A testimony of a non-believer:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a boy I know. Born sweet and generous and kind and loving, until life beats generosity, kindness and love out of him. He is precious to me. The joy of my heart. At a time, more precious to me than God, I think. That is the beginning of sorrow. Our spirits connect and I feel his pain, day in and day out. I watch the slow smothering of that light of wanting- to- love and -do- good, flicker out in his eyes. Abused endlessly by His father, the boy grows colder everyday. Day in and day out I blow on that flicker praying to God to not let that chance of hope go out. "Don't harden his heart," I plead. I am forced to ask God why? Why hurt what I value most?

There was a Father a used to know. A hater and mocker of God. Fleshly. Greedy. Vulgar. Once hopeful and kind and generous, I think, until life beats it out of him and his heart is seared with a hot iron. He becomes a weapon used against what I value most. A fathers life is cut short at the age of thirty. At the request of prayers for a father to be taken out of the way, I hope not. Whether the father was aware of it or not, he bore fruit. Fruit in me where a father taught; forgiveness, unconditional love, patience, mercy, and above all else to put God first.

One day, I hope, when this father stands before the throne of God, it will be asked, "does anyone have anything to speak concerning the judgement of this man?" And I will get the opportunity to say, "this man did the will of God by teaching: forgiveness, patience, unconditional love, mercy, and above all else to put God first."

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I hope, when this father stands before the throne of God, it will be asked, "does anyone have anything to speak concerning the judgement of this man?" And I will get the opportunity to say, "this man did the will of God by teaching: forgiveness, patience, unconditional love, mercy, and above all else to put God first."

I understand that you hope to, by this testimony, to influence the eternal destiny of this man.
I am not aware of any verse that implie that our testimonies do that.

I hope that you have oppertunity to speak to him about his destiny and to resolve your own relationship with him.

My father died recently and the memory of things I should have said are very painful.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
And I will get the opportunity to say, "this man did the will of God by teaching: forgiveness, patience, unconditional love, mercy, and above all else to put God first."
this is the same father just described above there, right? Iow this lesson he taught was by the "left hand," so to speak?

Reactions: amadeus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
this is the same father just described above there, right? Iow this lesson he taught was by the "left hand," so to speak?

No. Two separate people. Father and son. One I love, the other I grew to love despite his flaws.

Interesting you said left hand. I understand.

Reactions: bbyrd009

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that you hope to, by this testimony, to influence the eternal destiny of this man.
I am not aware of any verse that implie that our testimonies do that.

I hope that you have oppertunity to speak to him about his destiny and to resolve your own relationship with him.

My father died recently and the memory of things I should have said are very painful.

I'm sorry about the loss of your father.

Revelation 5:8
[8] And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Revelation 8:3-4
[3] And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. [4] And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.

God tells me that as a child that I can ask for my heart desires and He will give them to me. I don't want a bigger house, or a more expensive car...my hearts desire is for non-believers that are broken. If they hurt me and hurt those I love, then should my prayer for them not hold merit with God who is The God of mercy. A God whose will it is that no man should perish. So if I ask God who is restrained by time...who is to tell me God won't answer prayers?

The main point with the OP was not can a person be saved after death but was: something to consider is to see a grown man's conscience already seared and then also to watch it happen to a child. Who are we to judge how someone grew into someone so full of hate? Only God knows how a person arrives at unbelief.

Last edited:

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Belief is the most peculiar thing. There are many levels. I believed for years but was always greatly afraid of God the Father. I always felt - ie believed that God the father was only kept from punishing me by Jesus. That He had no real care for me. Fear has torment. Having greatly feared my intimidating and stern father I could never get a clear view of God really loving me.

It's taken Him decades even though I've been a strong believer in Him all the while, baptized in His Holy Spirit.

By the mercy He's shown me I'm beginning to know a little of Him. He's had to chasten and even scourge me but it was from mercy not vengeance. He looked on my heart He knew I wanted to know and please Him.

I'm grateful He didn't give up on me. I have learned much obedience from the things I've suffered. God deals with a word if possible. If that doesn't work then with a blow.

Years ago a former hell's angel came to our church and testified. His name was Ron DuPriest. He was 6'-5 and very big. He was very hardened before being saved. He killed five men that he knew of he said. He came back to Arkansas to kill a man. But he had a Pentecostal family that was praying for him. God convicted him and he was saved and now serves God.

God can change the hardest heart. I've seen it. I saw him save my alcoholic boyhood friend James and deliver him in a moment of time. God also saved my friend's father who was a hopeless alcoholic. As a boy I saw the man chug a lug a quart of wine faster than you could drink a glass of water. I was amazed when his son told me.

My wife's ex boss was a very very hard man. He owned and ran riverboats and dredges here in the south. The river men are as tough and mean as they come. I saw this man, Ike, become a Christian and be totally changed.

While there is life there is hope.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry about the loss of your father.

Revelation 5:8
[8] And when he had taken the book, the four beasts and four and twenty elders fell down before the Lamb, having every one of them harps, and golden vials full of odours, which are the prayers of saints.

Revelation 8:3-4
[3] And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. [4] And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.

God tells me that as a child that I can ask for my heart desires and He will give them to me. I don't want a bigger house, or a more expensive car...my hearts desire is for non-believers that are broken. If they hurt me and hurt those I love, then should my prayer for them not hold merit with God who is The God of mercy. A God whose will it is that no man should perish. So if I ask God who is restrained by time...who is to tell me God won't answer prayers?

The main point with the OP was not can a person be saved after death but was: something to consider is to see a grown man's conscience already seared and then also to watch it happen to a child. Who are we to judge how someone grew into someone so full of hate? Only God knows how a person arrives at unbelief.

VictoryInJesus:

As you said, "Only God knows how a person arrives at unbelief," indeed. God searched our hearts and saw something good or all bad. It is a mystery to me his criteria that draws people to him. Our prayers do make a difference. He saw your prayers and my prayers already. Maybe God factors these prayers in his criteria to lead one to salvation? It sounds logical and loving to me.

I remember when my Dad passed. I thought he was an arrogant, prideful and boastful person. Deep inside though, I prayed for him. I was also drawn to prayer again when I wrote my comments on his funeral site. Something like this: “God, I know time is no object or obstacle for you and you already knew that I loved my Dad before I wrote this to you. “

Bless you,

APAK