) that on account of his name( thinking they are standing for it) they will do things against the true followers-Why? Because they do not know the one who sent him=Father=THE ONLY TRUE GOD( John 17:3)-- They are taught to seek Jesus' righteousness where as Jesus teaches-Matt 6:33-Keep on seeking- FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness. So those fail Jesus to listen to blind guides.
Not only are they taught that but they are taught Certain trangressions are love and righteousness .
These clowns are preaching another jesus all together . Please understand why that jesus was not captlized .
CAUSE ITS ANTI CHRIST junk . any man who stands and tries to coax the church into the idea
that its now all about finding common ground with man , with other religoins is preaching A LIE that causes nothing
but the being unequally yoked . So repeat after me .
The religon of islam DONT worship the same GOD WE DO . TRUTH is any and all who reject JESUS THE CHRIST
follow their father satan the devil .
I Keep it real simple . And one more thing , IF that jesus one loves , believes in , SUPPORTS SIN
i got bad news , AGAIN its the devil just using the name of jesus toget the worship of men .
BIBLE TIME . be encouraged my friend .
But i promise us all , JESUS would not be sitting in churches and holding up rainbow flags
and saying hey all religoins , muslims and buddists and all worship the same GOD we DO .
CAUSE JESUS AINT A LIAR . THE DEVIL , HE IS A LIAR and HE is who this is coming forth from . a false love .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The three S
SHORT SWEET and SIMPLE . that is how i keep it .
oh wait four s
STRAIGHT UP .
WE aint got time to beat around the bush . ITS TIME TO SPEAK and LIVE THE TRUTH . cause TIME BE RUNNING OUT .

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not only are they taught that but they are taught Certain trangressions are love and righteousness .
These clowns are preaching another jesus all together . Please understand why that jesus was not captlized .
CAUSE ITS ANTI CHRIST junk . any man who stands and tries to coax the church into the idea
that its now all about finding common ground with man , with other religoins is preaching A LIE that causes nothing
but the being unequally yoked . So repeat after me .
The religon of islam DONT worship the same GOD WE DO . TRUTH is any and all who reject JESUS THE CHRIST
follow their father satan the devil .
I Keep it real simple . And one more thing , IF that jesus one loves , believes in , SUPPORTS SIN
i got bad news , AGAIN its the devil just using the name of jesus toget the worship of men .
BIBLE TIME . be encouraged my friend .
But i promise us all , JESUS would not be sitting in churches and holding up rainbow flags
and saying hey all religoins , muslims and buddists and all worship the same GOD we DO .
CAUSE JESUS AINT A LIAR . THE DEVIL , HE IS A LIAR and HE is who this is coming forth from . a false love .
There are 4 different Jesus' taught on earth. 1 is correct. And the facts of Israelite true God worship history= They teach, serve and worship the Abrahamic God= a single being God= the Father=YHWH(Jehovah)--so the other 3 are error. Muslims teach-Jesus was a prophet. Judaism teaches-Jesus got his power from the demons--Trinity religions teach-God is a trinity--all 3 are in error, but Jesus was a prophet of sorts but he was Gods son as well.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are 4 different Jesus' taught on earth. 1 is correct. And the facts of Israelite true God worship history= They teach, serve and worship the Abrahamic God= a single being God= the Father=YHWH(Jehovah)--so the other 3 are error. Muslims teach-Jesus was a prophet. Judaism teaches-Jesus got his power from the demons--Trinity religions teach-God is a trinity--all 3 are in error, but Jesus was a prophet of sorts but he was Gods son as well.
actually there is only ONE TRUE JESUS . the rest are false and thus NOT OF GOD .
I sure like what thomas said and i sure notice JESUS didnt rebuke him for saying it either .
NOW JESUS had rebuked thomas because THOMAS had said UNLESS I SEE HIM i wont BELEIVE .
JESUS appeared to thomas and said STOP BEING FAITHLESS . Ye beleive because YOU SAW ME
but blessed are those who HAVE Not seen and yet beleive . SO YES JESUS Sure did correct thomas .
HOWEVER , get ready for this .
UPON SEEING JESUS thomas knelt and said MY LORD AND MY GOD . THAT SAYING JESUS DID NOT CORRECT .
Because in the beginning was the WORD and the WORD was with GOD and GOD was THE WORD . Lets not forget that pardner .
But you are right there is only ONE TRUE JESUS CHRIST . I suggest we read the bible to LEARN HIM
and not rather the doctrines of what MEN try and say about HIM .