About works

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Abraham was not just sitting around the tent, going "I have faith. I have faith."

Abraham believed God, and he acted on his faith. When God told him to leave his father's house, the seventy year old Abram did not hesitate...he packed up everything he owned, took his wife, and left everything he had ever known to go to a place he knew nothing about.
And if that were not enough, when God told him to make a human sacrifice of his only son, the child of promise, Abraham did not hesitate...he took Isaac, trussed him up, and was ready to slit his throat, when God stopped him.

Do you think you have that kind of faith? Be honest, now...could you tie your child down and kill him because God told you to?
See it was not Abrahams work, it was Gods, God told abrahmam, Abraham believed God so he did as asked. That is what faith is, He had faith and because he did, the works of God followed, God provided a lamb in place of Hid son. god made Abraham a father of many nations, God allowed His wife at an old past child bearing age to be able to bear. See not one of those things could have happened id Abrham had no faith.

Actually that is not quiet true, God doesnt break his promises like men.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
mjrhealth said:
No but I dont, you keep the letter of the law, you strive to keep the law, it is your work, You said so yourself, you are working on it.
So, how many gods do you put before God? Do you carve your idols out of wood, or do you use stone? Of course, you have taken His name in vain..
Obviously, you do not keep the Sabbath, I don't even need to ask about that one. Have you raped your mother or beaten your father today? How many murders have you committed? Are you a shoplifter, or do you go for the big stuff, like a real cat burglar? How many sex partners do you have, and are you married to any of them? I won't even ask if you have lied about anyone, or lusted after someone else's belongings...

You mean, you don't do this stuff?
You will tell me, of course, that if I "walk in love" I will not need the law to keep me from doing these terrible things. And....try not to faint, now....I agree with you. But that is not because those laws were "done away" and it isn't because Christ paid for me to be able to do them.
Could it be that the law....that law that you claim is not binding on you...is written within your heart?

We as He is are dead to them they have no hold on us. Those who are in Christ have gone from Death to Life because of Him. If you still insist on the law, all you have is death waiting for you. As it says, if you are under the law, there is no grace.
Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Well, lookie there. It looks as if you are right, and I am wrong, doesn't it? Oh, wait:

Rom 6:15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.
Rom 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Uh oh. Looks as if you might have missed a verse or two, there.

Its like having to men driving down the road, one isists on the law teh other just living His life knowing the debta has being paid. They both speed at exactly the same time by the same amount at the same place. Cop pulls them over. Says to the first man, what is your name, so and so. Oh I see your name is here, you are free to go , than He turns to the other, and what is your name so and so. Oh I see your name is not her, you havnt accepetd the free gift, the debt is not paid, sorry you need to come to prison with me, But what about the other man?? oh he has accepted the free gift granted to him, so he is living just as he was asked to do.
So, the first guy speeds off, and a mile or so on down the road he slams into an SUV, forcing it over a cliff, and killing the family inside, including five small children.
The other guy pays his debt to society, and learns his lesson and goes on to drive safely for the rest of his life.

There is a reason for that speed limit, and the judge that told the second guy that he didn't have to keep it will be disbarred, and go to prison. Actually, he is more responsible for those deaths than that first driver was, because he is the one who lied to that man, letting him think that he could ignore the law.

Rom 4:4 Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
Rom 4:5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.
Have you read Romans 4? That chapter is not about the Ten Commandments...it is about circumcision.
But remember this...you do not bear the root....but the root bears you.

See you are trying to pay for the gift that Christ gave you for free, You havnt accepted it.
Your doing your choice you know what it says
My, how you like to judge me.
No, I am not trying to pay for anything. I am simply trying to stumble along after that Jewish Carpenter...

Joh 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
Joh 8:35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
Joh 8:36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
You might want to read a bit of what Jesus had to say on the subject of obedience...

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Do you love Him?
I do...

How can He have set your free if sin is still your mindset.???

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My, how you like to judge me.
No, I am not trying to pay for anything. I am simply trying to stumble along after that Jewish Carpenter...
Yoyu should read the start of your post oh and the previuos one too.

So barrd still clinging on, your posts get longer everytime. You hold onto the law, i with all those in Christ will hold on to love. The law achived nothing but crucifying our Lod, Love did everything by dying for us so that we could have love, and in love we have everything.

As teh bible says, the law is for bad people, are you telling us something??

1Ti_1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Uh oh. Looks as if you might have missed a verse or two, there.
seems you missed a bit

because we are not under the law,
So much about me you dont know. That is teh sad thing about forums Could tell you of Jesus and His sheep, could tell you of teh mikyway and how it is our Lords preciuos jewels as he sowed me, could tell you of God and how He gives to those who believe He is real, so much Jesus wil lgive to those who believe Him but so many clinging onto teh flesh.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
So much about me you dont know. That is teh sad thing about forums Could tell you of Jesus and His sheep, could tell you of teh mikyway and how it is our Lords preciuos jewels as he sowed me, could tell you of God and how He gives to those who believe He is real, so much Jesus wil lgive to those who believe Him but so many clinging onto teh flesh.
That may be true but there is one thing we do know. We know that you like to think that you know everything because you have a direct line of communication with God. And although in your heart I feel you probably love him very much, in your dealings with people you come across as very self-righteous. When you start to accept that most people here have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ Our Savior and are just as enthralled by him as you are then maybe you'll learn not to be so condescending. As you will note I have decided to take you off my ignore list. Hopefully I will not regret having done so.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That may be true but there is one thing we do know. We know that you like to think that you know everything because you have a direct line of communication with God. And although in your heart I feel you probably love him very much, in your dealings with people you come across as very self-righteous. When you start to accept that most people here have a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ Our Savior and are just as enthralled by him as you are then maybe you'll learn not to be so condescending. As you will note I have decided to take you off my ignore list. Hopefully I will not regret having done so.
Yes sad isnt it, so much on these frorums from all corners. All i have ever done is point people to Christ, because God has so much to offer us, even today. Can He help it if christians run away from Him. Our God is so much bigger than men allow Him to be, yet He is made small and weak by unbelief. Christians should have stories to tell of where God has taken them, and what He has shown them, but all you read about is how bad we are and how God cant possibly save us. And those who do have the strories wont come because they get rediculed and made a mockery of by christians. Jesus said it would be that way, and so it is.

Good to see you standing up for Barrd for a change ...

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
Yes sad isnt it, so much on these frorums from all corners. All i have ever done is point people to Christ, because God has so much to offer us, even today. Can He help it if christians run away from Him. Our God is so much bigger than men allow Him to be, yet He is made small and weak by unbelief. Christians should have stories to tell of where God has taken them, and what He has shown them, but all you read about is how bad we are and how God cant possibly save us. And those who do have the strories wont come because they get rediculed and made a mockery of by christians. Jesus said it would be that way, and so it is.
Good to see you standing up for Barrd for a change ...
Problem is you're mostly preaching to the choir. Yes there are different sections on this forUm that allows for praises and prayers and testimonies and so on and then there are sections that are for biblical and Theological discussions. It serves no useful purpose to point somebody to Jesus who already knows Jesus... does it?
I'm sure you understand what it means to come across as pious and self-righteous. Do you think that's what God wants us to do? I don't see anybody here getting ridiculed for standing up for Jesus.
By the way I wasn't standing up for Barrd, I was just interjecting. Barrd is totally capable of standing up for herself.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It serves no useful purpose to point somebody to Jesus who already knows Jesus... does it?
There used to be a women on a forum long time ago, a christian. used to tell me how i made her so mad. One day she wrote to another person thanking her and me for leading her to Christ. Funny how that turned out.

I'm sure you understand what it means to come across as pious and self-righteous
Yes Jesus must of come across like taht to the pharisees all teh time, They didnt want teh truth and hated Him for it. If text out of the bible upsets people, maybe they should ask God why.

Can guranteee you know all about it, seems you have being bought into question many times, But this is not supposed to be about name calling is it. If you want me to leave, ill go, Ill actually be glad to get way from it all.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
There used to be a women on a forum long time ago, a christian. used to tell me how i made her so mad. One day she wrote to another person thanking her and me for leading her to Christ. Funny how that turned out.
I'm talking about this forum MJR, are not other forums. I have no idea how you can lead a Christian to Christ?

mjrhealth said:
Yes Jesus must of come across like taht to the pharisees all teh time, They didnt want teh truth and hated Him for it. If text out of the bible upsets people, maybe they should ask God why.
Do you see this is what I mean. You're comparing yourself to Jesus which is a lot more than just being Pious and self-righteous.

mjrhealth said:
Can guranteee you know all about it, seems you have being bought into question many times, But this is not supposed to be about name calling is it. If you want me to leave, ill go, Ill actually be glad to get way from it all.
I never said I wanted you to go nor even implied it. The reason I put you on ignore was so I myself wouldn't get angry and say something I would regret later. I have a real hard time with people that think that they are spiritually more mature than the majority of people that they deal with. It's one thing to discuss the Bible and argue about what scripture does or doesn't say, but when one decides that the Bible is secondary to the voice they hear in their head, then that to me is very problematic.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you see this is what I mean. You're comparing yourself to Jesus which is a lot more than just being Pious and self-righteous.
I made a statement, how is that comparing. But Jesus was always getting in trouble for comaring Himself to god. Are we not supposed to be like jesus.
but when one decides that the Bible is secondary to the voice they hear in their head, then that to me is very problematic
When people dismiss God as not having anything to say, and placing teh bible above God and Jesus, that is a real problem. How can one be hearing from teh Holy Spirirt whne all he has to say is what God gives Him to say. and if God has no more to say, than he has nothing to say.

As I keep pointing out Jesus did much more than Just die for us. But many are not interested in all the other things.

The reason I put you on ignore was so
Jesus said to come to Him liek little children, not act like them. I stil lread your posts because you do have good things to say. i dont have an ignore list, its childish.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
StanJ said:
Problem is you're mostly preaching to the choir. Yes there are different sections on this forUm that allows for praises and prayers and testimonies and so on and then there are sections that are for biblical and Theological discussions. It serves no useful purpose to point somebody to Jesus who already knows Jesus... does it?
I'm sure you understand what it means to come across as pious and self-righteous. Do you think that's what God wants us to do? I don't see anybody here getting ridiculed for standing up for Jesus.
By the way I wasn't standing up for Barrd, I was just interjecting. Barrd is totally capable of standing up for herself.
Why, thank you, Stan.
I think...
Means a lot, coming from you, it truly does.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
mjrhealth said:
I made a statement, how is that comparing. But Jesus was always getting in trouble for comaring Himself to god. Are we not supposed to be like jesus.
Do you really think that you are "like Jesus"?

When people dismiss God as not having anything to say, and placing teh bible above God and Jesus, that is a real problem. How can one be hearing from teh Holy Spirirt whne all he has to say is what God gives Him to say. and if God has no more to say, than he has nothing to say.
You do know that the Bible is the Word of God, don't you? That God inspired men to write those 66 books over a period of around 15000 years, and from many different places in Europe, Africa, and Asia?

And did you know that there were a couple of times when God wrote with His Own finger?

You can read about the mysterious hand that appeared and wrote some strange words in Daniel 5, I believe. It was a message for the king...all about how he had not obeyed the Lord.

And then, there are the Ten Commandments, written on tablets of stone by the Finger of God, Himself. God must have thought those laws were pretty important.

Of course, we need not read them from tablets of stone any more...that was the Old Covenant. In the New Covenant, we have those laws written on our hearts...and we have the Holy Spirit, Who calls to our mind all that Jesus taught us.s

As I keep pointing out Jesus did much more than Just die for us. But many are not interested in all the other things.
Yes, He certainly did.
Among other things, He taught us to obey the law.
What law? Why, God's law, of course.

Jesus said to come to Him liek little children, not act like them. I stil lread your posts because you do have good things to say. i dont have an ignore list, its childish.
Actually, an ignore list is a good thing...kind of like that little valve on top of the pressure cooker. When too much pressure builds up, you open the valve and let the steam escape before the whole thing blows up.
When you feel yourself getting so frustrated and angry with another user, you stick them in the ignore drawer till you can deal with them without losing your temper.
In this way, we obey the rules of the forum.

Oh, darn...there's that little four-letter word again...

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Do you really think that you are "like Jesus"?
If I was I wouldn tneed Him. But that is His work not mine.
You do know that the Bible is the Word of God, don't you? That God inspired men to write those 66 books over a period of around 15000 years, and from many different places in Europe, Africa, and Asia?
No actaully, teh bible says, jesus is teh worrdof God come in the folesh, the bible is a colltion if books and letters recorded by man. A lot of it is puerly eyewirness accounts, but yes it does have a lot of what god has to say to mine. For me to say otherwise would be to call God a liar and a decieiver, Does not teh bible say, God is not the author of confusion, so whay are theer so many confused bible studying christians.???
And did you know that there were a couple of times when God wrote with His Own finger
As I said Barrd. God has much to show us but so few will go to Him. Jesus Himself showed me with Hi very own finger about the milky way, and His precious Jewels. You know that bit about the heavens declare His glory, oh and teh Precious jewels bit is in the bible too.
What law? Why, God's law, of course.
Actuillay as so many keep pointing out, it is Love, Jesus came to fullfil teh law, Low fulfils the law. So therefore those who do not wlak in love seem to need the law. He cant help it if thats what they want.

But Barrd I shall now leave you to your precious delusion. Even teh bible says we shouldnt contend over these things, and after seeing you and stan Butting heads. i might just bow out. But i will say this, for me to agrre with you i would have to become like the pharrisees who condemned Him and spit in His face and stick Him back up on that cross. Jesus didnt die so you could keep the law, he died so you would be free from condemnation, And since the law continually keeps you condmened, you have to keep putting Him back up there , he said He would only ever do it once. Isnt that enough for you.

Joh_5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

You cnat be passed from death to life if the law is constantly killing you

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
This is why you get in trouble because you make like you don't even know what you're saying. Is that true?
Jesus never compared himself to God. How is it you don't know that? We are supposed to be christ-like that doesn't mean be like Jesus. Kind of impossible to be like Jesus.

mjrhealth said:
No, that's how Jesus wanted it to be. Even Jesus himself said "it is written". God's word will never contradict what he says but many people who report to speak for God do and have contradicted what God's word says. This is a theology form and theology is based on God's word. You can't discuss theology with her bringing God's word into the mix. When it suits you, you use God's word and when it doesn't suit you, you don't use it. That's mighty convenient for you and completely disingenuous. If Jesus was to tell you to put your hand in a pit of vipers would you?

mjrhealth said:
That's right he also rose again from the dead to defeat death. He also asked the father to send the Holy Spirit to us so that we could have power in our lives and to teach us what the word of God says. What exactly are you referring to? You say nobody's interested but I haven't seen you say anything about what else Jesus did for us.

mjrhealth said:
Well the way you convey that you didn't say that did you? If I have to continually pull out of you what you mean to say that it's not going to be very productive between you and I. The way you responded was in a negative fashion not a positive fashion hence the reason I quoted what Paul said about being a child. It's still applicable regardless. Hebrew says we are to move on to maturity and that does not involve giving up on the word of God. Ignore list is here for a reason but I have no problem with it at all. It's designed to decrease tension between people and in that vein it does its job. If I don't have to look it's somebody's posts all day long then I'm not going to be annoyed by what they write. I don't have a problem admitting that I'm an imperfect human being.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
giving up on the word of God
Never gave uop on Jesus, as he said

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

YEs many stil lthink teh bible can give them life yet all you read is everyone arguing over who is right. god and Jesus and teh Holy spirit are right, the ywill never disagree, but who need them we have "technogly" we have the bible.

2Co_3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

or

Joh_4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Joh_14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

everythinh is of teh spirit, yet it also says

1Co_3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

yes so much of that going around.

But dont worry ill be gone soon enough. Jesus said there are many who wont chnage, they are His problem.

Death where is thy sting, that is teh last thing to be put down yet you have given up so much that God has to offer, even today us mere men can stand before God because of what Christ did, but so few have because they dont believe.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
Never gave uop on Jesus, as he said

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

YEs many stil lthink teh bible can give them life yet all you read is everyone arguing over who is right. god and Jesus and teh Holy spirit are right, the ywill never disagree, but who need them we have "technogly" we have the bible.

2Co_3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

or

Joh_4:23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
Joh_14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

everythinh is of teh spirit, yet it also says

1Co_3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

yes so much of that going around.

But dont worry ill be gone soon enough. Jesus said there are many who wont chnage, they are His problem.

Death where is thy sting, that is teh last thing to be put down yet you have given up so much that God has to offer, even today us mere men can stand before God because of what Christ did, but so few have because they dont believe.
Not what I said and you picked this totally out of context I didn't say give up on Jesus I should give up on God's word that's not the same thing. Obviously you know how to use the quote function but you obviously also know how to use it improperly. Not very generous of you

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
give up on God's word that's not the same thing.
Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

As I said, never gave up on Jesus. Not out of context at all,

Not very generous of you
no we just dont fit your idea of perfect, no intention of becoming so learned as Paul put it.

Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

yes a very learned man, who became humbled in teh site of Jesus, counetd all He had as worthless, just wanted to know Jesus. and that was after He thought he knew Him, had the OT and all.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
Joh_1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

As I said, never gave up on Jesus. Not out of context at all,

no we just dont fit your idea of perfect, no intention of becoming so learned as Paul put it.

Php 3:5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee;
Php 3:6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

yes a very learned man, who became humbled in teh site of Jesus, counetd all He had as worthless, just wanted to know Jesus. and that was after He thought he knew Him, had the OT and all.
Indeed you did, because I was referring to the written word which is what we've been talking about. The fact that you switch over to John 1 is nothing more than playing games. Not something that one who professes to have the truth would do

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Indeed you did, because I was referring to the written word which is what we've been talking about.
Shoe mw which part of teh bible is Gods word ie he spoke it, and i will show you much of the bible that says it is not all God word, even teh disciples them selves said so. but can he help it if man prefer books to the Living God or the living Jesus. i dont know why you are so mad at me. God gives to all equally. not His fault some reject His offering. We are supoosed to,

Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Funny thing is when Jesus teaches you, even God they will show you bits in teh bible that are true.

Religion has being responsible for the decline in truth, made men slave to books teachers and churches. men who are supposed to follow after Christ, but prefer to follow men, but pointless contending with you, may I go back onto your ignre list, at least you wont get mad. i could tell you why you get mad, but that will just make you mad and it shouldnt.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
Shoe mw which part of teh bible is Gods word ie he spoke it, and i will show you much of the bible that says it is not all God word, even teh disciples them selves said so. but can he help it if man prefer books to the Living God or the living Jesus. i dont know why you are so mad at me. God gives to all equally. not His fault some reject His offering.
2 Tim 3:16-17
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
Psalm 119:7,11
I will praise you with an upright heart as I learn your righteous laws.
I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
2 Peter 1:20
Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things.
Deuteronomy 28:58-59
If you do not carefully follow all the words of this law, which are written in this book, and do not revere this glorious and awesome name—the Lord your God—the Lord will send fearful plagues on you and your descendants, harsh and prolonged disasters, and severe and lingering illnesses.
Joshua 8:34
Afterward, Joshua read all the words of the law—the blessings and the curses—just as it is written in the Book of the Law.
Acts 15:15
The words of the prophets are in agreement with this, as it is written.
Roman 2:22-24
This is why “it was credited to him as righteousness.” The words “it was credited to him” were written not for him alone, but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness—for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead.
Rev 1:3
Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.
Matt 3:17
And a voice from heaven said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased.”
Matt 17:5
While he was still speaking, a bright cloud covered them, and a voice from the cloud said, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”

There are many, many more, but if you don't know these then you'll never know all of them. If you don't believe these then you'll never believe anything in God's written word.

mjrhealth said:
We are supoosed to,
Rom_8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
You have no right to quote scripture if you refuse to accept it all as being from God. The Bible doesn't contradict itself all the Bible is truth and leave us to God. If you accept Romans 8:14 you have to accept everything else that I've posted above.

mjrhealth said:
Religion has being responsible for the decline in truth, made men slave to books teachers and churches. men who are supposed to follow after Christ, but prefer to follow men, but pointless contending with you, may I go back onto your ignre list, at least you wont get mad. i could tell you why you get mad, but that will just make you mad and it shouldnt.
Don't blame God for man doing it wrong. God is perfect and never lies. Man is not perfect and man lies.
John 20:30-31
Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.
You didn't find Jesus on your own friend, you found Jesus in the written word of God and through people who believed it and spoke it to you.

You can't pick and choose what to believe out of God's written word, you either believe it all or you don't believe any of it. You choose.