Adult baptism whats the big deal is about it..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
the big deal about adult baptism IS .. ITS Gods grace

Jesus instituted the great commission to baptize all nations

it is not law that came through Moses it is as the bible says

the law came through Moses GRACE AND TRUTH CAME THROUGH JESUS CHRIST

IT IS GODS GRACE AND TRUTH .that came through j
Jesus Christ..

God grace and truth is faith in jesus that he lived perfect for you and died for your sins winning you heaven..

even if you already believe this baptism then will strengthens your faith in Jesus that the big .

deal . God wants you to have in adult baptism...

the only ones that really knows if a believer is being baptized is God and the one being baptized ..

lets say A Judas comes to Jesus in baptism and is baptized does that make Gods grace worthless ?

if a lady of the night wears a pure gold neckless does that make pure gold worthless ?

BAPTISM IS BY FAR MUCH GREATER treasure

BECAUSE WE BY God GRACE PUT On..
.Jesus. clothes .. instead of God seeing our sins he sees Jesus perfect record of obedience in our stead..

gal 3:27 putting on Jesus CLOTHES in baptism saves us PUT ON JESUS CLOTHES AND BESAVED IN BAPTISM 1 PETER 3:20-21

SOME REFUSED Gods purpose of having them baptised AND JESUS WARNED THEM of HELL

with out Jesus clothes on that baptism gives.

luke 7:30
john 3:
:5-6

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. So, his example is what one should follow. It is true that baptism came from God. And whatever comes from God can bring salvation.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
Selene said:
Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. So, his example is what one should follow. It is true that baptism came from God. And whatever comes from God can bring salvation.
It is true that Jesus is our example, He was the Son of God before He was baptised, So we have to become Children of God through the rebirth "Salvation", Before we get baptised.
Water baptism doesn't bring salvation, But it is the witness that we are ALREADY saved.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Alanforchrist said:
It is true that Jesus is our example, He was the Son of God before He was baptised, So we have to become Children of God through the rebirth "Salvation", Before we get baptised.
Water baptism doesn't bring salvation, But it is the witness that we are ALREADY saved.
Baptism came from God, and all things that comes from God can bring salvation.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

1 Peter 3:21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. [fn] It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
Selene said:
Baptism came from God, and all things that comes from God can bring salvation.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

1 Peter 3:21 and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also—not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. [fn] It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ,
The Greek Bible emphesis for, "Saved" in Mk 16: 16, Is on the "Believing", Not baptism.

Peter knew baptism DOESN'T save, He was baptised, But it didn't save him.DID IT??. NO..NO.
Paul was saved and baptised in the Holy Ghost but he wasn't saved at that time..WAS HE??. NO..NO.
The Gentiles in Acts 10, were saved, baptised in the Holy Ghost and spoke in tongues, But they were baptised..WERE THEY??. NO.NO.

So why would Peter say baptism saves, "1 Pet 3: 21"??. If you read it properly, You'll see Peter said ibaptism is a figure.
The Greek Bible text says baptism is, "A type, a figure, a symbol".. Not the thing that saves.

So we have the Biblical and the original Greek Bible text that prove baptism DOESN'T save.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Alanforchrist said:
The Greek Bible emphesis for, "Saved" in Mk 16: 16, Is on the "Believing", Not baptism.

Peter knew baptism DOESN'T save, He was baptised, But it didn't save him.DID IT??. NO..NO.
Paul was saved and baptised in the Holy Ghost but he wasn't saved at that time..WAS HE??. NO..NO.
The Gentiles in Acts 10, were saved, baptised in the Holy Ghost and spoke in tongues, But they were baptised..WERE THEY??. NO.NO.

So why would Peter say baptism saves, "1 Pet 3: 21"??. If you read it properly, You'll see Peter said ibaptism is a figure.
The Greek Bible text says baptism is, "A type, a figure, a symbol".. Not the thing that saves.

So we have the Biblical and the original Greek Bible text that prove baptism DOESN'T save.
If a person truly "believes" our Lord Jesus Christ, then that person would be "obedient". So, when Jesus says, that He who believes and is baptized will be saved, then that person will obey and get himself baptized......because that is what it means to believe. What good is believing if one is disobedient.

And when Peter says that this water which resembles baptism will save you, then one should "believe" it......because Peter was sent by God and God gave Peter the Holy Spirit.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
Selene said:
If a person truly "believes" our Lord Jesus Christ, then that person would be "obedient". So, when Jesus says, that He who believes and is baptized will be saved, then that person will obey and get himself baptized......because that is what it means to believe. What good is believing if one is disobedient.

And when Peter says that this water which resembles baptism will save you, then one should "believe" it......because Peter was sent by God and God gave Peter the Holy Spirit.

I believe a person should be baptised as a outward sign of an ALREADY inward experience.
But bapism doesn't save.
I was saved, [Born again] December 7th 1975.
Baptised in the Holy Ghost and spoke in tongues, May 11th 1975..
And baptised in water July 3rd 1976.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Alanforchrist said:

I believe a person should be baptised as a outward sign of an ALREADY inward experience.
But bapism doesn't save.
I was saved, [Born again] December 7th 1975.
Baptised in the Holy Ghost and spoke in tongues, May 11th 1975..
And baptised in water July 3rd 1976.

Jesus is the Way to salvation......and He got Himself baptized in BOTH water and spirit Therefore, Jesus is the example we should follow. Christ did not leave "water" out; therefore, I will not leave water out as well. Since He got Himself baptized, then that is good enough for me.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
Selene said:
Jesus is the Way to salvation......and He got Himself baptized in BOTH water and spirit Therefore, Jesus is the example we should follow. Christ did not leave "water" out; therefore, I will not leave water out as well. Since He got Himself baptized, then that is good enough for me.
Jesus is our example, He was the Son of God, He was baptised in water and in the Holy Ghost.
So first we must become children of God, Then we can be baptised, ... Not the other way around.

How and when did you get baptised??.

Niki

May 28, 2013
READ THESE SALVATION VERSES AND SEE THAT NONE OF THEM INCLUDE BAPTISM IN GOD’S PLAN OF SALVATION: JOHN 3:16, 3:18, 3:36, 5:24, 6:51, 6:54, 10:9; ACTS 4:12; ROMANS 10:9-13; EPHESIANS 2:8-9; COLOSSIANS 1:12-14; 1 JOHN 5:10-13. THESE VERSES ARE JUST A FEW. THERE ARE MANY, MANY OTHER SALVATION VERSES WHICH TOTALLY LEAVE BAPTISM OUT AS A NECESSITY FOR SALVATION. READ FOR YOURSELF. MAY THE TRUTH OF GOD’S WORD SET YOU FREE FROM MAN-MADE PLANS OF SALVATION. THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY, JOHN 14:6, "JESUS SAITH UNTO HIM, I AM THE WAY, AND THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE: NO MAN COMETH UNTO THE FATHER, BUT BY ME."

Feb 12, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
baptism shows our faith in Jesus to the church and should not be done before we have the Faith that will save us by grace.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Selene said:

Seeing that Jesus is our example, did water baptism save Him?

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
clark thompson said:
baptism shows our faith in Jesus to the church and should not be done before we have the Faith that will save us by grace.
Baptism itself is an act of faith. In the early church, it meant severing ties to the corrupt world, saying that Jesus is Lord instead of Caeser is Lord, and making a public proclamation of membership to a persecuted faith. Faith is not a feeling, it's an action, particularly the action of water baptism.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
This Vale Of Tears said:
Baptism itself is an act of faith. In the early church, it meant severing ties to the corrupt world, saying that Jesus is Lord instead of Caeser is Lord, and making a public proclamation of membership to a persecuted faith. Faith is not a feeling, it's an action, particularly the action of water baptism.
In the TRUE Christian early Church, They were saved by faith, Then baptised as an outward witness of faith in Jesus, and showing that they belong to Jesus.
Your early church members should have had their corrupt ties removed through the rebirth, Before they got baptised.

Reactions: Niki

Niki

May 28, 2013
The cart before the horse theology does not work. If someone states Baptism saves, then what do we do with Jesus? Invite Him over for lunch, or maybe a dip in the pool?

I'm not trying to be funny (it just comes natural, I don't try)...Seriously...if the Son of God did not do enough and His sacrificial death was not enough, do you really think
that a dip in water is going to save you?

If so, then why not just shower with some nice smelling soap.

I mean honestly, just the logic alone is enough to make you bang your head on a wall.

Are you reading the Bible backwards? FAITH first, THEN Baptism.

Niki

May 28, 2013
huh. And which half are you with?

Do you think a person believes in Christ first and is saved, or do think Baptism saves? (that is actually the discussion)

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Niki said:
huh. And which half are you with?

Do you think a person believes in Christ first and is saved, or do think Baptism saves? (that is actually the discussion)
When I was baptized I did it as a public declaration of my faith In Christ

To me it was an outward cleansing signifying an inward cleansing

But I will never tell anyone else what their baptism should mean to them

Do you ?

Niki

May 28, 2013
That was why I was baptized also Arnie...a public declaration of my faith in Christ and the fact the Bible teaches that baptism is an observance
of an outward declaration of inward faith

Do you think discussing what scripture says concerning baptism is telling them what baptism should mean to them?

Do you think that we can choose our own meaning or do we accept what the Bible says?

The Bible does not say that baptism saves. Do you agree with that or not?

I don't think we can decide what order we should be baptized in. I believe scriptures states the order and the reason.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Niki said:
That was why I was baptized also Arnie...a public declaration of my faith in Christ and the fact the Bible teaches that baptism is an observance
of an outward declaration of inward faith

Do you think discussing what scripture says concerning baptism is telling them what baptism should mean to them?

Do you think that we can choose our own meaning or do we accept what the Bible says?

The Bible does not say that baptism saves. Do you agree with that or not?

I don't think we can decide what order we should be baptized in. I believe scriptures states the order and the reason.
Very good Niki

So why are you so worried what baptism means to everyone else ? ...... are you worried they may see it different than you do .... and so what if they do.

Every two months we have 3-7 new people baptized ..... and it has a different personal meaning for each of them

The fact that they profess Christ .... they are being baptized in a Christian Church , in front of hundreds of believers .... does not give us the right to nit pick their personal baptism theology .

If they think the baptism is what cleanses them from sin ..... who cares ... they are cleansed from sin anyway

if they think it is only their faith that cleanses them .... who cares .... they are cleansed from sin anyway

If an 83 year old christian believes his infant baptism cleanses him from sin ... who cares ... he is cleansed from sin anyway

If Niki and Arnie disagree with infant baptism it will not negate the infant baptism of the 83 year old christian if he feels it is sufficient

If the 83 year old christian is worried about it , he can make the decision to be baptized again if he wants to

I know some people who have been baptized many times during their adult life because their faith is weak.

Who am I to say they are doing something wrong.

Accept the one whose faith is weak, without quarreling over disputable matters.

Romans 14:1