A Soldier lashes out at politicians who back the war

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
Go to the recruiting office, sign up for another tour. Have a blast in Baghdad, and then see if you still have the same disfuntional cheering chickenhawk attitude. If you ever intend to get in the face of one of these disillusioned vets, I hope you have a good dental plan. A difuntional chickenhawk who has never seen combat is in no positionb to lecture someone who has. They do not have a duty to retain the same chickenhawk attitude they had before they wnet over there.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
(jamesrage;32734)
Again how does this change the fact the military is a war occupation and that you have no business what so ever complaining when you get sent to war?One who join joins the military has no position to complain about going to war what so ever.
One does if he is told he is there to liberate a people onlyu to find out that he is there to terrorise them into our godless ways.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
(Tehillah;32723)
im with james on this oneif you join the army you are probley going to die or get maimed and or crippled phyicaly or mentally it sucks but thats the way it is in warbut how blessed are those we have the courage to go through these things for there friends, family and country
1) You are assuming that they are over there preventing some guty dressed like Lawrence of Arabia from forcing you to conver to Islam. Nt true. Noobody is able to invade ua and take us over.2) WE are the evil empire imposing our godless ways upon another nation. WE are the invaders, we deserve every bomb and bullet we catch over there.3) This has nothing to do with defending anything, it is a corrupt military industrial complex trying to create another boogeyman to justify its existence.Finally, we were never meant to be a nation of wimps cowering behind a professional military. If you feel there is a threat, present your own body to fight.

jamesrage

Apr 30, 2007
(BernieEOD;32783)
One does if he is told he is there to liberate a people onlyu to find out that he is there to terrorise them into our godless ways.
You accuse me of buying into right wing pro-war propaganda but it seems you are the one spewing left-wing,pro-terrorist,anti-military, anti-American propaganda.
Go to the recruiting office, sign up for another tour. Have a blast in Baghdad, and then see if you still have the same disfuntional cheering chickenhawk attitude. If you ever intend to get in the face of one of these disillusioned vets, I hope you have a good dental plan. A difuntional chickenhawk who has never seen combat is in no positionb to lecture someone who has. They do not have a duty to retain the same chickenhawk attitude they had before they wnet over there.
I am not cheering anything.I am just saying if you out of your own god given free will sign up and join a war occupation then you have no business what so ever complaining about going to war.Would you become a preacher and complain that you had to preach and help people?

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
One does not have a duty to retain the same sheering chickenhawk mentality comming home from battle he had when going in. One who has never sen combat is in no position to chastize one who has. While not actually considered combat, I lost my zeal for combat when we had to dive under a real ship looking for a real bomb. A chickenhawk like yourself called ma coward and it is the only time in my life I ever initiated a violent reaction. It turned out that HE was the real coward. In a real situation, the tough talkers are usually the first to chicken out. It was amazing how some of the toughest talking in our unit suddenly couldn dive because thier ears wouldn't clear.Until YOU have actually been there, YOU are in no position to judge others.

Dunamite

Nov 15, 2007
IUsing value laden terms such as chicken or hawk do not help. They hinder understanding because people get defensive.There is probably a full range of opinion in the military, but I think that all would like to see more of their families and to know that their tour of duty had an end to it. Families have also shouldered much of the burden and are stressed by the separation from fathers and mothers and the added responsibility. Add to this the number of soldiers who bear scars of battle both physical and mental. I read that 120 soldiers commit suicide each week. I also know that there are many veterans who are homeless. The cost is high any way that you choose to look at it.I have an article on Walter Reed Veteran's Hospital which I will post in a new thread.We need to promote understanding and listen to what soldiers are going through if we are to support them at all. This should not shape policy, but it should make us aware of the cost.Blessings,Dunamite

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
Now I'm going to have to stand a little bit for the other side. When one does join up, as my opponents state, you do agree to obey the orders you are given. The ones mentioned as a subject in this forum obeyed their orders, completed thier obligations, and are now voicing thier disillusionment. It is their right to do so but for those who are still in and reenlist, they have no right to complain. There is a saying in the military "You don't have to like it, you just have to do it!" If one believes the cause is unjust (As I myself do) You either complete your tour and get out or if it is so unjust that you cannot obey the orders given you then you accept whatever penalty you must take for disobeying your orders.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
Same goes for the families. They know what they married into. Once again, the cause might not be considered just but thier only viable option is to finish out thier enlistment and refuse to reenlist. I am sceptical about the large number of vets claiming metal illenss. The VA has exposed a lot of people who overstate thier affairs. One man claiming combat stress in Viet Nam was revieled to have only Chipped paint, swabbed decks, and washed dishes on Yankee station. Where I am working now, we had a "Homeless Vet" whose claim to being a veteran was that he served for two years in a peacetime Navy once again only chipping paint. Lumping such people together with those who have actually been wounded in combat overburdens the system and demeans those who actually have been under fire.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
God and God alone controls the nations he will cause them to be peaceful or to War to bring about his plan not mans plan. We are told to follow civil law and that includes having a military as every civilization sense the begining of time has had. It is the structures of the nations government to have a military. One can not confuse their own politics with the Word of God whether or not one supports the war or is against has nothing to do with Gods plan for the nationsWe are in the End times and God is Jocking the Nations to bring about His prophecyour personal politics are as nothing compared to God and his glorious Plan Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
(kriss;33007)
God and God alone controls the nations he will cause them to be peaceful or to War to bring about his plan not mans plan. We are told to follow civil law and that includes having a military as every civilization sense the begining of time has had. It is the structures of the nations government to have a military. One can not confuse their own politics with the Word of God whether or not one supports the war or is against has nothing to do with Gods plan for the nationsWe are in the End times and God is Jocking the Nations to bring about His prophecyour personal politics are as nothing compared to God and his glorious Plan Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Any so called Christian who calls upon one government to go to war against another is a false teacher. The Church is not to call for war. There shall be wars and rumors of war. We don't need fake churches starting more wars than we already have. There is no such thing as "God's superpower" Superpowers by their very nature are arrogant nations who try to make themselves God. God allows these nations to rise in order so that he may smite them with lesser nations in order to show the world that any power man creates is insignifigant.If one wishes to derve then go ahead and enlist but you might find yurself at a point where you will have to obey God rather than men and willing accept courts martial in the process.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Again you deny God is in control of the nations you try to put this on christains to support your own politcal veiw Gods says he will put hooks in their mouths and he will use men to do his bidding stop trying to make your own political veiws the same as Gods they are notGod will do as he pleases and if he wants a nation to invade another nation he will do it reguardless of your political veiw and he will cause men to do it you dont have to like it but I grow tired of your badmouthing everyone that doesnt have your veiwJer 51:20 Thou [art] my battle axe [and] weapons of war: for with thee will I break in pieces the nations, and with thee will I destroy kingdoms; Eze 28:7 Behold, therefore I will bring strangers upon thee, the terrible of the nations: and they shall draw their swords against the beauty of thy wisdom, and they shall defile thy brightness. We see here God not only will make men his weapons of war he will control them sorry if you dont like it but thats Gods word on it

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
God does not make evil nations invade others. Nor does he call for self rightious nations to invade other in order to liberate them. God is indeed in control and this is what frightens me for our arrogance will not go unpunished.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
If you are callingh upon this nation to start yet another war, then you are trying to be in control instead of God. You cannot call for war and then re assure us that God is in control.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(BernieEOD;33011)
God does not make evil nations invade others. Nor does he call for self rightious nations to invade other in order to liberate them. God is indeed in control and this is what frightens me for our arrogance will not go unpunished.
Baloney the Bible is full of evil nations envading other nations God is in control

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(BernieEOD;33013)
If you are callingh upon this nation to start yet another war, then you are trying to be in control instead of God. You cannot call for war and then re assure us that God is in control.
Im not calling for anything never said I was I simply said God has a plan and he controls the nations and uses men to do his biding whether it fits yours or my political ideas

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
Sure, but God did not send them.He allowed them to do thier evil only to punish them in the end. God is not the doer of evil deeds, he allows evil men to do thier thing and God uses it to accomplish his work.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
(kriss;33016)
Im not calling for anything never said I was I simply said God has a plan and he controls the nations and uses men to do his biding whether it fits yours or my political ideas
Sure you are. You call for Bush to go to war against iran.You call for us to stay in Iraq and continue bombing them into submission.And you claim Christ copmmands us to do it....False teaching.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(BernieEOD;33018)
Sure you are. You call for Bush to go to war against iran.You call for us to stay in Iraq and continue bombing them into submission.And you claim Christ copmmands us to do it....False teaching.
I never said any of the above you are imaging things again I only said prophecy may indicate this I never said I was for it or against its you falsely assumes if one doesnt agree with your politics they are wrong Ill say again this isnt about you its about what the scriptures say

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(BernieEOD;33017)
Sure, but God did not send them.He allowed them to do thier evil only to punish them in the end. God is not the doer of evil deeds, he allows evil men to do thier thing and God uses it to accomplish his work.
Thats exactly my point God controls the nations good or Evil he alone decides who wars against another all to his end

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Exodus 15:3 - The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.Jeremiah 21:4 - Thus saith the LORD God of Israel; Behold, I will turn back the weapons of war that are in your hands, wherewith ye fight against the king of Babylon, and against the Chaldeans, which besiege you without the walls, and I will assemble them into the midst of this city.Ecclesiastes 3:3 - A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;Ecclesiastes 3:8 - A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.Enough said, even though I don't understand everything, I'll stick with His Words, God is in control.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.