afraid holy spirit will never come back to me

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, here's some:

Ephesians 4:30 (see the context there of admonishing and exhorting us not to sin...not that I believe this means He leaves a person for good necessarily, but that He may hide His face for a while....as you mentioned we might have to fast from His presence for a bit)

Hebrews 3:10 and 17

And when Israel backslid and kept on sinning in grievous ways, unrepentant and with seared consciences, the spirit/glory departed the temple (Ichabod).

Okay, thanks. But I don’t think, from what I read of the op, that the poster is an example of that Hebrews verse. If she were, she would not be in the distress her post showed her to be in.

As for grieving the Holy Spirit, I’m quite sure we all do, in many ways, but if you have received the down payment of the Spirit, He’s never going to leave you. You WILL live forever and that’s a settled fact. His Spirit will not abandon you and that’s a settled fact. And He will always be doing good for you and skimming off your slag, even if you cannot see it until later and even it feels awful to your flesh and senses and feels like punishment.

And by the way, this is the first time I remember meeting you, so…it’s very good to meet you!

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we have received the Spirit and become aware that we are no longer sensing Him, we begin to search for what we must have done to offend Him and think He has taken His Spirit from us. I did the same exact thing the first time I could no longer sense Him. But He does not abandon us. He has put us on the true fast, in spirit, to grow our trust. This is the fast in spirit and truth. There is no need for panic. He’s doing good for you in this Gabby. I’m speaking about what I have seen and known. You will believe me after He returns to your senses and then hides from you again later in another fast. You will learn, in this way, the obedience of a firm trust in Him that doesn’t waver. This is how He does it.

It’s like…when a mother goes into the bathroom and closes and locks the door and the small child freaks out because he can’t see her any more. In the child’s mind, the parent has left him, but that is not what has occurred. The mother believes it’s time for the child to grow some and that the child is ready for this.

Excellent reply,
Funny how we always seem to resort to our inner child...the crying, screaming and stomping our feet kind of child.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Excellent reply,
Funny how we always seem to resort to our inner child...the crying, screaming and stomping our feet kind of child.

God made everything to show His glory. His glory is hidden in even the human parent/child relationship. Even it speaks of Him and His ways!

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Okay, thanks. But I don’t think, from what I read of the op, that the poster is an example of that Hebrews verse. If she were, she would not be in the distress her post showed her to be in.

As for grieving the Holy Spirit, I’m quite sure we all do, in many ways, but if you have received the down payment of the Spirit, He’s never going to leave you. You WILL live forever and that’s a settled fact. His Spirit will not abandon you and that’s a settled fact. And He will always be doing good for you and skimming off your slag, even if you cannot see it until later and even it feels awful to your flesh and senses and feels like punishment.

And by the way, this is the first time I remember meeting you, so…it’s very good to meet you!

Nice to meet you too! No I didn't at all mean to imply that the poster was. I probably shouldn't have extended my comment so far in the first place...don't want to go off topic with her thread.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my gosh @Nancy! I was watching this video and recalled your previous post.
It’s of babies being told “no.”
I almost lost my breakfast for laughing so hard as I watched it.
One or two of them reminded me of you, bahaha!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice to meet you too! No I didn't at all mean to imply that the poster was. I probably shouldn't have extended my comment so far in the first place...don't want to go off topic with her thread.

ah, we go off topic so much in here it ain’t even funny! :D
It would make a pretty good thread though…

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Ahahaha, "Now, daddy, calm down" Manipulation even at that age! what a hoot! Which one reminded you of me, I saw a few that did... :D

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Confess your sins to God and He will be faithful and just to forgive you and cleanse you of all unrighteous." The Lord is gracious and forgiving....so says His word. As long as we're sincere. It's not likely He will cast a soul off for one offense, though we might feel miserable like that for a while.

When you examine yourself and sincerely acknowledge your sin to God, maybe you would consider having communion to remember and refresh (so to speak) His sacrifice that cleanses you of the sin and brings it to the cross and under the blood......this is a way the Lord has given to cleanse one's conscience.
That , IS the simple answer . Simply examine ourselves .
No matter what the fault lies not in GOD , if any fault is to be found its gonna be in us .
And like as with JOB , GOD is faithful to show us our error . The fault always lies in man , NOT IN GOD .
Job suffered massive and later there was a fault found in JOB , one in which GOD sent that one man to expose
and then later GOD exposed that fault to JOB himself as well . NOTICE JOB REPENTS .
CAUSE the TRUTH of GOD will always expose our error and lead us to repentance . GOD is faithful , full of mercy and compassion .
Simply seek HIM out and no matter what we suffer , no matter what comes against us
TRUST IN GOD through it all and know that any time a fault exists , ITS IN US , NOT IN HIM .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t know about this. This has never happened to me. Do you have verses to support it? I’d like to read them. :)
It happend to job . And job then messed up but GOD led another man to him to correct him .
JOB had come to the wrong mindset . To see this GO to the latter part of job
when the man came to correct job and his friends . HE shows job what his error is ......
And JOB repented of said error .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One problem i noticed was that some parents made the no sound so cute . I say simply teach the kids NO means no .
Its quite simple to do really . I mean if a child associates no with sounding cute
and then you say NO when they go to stick a wire hanger in an electrical outlet they might think its just a game .
Ps , i aint saying you got to spank an infant . But teach them NO means NO and that its for their own good they listen .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahahaha, "Now, daddy, calm down" Manipulation even at that age! what a hoot! Which one reminded you of me, I saw a few that did... :D

The ones throwing the most dramatic fits reminded me of you haha! It was like, ooooo, if that baby was older there’d be some stuff getting broke! Haha!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It happend to job . And job then messed up but GOD led another man to him to correct him .
JOB had come to the wrong mindset . To see this GO to the latter part of job
when the man came to correct job and his friends . HE shows job what his error is ......
And JOB repented of said error .

Sorry, this makes no sense to me with the conversation we were having over the hebrews verse…

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ones throwing the most dramatic fits reminded me of you haha! It was like, ooooo, if that baby was older there’d be some stuff getting broke! Haha!
There's nothing left to break, haha! Seriously though, God has brought me through to the other side and am having my peace return, thank you Jesus!