Accountability

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Christian quotes about accountability
“Have people in your life that will chase you and come after you with love when you are struggling or not at your best.”

“A man who confesses his sins in the presence of a brother knows that he is no longer alone with himself; he experiences the presence of God in the reality of the other person. As long as I am by myself in the confession of my sins, everything remains in the clear, but in the presence of a brother, the sin has to be brought into the light.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer

“[God has] helped me understand that accountability is closely tied to visibility and that personal holiness will not come through anonymity but through deep and personal relationships with my brothers and sisters in the local church. And so I have sought to make myself more visible that I may accept correction and rebuke when necessary. At the same time I have renewed my commitment to the One who is always watching and who knows every word I write and every intention of my heart.” Tim Challies

“An accountability partner is able to perceive what you can’t see when blind spots and weaknesses block your vision. Such a person serves a a tool in God’s hand to promote spirtual growth, and he or she watches out for your best interest.”

“The plain, unvarnished truth is, that every one of us needs the accountability that comes from formal, regular, intimate relationships with other godly people.”

“It’s increasingly common for Christians to ask one another the tough questions: How is your marriage? Have you been spending time in the Word? How are you doing in terms of sexual purity? Have you been sharing your faith? But how often do we ask, “How much are you giving to the Lord?” or “Have you been robbing God?” or “Are you winning the battle against materialism?” Randy Alcorn

“With power and responsibility must come accountability. A leader without accountability is an accident waiting to happen.” Albert Mohler

“The fear of the Lord helps us recognize our accountability to God for the stewardship of leadership. It motivates us to seek the Lord’s wisdom and understanding in difficult situations. And it challenges us to give our all to the Lord by serving those we lead with love and humility.”Paul Chappell

The importance of accountability
Accountability is the state of being accountable or answerable. We are liable for every action we take and every thought we have. We will one day be called on to render on account of our life. We will bear the obligation for each action, thought and spoken word. We are doulas, or slaves to Christ.

We own nothing – not even ourselves. Because of this we are merely stewards of what God has entrusted to us. We are stewards of our time, our energy, our passions, our minds, our bodies, our money, our possessions etc. Many people revel in their sins because they do not believe they will be held accountable for them.

1. Matthew 12:36-37 “I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

2. 1 Corinthians 4:2 “Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove faithful.”

3. Luke 12:48 “But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.”

4. Psalm 10:13 “Why does the wicked man revile God? Why does he say to himself, “He won’t call me to account?”

5. Ezekiel 3:20 “Again, when a righteous person turns from their righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before them, they will die. Since you did not warn them, they will die for their sin. The righteous things that person did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for their blood.”

6. Ezekiel 33:6 “But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet and the people are not warned, and a sword comes and takes a person from them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require from the watchman’s hand.”

7. Romans 2:12 “For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law.”

Accountability to God
We are held accountable to God because He is perfectly Holy and because He is the creator of all things. Each and every one of us will one day stand before God and be held accountable. We will be compared to the law of God to see how well we have kept it.

Since God is perfectly holy and perfectly just, He is also a perfect Judge before whom we will stand. If we have repented of our sins, and placed our trust in Christ, then Christ’s righteousness will cover us. Then on judgement day, God will see Christ’s perfect righteousness.

8. Romans 14:12 ” So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.”

9. Hebrews 4:13 “Nothing in all creation is hidden from God’s sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account.”

10. 2 Corinthians 5:10 “For we must all stand before Christ to be judged. We will each receive whatever we deserve for the good or evil we have done in this earthly body.”

11. Ezekiel 18:20 “The one who sins is the one who dies. The son shall not be punished for his father’s sins, nor the father for his son’s. The righteous person will be rewarded for his own goodness and the wicked person for his wickedness.”

12. Revelation 20:12 “I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God’s throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books.”

13. Romans 3:19 “So the judgment of God lies very heavily upon the Jews, for they are responsible to keep God’s laws instead of doing all these evil things; not one of them has any excuse; in fact, all the world stands hushed and guilty before Almighty God.”

14. Matthew 25:19 “After a long time their master returned from his trip and called them to give an account of how they had used his money.

15. Luke 12:20 “But God said to him, ‘You fool! You will die this very night. Then who will get everything you worked for?”

Accountability to others
On one hand, we are also accountable to others. We are accountable to our spouse to remain faithful. We are accountable to our parents for treating them respectfully. We are accountable to our employers to do the job we were hired to do.

Being accountable to one another is a duty. Scripture does not tell us to never judge one another, but when we must render judgement to do so rightly. We based our judgement on what God has said in His Word, not based on our emotions or preferences.

Judging one another rightly is not an opportunity to shun someone you don’t like, rather it is a solemn duty to lovingly warn someone of their sin and bring them to Christ so that they might repent. Holding one another accountable is a form of encouragement. Accountability is also keeping up with others to see how they are doing on their walk and day to day life. Let us happily root each other on along this journey of sanctification!

16. James 5:16 “Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.”

17. Ephesians 4:32 “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.”

18. Proverbs 27:17 “Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.”

19. James 3:1 “Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness.”

20. Hebrews 10:25 “Let us not neglect our church meetings, as some people do, but encourage and warn each other, especially now that the day of his coming back again is drawing near.”

21. Luke 12:48 “But the one who did not know, and did what deserved a beating, will receive a light beating. Everyone to whom much was given, of him much will be required, and from him to whom they entrusted much, they will demand the more.”

22. James 4:17 “So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.”

23. 1 Timothy 6:3-7 “If anyone teaches a different doctrine and does not agree with the sound words of our Lord Jesus Christ and the teaching that accords with godliness, he is puffed up with conceit and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy craving for controversy and for quarrels about words, which produce envy, dissension, slander, evil suspicions, and constant friction among people who are depraved in mind and deprived of the truth, imagining that godliness is a means of gain. Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world.”

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very good @Johann

I can see why you've not gotten a response on this thread.

Ppl do not want to come into the light; it hides nothing!

I would add this also, whether it is to our liking or not WE WILL GIVE ACCOUNT not only of the words we write or speak but what we think and let remain.

We MUST present as good stewards and procure for the Lord usury. Do not be like the
servant who buried his lord's talent when he knew what was his lord's business. We will  account for the things the Lord has brought into our lives as well.

Included in this is OUR TIME !
Questions to ask oneself, have I spent time talking to my God today, have I listened to his word in study, am I putting into practice his commands and precepts, do I bring him glory by sharing his love & word, how can I get closer to the goal in TRUTH?

Every man is appointed ONCE to die then the judgment.
Plz do not put yourself in the place to receive the second death by the way you resist his truth. Yield, submit, and let God direct your path that your accounts will be clean and righteous!

Reactions: Johann

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The importance of accountability
Accountability is the state of being accountable or answerable. We are liable for every action we take and every thought we have. We will one day be called on to render on account of our life. We will bear the obligation for each action, thought and spoken word.
I am in agreement that we need to be accountable to eachother. If we sin, get out of line in life, God chastises us and gets us back on the the right path. We have so many flaws in our thinking and behavior. We need to be transparent with them among others, accountable.
But our sins have been forgiven, washed away by the blood of Christ ( past, present and future sins). This is a reality that happened at the cross. In heaven, it is a done deal / for all born again Christians _ at the moment they are spiritually transformed into new creatures. In essence we died with Him. So God remembers our sins no more.
Question: Since Jesus washed away our sins and by the time Judgment Day comes, we will have already been translated into an eternal state, what actions, thoughts and words ( of our past earthly existence) will be conjured up and rehashed for review at this Great White Throne Judgment Day?
My take is that all sinners (who have not been forgiven) are the ones who will have to answer for each one of their sins and then then receive judgment.
Matthew 12:36-37 “I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”
Right. Christians are justified by faith. Unbelievers, do not have faith and have been careless with their words about Christ and His Word and did not believe, therefore will be condemned.
Ezekiel 3:20 “Again, when a righteous person turns from their righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before them, they will die. Since you did not warn them, they will die for their sin. The righteous things that person did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for their blood.”
This was the Old System of the Law. Christians are not under the Law (in other words, required to keep the Law in order to be saved), we are under Grace. Christ fulfilled the requirements of the Law for us. Do not put that yoke of bondage around our necks, it was not meant for us. ( see Acts 15:10)
The Jews failed to keep the Law - they were the chosen nation, the test case for mankind.
“For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law.”
True AND all who have been forgiven will not be judged. Christ paid the death penalty for us. The wages of sin is death.
This verse speaks about sinners who did not know Christ or the Law and Jews who did not live by faith.
Revelation 20:12 “I saw the dead, both great and small, standing before God’s throne. And the books were opened, including the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to what they had done, as recorded in the books.”
Yes, the Book of Life is opened and IF a person's name is not in it, judgment comes.
The time of this happens after the Millennial Kingdom. Keep in mind, Christians prior to this time have already received eternal bodies. The first resurrection and first death already took place. This the second resurrection thatbdeals with those who die after thebfirst resurrection and those mortals who lived and died during the Millennail Kingdom.
Let's examine Rev. 20:12-15
"And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books."
>>> "books were opened" - not just one.
"another book" The Book of Life contained believers from all time, saved.
The other book or books contained everyone else

13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works.
>> The "sea" is a symboloc reference of the faithful dead. There is a differentiation here with DEATH AND HADES, that contain the souls of all unbeleievers who died throughout history. The wages of sin is death and Hades is where theybwere held.
14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire."