Acts 2:38 has been abandoned by Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is impossible to be an Epistle skipper if you obey Acts 2:38.

After obeying Acts 2:38, you become qualified to read and apply the Epistles.

The Acts skipper "qualifies" sinners illegally by taking sinners straight to the letters written to the previously saved via Acts 2:38, saints.

He is sneaky and underhanded with the Bible and sinners as he does away with the necessity to obey Acts 2:38.

Please explain the apostle Paul’s words in 1 Corinthians 1:17 using the Bible.
Please explain the apostle Paul’s words in 1 Corinthians 1:14-16 using the Bible.

If not, you are a Corinthians skipper.

Please explain Acts of the Apostles 18:24-26 using the Bible.
Please explain Acts of the Apostles 19:1-6 using the Bible.

If not, you are an Acts skipper.

I am not an Acts skipper because I explained Acts of the Apostles 2:38 to you using Romans 6:3, and Romans 6:5, etcetera.
You have not offered any kind of biblical rebuttal to these verses.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truther

Is baptism a work?
Yes, or no?
If it is a work then how can you be saved by God’s grace through faith without works in your Initial Salvation according to Ephesians 2:8-9?
Acts 2:38 is Grace.

Another Acts skipper false idea is that Spirit led works are the works mentioned by Paul that do not save us.

Paul mentions the "works of the Law".

Acts skippers call every Spirit led and required work, "works".

These phonies are hyocritical because confessing Jesus is a big time work.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the name of Jesus was not spoken over you upon immersion during baptism, you are officially unqualified to read and apply the Epistles.

You have zero foundation.

You are not dealing with explaining 1 Corinthians 1:17, 1 Corinthians 1:14-16, Acts of the Apostles 18:24-26, Acts of the Apostles 19:1-6. When I say for you to explain these verses, I would actually like you to give a word for word commentary (if you are capable of even doing that). My guess is you cannot do so because they refute your belief in focusing a laser beam on one verse in the Bible (While you ignore others).

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are reading water baptism into 1 Corinthians 6:11 when it does not even mention water baptism. In fact, Paul would disagree with your interpretation because he said he came not to baptize but to preach the gospel (1 Corinthians 1:17). Paul only baptized two people and one household (1 Corinthians 1:14-16). But you don’t appear to be able to see what the apostle Paul is saying. I take Paul’s words as having more weight or authority because he rebuked Peter for not walking according to the truth of the gospel, and because Paul primarily written to Gentiles.
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

It is color coded for your convenience.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38 is Grace.

Another Acts skipper false idea is that Spirit led works are the works mentioned by Paul that do not save us.

Paul mentions the "works of the Law".

Acts skippers call every Spirit led and required work, "works".

These phonies are hyocritical because confessing Jesus is a big time work.

There is a difference between seeking forgiveness with Jesus, and confessing the name “Lord Jesus” as a part of being saved by God’s grace without works vs. doing works to be initially saved. Baptism was something that was put forth by John the Baptist and he was the last Old Testament prophet.

Luke 16:16
“The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”

This is why Jesus never baptized anyone himself.

Jesus baptizes with the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 3:11
“I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:”

Jesus talked about how John baptized with water, but how the disciples will be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Acts of the Apostles 1:5
“For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.”

Jews were not being saved initially because they already believed in God.
So baptism for Jews was not done for Initial Salvation.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

It is color coded for your convenience.

Hebrews 9:10 says, “Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.” The word “washings” is the Greek word “baptismos” (βαπτισμός) (Check out here for the Strong’s definition). In other words, Hebrews 9:10 is saying that diverse baptisms (washings) were imposed on believers until the time of reformation. Meaning, water baptism will give way or pass away until the time of reformation (Which means that Spirit baptism is now the one and only true baptism for today).

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please explain the apostle Paul’s words in 1 Corinthians 1:17 using the Bible.
Please explain the apostle Paul’s words in 1 Corinthians 1:14-16 using the Bible.

If not, you are a Corinthians skipper.

Please explain Acts of the Apostles 18:24-26 using the Bible.
Please explain Acts of the Apostles 19:1-6 using the Bible.

If not, you are an Acts skipper.

I am not an Acts skipper because I explained Acts of the Apostles 2:38 to you using Romans 6:3, and Romans 6:5, etcetera.
You have not offered any kind of biblical rebuttal to these verses.
You are an Acts skipper, because you REFUSE to obey Acts 2:38.

You are not of the 3000 at Pentecost.

You are of the RCC and her Acts skipping protestant daughters.

The RCC invented Acts skipping by disobeying Acts 2:38, and all her modern, Acts skipping protestant daughters perfected the doctrine as you are doing(taking it to the next level, saying Paul trumped Peter etc).

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not dealing with explaining 1 Corinthians 1:17, 1 Corinthians 1:14-16, Acts of the Apostles 18:24-26, Acts of the Apostles 19:1-6. When I say for you to explain these verses, I would actually like you to give a word for word commentary (if you are capable of even doing that). My guess is you cannot do so because they refute your belief in focusing a laser beam on one verse in the Bible (While you ignore others).
You did it again, not quoting Acts 2:38.

We need to enroll you into Acts Skippers Anonymous and secretly baptize you in the name of Jesus for the remission of your sins.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are an Acts skipper, because you REFUSE to obey Acts 2:38.

You are not of the 3000 at Pentecost.

You are of the RCC and her Acts skipping protestant daughters.

The RCC invented Acts skipping by disobeying Acts 2:38, and all her modern, Acts skipping protestant daughters perfected the doctrine as you are doing(taking it to the next level, saying Paul trumped Peter etc).

Actually the RCC believes more closely to you on this topic seeing they believe baptism is necessary for salvation.
I am also not Protestant, either. I am strongly against Protestant’s view of Justification and Sanctification. I am a non-denominational Christian who just believes the Bible alone + The Anointing to understand it.

Reactions: Jim B

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did it again, not quoting Acts 2:38.

We need to enroll you into Acts Skippers Anonymous and secretly baptize you in the name of Jesus for the remission of your sins.

We are done here unless you can explain the portions of Scripture I put forth to you.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a difference between seeking forgiveness with Jesus, and confessing the name “Lord Jesus” as a part of being saved by God’s grace without works vs. doing works to be initially saved. Baptism was something that was put forth by John the Baptist and he was the last Old Testament prophet.

Luke 16:16
“The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”

This is why Jesus never baptized anyone himself.

Jesus baptizes with the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 3:11
“I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:”

Jesus talked about how John baptized with water, but how the disciples will be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

Acts of the Apostles 1:5
“For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.”

Jews were not being saved initially because they already believed in God.
So baptism for Jews was not done for Initial Salvation.
Look, without Acts 2:38 you have no remission of sins.

It does not matter if you quote the Epistles until you are blue in the face.

You must first obey Acts 2:38 to qualify for the rest of Acts and the Epistles.

You are still stuck in the Old Testament and under the Law.

No kidding.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 9:10 says, “Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.” The word “washings” is the Greek word “baptismos” (βαπτισμός) (Check out here for the Strong’s definition). In other words, Hebrews 9:10 is saying that diverse baptisms (washings) were imposed on believers until the time of reformation. Meaning, water baptism will give way or pass away until the time of reformation (Which means that Spirit baptism is now the one and only true baptism for today).
The Acts skipper just did away with Acts 2:38 in his post.

He is calling Acts 2:38 a carnal ordinance.

Creepy doctrine.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually the RCC believes more closely to you on this topic seeing they believe baptism is necessary for salvation.
I am also not Protestant, either. I am strongly against Protestant’s view of Justification and Sanctification. I am a non-denominational Christian who just believes the Bible alone + The Anointing to understand it.
No, the RCC did away with Jesus' name baptism.

You Acts skippers took it to the extreme and finished baptism off with draining the water and merely "confessing Jesus".

Even the devils can now be saved.

They have been confessing Jesus for over 2 milleniums.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Spirit leads and guides into further truth.

The Spirit is not given to vindicate lifestyles and beliefs.

Acts skippers get the Holy Ghost and continue the same crazy beliefs that they previously had and the Spirit can't budge them towards Acts 2:38.

Weird days we are living in.
You have been showed the Truth !

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are done here unless you can explain the portions of Scripture I put forth to you.
I have,

Over and over and over again.

You read the Bible backwards.

You take latter verses to attempt to debunk former verses.

Normal folks read the Bible in the order it was placed.

Do you have one of those backmasking Bibles or something?

If so, here is how my Bible is to be read....

Matt-John, for sinners to find out who Jesus is.

Acts 2:38, to find out how to be saved and be baptized into Christ.

Rom-Rev, to find out how to stay in Christ.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Skipping Acts 2:38 is not the truth.

It is what qualifies being a daughter of the great whore of Rev(RCC).

Anything goes but Jesus name baptism...anything but that.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In summary, the Acts skipper teaches this...

38 Then Peter said unto them, DO NOT Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 It is works.

40 Only confess Jesus, which is works too but less works...you know what I mean....