Abraham

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Thusly:
1. Law and the prophets = from Moses
2. Judaism = later traditions ADDED by the scribes and Pharisees (after Judah's return to Jerusalem from Babylon)

What Christ Jesus fulfilled on His cross:
1. Law and the prophets (specific parts involving prophecy about His first coming, and the handwriting of ordinances in the law)

Yes, Jesus fulfilled the Law but Jesus also said He had not come to do away with the Law.

Veteran, do you still keep the 10 Commandment Law or do you willfully break all the 10 Commandments? Yes or No?

God bless.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Do you follow the traditions of Judaism, or do you follow Jesus Christ?

Your sidestepping and running and hiding from my question again and again. What is it about my questions that frighten you so much that you cannot bring yourself to answer my questions, but instead resort to the popular sidestep shuffle by asking questions instead of answering?

I will try again to get a direct and honest answer from you:

Veteran, do you still keep the 10 Commandment Law or do you willfully break all the 10 Commandments?

God bless.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Your sidestepping and running and hiding from my question again and again. What is it about my questions that frighten you so much that you cannot bring yourself to answer my questions, but instead resort to the popular sidestep shuffle by asking questions instead of answering?

I will try again to get a direct and honest answer from you:

Veteran, do you still keep the 10 Commandment Law or do you willfully break all the 10 Commandments?

God bless.

Why shoud I answer your questions when you have no intention of acting like a Christian here? Do you like those of Phariseeic Judaism somehow think that I am subject to you? I am not one of your subjects, nor will I ever be. Christ Jesus is my Saviour, and He rebuked the traditions of your fathers.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Why shoud I answer your questions when you have no intention of acting like a Christian here? Do you like those of Phariseeic Judaism somehow think that I am subject to you? I am not one of your subjects, nor will I ever be. Christ Jesus is my Saviour, and He rebuked the traditions of your fathers.

So veteran, instead of answering my question, you have resorted to personally attacking me and condemning me instead. Dear oh dear. Fine veteran, that's between you and God now.

I love you veteran, and I forgive you.

God bless.

Jul 6, 2011
Hi Veteren,
Just that, the 'traditions' of the scribes and Pharisees is where Judaism came from, separate from the Old Covenant and law through Moses. Prior to the split of old Israel, the religion of Judaism DID NOT EXIST. It was a later fabrication of certain religious sects of the Jews AFTER... Judah's return from the 70 years Babylon captivity.
Ah. Good point. I would yes and no because Judaism today usually means the law and prophets as well.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hi Veteren,
Ah. Good point. I would yes and no because Judaism today usually means the law and prophets as well.

Yet that's exactly how Satan works, adding his own twist to God's Truth. He even did it to our Lord Jesus in Luke 4 by quoting almost perfectly from Ps.91:11-12.

Luke 4:9-12
9 And he brought Him to Jerusalem, and set Him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto Him, "If thou be the Son of God, cast Thyself down from hence:
10 For it is written, 'He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee:
11 And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.'"
12 And Jesus answering said unto him, "It is said, 'Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.'"
(KJV)

Ps 91:11-12
11 For He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
(KJV)

That "at any time" addition changes the whole meaning of the Psalms 91:12 verse, for it would mean our Lord Jesus could test The Father in that at any time He wanted, and He would not be harmed.

And thus Christ's answer, "Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God."

That explains why our Lord Jesus said the traditions of the Pharisees make The Word of God of none effect (Mark 7:13). It's because of their 'leaven' traditions added... to The Word of God, much like that Luke 4 example of how Satan twisted the Ps.91:11-12 meaning by adding to it.

To cement that leaven tradition idea among His disciples, He reminded them of the many baskets of fragments that were gathered up after feeding the multitudes...

Matt 16:5-12
5 And when His disciples were come to the other side, they had forgotten to take bread.
6 Then Jesus said unto them, "Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees."
7 And they reasoned among themselves, saying, It is because we have taken no bread.
8 Which when Jesus perceived, He said unto them, "O ye of little faith, why reason ye among yourselves, because ye have brought no bread?
9 Do ye not yet understand, neither remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets ye took up?
10 Neither the seven loaves of the four thousand, and how many baskets ye took up?
11 How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees?"
12 Then understood they how that He bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.
(KJV)

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
I am always fascinated how my question frightens or upsets some people, the exact same people who teach that the Law of God is now abolished, but when I ask them, "Do you follow any Law today that was given by God, for example the 10 Commandment Moral Law? Or do you willfully break it?", they run and hide, or personally attack my character instead and refuse to provide a direct and honest answer.

God bless.

Sabitarian

Sep 11, 2011
Angelina,
I realize that you are typical Christian following Papal traditions instead of God and you do not know any better, thus I forgive you for not understanding. The promise was given to Abraham not just because he was willing to sacrifice his son, but because he kept all of the laws of God, which began in Genesis with 1:14 where we were given the sun and moon in order to keep the Sabbaths of God. I stated of God and not of the Jews for you to realize that they are not the laws of the Jews, but the laws of God. The Children of Israel were given the Sacrificial Laws, because of their sinful nature as they were exposed to Egyptian rule for 400 years after the new ruler took over and the pagan god’s of Egypt. That is the reason the 4[sup]th[/sup] Commandment starts with Remember, as it had been a long time since they had been under God’s rule. The Holy Days of God were not part of the law that was fulfilled by Christ only the sacrifices.
Brightmorningstar,
You are partially right, the laws are not Jewish, but of God and were from the beginning. God chose Abraham to be His and made a covenant with him, for He knew Abraham would keep the covenant. If you notice in other post I explain that none of the Holy Days have been done away with. And you are right using Matthew 5:17-18 as your guide, as the meaning is clear to anyone who tries to understand them. Christ plainly states that salvation comes through the Jews, thus no different Gospel is to be taught that states otherwise.
humble servant of the Lord God Most High

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Angelina,
I realize that you are typical Christian following Papal traditions instead of God and you do not know any better, thus I forgive you for not understanding. The promise was given to Abraham not just because he was willing to sacrifice his son, but because he kept all of the laws of God, which began in Genesis with 1:14 where we were given the sun and moon in order to keep the Sabbaths of God.

Where in the world did you get that idea? Is that what Judaism is teaching today?

Gen 22:13-18
13 And Abraham lifted up his eyes, and looked, and behold behind him a ram caught in a thicket by his horns: and Abraham went and took the ram, and offered him up for a burnt offering in the stead of his son.
14 And Abraham called the name of that place Jehovah-jireh: as it is said to this day, In the mount of the LORD it shall be seen.
15 And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,
16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:
17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;
18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed My voice.
(KJV)

Might want to tell those you learned that idea from to try re-reading that Gen.22 Scripture as written this time, and quit philosphizing around in Gen.1:14.

I stated of God and not of the Jews for you to realize that they are not the laws of the Jews, but the laws of God. The Children of Israel were given the Sacrificial Laws, because of their sinful nature as they were exposed to Egyptian rule for 400 years after the new ruler took over and the pagan god’s of Egypt. That is the reason the 4[sup]th[/sup] Commandment starts with Remember, as it had been a long time since they had been under God’s rule. The Holy Days of God were not part of the law that was fulfilled by Christ only the sacrifices.

Christ Jesus fulfilled the handwriting of ordinances in the law, nailing it upon His cross (Col.2; Eph.2). And the Sabbath tradition of holding to a specific day of doing no work was given in the law through Moses...

Exod 31:15
15 Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.
(KJV)

When Christ Jesus returns, then... we all... will honor God's Sabbaths. It's then when we will actually be able... to do that properly. But until then, Christians are not held to a specific day for the sabbath. Man's flesh is always getting in the way of keeping it properly, even among those who honestly try to keep it today.

Until that future time, no one is to judge us for not keeping a Saturday sabbath.

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US
Were the 10 Commandments given to the Jews only, or to everyone?

God bless.
Well, let's see, let's use one of your analogies....suppose there is a HOLY MOUNTAIN, where all were in Christ, and you wanted to be on this HOLY MOUNTAIN, but you had to answer one question before you could climb the HOLY MOUNTAIN - and that question would be:

WHY DO YOU CONSISTENTLY PREACH A FALSE GOSPEL?

Or maybe you do not know that "Not many should presume to be teachers, because we know those who teach will be judged more strictly".

What would you do?

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
Well, let's see, let's use one of your analogies....suppose there is a HOLY MOUNTAIN, where all were in Christ, and you wanted to be on this HOLY MOUNTAIN, but you had to answer one question before you could climb the HOLY MOUNTAIN - and that question would be:

WHY DO YOU CONSISTENTLY PREACH A FALSE GOSPEL?

Or maybe you do not know that "Not many should presume to be teachers, because we know those who teach will be judged more strictly".

What would you do?

Can I please ask you answer this question..Were the 10 Commandments given to the Jews only, or to everyone?

I am hoping veteran will answer it also.

And I teach and declare that Jesus is God, Messiah, Lord, Saviour, the Christ and only through Jesus alone can salvation be found, through faith + grace, God's mercy and His righteousness and His blood to wash away our sins. What part of that teaching is classified as a false gospel?

God bless.

Jake

Aug 21, 2011
Western US
Can I please ask you answer this question..Were the 10 Commandments given to the Jews only, or to everyone?

I am hoping veteran will answer it also.

And I teach and declare that Jesus is God, Messiah, Lord, Saviour, the Christ and only through Jesus alone can salvation be found, through faith + grace, God's mercy and His righteousness and His blood to wash away our sins. What part of that teaching is classified as a false gospel?

God bless.
Wait a minute, you didn't answer my question! Why does my question frighten you? What is it about my question that is so terrifying to you? Please answer:

Why do you consistently teach a false gospel?

Why is it your doctrine is exactly what Paul warned us about over and over again in his letters? Why is there a SERIOUS warning in the Word of God about teachers like you?

The warning about those who want to put you back under the law, instead of being free in Christ? In case you've forgotten, this is what you teach.

Jul 6, 2011
Do you follow any Law today that was given by God, for example the 10 Commandment Moral Law?
I don’t follow the law, I follow Christ who has fulfilled the law. As to the 10 commandments they are all Kingdom principles in OT law and part of the new covenant. I would say however the Sabbath has been fulfilled in that for us Christ has become the Sabbath rest, but the NT teaching is to let those who wish to observe the Sabbath day do so.
Yet that's exactly how Satan works, adding his own twist to God's Truth. He even did it to our Lord Jesus in Luke 4 by quoting almost perfectly from Ps.91:11-12.
I agree Satan adds his own words but the understanding of what Judaism usually means today is not in God’s word to twist.

How come I kind of see what you are both saying, I think we are all close.

Sabitarian, I agree with you.

TruthSeeker2012

Mar 9, 2012
...Why is it your doctrine is exactly what Paul warned us about over and over again in his letters? Why is there a SERIOUS warning in the Word of God about teachers like you?
The warning about those who want to put you back under the law, instead of being free in Christ? In case you've forgotten, this is what you teach.

What do I teach that will cause a person to be lost? You are making false accusations towards thy neigbour because I have never ever said we are saved through the Law, but I have said that once saved, we establish the law:

Romans 6:15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid!

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid! Yea, we establish the law.

Willfully breaking Gods Commandments means we have NO TRUTH and there is NO LIGHT in those who do it! [1John 2:4], and willfully breaking God's Law means the person is NOT doing God's Will:

Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

You need to ask yourself why you hate God's Law so much. Sincerely born again Christians have God's Law written on their heart and sincerely born again Christians LOVE the Law, not HATE the Law as you do:

Hebrews 10:16 "This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds."

Are you saying that once a Christian is saved and set free in Christ, that they are now free to willfully break all the Commandments from the 10 Commandments? Yes or No?

Can you go through the 10 Commandments and show me which Commandments out of the 10 that you willfully break and believe God teaches us to willfully break?

1. You shall have no other gods before me. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment? Yes or No?

2. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.
You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment? Yes or No?

3. You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment? Yes or No?

4. Remember the sabbath day by keeping it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day and made it holy. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment? Yes or No?

5. Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment? Yes or No?

6. You shall not murder. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment? Yes or No?

7. You shall not commit adultery. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment? Yes or No?

8. You shall not steal. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment? Yes or No?

9. You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment? Yes or No?

10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or
anything that belongs to your neighbor. <--- Do you willfully break this Commandment? Yes or No?

God bless.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Thank God we are free from the Law and now because of Christ's work in fulfilling the whole law completely we are free to follow HolySpirit.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Are we free from "The Law"? Paul appears to disagree with that sentiment.

"Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law" (Romans 3:31)

Moreover...

"What shall we say then? Is the law sin? Certainly not! On the contrary ..." (Romans 7:7). "For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good" (Romans 7:11-12).

Then what about "The Law"?

Is the law "dead"? Absolutely not! Paul is emphatic on this question: "Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law" (Romans 3:31). And once again, we see that Paul merely echoes Christ's own teachings on this subject: "Think not that I am come to destroy the law or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill" (Matthew 5:17).

Jesus insisted that his coming would not abolish the law of God, but on the contrary, magnify it, and establish it, going beyond the mere letter of the law to encompass the spirit of the law. In fact, after He said these words, He went on to give examples of how the law was to be magnified, as the subsequent examples in Matthew 5 illustrate (Sermon on the Mount).

So, is "The Law" able to save? Apollos in his letter to the Hebrews states thusly:

The fault is not with the law, but with the inability of flesh and blood humans to fulfill the spirit and intent (let alone the letter) of the law: "For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. For finding fault with them, he says, Behold, the days come, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah" (Hebrews 8:7-8).

So don't be to quick to dismiss "The Law". We are not in bondage to it. Rather, salvation sets us free to obey it!

Reactions: Angelina

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Jesus fulfilled the law and or the old covenant just as He said and Paul said the old covenant which includes the law has now been replaced.
Read 2 Cor.3. B)