About works

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Bible doesn't contradict itself all the Bible
funny, yet here barrd has one stance on teh law, and oithers have a differnt one, that is a contradiction. You really should read the bible

You didn't find Jesus on your own friend, you found Jesus in the written word of God and through people who believed it and spoke it to yo
Actually I didnt find him, He found me, my dad gave me my first bible the day i gave my life to Christ. Cost me plenty that decision.Sorry my bad, how coudl He find me ,He already knew where I was. But you know waht I mean.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
funny, yet here barrd has one stance on teh law, and oithers have a differnt one, that is a contradiction. You really should read the bible
I said the Bible doesn't contradict itself, I didn't say people don't contradict it. Sadly that happens all the time

mjrhealth said:
Actually I didnt find him, He found me, my dad gave me my first bible the day i gave my life to Christ. Cost me plenty that decision.Sorry my bad, how coudl He find me ,He already knew where I was. But you know waht I mean.
So you knew nothing about Jesus the day you gave your life to him?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So you knew nothing about Jesus the day you gave your life to him?
Actually not that much . he died on a cross was all i ever got out if teh catholic church, oh and He was beaten, and carried a cross up a hill. Listening to "mass" in latin was never much fun as a kid. I could pretty much recite mass from brginning to end with my eyes closed by the time I was nine. Glad Jesus called me out of that fiasco. But He taught me much before I even got my first bible.
said the Bible doesn't contradict itsel
When two passages dont agree, that is a contradiction. Doesnt matter if it was two differnt accounts, as you dont know which of the two was correct. Was you like me to post one for you. It is one little story of Jesus and a man and some pigs, ony ever heard teh one version tilI read the bible and found there was two.

And we have got way off the beaten track, have we not.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
Actually not that much . he died on a cross was all i ever got out if teh catholic church, oh and He was beaten, and carried a cross up a hill. Listening to "mass" in latin was never much fun as a kid. I could pretty much recite mass from brginning to end with my eyes closed by the time I was nine. Glad Jesus called me out of that fiasco. But He taught me much before I even got my first bible.
So how exactly did you arrive at the conclusion that you had to give your life to Jesus to be saved? How and what exactly did he teach you before you got your first Bible?

mjrhealth said:
When two passages dont agree, that is a contradiction. Doesnt matter if it was two differnt accounts, as you dont know which of the two was correct. Was you like me to post one for you. It is one little story of Jesus and a man and some pigs, ony ever heard teh one version tilI read the bible and found there was two.
And we have got way off the beaten track, have we not.
Well as I said the Bible doesn't contradict itself but you go ahead and give me the passages you think do and I'll tell you how you're wrong.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Well as I said the Bible doesn't contradict itself but you go ahead and give me the passages you think do and I'll tell you how you're wrong.
Mat 8:28 And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.
Mat 8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?
Mat 8:30 And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding.
Mat 8:31 So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.
Mat 8:32 And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.

Mar 5:2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
Mar 5:3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:
Mar 5:4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.

There are actually 3 acct 2 agree one doesnt.

Luk 8:27 And when he went forth to land, there met him out of the city a certain man, which had devils long time, and ware no clothes, neither abode in any house, but in the tombs.
Luk 8:28 When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not.

Seems one person got it wrong.

YEs you are right God doesnt make mistakes people do. but you declaerd it all to be Gods word, so you have said God makes mistakes. Now go read all the accounts of who saw what after Jesus resurection. try find two stories that agree.

So how exactly did you arrive at the conclusion that you had to give your life to Jesus to be saved?
See Stan bcause I just had too. But you wouldnt understand. Mt dad came all teh way from Perth to Sydney for a holiday. Said he wanted to go t ochurch. so we looked up in the phone dir, to find one, on teh way I said to him, "you didnt just come here for a holiday did you". he just smiled. next thing im in this church and giving my life to Christ. it was my time to do so. Wasnt till much later my dad told mr he was praying, and was going to tell me, when the Lord told him to wailt, tha twas when i asked the question.

See we are supoosed to be spiritual beings, but that is far from teh case. I can gurantee you my case is not special tere are many who would have had even more special moments.

As for what he taught me. All about His love, even before I kew it was Him doing all teh showing. he proved to me that He knew ehere I was going, even if I didnt. And you know how I came out of the RC churh, a little voice spoke to me. yes that Holy Spirit that God gives to al whom believe, spoke to me just after i had being to a mass and said," there is spmething wrong with all of this". tah twas teh last time i wen to mass and my adventure began. And wlaking with Jesus is an adventur.

Seems God knew I belived before I did.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
Mat 8:28 And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.
Mat 8:29 And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?
Mat 8:30 And there was a good way off from them an herd of many swine feeding.
Mat 8:31 So the devils besought him, saying, If thou cast us out, suffer us to go away into the herd of swine.
Mat 8:32 And he said unto them, Go. And when they were come out, they went into the herd of swine: and, behold, the whole herd of swine ran violently down a steep place into the sea, and perished in the waters.

Mar 5:2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
Mar 5:3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:
Mar 5:4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.

There are actually 3 acct 2 agree one doesnt.

Luk 8:27 And when he went forth to land, there met him out of the city a certain man, which had devils long time, and ware no clothes, neither abode in any house, but in the tombs.
Luk 8:28 When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not.
Seems one person got it wrong.
Well I could give you the rather detailed complicated answer but you probably wouldn't understand it nor would you read it so I'll give you the rather simplistic answer. This is not a contradiction it is a discrepancy. You can look up the meaning of the two words in the dictionary to see what they actually mean.

mjrhealth said:
YEs you are right God doesnt make mistakes people do. but you declaerd it all to be Gods word, so you have said God makes mistakes. Now go read all the accounts of who saw what after Jesus resurection. try find two stories that agree.
No, you have said God makes mistakes, I said there is no contradiction in God's word. The example you give above is not a contradiction, it is a discrepancy. The event happened. If you really want to know about it then you can study it but again I have the feeling that you wouldn't bother accepting the explanation. You're the one that said there are plenty of contradictions in the Bible so it's up to you to present the contradictions. They have to be actual contradictions and not just discrepancies. Remember we don't have the autographs, just copies of the autographs so we don't actually know what the original manuscripts contained, but in any event what you brought up so far is not contradictory

mjrhealth said:
See Stan bcause I just had too. But you wouldnt understand. Mt dad came all teh way from Perth to Sydney for a holiday. Said he wanted to go t ochurch. so we looked up in the phone dir, to find one, on teh way I said to him, "you didnt just come here for a holiday did you". he just smiled. next thing im in this church and giving my life to Christ. it was my time to do so. Wasnt till much later my dad told mr he was praying, and was going to tell me, when the Lord told him to wailt, tha twas when i asked the question.
Is your memory that bad that you can't remember exactly what happened on the day that you gave your life to Jesus? If you have a mental blackout? Were you hypnotized?

mjrhealth said:
See we are supoosed to be spiritual beings, but that is far from teh case. I can gurantee you my case is not special tere are many who would have had even more special moments.
No we are supposed to be tripartite beings having been made in the image of our tripartite God. We are Body Soul and Spirit and if we endure, we will receive the crown of eternal life and will be forever Body Soul and Spirit.

mjrhealth said:
As for what he taught me. All about His love, even before I kew it was Him doing all teh showing. he proved to me that He knew ehere I was going, even if I didnt. And you know how I came out of the RC churh, a little voice spoke to me. yes that Holy Spirit that God gives to al whom believe, spoke to me just after i had being to a mass and said," there is spmething wrong with all of this". tah twas teh last time i wen to mass and my adventure began. And wlaking with Jesus is an adventur.
Again it seems like you're leaving out a lot of detail but I can't really tell if it's because you can't remember are you doing it purposefully.
One thing I know is that your version contradicts what John 20:30-31 teaches;
Jesus performed many other signs in the presence of his disciples, which are not recorded in this book. But these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
See Stan, prblem with you, is you have God in your little box. and you wont let Him ou. a discepnacy, hmmm is no t God inerran... and I have never said God makes mistakes. See you and so many are msiing out, not becuase of God but because you wont give Him a chance, I was watching a video yesterda, this scietist was speaking about., anomalies, things tha tdont fit the picture they have drawn, these are ignored, hopefully to bre forgotten but usualy something pops up to prov e thhe anomly was not but a norm. Christians do that. they put God into a box and wont let Him out, than get mad at all those who choose to believe Him.

And here you are, asking me to tell you how i was saved, than ripping into me becuase it doesnt suit your point of view. It would be poinltess me discussiing it with you becuase none of what I say will fit your picture.

God bless

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
See Stan, prblem with you, is you have God in your little box. and you wont let Him ou. a discepnacy, hmmm is no t God inerran... and I have never said God makes mistakes. See you and so many are msiing out, not becuase of God but because you wont give Him a chance, I was watching a video yesterda, this scietist was speaking about., anomalies, things tha tdont fit the picture they have drawn, these are ignored, hopefully to bre forgotten but usualy something pops up to prov e thhe anomly was not but a norm. Christians do that. they put God into a box and wont let Him out, than get mad at all those who choose to believe Him.
Do you really not care that people will not understand what you type with all these errors? Don't you even proofread what you type?
Nobody is putting God in a box and He himself tells us that we will know Him by his written word. You keep on making excuses to not listen to His written word but when push comes to shove you use his written word to try to prove a point. I asked you very simple questions which you can't seem to answer. That's your problem not mine.
I can assure you that you're not an anomaly even though that is what you would like us all to believe. Typically what you are is a type of person that doesn't want to be responsible to anyone and therefore you put yourself in your own box that is outside of the norm just so you don't have to be accountable. Well sorry but the Bible tells us that we are to submit to one another and to be accountable to the body. If you can't do that then you can't be considered one of us and although that may be what you think you want that is personally destructive to yourself.

mjrhealth said:
And here you are, asking me to tell you how i was saved, than ripping into me becuase it doesnt suit your point of view. It would be poinltess me discussiing it with you becuase none of what I say will fit your picture.
I didn't rip into you at all. I asked you some very pertinent and easy questions which you seem to have a hard time answering. You didn't get saved in a vacuum, but some of your comments and posts seem to be very vacuous.
Why would you react so violently to the light of questioning on a Christian forum if you had nothing to hide?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You didn't get saved in a vacuum, but some of your comments and
No I got saved by Jesus, just not how youd expect it to be. Never said the bible was no good, it says it is good for teaching, as I pointed out so many times, Jesus said scripture leads yo uto Him, tahn He says we are supposed to go to Him. You lknow this bit.

Take up His cross and follow me etc etc, or we it says.

you wont come to me so I can give you life.

We are supposed to lead people to Christ not keep Him from them this bit.

Mat_23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Luk_11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

See you are suppoosed to ask God, than he shows you where it is written, but men do it backwards,

You know revelation that bit you quoted not so long ago,

Mat_16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Guess where it comes form, not reading but God, how can you get revelation when you dont believe God has anything to say, and where did you think he heard it, which body part. Why do you have so much trouble with people who hear from God or want to??? They have no more than you could have if you believe.

No Stan i can recall where the church was, i can remember walking up and praying for people I didnt know. but it is Christs doing not my work, I have nothing to boast of, no smarts, no learning, just Jesus, and he is enough for me.

And now ill gracefully bow out,

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
No I got saved by Jesus, just not how youd expect it to be. Never said the bible was no good, it says it is good for teaching, as I pointed out so many times, Jesus said scripture leads yo uto Him, tahn He says we are supposed to go to Him. You lknow this bit.

Take up His cross and follow me etc etc, or we it says.

you wont come to me so I can give you life.

We are supposed to lead people to Christ not keep Him from them this bit.

Mat_23:13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.

Luk_11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

See you are suppoosed to ask God, than he shows you where it is written, but men do it backwards,

You know revelation that bit you quoted not so long ago,

Mat_16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Guess where it comes form, not reading but God, how can you get revelation when you dont believe God has anything to say, and where did you think he heard it, which body part. Why do you have so much trouble with people who hear from God or want to??? They have no more than you could have if you believe.

No Stan i can recall where the church was, i can remember walking up and praying for people I didnt know. but it is Christs doing not my work, I have nothing to boast of, no smarts, no learning, just Jesus, and he is enough for me.
And now ill gracefully bow out,
I expect nothing because I know nothing. The rest of your post is just noise to drown out, for some reason, what actually happened. Seems to me you've designed a backstory to fit around your current story. One thing a Christian should be is open like a book and not try to hide or redact anything. I don't get that sense from you. In any event at this point it's not worth pursuing because you obviously don't want people to know.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I expect nothing because I know nothing. The rest of your post is just noise to drown out, for some reason, what actually happened. Seems to me you've designed a backstory to fit around your current story. One thing a Christian should be is open like a book and not try to hide or redact anything. I don't get that sense from you. In any event at this point it's not worth pursuing because you obviously don't want people to know.
No told you as it is. you just dont want to beleiev it. Could tell you about Pia, wanted to die, and did, called out to Jesus in the darkness and he appeared and restored Her to life, and taught her face to face on this earth. But i doubt you would believe that was possible. Still doesnt know to this day why she called Him, seems she was set to do so even though she didnt know it. An than there is my dad, on teh brink of suicide, but thats another story.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
mjrhealth said:
No told you as it is. you just dont want to beleiev it. Could tell you about Pia, wanted to die, and did, called out to Jesus in the darkness and he appeared and restored Her to life, and taught her face to face on this earth. But i doubt you would believe that was possible. Still doesnt know to this day why she called Him, seems she was set to do so even though she didnt know it. An than there is my dad, on teh brink of suicide, but thats another story.
I don't want to believe what, that you're not telling us the whole story? No problem I believe that. There is no doubt that God comes to people who cry out in sincerity all the time. I cried out to God several times in my youth and I know he heard me and answered me but then I just went on my merry way. It wasn't until I was actually preached the good news of Jesus Christ that I realized that he had to be my savior and so I confessed him and accepted him as such.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Cor 11:2-3
2 For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
NKJV

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
H. Richard said:
2 Cor 11:2-3
2 For I am jealous for you with godly jealousy. For I have betrothed you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.
3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
NKJV
Point?

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
The natural man can not believe that God has paid for all the sins of mankind and that all a person has to do is trust in Jesus' work on the cross. The natural man says in his heart I can do righteous acts, sing songs and pay lip service to God in religion in such a manor that God will accept me.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
H. Richard said:
The natural man can not believe that God has paid for all the sins of mankind and that all a person has to do is trust in Jesus' work on the cross. The natural man says in his heart I can do righteous acts, sing songs and pay lip service to God in religion in such a manor that God will accept me.
Well that's wrong because the natural man has to confess Jesus as Lord and savior. It's only after he confesses Jesus as his Lord and savior that he changes from one degree of glory to the next.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
StanJ said:
Well that's wrong because the natural man has to confess Jesus as Lord and savior. It's only after he confesses Jesus as his Lord and savior that he changes from one degree of glory to the next.
And when that happens, the Holy Spirit becomes a part of that new believer.
He will, as Christ promised, bring to our minds everything that Jesus taught us. He will write God's law upon our hearts.
And we will obey Him.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
foolishness! How can a person trust in Jesus' work on the cross without already knowing in his/her heart that Jesus is the Son of God?

It is the natural man that can not see and know that Jesus' work on the cross pays for all the sins of the world.

Don't you all understand simple English?