Acts 2:38 has been abandoned by Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

May 9, 2021
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here’s my debunking of making water into our co-savior:

Per Acts 3:19, it’s the repenting that gets our sins forgiven, backed up by Acts 10, where Peter says those hearing him preach had been filled with the Holy Spirit, and so could then be water baptized, in Acts 10:44-48.

The Holy Spirit is not given to the unsaved, thus they were saved by faith, before water baptism.

Water baptism is the outward washing of the body that can be seen, that is symbolic of the inward washing of regeneration from the Holy Spirit, that can’t be seen.

Tit 3:5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;

Thus water baptism is for the already saved, and is not done to get saved.

Shalom.
Except the two terms are the same, per the word FORGIVENESS here:

Act 13:38 Be G2077  it known G1110  unto you G5213  therefore, G3767  men G435  and brethren, G80  that G3754  through G1223  this man G5127  is preached G2605  unto you G5213  the forgiveness G859  of sins: G266 

G859 (Strong)

ἄφεσις

aphesis

af'-es-is

From G863; freedom; (figuratively) pardon: - deliverance, forgiveness, liberty, remission.

Total KJV occurrences: 17

Your answer defies Ephesians 4:5 "one baptism" since Holy Spirit "baptism saves" (Mark 16:16) because no "signs followed" (Mark 16:17-18) man's water baptism and "adding" a water baptism to Holy Spirit baptism defies Ephesians 4:5 "one baptism."

JESUS GIVES US PROOF THAT WE HAVE BEEN HOLY SPIRIT BAPTIZED OF "POWER" (ACTS 1:5;8) "SPIRITUAL GIFTS" (I CORINTHIANS 12:7-10; 13) AND "SIGNS FOLLOWING" (MARK 16:16-18) TO "CONFIRM THAT THE LORD IS WORKING WITH US WITH SIGNS FOLLOWING" (MARK 16:20).

YOU CAN'T LIE TO THE HOLY SPIRIT (ACTS 5:3)!

Last edited:
May 9, 2021
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They baptize any way they can but in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins per Acts 2:38.

The RCC(mama) has forbid them to take it all the way.

"The RCC(mama) has forbid them to take it all the way" to Jesus "baptizing us with the Holy Ghost" (John 1:33) "perfectly" (Psalm 18:30) the "one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5) who "ADDED" LIES into Scriptures to make mankind believe in their trinity water baptism doctrine (Revelation 22:18) but today's Christians took their LIE farther calling water baptism in Acts 2:38 and Acts 19:5 a "Christian baptism."

WHAT?

TWO baptisms (Ephesians 4:5)?

"DENYING THE POWER OF GOD" (II Timothy 3:5-7) "baptize us with the Holy Ghost" (John 1:33) the "one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5).

GOD FORBID!

LORD HELP US ALL!

May 9, 2021
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord" (Acts 22:16).

YOU OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED IF YOU BELIEVE WATER WASHES AWAY SINS THAT WE ALREADY HAD THEREFORE NOT NEEDING "...THE BLOOD OF HIS SON JESUS CHRIST CLEANSES US FROM ALL SINS" (I JOHN 1:7). ACCORDING TO YOUR BELIEF, CHRIST DIED IN VAIN (HEBREWS 10:29).

May 9, 2021
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not sure who is arguing for that. The Lord did not receive the Holy Spirit until he was Baptized. The significance of water is ceremonial and symbolic. Going under the water symbolizes death of our own life. Emerging from the water symbolizes our new life with the Spirit of God in us.

"He whom God has sent the Spirit is given Him without measure" (John 3:34).

"God sent His only begotten Son..." (I John 4:9).

Therefore Jesus was the Holy Spirit when He was born who said "I have kept them" (John 17:12).

Colossians 2:14-15 says

14 "Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

15 And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it."

"GOD looks at hearts" (I Samuel 16:7) Who doesn't need your "sacrifices, offerings, ordinances, symbols, etc. to prove to HIM NOTHING. Therefore you are only "pleasing men" with Galatians 1:10 saying

"For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ."

May 9, 2021
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes you think the Apostles, some who followed John The Baptist, not baptized?

I am speaking of the 12 Jesus called who were NEVER water baptized because "Jesus [aka the Holy Ghost] kept them" (John 17:12).
John the Baptist was "filled with the Holy Ghost from his mother's womb" (Luke 1:15).
The thief on the cross was with Holy Spirit baptism Who said "Today you will BE in Paradise..."

There's NOTHING but "one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5) that Jesus does "with the Holy Ghost" (John 133; Acts 1:5) "PERFECTLY" (Acts 18:26; Psalm 18:30) Who gives "POWER" (Acts 1:8) to "QUICKEN" (I Corinthians 15:45) our "DEAD spirits" (Romans 5:12-14; I Corinthians 15:21-22) "back to life" (Ephesians 2:1) as we are "born again of the Spirit" (John 3:5-7). His "POWER (Acts 1:8) received to become the sons of GOD" (John 1:12-13).

What does a water baptism do for you?

NAME ONE THING IT DOES FOR YOUR SALVATION?

Does it "wash away sins" as alleged in Acts 22:16?

Does it "remit sins" as alleged in Acts 2:38?

Does it "QUICKEN" you back to life from your DEAD spirit?

Does it give POWER to become the sons of GOD?

Does it give "Spiritual gifts" (I Corinthians 12:7-10; 13) or "Signs following" (Mark 16:16-18)?

WHAT?

What does a water baptism do for your salvation?

WHAT?

What it does DO is (((ADD))) another baptism (Ephesians 4:5) onto Jesus' baptism when "He baptizes us with the Holy Ghost" (John 1:33).

What it does DO is UNDERMIND GOD being able to perform ONE baptism (Ephesians 4:5)!

What it does DO is make mankind "Worship with men's hands" (Acts 17:25)!

What it does DO is leave mankind "DEAD spirits" (Romans 5:12-14; I Corinthians 15:21-22)!

What it does DO is make mankind "obey the commandments of men" (Matthew 15:9)!

What it does DO is make mankind "WORK" (Romans 11:6)!

What it does DO "DENY THE POWER OF GOD" (II Timothy 3:5-7) "baptize you with the Holy Ghost" (John 1:33)!

What it does DO is make mankind "lose rewards" (I Corinthians 3:10-15).

What it does DO is make mankind "Preach another gospel and are ACCURSED" (Galatians 1:6-9).

What it does DO is "Prefer MAN rather than GOD" (Acts 5:29) baptized them with the "one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5)!

THERE IS (((NO WAY))) YOU CAN WIN OBEYING LIES IN A BOOK WHEN JESUS DOES THE ONE BAPTISM WITH THE HOLY GHOST AND "AS FOR GOD HIS WAY IS PERFECT" (PSALM 18:30)!

YOU CAN'T WIN!

YOU'LL FIND YOURSELF FIGHTING AGAINST GOD (ACTS 5:39)!

Last edited:
May 9, 2021
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Candy,

I respectfully disagree. In the sacraments we have objective certainy that they convey the Grace which they also signify.
So has the Church taught for 2000 years..

Any community that ceases to baptise, will cease to bear fruit for the Kingdom..

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

CADY IS RIGHT!

WHAT (((PROOF))) DOES A PERSON HAVE AFTER BEING DUNKED BUT HIS MOUTH ALLEGING SOMETHING HAPPENED?

Jesus commanded us to "PROVE all things" (I Thessalonians 5:21; KJV)!

"PROVE your ministry" (II Timothy 4:5)

"PROVE your own selves" (II Corinthians 13:5).

When Jesus baptizes us with the Holy Ghost (John 1:33; Acts 1:5) we "receive POWER" (Acts 1:8)

We "receive Spiritual gifts" (I Corinthians 12:7-10) after Holy Spirit baptism (I Corinthians 12:13)

We receive "Signs following" (Mark 16:17-18) after Holy Spirit baptism (Mark 16:16) to

"CONFIRM that the LORD is working with us with signs following" (Mark 16:20).

What does being DUNKED give us to "PROVE" IT?

May 9, 2021
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 6: 53 has been abandoned by the church:
Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

unless one has communion they're not saved.

See the issue with using only verse to back up a doctrine?

I work in corrections and at my prison Level 5 custody inmates cannot be baptized due to security reasons. So basically with baptism regeneration the law of the state overrides God and people can refuse / withhold the salvation to others.

This limits the saving power of God to a puddle of water about 3-4 feet deep. God can only save a person if water is present and someone is there to baptize them. The person doing the baptizing in a way acts as a mediator because by their hands salvation is brought to an individual. Think about it, if no one could baptize the individual they would be lost forever. This adds another person to the work of Christ, God can't save you unless someone is there to immerse you. But, we know as believers there is only one Mediator. We are saved by grace through faith.

"Communion of the Holy Ghost" (Acts 1:2; II Corinthians 13:14) has nothing to do with ((("DOING))) (Romans 11:6) this in remembrance of me" when Jesus fulfilled as promised (Matthew 5:17-18) in Luke 22:16; 18 when "the Kingdom of God" CAME (Mark 9:1) on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2:2-4). According to I Corinthians 3:10-15, your "tables" (Hebrews 9:1) "will burn."

EVERYTHING IS DONE SPIRITUALLY (JOHN 4:24) UNDER THE NEW COVENANT INCLUDING "COMMUNION" AND "BAPTISM" AS WE OBEY THE COMMANDMENTS JESUS GIVES THROUGH THE HOLY GHOST (ACTS 1:2) "FROM HEAVEN" (JOHN 3:27) RECEIVED AFTER HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM (ACTS 1:5;8).

May 9, 2021
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ACTS 2:38 >>>SHOULD BE ABANDONED<<< WHEN

JESUS SAID HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM IN ACTS 1:5 BUT

PETER SAID WATER BAPTISM IN ACTS 2:38!

WHO DO WE SERVE PETER OR JESUS?

Last edited:
May 9, 2021
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Norine,

Faith! Hope! Love!

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

GOD COMMANDED US TO >>>PROVE IT!<<<

I DON'T SEE YOUR FAITH, LOVE OR HOPE BUT I CAN SEE "GREATER THINGS THAN THESE SHALL YOU DO" (JOHN 14:12) BY HIS "POWER" (ACTS 1:8) WE RECEIVE AFTER HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM (ACTS 1:5) ALONG WITH HIS POWERFUL "SPIRITUAL GIFTS" (I CORINTHIANS 12:7-10) AFTER HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM (I CORINTHIANS 12:13) AND HIS "SIGNS FOLLOWING" (MARK 16:17-18) AFTER HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM (MARK 16:16).

AN UNBELIEVER COMES IN AND YOU TELL HIM YOUR "FAITH, HOPE AND LOVE" COMPARED TO SEEING WITH HIS NATURAL EYES "HEALINGS" AND "MIRACLES" (I CORINTHIANS 12:9-10) AND "CASTING OUT DEVILS IN JESUS' NAME" (MARK 16:17) WHICH ONE MIGHT HE BELIEVE?

I CAN'T SEE WITH MY NATURAL EYES YOUR "FAITH, HOPE AND LOVE" THAT EVEN AN ATHEIST HAS.

May 9, 2021
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have just provided evidence that most folks in general refute Peter per Acts 2:38.

Why, I cannot imagine.

On my death bed, I will have faith in the name of Jesus to remit my sins.

Anti- Acts 2:38ers will have faith in their faith.

You're going in on your deathbed as a "DEAD spirit" (Romans 5:12-14; I Corinthians 15:21-22) too who has NOT been "QUICKENED" back to life (Ephesians 2:1) by His "POWER that comes upon us" (Acts 1:8) after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5) Who "QUICKENS" us back to life as we are "born again of the Spirit" (John 3:5-7).

"GOD IS NOT THE GOD OF THE DEAD" (Mark 12:27).

What are you going to do about that when Jesus ask you about your "faith in the name of Jesus to remit your sins?"

May 9, 2021
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The highlighted is not grace?...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Yeah right!

Ask Peter why he repented in Acts 11:17 because he didn't "REMEMBER" (Acts 11:15-16)?

Who told you water "remits sins" (Hebrews 9:22)?

Who told you "ye shall receive the Holy Ghost" (Acts 2:38) ***AFTER*** water baptism (Acts 10:44; 47)?

That's what Peter get when Jesus said Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5) but he said water (Acts 2:38).

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I CAN'T SEE WITH MY NATURAL EYES YOUR "FAITH, HOPE AND LOVE" THAT EVEN AN ATHEIST HAS

Dear Norine,

My Faith and Hope are seen and known by my Lord, Jesus Christ.
Attend any Mass and you will see them on full display.

If you cannot see my love, then I better get busy! For how then can anyone hear my invitation to the Feast?

You too! Are welcome to come to the wedding feast of the Lamb of God!

Peace be with you!

Christ is risen!
Alleluia!

May 9, 2021
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Repent, and you shall recieve the gift of the Holy Spirit. and let every one of you (who recieved the gift) be baptized for (because you have recieved) the remission of sin..

New World Order translation...lol

Why you laughing at them when you believe Peter (Acts 2:38) instead of Jesus (Acts 1:5)?

You're just as bad off as they are!

May 9, 2021
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you like to know something interesting about the Lord Jesus Christ when it comes to baptism of the Holy Spirit and fire?

Side notes: Though today many churches have baptism with water, you can always do that if you desire to, by whoever you desire to baptize you and dunk you in the river, or what you like and as an outward expression of faith if you so desire to nothing wrong with that.

What is important to know is the truth about baptism of Christ Jesus. So you may have understanding of also what does ~ Fire mean, and Spirit, and Holy, and Baptize. The Greek words are at the bottom of this article.

Whatever you decide on baptism is up to you; but hope this help you understand more about the baptism of Jesus Christ, by and through the Father who gives the spirit to Jesus, who delivers it to us, as a believers. Jesus Christ is the only way to have access to the Father which requires for us to believe, and trust in God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Please consider the following text.

Luke 3:14-16

14 And questioning him also were those warring, saying, 'And we, what shall we do?' and he said unto them, 'Do violence to no one, nor accuse falsely, and be content with your wages.

Verse 14: Soldierso_O; came asking John who was baptizing people in the Jordan river for the repentance which shows a transformed mind towards God, by changing and turning towards Gods ways. - - Questioning John saying ' And we, what shall we do?' ~

And John said this to their question

Saying to the Soldiers: 'Do violence to no one, nor accuse falsely, and be content with your wages.

15 And the people are looking forward, and all are reasoning in their hearts concerning John, whether or not he may be the Christ;

Verse 15: And the people were looking forward, and all are reasoning in their hearts.:confused:

All the people who heard what John had said to the Soldiers: 'Do violence to no one, nor accuse falsely, and be content with your wages. :rolleyes:

Began to reason in their hearts what they had heard concerning John also if he may or may not be the Messiah. ~ John the baptize was not the Messiah - the Messiah was Jesus the Son of God. :eek:

16 John answered, saying to all, 'I indeed with water do baptise you, but he cometh who is mightier than I, of whom I am not worthy to loose the latchet of his sandals -- he shall baptise you with the Holy Spirit and with fire;

Verse 16: John answered to the Soldiers and all whom were around saying

Indeed with water, do I baptize you :cool:

But one is coming who is mighter than I (John), of who I am not worthy to loose the latchet of his sandals :p

He shall *Jesus Christ the Son of God ;)

Baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. :eek:

HELPS Word-studies
Baptize ~ 907 baptízō – properly, "submerge" (Souter); hence, baptize, to immerse (literally, "dip under"). 907 (baptízō) implies submersion ("immersion"), in contrast to 472 /antéxomai ("sprinkle").

Spirit ~ 4151 pneúma – properly, spirit (Spirit), wind, or breath. The most frequent meaning (translation) of 4151 (pneúma) in the NT is "spirit" ("Spirit"). Only the context however determines which sense(s) is meant.

[Any of the above renderings (spirit-Spirit, wind, breath) of 4151 (pneúma) is always theoretically possible (spirit, Spirit, wind, breath). But when the attributive adjective ("holy") is used, it always refers to the Holy Spirit. "Spirit" ("spirit") is by far the most common translation (application) of 4151 (pneúma).

The Hebrew counterpart (rûach) has the same range of meaning as 4151 (pneúma), i.e. it likewise can refer to spirit/Spirit, wind, or breath.]
Holy ~ 40 hágios – properly, different (unlike), other ("otherness"), holy; for the believer, 40 (hágios) means "likeness of nature with the Lord" because "different from the world."

The fundamental (core) meaning of 40 (hágios) is "different" – thus a temple in the 1st century was hagios ("holy") because different from other buildings (Wm. Barclay). In the NT, 40 /hágios ("holy") has the "technical" meaning "different from the world" because "like the Lord." :eek::D

[40 (hágios) implies something "set apart" and therefore "different (distinguished/distinct)" – i.e. "other," because special to the Lord.]
Fire ~ 4442 pýrfire. In Scripture, fire is often used figuratively – like with the "fire of God" which transforms all it touches into light and likeness with itself

God's Spirit, like a holy fire, enlightens and purifies so that believers can share more and more in His likeness. Indeed the fire of God brings the uninterrupted privilege of being transformed which happens by experiencing faith from Him. Our lives can become true offerings to Him as we obey this imparted faith from God by His power.

[This is illustrated by God's fire burning continuously at the entrance of the Tabernacle where the priests made sweet-savor offerings. Compare Lev 6:12,13 with 1 Pet 2:5,9.]​

Why would you say it's OK to (((ADD))) another baptism (Proverbs 30:6) to Jesus' "PERFECTION" (Psalm 18:30) Who "baptizes us with the Holy Ghost" (John 1:3) and we "receive POWER" (Acts 1:8) "to become the sons of GOD" (John 1:12-13) when there's only "one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5)?

You are teaching people to "Preach another gospel so they can be accursed" (Galatians 1:6-9).

@MatthewG

Today's Christians "FORGET GOD" (Psalm 9:17) SAID the Word "BUT" that put contrast on (((ALL))) water baptisms after the cross in Matthew 3:11, Mark 1:8, Luke 3:16, John 1:33, Acts 1:5.

How many times does the Word of God have to tell people that water baptism was OVER because of the Word "BUT" in Matthew 3:11, Mark 1:8, Luke 3:16, John 1:33, Acts 1:5 when JESUS CAME BACK in the glory of the Holy Ghost (John 7:39) as promised (John 14:18; 26) and began giving commandments through the Holy Ghost (Acts 1:2) after "He baptizes us with the Holy Ghost" (John 1:33; Acts 1:5) the "one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5)?

@fellow

Peter wasn't "given the keys to the Kingdom"

ANYONE (Acts 2:39) who "receives REVELATION from My Father which is in heaven" (Matthew 16:17) after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:2; 4-5; 8) receive "the keys to the Kingdom" (Matthew 16:19) "...to do the will of My Father which is in heaven" are those who "...shall enter into the Kingdom of heaven" (Matthew 7:21).

@Wrangler

"Ridiculous?"

"But if it be of God, ye cannot overthrow it; lest haply ye be found even to fight against God" (Acts 5:39).

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you say it's OK to (((ADD))) another baptism (Proverbs 30:6) to Jesus' "PERFECTION" (Psalm 18:30) Who "baptizes us with the Holy Ghost" (John 1:3) and we "receive POWER" (Acts 1:8) "to become the sons of GOD" (John 1:12-13) when there's only "one baptism" (Ephesians 4:5)?

You are teaching people to "Preach another gospel so they can be accursed" (Galatians 1:6-9).

Hello Norine J Williams

All that has been made known is what the bible says when it comes to what the bible mentions when John the Baptist says Yes I baptize you in water, but there is one who comes that He will baptize you with the holy spirit and fire. Luke 3:14-16

The question is:

Either John the Baptist was telling the truth about Jesus Christ who would baptize in spirit and with fire.

Or John the Baptist was not telling the truth, and Jesus Christ doesn't baptize in spirit and with fire.

Whatever you decide is up to you when it comes down to looking at those passages in Luke 3:14-16, and mean with all due respect to you as a brother/sister in Christ if you are a believer.

Let me let you know to not believe me, but test what is being said by my with using the bible and what context, that is being used and see if it is true or not. As a human being (I) am capable of making mistakes, and also am capable of being wrong. So please be encouraged to continue in seeking in the truth about God, and His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.

I do agree with you though God sends the spirit through his Son and we receive the spirit from God through the Son which in-dwells in us as believers. (The Holy Spirit/Spirit of Christ lives with in us as new spiritually reborn against Christians.) The Gospel of Christ is about the life, death, burial, and resurrection of Christ Jesus.

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't believe I'm having an argument over the definition of "metaphor". But if you prefer "comparison", then Paul was drawing a comparison, in Romans 6, not speaking literally.
Our carnal man's burial "comparison" with the burial of Christ to be precise.