About the modern Jew - potentially a major deception and distraction for believers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Spiritual Israelite

Apr 13, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me it's a simple matter. Paul in Romans 11 clarifies to us that Israel, Paul's brothers according to the flesh, will be saved after the full number of gentiles. He quotes from Isaiah 59, which context shows this to be the end of the age, and the forever saving of Israel.
I disagree with your understanding of the context. It's a key thing to understand that Paul was quoting an Old Testament prophecy from Isaiah 59 in Romans 11:26-27 and not making a new prophecy.

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Paul was referencing this prophecy:

Isaiah 59:20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the Lord. 21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.

So, again, it's important to understand that Paul was referencing an Old Testament prophecy there and expanding on it rather than making a new prophecy about the modern day nation of Israel. According to Paul, all Israel being saved would happen in conjunction with the Deliverer (Redeemer) coming out of Zion to turn away ungodliness from Jacob and establishing a covenant by which their sins would be taken away.

Did the Deliverer/Redeemer not already come long ago to turn away ungodliness from Jacob while establishing a covenant by which their sins would be taken away? He most certainly did, as Peter indicated here:

Acts 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. 25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. 26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

So, since what Paul described in Romans 11:26-27 had already started happening long ago, then what was he talking about there when he said all Israel would be saved by a Deliverer who would establish a covenant by which their sins would be forgiven? He was talking about the Israel of which not all who are descended from the nation of Israel are part (Romans 9:6-8), which some of us call Spiritual Israel. Those who are part of Spiritual Israel have been saved by the blood of Christ under the new covenant which takes away our sins. That is what Paul was talking about. Not a future mass salvation event of all physical Israelites, which is not even a reasonable thing to believe in at all.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Still afraid to answer the question.
It's because he is only a religious. He is not Saved !
He is looking for a Jesus ! because he has not been found.

Only a idiot would look to the State for Salvation. why do they do such, because clearly they are Lost !

Dudes who look to a people who reject Christ Jesus ! HAHA o_O

Not to mention one who looks up a horses tail to see what it's teeth look like. so brainwashed !

Reactions: covenantee

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree with your understanding of the context. It's a key thing to understand that Paul was quoting an Old Testament prophecy from Isaiah 59 in Romans 11:26-27 and not making a new prophecy.

Romans 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: 27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

Paul was referencing this prophecy:

Isaiah 59:20 And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the Lord. 21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the Lord; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the Lord, from henceforth and for ever.

So, again, it's important to understand that Paul was referencing an Old Testament prophecy there and expanding on it rather than making a new prophecy about the modern day nation of Israel. According to Paul, all Israel being saved would happen in conjunction with the Deliverer (Redeemer) coming out of Zion to turn away ungodliness from Jacob and establishing a covenant by which their sins would be taken away.

Did the Deliverer/Redeemer not already come long ago to turn away ungodliness from Jacob while establishing a covenant by which their sins would be taken away? He most certainly did, as Peter indicated here:

Acts 3:24 Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days. 25 Ye are the children of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying unto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kindreds of the earth be blessed. 26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

So, since what Paul described in Romans 11:26-27 had already started happening long ago, then what was he talking about there when he said all Israel would be saved by a Deliverer who would establish a covenant by which their sins would be forgiven? He was talking about the Israel of which not all who are descended from the nation of Israel are part (Romans 9:6-8), which some of us call Spiritual Israel. Those who are part of Spiritual Israel have been saved by the blood of Christ under the new covenant which takes away our sins. That is what Paul was talking about. Not a future mass salvation event of all physical Israelites, which is not even a reasonable thing to believe in at all.
Paul said it happens after the fulness of the Gentiles. Has the fulness of the Gentiles been complete? Were all the Gentiles saved prior to the Cross, and that was the extent of what Paul said? Paul wrote Romans years after the Cross. Was Paul making a future declaration, or stating the church was completed even before the Cross and nothing else needed to be done. It was all over at the Cross, and nothing happened after that point?

Paul was indicating a future restoration, and future coming, not that everything had been fulfilled years before he even wrote Romans. No one is denying the quote from the OT, or that it was fulfilled in the Cross. The point you all deny is the restoration of Israel back as a natural branch at the Second Coming. You have replaced the church with this future state of Israel as physical on the earth, and for the next 1,000 years.

Have you not indicated that this future Millennium is not future, but started at the Cross and ends at the Second Coming? Then you claim we are wrong that Paul is stating a future restoration involving physical Israel who will enjoy the Day of the Lord described by John in Revelation 20.

And it is not all of Israel that will be restored. Only a remnant, the sheep separated from the goats. All the sheep will be saved, not just some of the sheep. All the goats will be tossed into the LOF, not just some of the goats. And not dead souls. Only those literally physically alive at the Second Coming. You do realize that there are still almost 8 billion souls alive on the earth? All 8 billion have to be pronounced as to their eternal state. The church is removed first, and that is when we find out who was deceiving themselves, or who was actually born again. But then Jesus presides in Judgment over the house of Jacob. The angels will gather those lost sheep of Israel, and only a remnant will be restored as sheep. The majority tossed into the LOF as goats.

Yes, all of Israel will be restored whom Jesus decides. Not all of Israel who are already physically dead, and certainly not those Jesus decides against. Jesus already explained this judgment in the Olivet Discourse. Paul was not correcting Jesus' words. Paul was pointing out that at the Second Coming, Israel would be restored and those restored would all be natural branches at that point, 100.

And until John actually received the Revelation, all that was written in the NT was expected to happen then. No one knew the Second Coming would be 2 millennia away. Even Jesus said, he did not know, only the Father knew. Then John writes there would be a thousand year long reign of Christ. Which amil still deny is future.

The 144k are the firstfruits, those sealed of Jacob along with the rest of the sheep who will be restored. There will be more than just the 144k. Because the 144k are sealed. The sheep are brought to Jesus to be judged. At the first coming there were 12 chosen disciples and another group of 70. That is a ratio of about 1 to 6. So if we have 144k as firstfruits compared to the first coming, there would be at least 840,000 restored lost sheep of Israel as the next group.

Even if there are still 6 billion on earth during this time, that is hardly a dent in who is left to be redeemed or tossed into the LOF. Still 5 billion left. If a billion souls are judged as goats, that would be the third of humanity removed during the first 6 Trumpets. It seems pretty easy to just brush away all the facts revealed in the book of Revelation and just claim one single event where everyone is killed instantly. How much cleaner and exact can human theology make it out to be?

All 8 billion will physically die, because it is the end of Adam's dead corruptible flesh and this flesh returns to dust. But some will be cast alive into the LOF, and we are not told how that really works out physically. Some claim annihilation. The sheep will be translated without the pain of death, like Enoch was. But every last soul will be accounted for. That is the confirmation of the covenant with the many. By the end of Satan's 42 months of AoD, only those with the mark will remain, as those beheaded are not still walking around headless on the earth. Their souls judged after Satan is bound in the pit. Then the rest of the dead are judged after this creation ceases to exist, and only the dead remain and stand in judgment before God.