Acts 2:38 has been abandoned by Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38 is contrary to scripture?

Am I in the twilight zone of Christendom?
Go in most churches and behold and see what has become of them . From saints to aints
from Christ to anti Christ , from light to darkness , from the rainbow of GOD to the dark rainbow of perversion and its all called love now .
YEAH this generation is in dire and serious trouble and i speak of even those within christendom in large .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
State the case of the sinner on that cross . He was unable to be water baptised
and yet JESUS said YE shall be with me today in paradise .
Many make excuses . Yet its evident the man on that cross could not come down and be water baptised
which also proves IT is by faith in Christ that does save . However those who are able and yet DO NOT
also proves they do not follow HIM . ANY lamb that is able would get baptised .
They would not make excuse by using examples where its obvious one could not be water baptized .
If one is water baptised ten thousand times yet has not Faith in CHRIST then it means nothing and they are yet in thier sins
and will die in their sins . BUT IF ONE truly loves the LORD they would BE WATER baptized just as they would
be hearers and doers of all things HE did teach . Lord willing maybe one day i will arrive at the UK
and water baptise a dear sister . CAUSE NO way would i send her into the AI to get one from them . NO way .
The man on the cross died under the Law and was not required to obey Acts 2:38, since it had not yet been instituted.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go in most churches and behold and see what has become of them . From saints to aints
from Christ to anti Christ , from light to darkness , from the rainbow of GOD to the dark rainbow of perversion and its all called love now .
YEAH this generation is in dire and serious trouble and i speak of even those within christendom in large .
That kind of "love" will let you get hit by a spiritual train instead of helping you off the tracks in your wheelchair because there is no such thing in their mind as eternal danger.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The man on the cross died under the Law and was not required to obey Acts 2:38, since it had not yet been instituted.
Peter , james , jude and others had already been water baptized even before the day of pentecost .
I would not quite say it like you just did . If a man is driving in his car and wrecks it
and yet suddenly is drawn to Christ right before he dies , that man is gonna be WITH JESUS .
HOWEVER any one making excuse against water baptism , they just dont know HIM my friend .
But be careful . I DO agree with you that we SHOULD be water baptized , but dont go overboard on this my friend .
My advice stands . To all who come to and follow Christ GET water baptized
but never teach that if one came to Christ at their end of life and was unable they will be damned either .
Its simple really . Lambs are hearers and doers of all things both JESUS and later the true apostels would teach and do .
IF water baptism was not a big deal , THEN WHY would peter have CORNELIOUS and his household BE WATER baptized
EVEN after they had recieved the HOLY GHOST and were speaking in tongues . IT IS something we must continue to do and to teach .
I keep it real simple , IF the early church taught and did something then we do the same . Real simple .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That kind of "love" will let you get hit by a spiritual train instead of helping you off the tracks in your wheelchair because there is no such thing in their mind as eternal danger.
Its on them if they refuse this and teach against it . And it aint the only thing most all churches do these days .
We got satan all over the places preaching with his soldiers the most ungodly lies and yet calling it love .
We need to arise and contend for the true faith and teach all and remind all to be hearers and doers of THE WORD
This generation is in dire trouble .

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38 is contrary to scripture?

Am I in the twilight zone of Christendom?

Yes, I'm thinking you are, but by your own choice.

Why did Peter leave out "water baptism" for the remission of sins in this verse?

Acts 10:43

" To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins."

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter , james , jude and others had already been water baptized even before the day of pentecost .
I would not quite say it like you just did . If a man is driving in his car and wrecks it
and yet suddenly is drawn to Christ right before he dies , that man is gonna be WITH JESUS .
HOWEVER any one making excuse against water baptism , they just dont know HIM my friend .
But be careful . I DO agree with you that we SHOULD be water baptized , but dont go overboard on this my friend .
My advice stands . To all who come to and follow Christ GET water baptized
but never teach that if one came to Christ at their end of life and was unable they will be damned either .
Its simple really . Lambs are hearers and doers of all things both JESUS and later the true apostels would teach and do .
IF water baptism was not a big deal , THEN WHY would peter have CORNELIOUS and his household BE WATER baptized
EVEN after they had recieved the HOLY GHOST and were speaking in tongues . IT IS something we must continue to do and to teach .
I keep it real simple , IF the early church taught and did something then we do the same . Real simple .
I think it is like this...

Only those that obey Acts 2:38 after Pentecost will partake in the 1st resurrection and marry Christ per Rev 19.

The rest live not again until the thousand years are finished, including aborted babies...to be judged according to their works vs the Law of God.

Those that pass are saved in that group.

The rest are doomed.

So, there is a second chance for the unbaptized...but it is high risk.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its on them if they refuse this and teach against it . And it aint the only thing most all churches do these days .
We got satan all over the places preaching with his soldiers the most ungodly lies and yet calling it love .
We need to arise and contend for the true faith and teach all and remind all to be hearers and doers of THE WORD
This generation is in dire trouble .
So true!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I'm thinking you are, but by your own choice.

Why did Peter leave out "water baptism" for the remission of sins in this verse?

Acts 10:43

" To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins."
Read on...

7 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord.

Sorry Charlie, had to do that.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read on...

7 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord.

Sorry Charlie, had to do that.

They had already received the Holy Spirit while Peter was preaching.

That means they were saved and sins forgiven before they were water baptized.

What does that tell you?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Frank Zappa..."...mother Mary and Joseph, I wish they would all go away...".

Modern Acts skippers...."...Peter and Acts 2:38, I wish they would all go away...".

Blind Guides—- they wish 1 Cor15:1-4 would “go away” .... Jesus said if one simply Believed that, they would be Saved....no mention of baptism, btw.....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Preaching by man does not save! It opens the door for the Spirit to make Christ known.

Salvation is a choice. Man will accept or reject that calling by the Spirit.

Remember “Lydia, the seller of purple” In Acts? It said that God “ opened her heart” to receive the Gospel.....its not different for anybody else.....”NOBODY comes , lest the Spirit Draw them”..... the Initiative for Salvation belongs to God....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are, of course, correct. However, "Truther" (as he likes to call himself) will not listen to reason. He is obsessed with one out-of-context verse and calls those of us who point out his errors "Acts skippers". Seriously!

He appears to be Fan Of Frank Zappa——- allow me to paraphrase a quote from Mr.Zappa—- “Truther would ‘t know the “ Truth” If it came up and bit him on the A** !”

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, very clever -- not. What is wrong with you?????

The answer is very simple —- the Bible reveals his “problem” .....he us a “ Poor Student of The Word who does not know how to RIGHtLY DIVIDE”......The Bible says these types should “stand ashamed”, alas , some “ have” no Shame....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We got us a problem . Since when would a lamb consider anything JESUS taught and did
and later commanded the apostels to teach others to do , BECOME SEEN AS LEGALISTIC . FOR IF LOVING CHRIST
aka OBEYING JESUS is now called legalism , then rest assured satan has decieved the peoples who beleive this to be legalism .

If one wants to “ obey Jesus”, we must do what He said to do......what would THAT be? “ Follow Paul”......Jesus revealed to Paul many “ Mysteries” That the Disciples we’re clueless about....( the Rapture.....The Body Of Christ.....the Church Age.....Salvation by Grace Alone, etc) God had kept these Secrets hidden from men for Millenia.....Paul was God's “ Chosen Vessel” to deliver the Gospel Message to the world—- that Gospel can be found in 1 Cor15:1-4.... no baptism is mentioned and Paul even went farther than that when he said that he was “ Not sent to Baptize”.....He must have been the First of the “ Acts Skippers!”

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When man adds his own stuff , THAT IS LEGALISM . But when man simply brings all things JESUS did teach and said TO DO and to teach
THAT IS CALLED TRUTH . And hearers only but not doers , have decieved themselves . My advice
Read bibles for ourselves and stop trying to learn it through the lens of many world wise men but rather LEARN IT FOR YOU .

Never forget that the Romanists have taken your advice!They Read the same Bible that we do and look where it got them.....Jehovah’s Witnesses ALSO read their Bibles “ on their own!”

The Bible can be a Very Dangerous Book! The Bible declares that God has “ Gifted” us with wise Teachers Of The Word...With Gods help and guidance,We need to identify them and listen to them....One should read the entire Bible to learn what is in there and perhaps more “Importantly” What is NOT in there....I was Very surprised after I read the Bible for the first time! It turned out That my church got a lot of VERY IMPORTANT things Wrong....Ain’t nobody gonna fool me no more—- Now I know what’s in there!

Read the Bible and pray to God that He leads you to “ God - Sent” Teachers as opposed to “ SELF- Sent “ “Teachers”...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is a word of advice: "Truther" (as he calls himself) is obsessed with the "book" of Acts only, specifically one verse in the "book". It is a waste of time to get him to "open his eyes" to something beyond that obsession. Be my guest, however...

Lol.....I have been around here for a long time now....I can very much respect your Words of Wisdom —-Truer Words were never spoken——

Nothing has changed in 2000 years....this poorly taught , Confused guy is just a modern-day version of what Jesus referred to as being “ Stiff- Necked!” , just one of many “ Blind Guides”

Here is the thing though—- because of these “ One- Note Charley’s” , think of all of the chances it gives us to get the Truth Of The Gospel out there for the Newbies in the crowd that are forced to hear this type of Hog Wash out there in the “ Real” world and are unable to defend themselves with Sound Doctrine.....well, they can get it Here!

We must view these Legalists, Leaven Spreaders and Tares as “ Springboards” to get the Truth out....it’s just like you say.....it’s a waste of valuable computer ink to try to get through to these modern day Judaizers , But in the end, these guys can’t be given “ free reign” to Ruin the Faith Walk Of The Newbies, “ ship- wrecking” their Child - Like Faith before they can even get started....

Sinner that I am ,I can’t boast that God and myself got all that much in common....but here is One Thing that we “ DO” have in common! ...... God HATES “ Leaven” and so do I ......I see my self as God’s “ Pit Bull” in the fight against Legalism and the Spreading Of Leaven—- these things DESTROYED many of the Churches that Paul had founded ( “ All Those in Asia- Minor have deserted me” ) ....I’m not gonna sit around and see that happen here ...at least not without a Fight....

These guys serve a purpose in these Forums that they are oblivious to....the “ Stiffer” the Neck, the better the “ Springboard “ .....Lol......

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never say "Acts is a transitional book".

Acts is set in stone...the beginning of the Church age, never to "transition" or deviate into anything, ever.

When it comes to Scripture , *EVERY WORD* is “ set in stone”......But does that mean we slaughter a lamb every time we commit a Sin? God’s plan for dealing with Sin and Salvation changes throughout time....that is why God’s Word MUST BE “ Rightly Divided” ......failure to do so leads to Confusion and YOU are DEFINITELY one “ Confused” man......

Have you FINISHED reading the Entire Book Of Acts Yet? Or do you desire to continue to be so “ stiff- necked” that you will not even “ Consider “ taking a look at the obvious Transition that takes place in the Book ? “Willful Ignorance” is a type of “Willful Sin”, wouldn't you think?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obey Acts 2:38...

Obey Paul’s Gospel—- the one Given to Paul personally by Jesus.....the one that had Peter’s Blessing....it spoke Nothing Of water baptism....Your Lone Biblical Hero , Peter, declared that everything that Paul wrote was the equivalent to any and all Scripture....

Camp out where you choose, I don’t care..

But just remember that Paul said it was “ His Gospel” that you would answer to when you stood before God on Judgment Day......NOT Acts 2:38 ....Nothing Wrong with that verse....it’s just that the Plan got changed ......1Cor 15:1-4 is our proper “ Anchor” Of Faith now.....not Acts 2:28......

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think of this as a board game, that in the rules, you must draw a certain card(Acts 2:38 card) to leave the start square.

Acts 2:38 is the start square for the 3000 at Pentecost to move on into the Epistles.

Since you cannot seem to "draw" the Acts 2:38 card, you are stuck on start.

Keep trying.

Unfortunately for your Confused “ Doctrine”, Acts2:38 is FAR from being the only Card in The deck....Try this Card , oh, “ Stiff- Necked” one ! The Card That says Romans 10:13 —- It says , “Anybody that ASKS to be Saved WILL BE SAVED”......Please Notice What it does NOT say—— “Anybody that asks to be Saved has a pretty good chance of actually being Saved, if they get water baptized before they die”