Abortion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe someone can be Christian and support / defend aborting millions of unborn babies?

• Yes

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 25 89.3%

• Total voters

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thousands of years of studying Hebrew Scripture, rabbis understood the Hebrew meaning of when a newborn became a viable living being, which is 100% in agreement with the Bible I read.
7 Then came together unto him the Pharisees, and certain of the scribes, which came from Jerusalem.

2 And when they saw some of his disciples eat bread with defiled, that is to say, with unwashen, hands, they found fault.

3 For the Pharisees, and all the Jews, except they wash their hands oft, eat not, holding the tradition of the elders.

4 And when they come from the market, except they wash, they eat not. And many other things there be, which they have received to hold, as the washing of cups, and pots, brasen vessels, and of tables.

5 Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands?

6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.

7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men
, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.

9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

10 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:

11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.

12 And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;

13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Do I know babies breathe inside the womb? First of all there are no babies inside a womb;
Humans in the womb then, if you prefer.

Genesis 9:6
Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

and the fetus cannot breathe on its own. As an appendage of the mother, it is dependant upon the mother to supply oxygen. Babies lungs do not begin to function until after the fetus has exited the womb or they would drown before they were born.

During weeks 10 and 11 of pregnancy, the developing baby inhales tiny bits of amniotic fluid. This “inhalation” is more like a swallowing movement. It helps the baby’s lungs as they begin to develop.

By week 32 of pregnancy, a baby practices more “breath-like” movements involving compression and expansion of the lungs.

Even though the baby’s lungs do not fully develop at 32 weeks, there is a good chance a baby born at this stage might survive outside the womb.

The breathing practice is a developmental milestone that sets the new baby up for success during their first cry. Healthcare professionals consider the baby’s lungs mature at 36 weeks. By then, a baby completes at least 4 weeks of breathing practice.

Also: 21 week old baby survives preterm birth

Does it say in Genesis that the Breath of Life is oxygen? Or in the myriad of other places in Scripture which declares that the Breath of Life is the essence of Life?
The breath of life is the spirit, not a literal breath.

Job 33
The spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.

God does not breathe air, God is a metaphysical being, IE a spirit. God has no giant pair of lungs keeping him alive. By your logic, God is not alive.

Does your silly mantra demand that the Bible supply a chemical analysis of the Breath??
You said that gestating babies and poop are both made out of mud. I said a chemist can easily disprove this claim. Unless you mean how in Genesis God formed Man out of earth, in which case, by this logic, any man can be killed.

You are nuts!
You're grasping at straws

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No need for your chemist. This was all tested out decades ago and it was found that all 63 elements of the human body are found in the ground. We are just dirt; not only us but everything we eat. From dirt we come, and to dirt we return.
Human bodies also contain proteins and amino acids that aren't found in the mud. Where do these come from?

Reducing the value of anything to the atomic element level is insane. I have a bucket of mud I'll trade you for one of your kidneys, sounds like a fair trade?

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why kill them? Let them live!
Yup, if they're not alive, no point in killing them. If they're an organ, no point in removing a healthy organ. If they're just mud and so is the mother, no point in doing anything to either of them.

Either the gestating baby is alive, or else, there is no reason to take notice of it.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup, if they're not alive, no point in killing them. If they're an organ, no point in removing a healthy organ. If they're just mud and so is the mother, no point in doing anything to either of them.

Either the gestating baby is alive, or else, there is no reason to take notice of it.
As soon as our baby was born he said "Mama" twice!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thousands of years of studying Hebrew Scripture, rabbis understood the Hebrew meaning of when a newborn became a viable living being, which is 100% in agreement with the Bible I read.
Do I know babies breathe inside the womb? First of all there are no babies inside a womb; and the fetus cannot breathe on its own. As an appendage of the mother, it is dependant upon the mother to supply oxygen. Babies lungs do not begin to function until after the fetus has exited the womb or they would drown before they were born.

Does it say in Genesis that the Breath of Life is oxygen? Or in the myriad of other places in Scripture which declares that the Breath of Life is the essence of Life? Does your silly mantra demand that the Bible supply a chemical analysis of the Breath??

You are nuts!
Didn't I already exopse your nonsense back in post #251 - for which you had NO response?
But soince you're a guy who doesn't pay attention - I'll give you another Biblical spaking ono the topic . . .

Adam wasn‘t created in the same way the REST of us are.
Adam wasn’t conceived with a sperm and an egg. He was made from the dust of the ground (Gen. 2:7).
God breathed LIFE into Adam. And, by the way - it doesn't say SQUAT about "oxygen" . . .

YOU,
on the other hand, were made when your mommy and daddy came together and co-mingled their DNA created by GOD. Didn’t anybody ever teach you this??
And, by the way, Einstein - if an unborn child didn't take in oxygen in the wonb - they would NEVER survive.

Our Soul and Spirit are alive in us in the Womb.
John the Baptist “leapt for joy” in his mother’s WOMB (Luke 1:44).

Are you ever going to address this, my angry friend?
This verse ALONE renders your argument null and void . . .

Reactions: Nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wynona, Excellent response, demonstrating the source of your faith, but for Believers, subscribe to Scripture which states: "Always be prepared to give a defense to everyone who asks you the reason for the hope that is in you."

Do you find Scripture an annoying nuisance for you?
You're out of your league, pal . . .

Luke 1:44
For behold, when the sound of your greeting came to my ears, the BABY IN MY WOMB leaped for joy.

The Greek word used here is βρεπηοσ (bref'-os)
Definition:
1) an UNBORN CHILD 2) a new-born CHILD, an INFANT, a
BABE

Imagine that - an unborn CHILD, moved by the Holy Spirit to recognize the Savior, while still in the womb.
Gee - sounds to ME like Scripture is a "nuisance" for YOU . . .

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam

Adam

Nov 30, 2022
X
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

For behold, when the sound of your greeting came to my ears, the BABY IN MY WOMB leaped for joy.

Definition:
BABE

Imagine that - an unborn CHILD, moved by the Holypirit to recognize the Savior, while still in the womb.
Well this is pretty definitive in my opinion. Good catch.

Reactions: BreadOfLife

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Definition:
BABE

Imagine that - an unborn CHILD, moved by the Holy Spirit to recognize the Savior, while still in the womb.
>>BreadOfLife said: You're out of your league, pal . . .

Definition: 1) an UNBORN CHILD 2) a new-born CHILD, an INFANT, a BABE

Seems that you missed a couple definitions from brefos like: embryo and foetus. A convenient mistake on your part. Brefos is a very unspecific general term covering a wide area.

>>an unborn CHILD, moved by the Holy Spirit to recognize the Savior, while still in the womb.
The fetus Elizabeth was carrying, like that of the fetus Mary was carrying, were not at all going to be a new "Living Being". Jesus and the fetus Elizabeth was carrying had been old buddies for the past 900 years!

Elizabeth was carrying Elijah, who would be named John; And Mary was carrying Melchizidek, would be named Jesus.

The disciples did not realize that it was Elijah "His disciples asked Him, “Why then do the scribes say that Elijah must come first?” And He answered and said, “Elijah is coming and will restore all things; but I say to you that Elijah already came, and they did not recognize him, but did to him whatever they wanted. So also the Son of Man is going to suffer at their hands.” Then the disciples understood that He had spoken to them about John the Baptist." Matt 17:10-13

These miraculous events have nothing to do with birth of a new living being into the world.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it doesn't say anything about oxygen, then there would be no basis to exclude oxygen from the Breath of Life.
Correct if a text does not exclude something possible intelligent ideas are not right or wrong.

There is a logical fallacy(forget what it is called) if one can not make a case for a postion, does not mean that position has been disproved.

• Love
Reactions: Stan B

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct if a text does not exclude something possible intelligent ideas are not right or wrong.

There is a logical fallacy(forget what it is called) if one can not make a case for a postion, does not mean that position has been disproved.
Appeal To Ignorance. Counting the lack of evidence in favor of a proposition as evidence against the proposition.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Appeal To Ignorance. Counting the lack of evidence in favor of a proposition as evidence against the proposition.
I think that the idea is that a logical conclusion cannot be based upon 'absence of knowledge'.

• Love
Reactions: The Learner