Acts 2:17-19 can anyone share their visions in the last days

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Any article that is "peer reviewed" means that several people were involved in the factual evidence of what the article says.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has been stated by physicists that the more they tried to disprove God the more they proved God was real.

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Fairy tales and dreams, modern science Is humanism void of a God creator, deniers of biblical truth "Fact"!
I am not proficient in articulating ideas in the three languages I know of. However, it is conceivable that one could soar through the azure skies without clothing if it aligns with the will of the Almighty who has the power to govern the elements and mechanics of our world. The current knowledge of science is inadequate to comprehensively understand the workings of this universe. Have you ever wondered why the grass continues to sprout when it rains? It is because the Lord sustains its growth, and if it is His will, He may remove the factor that enables its proliferation, leading to its extinction in this world and the next.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think we need visions anymore. We can see the whole scenerio playing out in front of our very eyes.
All you have ro do is open them.

Hugs

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think we need visions anymore. We can see the whole scenerio playing out in front of our very eyes.
All you have ro do is open them.

Hugs
That depends. Is it going to get worse? Than prophecy is needed perhaps.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I had a dream 20 years ago that portions of California were under water between San Francisco and San Diego near the coast. Prophecies are sometimes warnings so people can survive. There were around 20 dark and 20 light points in my dream which were summer and winter in years. Now I didn't count them. But the scientists are also predicting potential massive flooding of California.

Last edited:

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of the world is already chasing after a false Gospel.
What we see happening is our rebellious nature manifesting itself on the earth.
We know the only cure for this sickness is repentance.
God will send us another Elijah or John the Baptist to make way for the Kingdom of the Lord.
We have the true Gospel and we know it's fruit.
If any come with another gospel, this is AntiChrist of which are many in the world today.

All you need to do is look behind you to see what is coming ahead.
God never changes, neither does His word.

Hugs

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of the world is already chasing after a false Gospel.
What we see happening is our rebellious nature manifesting itself on the earth.
We know the only cure for this sickness is repentance.
God will send us another Elijah or John the Baptist to make way for the Kingdom of the Lord.
We have the true Gospel and we know it's fruit.
If any come with another gospel, this is AntiChrist of which are many in the world today.

All you need to do is look behind you to see what is coming ahead.
God never changes, neither does His word.

Hugs
Well I believe God is peace and love and much joy along with the other fruits of the spirit. Yes catastrophes can come from one of two sources. Natural occurrence, mans sins. I suppose you could call global warming man's sin. I choose not to. But the effect here in massive flooding is from global warming.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Global warming...
Temperatures rising.
World filled with hate.

See a connection?
It's manifesting, becoming visible. This hate is demonstrating itself in an outward appearance.
What we need is a cooling off period.
And the temperture of the earth will reside.

We are our own worst enemy, both internally and externally.
Hugs

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Global warming...
Temperatures rising.
World filled with hate.

See a connection?
It's manifesting, becoming visible. This hate is demonstrating itself in an outward appearance.
What we need is a cooling off period.
And the temperture of the earth will reside.

We are our own worst enemy, both internally and externally.
Hugs
Well, I watch online church in the mornings and see that they have Christian schools with children attending the online church. I think the key here is to get that crappy schooling out the door and teach the children early on to be good Christians. But yes I'm noticing some things while watching the natural disasters. I won't comment on that as I don't want to be to negative in my thinking.

Whenever a problem is presented I like to hear solutions.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Acts 2:17-20 "’In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy. I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke. The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.
Context is key concerning this Acts reference to Joel 2. Joel 2:1, 15, 23, 32 refer the children of Zion, Jerusalem ( a remnant of the Jews). The end times is described, the Great Tribulation. See Romans 11 to understand that God will open their eyes and they (a remnant of the Jews that is), will finally realize that Jesus is Lord

Last edited:

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Acts 2:17-20 "’In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams. Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy. I will show wonders in the heavens above and signs on the earth below, blood and fire and billows of smoke. The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and glorious day of the Lord.
This may simply be a prophecy of revival sweeping across the entire nation of Israel, as opposed to just a few leaders, like Jeremiah, prophesying judgment upon the nation. After all, the Jewish Hope was for the salvation of the nation, and not just for the salvation of a tiny few.

Every Christian in every nation has the capacity to experience spiritual revival in his or her own life. And this spiritual renewal is filled with prophetic meaning for those who contact these people. The Christian is an aroma of judgment for the wicked and incense of hope for those open to the truth. Like Christ in the midst of Israel, Christians bring either judgment or salvation to those who meet them. Our calling is to represent God's word to society so that they are divided between the sheep and the goats.

I won't deny that God can give visions like a crystal ball experience. But I think the gist of this prophecy is that God will gather, at times, multitudes, as opposed to just a few, who will bring a larger testimony to nations. Prophecy is largely for salvation or for judgment. And it will mean either blessing or curse for individuals and for entire nations.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Sounds like you have missed what the cloven tongue of Acts 2 is actually about per God's Word.

When Apostle Peter said, "This is that..." when referring to the Joel 2 Scripture, he was especially pointing to the latter day event for the "great tribulation" time at the end, just prior to Christ's coming on the "day of the Lord". The cloven tongue manifesting on Pentecost served as an EXAMPLE of The Holy Spirit speaking through Christ's servants at the END during the tribulation.

God's Word gives for this Testimony by The Holy Spirit to occur both in the disciple's days, and particularly for the very END during the "great tribulation"...

1. Specifically for the coming "great tribulation" time at the end of this world: (this was given by Christ 'within' His 7 main Signs at the 'end' leading up to His future return):

Mark 13:9-13
9 But take heed to yourselves: for they shall deliver you up to councils; and in the synagogues ye shall be beaten: and ye shall be brought before rulers and kings for My sake, for a testimony against them.
10 And the gospel must first be published among all nations.
11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.
12 Now the brother shall betray the brother to death, and the father the son; and children shall rise up against their parents, and shall cause them to be put to death.
13 And ye shall be hated of all men for My name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
KJV

2. From the time of Christ's first disciples unto the end: (notice verse 25 presents a time period from the early disciple's days to the "end", i.e, our times):

Matt 10:17-22
17 But beware of men: for they will deliver you up to the councils, and they will scourge you in their synagogues;
18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for My sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak.
20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
21 And the brother shall deliver up the brother to death, and the father the child: and the children shall rise up against their parents, and cause them to be put to death.
22 And ye shall be hated of all men for My name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.
23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.
KJV

3. Specifically for the coming "great tribulation" at the very end of this world: (this also was given about the very end just prior to His coming, the next verses after verse 19 being about the destruction by Christ of Satan's host of armies on the last day of this world):

Luke 21:12-19
12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.
13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony.
14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:
15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.
16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
19 In your patience possess ye your souls.
KJV

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I had a dream 20 years ago that portions of California were under water between San Francisco and San Diego near the coast. Prophecies are sometimes warnings so people can survive. There were around 20 dark and 20 light points in my dream which were summer and winter in years. Now I didn't count them. But the scientists are also predicting potential massive flooding of California.

They have been doing that much longer than 20 years. There is a good chance your dream is just repeating what you already heard from them.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very important to read the prophets with the mindset that a timeline change can happen very quickly within a Chapter. So we must concentrate on the 'event', and not assume a whole Chapter is about just one subject.

Joel 2:1-10 = this first section is about the subject of the locust army of Joel 1 attacking God's people at the end of this world leading up to the "day of the Lord" (day of Christ's future return). Timing = 5th Trumpet to the 7th Trumpet "day of the Lord". Some believe this began when Israel was attacked in Old Testament times and then continued down to today.

Joel 2:11-17
= God speaking of His great army He will send in final to end the locust army working. He is telling us to 'repent' to Him, pray to Him, ask Him for deliverance. Timing = "great tribulation" to the 7th Vial about Christ's future coming with His army of Rev.19.

Joel 2:18-27
= God is saying He will remove far off the northern army from His people, which is about the battle of Armageddon on the 7th Vial when Jesus returns. Then the children of Zion and the land will be recompensed with blessing, and all that was eaten by the locust army which GOD SENT, will be restored and with blessing for His people. Timing = right now and leading all the way up to Christ's future return.

Joel 2:28-32
28 And it shall come to pass
afterward, that I will pour out My spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

As I have shown in the previous post, The Holy Spirit Testimony actually began with Christ's early disciples per Matthew 10 when delivered up, but is especially for the elect during the very end per Mark 13 about being delivered up to give a Testimony for Christ. Thus Pentecost was to serve as an 'example' when Peter said, "This is that..." quoting this part of Joel 2. That is what I think that adverb "afterward" is applied for, to cover those periods of The Holy Spirit speaking through Christ's servants when delivered up.

29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out My spirit.

That I consider is pointing closer to the "great tribulation" time at the end of this world.

30 And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

That above especially is pointing to the very end of this world, and the day of Christ's future return (see Matthew 24:29; Luke 21:1, etc.)

31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood,
before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

The moon turning to blood is a "great tribulation" time marker (see the 6th Seal of Rev.6; Isaiah 13).

Note especially above the word "before". These events in this Joel 2:30-32 section is the tribulation time at the end of this world, the final 70th week of Daniel 9:27, a period of 7 years, with the last 1260 day period of Rev.11 being that actual "great tribulation" time. That "day of the Lord" event is what will end this present world with Jesus' return (see 2 Peter 3:10).

32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.
KJV

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have been doing that much longer than 20 years. There is a good chance your dream is just repeating what you already heard from them.
I only recently heard about the scientists predicting flooding in California.

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts chapter 2. The vision happened in July 1991. Gods elect saw body of Jesus. It was white, a body, no head or hands. It was spirt of God. Majority did not see this vision in 1991, because they are not Gods Elect. The sons and daughters of acts chapter 2 are Gods Election. The election are predestined, chosen before foundation of the world. Read Roman's chapter 8, ephesians chapter 1, first Peter chapter 1. God selected His election in the first earth age. This position can't be volunteered for. Get the 3. Acts chapter 9, paul was blinded by great light on the road to Damascus. Jesus appeared to Paul. Why??. Paul is one of God's Elect. Paul didn't have free will. Jesus will intervene in lives of the Election. The vision happened to group of people, they're Gods Elect. Isaiah 40:5. And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together; for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it. Ephesians 4:30. And grieve not the holy spirit of God, where by ye are Sealed unto this day of redemption. First Peter chapter 1:2. Elect, according to the foreknowledge of God the father, through sanctification of the spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus christ: I documented this.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts chapter 2. The vision happened in July 1991. Gods elect saw body of Jesus. It was white, a body, no head or hands.

So they saw a white torso? Who exactly were these people who saw this?

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I had a dream of a missile flying over head and landing on a beach, before everything was covered in a flood as a result.

It has vexed me for ages, but I know God will reveal the meaning in time!

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I had a dream of a missile flying over head and landing on a beach, before everything was covered in a flood as a result.

It has vexed me for ages, but I know God will reveal the meaning in time!
It's as if a North Korean missile had landed on the beach of Japan, but beforehand, it had already struck the nearby ocean, causing a tsunami. That's why the area was submerged by floods. However, I must clarify that this is merely a guess.

• Wow
Reactions: Gottservant