Abiding In Christ Necessary for Eternal Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again, what do we do after we recieve eternal life

The issue is what next? Do we just sit idle. And live out lives? Paul makes it clear we do not. For it is by Grace we have been saved (the work of God) through faith, not of works lest anyone shoudl boast. For we are his WORKMANSHIP created in Christ Jesus for good works.

These good works are the “fruit” of our labors once we are saved. This is our goal. To produce fruit. How do we do this?

We have to be attached to the vine, to “Abide in him”
God will do many things as we are sanctified to help us produce fruit

he will prune us

He will ”lift us up”

he will cut off the bad, and burn the bad in the fire.

One thing he will never do is remove our gift of Life. Because we did not earn it, we can not unearn it. It is ours forever, As the word said, He will never lose us, He also will never leave nor forsake us.
I would prefer if you would quote something I've stated, and reply to it, so I know exactly what you are objecting to.

I never denied we are to bear fruit, so this is not an objection.

The thing I'm saying is we abide (1 Jn 2:28, 3:23,24) and continue being supplied with the Spirit which is only "in His Son" (1 Jn 5:11) by following two commands. If you want to disagree, then disagree with that, and show from the immediate context why I'm wrong.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply sharing.
OK please don't "share" here. You can make your own thread if you just want to "share". If you're not engaging with material, agreeing or disagreeing, you're not part of the discussion, so please do not "share". You, in particular, are notorious for that--you are an admitted "anarchist", so your rebellion shows in your commitment to disorder. Do not bring disorder here.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s amazing that god shows us what abiding in him s and why. Yet people there are those who will say different..

never means never forever means forever,

Reactions: Ritajanice

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s amazing that god shows us what abiding in him s and why. Yet people there are those who will say different..

If you're disagreeing with something I've said, please quote it, and show me how it is wrong in context.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Amen!!

Brother my question is this....and this is not aimed at anyone here.

How can the unregenerate remain in the vine, if they aren’t Born Again?

Anyone could read scripture and give their own Eiseges..?..misspelled..It's called EISEGESIS...?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK please don't "share" here. You can make your own thread if you just want to "share". If you're not engaging with material, agreeing or disagreeing, you're not part of the discussion, so please do not "share". You, in particular, are notorious for that--you are an admitted "anarchist", so your rebellion shows in your commitment to disorder. Do not bring disorder here.

I was sharing that one side of the picture had another side of the picture. While yes, some repented that killed Yeshua, some did not and they suffered under the wrath of God. I don't understand why you are going so hard as though I am here to cause disorder. I desired to share something, however you desire me not to share, that is fine and I can make sure to not do this in the tread. May Yahava guide.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was sharing that one side of the picture had another side of the picture. While yes, some repented that killed Yeshua, some did not and they suffered under the wrath of God. I don't understand why you are going so hard as though I am here to cause disorder. I desired to share something, however you desire me not to share, that is fine and I can make sure to not do this in the tread.
1. The point that was made was that "heart conditions change" AS A RESPONSE to a point another user made. That was the discussion. The fact that some remained in sin was not relevant.

2. You are conspicuous for causing disorder, so I'm telling you at the outset not to do it. I already have had enough disorder with the people here, especially Rita Janice, and now starting with eternally grateful.

• Haha
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!!

Anyone could read scripture and give their own Eiseges..?..misspelled..It's called EISEGESIS...?
Great point.

the other point is we can not attach ourself to the vine either. God must attach us..

• Love

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. The point that was made was that "heart conditions change" AS A RESPONSE to a point another user made. That was the discussion. The fact that some remained the same is not relevant.

2. You are conspicuous for causing disorder, so I'm telling you at the outset not to do it. I already have had enough disorder with the people here, especially Rita Janice, and now starting with eternally grateful.
Good luck to you, sister or brother. All the best to you, and all. Good bye.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!!

Stop raising topics of your own.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great point.

the other point is we can not attach ourself to the vine either. God must attach us..
Stop "preaching to be choir", raising topics of your own. Stop derailing the discussion. This is not your discussion. If you want to disagree, the select something I've said and disagree.

I don't need you FLOODING my discussion, bouncing your empty rhetorical agreements with one another back and forth. That does not move the discussion forward.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Rita ....I am trying to discuss abiding in the vine..I asked a Brother , how can the unregenerate remain in the vine if they are unregenerate..I am then met with the above....where he says, stop raising topics of my own...,,?

Being Born Again is significant to be able to remain in the vine...

This is a one way topic, where this poster can’t see outside of his own theology...in other words he is trying to control the topic.

Therefore what is the point....?

Anyway....I’m out....there is no discussion as it’s “ One way”...

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Rita ....I am trying to discuss abiding in the vine..I asked a Brother , how can the unregenerate remain in the vine if they are unregenerate..I am then met with the above....where he says, stop raising topics of my own...,,?

This is a one way topic, where this poster can’t see outside of his own theology...in other words he is trying to control the topic.

Quote something I said, and show why it is wrong. You said "this is not aimed at anyone", so you're raising your own topic, not replying to what I said, by your own admission.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You have been trying to raise the issue of regenerate and unregenerate for a long time.

Now, you're bouncing a ball back and forth of preaching to your choir, those who already agree with you, which is going to do nothing but result in dozens of more off topic "high five" comments, which do nothing to move the discussion forward, and actually set it back, because people will not go back and read the discussion taking place before you and the rest of the people who agree with you started flooding it with empty "high five" comments.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Quote something I said, then agree or disagree, explaining why, don't start a dozens-of-comments-long "high five" chain reaction preaching to your choir.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Unless one is born again, He can not see the kingdom of God.

• Love

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is about Eternal life and Abiding in him

if the op does not want to talk about it. Why did he open it.
Quote something I said, then agree or disagree, explaining why, don't start a dozens-of-comments-long "high five" chain reaction preaching to your choir.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless one is born again, He can not see the kingdom of God.
Quote something I said, then agree or disagree, explaining why, don't start a dozens-of-comments-long "high five" chain reaction preaching to your choir, which functions to suppress the discussion, not move it forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.