Acts 2:38 has been abandoned by Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your reasoning is so flawed it is beyond belief. Are you actually claiming that Paul's epistle isn't applicable to the truth? Only the book of Acts? The book of Acts doesn't apply to anyone except one person who lived about 2,000 years ago!

Please try to focus. The epistle was written to the church which were saved through the book of Acts. Do you understand thus far? Good.
Now, to find out how to be SAVED you must go to the book of Acts.

Last edited:

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you have attention deficit disorder? Please try to focus.
The epistle was written to the church which were saved through the book of Acts. Do you understand thus far? Good.
Now, to find out how to be SAVED you must go to the book of Acts.

Actually, I am, unlike yourself, a clear-thinking person. Additionally, I am in the top 1% of general intelligence, have been a Christian since 1977, and served as an elder in my church until I retired. What are your credentials?

It is preposterous to say that the church was saved through the "book" of Acts. Where do you get that (mis)information? It seems that you base your entire doctrine on a small part of one half of the two-part "Luke-Acts". You do realize, don't you, that there is a lot more to the Bible than what Luke wrote? (Actually, it seems that you don't).

Here is a verse you might want to read (if you can divert your obsessive thinking about Acts), "For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God" Ephesians 2:8 No mention of Acts!

The entire Bible is the word of God and was written to everyone. Until you realize that nobody, including me, will take you seriously.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was before Jesus died and resurrected and sent back his spirit at Pentecost in Acts 2.

That was OT.

You need a Bible study.

Of course, EVERYTHING before the Death Of The “ Testator” was Old Testament.....I suppose Jesus needed “YOU” to set things straight before the God Of the Universe told the woman that her sins were Forgiven—- simply because of her child- like Trust in Him.....It’s the same thing that Saves everybody that GETS Saved......I hope YOU have it....

Time will tell who “ really” needs the “ Bible Study”.....

Reactions: Jim B

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, EVERYTHING before the Death Of The “ Testator” was Old Testament.....I suppose Jesus needed “YOU” to set things straight before the God Of the Universe told the woman that her sins were Forgiven—- simply because of her child- like Trust in Him.....It’s the same thing that Saves everybody that GETS Saved......I hope YOU have it....

Well said! Truther is caught up in a very narrow trap. All he knows is the "book" of Acts, with an obsession on one verse. Very sad!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts is a documentary of what it takes to be in the original church, not a "transitional" book.

Not even the RCC will teach that baloney.

You must be new here....NOBODY in these Forums has more disdain for Romanism than me....I go as far as to say that anybody that holds to Catholic Doctrine is “ Fallen From Grace”......I am not a “ catholic basher” because I Also accuse 90% of the Protestant of “ ADDING to the Gospel Of Pure Grace” as well......I suspect that YOU would be a member of that Crowd....

For all of their faults , even Catholics can READ and understand Transition when they see it...Pray to God that He will show you how to “ Rightly DIVIDE”......Presently, you have showed that it is a skill that you lack...with God’s Blessing perhaps you will get there someday.....good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim B and Charlie24

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, I am, unlike yourself, a clear-thinking person. Additionally, I am in the top 1% of general intelligence, have been a Christian since 1977, and served as an elder in my church until I retired. What are your credentials?

It is preposterous to say that the church was saved through the "book" of Acts. Where do you get that (mis)information? It seems that you base your entire doctrine on a small part of one half of the two-part "Luke-Acts". You do realize, don't you, that there is a lot more to the Bible than what Luke wrote? (Actually, it seems that you don't).

Here is a verse you might want to read (if you can divert your obsessive thinking about Acts), "For by grace you are saved through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God" Ephesians 2:8 No mention of Acts!

The entire Bible is the word of God and was written to everyone. Until you realize that nobody, including me, will take you seriously.

After the death, burial, resurrection, Jesus spent 40 days speaking to them about things of the kingdom. They were well aware of the NT salvation plan. He was then taken up in a cloud and they were told to go to Jerusalem and wait for the promise.

The NT church was born at that time in Acts 2 and continues to this day. Acts 2:38 is the first Holy Ghost sermon, of which, is the reply of the question how to be saved.

Now, the apostles began to start churches and in doing this, they gave instruction and doctrine. They later wrote epistles to many of those churches whereby support what they had taught in person when they were with them. The scripture you listed (Ephesians 2:8) says nothing about repentance, but we know from Peter in Acts 2:38 it is needed AND part of the NT plan of salvation.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must be new here....NOBODY in these Forums has more disdain for Romanism than me....I go as far as to say that anybody that holds to Catholic Doctrine is “ Fallen From Grace”......I am not a “ catholic basher” simply because I accuse 90% of the Protestant of “ ADDING to the Gospel Of Pure Grace” as well......I suspect that YOU would be a member of that Crowd....

For all of their faults , even Catholics can READ and understand Transition when they see it...Pray to God that He will show you how to “ Rightly DIVIDE”......Presently, you have showed that it is a skill that you lack...with God’s Blessing perhaps you will get there someday.....good luck!

Here is a word of advice: "Truther" (as he calls himself) is obsessed with the "book" of Acts only, specifically one verse in the "book". It is a waste of time to get him to "open his eyes" to something beyond that obsession. Be my guest, however...

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are, of course, correct. However, "Truther" (as he likes to call himself) will not listen to reason. He is obsessed with one out-of-context verse and calls those of us who point out his errors "Acts skippers". Seriously!
Anti Acts 2:38 teaching is not to be reasoned with.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct, as long as the preacher doesn't make his own Law out of that Gospel message, as you are doing.

Nowhere in scripture will you find that we must be water baptized to be saved, but will find that we must believe!

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Good thing salvation does not involve remission of sins, huh?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather odd indeed . For a lamb would love all truth . They would want to joyfully be water baptised .
Just as they would love all things the glorious LORD and the biblical apostels had taught us and left us in the bible .
Lambs LOVE CHRIST above all , AND JESUS IS THE TRUTH as well as the ONLY WAY unto the Father .
Thus loving Christ means loving all things HE did teach and command as well as all good and wholesome truth
the biblical apostels WHO BY THE SPIRIT would later teach and instruct the church .
If JESUS said DO , and as we see by the SPIRIT the apostels later DID and taught TO DO , THEN THAT APPLIES
to all lambs through all ages TILL THE GLORIOUS LORD DOES COME .
Howbout those that say "if there was no water around, then what?

Well, they die of thirst.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You must be new here....NOBODY in these Forums has more disdain for Romanism than me....I go as far as to say that anybody that holds to Catholic Doctrine is “ Fallen From Grace”......I am not a “ catholic basher” simply because I accuse 90% of the Protestant of “ ADDING to the Gospel Of Pure Grace” as well......I suspect that YOU would be a member of that Crowd....

Never say "Acts is a transitional book".

Acts is set in stone...the beginning of the Church age, never to "transition" or deviate into anything, ever.

Reactions: user

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Obey Acts 2:38...

...Peter.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never say "Acts is a transitional book".

Acts is set in stone...the beginning of the Church age, never to "transition" or deviate into anything, ever.

Acts is the second part of the two-part work that Luke wrote to Theophilus. There are other "books" in the Bible, you know. Why are you so obsessed with this single "book"?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you're not to be reasoned with. You are compulsively obsessed with one verse out of 31,102!
No, just trying to get you off the "start" portion of the board.

No cheating...I am watching you close.