1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Agreement

Discussion in 'Christian Theology Forum' started by aspen, Aug 24, 2018.

1. aspen

aspen “"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    is agreement with fellow Christians important?
    My own disagreement with BOL, Epistle1 and Marymog is creating cognitive dissonance in my mind
    My tribe has moved to the rIght in my opinion

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    Nancy likes this.
  2. Miss Hepburn

Miss Hepburn Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Hey, it's nice to have agreements with others sure...but you know, ultimately,
    as long as you and God are seeing eye to eye...all is well and peaceful...you just needed to hear that, that's all.:)

aspen and Nancy like this.
  3. Episkopos

Episkopos Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada

Agreement as much as possible. Then we leave it to God who does the impossible...unity.

aspen, Nancy, amadeus and 2 others like this.
  4. Phoneman777

Phoneman777 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The Gospel path is narrow, but not constricted. It is flanked on either side by two ditches which rob those who fall in of eternal life - the left one being the "license ditch" in which are those who claim to be saved by the blood of Jesus but refuse to keep His commandments...and on the right the "legalism ditch" in which are those who claim they are saved by their good works.

On the path, you and I can walk in agreement, though you may choose to walk over there and me over here...and to be sure we are far better off sticking somewhere close to the middle...but we can never walk in agreement with those who have fallen in either the one or the other ditch.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
  5. Willie T

Willie T Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    In truth, aren't we are supposed to be over at those ditches, helping the others get out?

Nancy, Episkopos and "ByGrace" like this.
  6. Phoneman777

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Yes, but it's like trying to herd cats.

Willie T, Episkopos and "ByGrace" like this.
  7. "ByGrace"

"ByGrace" Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    No, I am not sure at all that "agreement " with other Christians is at the top of the list.

I don't agree with some things that my husband believes ..we have good fun conversations...we end up slapping our thigh , laughing, and saying- " No way.... nah..you wait and see.."
    It isn't important to relationship.
    For well over a decade I have had a good on-line relationship with Amadeus. We are friends...we know a lot of things about our families and friends.. we call on each other when we are sick and in need of prayer.

Do we "agree" on all doctrine...NO! On some beliefs he thinks I am out on cloud nine...and on some I think he has a closed mind about.
    But...we enjoy talking about these things each other. :)

@aspen ......you and I are poles apart re politics ..I lean right, you lean left...but I count you a friend. As I do @bbyrd009
    On some things I think he is nuts in what he believes...but in other things I find him very wise...and I have learned from him.
    I count him as a new friend. But, agree with him? No not in all things.

Peace , and 'unity of the Spirit', in my book...do NOT equal having to always have agreement ....they are not the same things at all...to me.

Just saying... :)

aspen, Nancy, amadeus and 1 other person like this.
  8. Enoch111

Enoch111 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Not desperation but recognition of reality and the truth. If you were also to move to the right (an excellent idea) you would be in perfect harmony with your tribe.:)

9. Harvest 1874

Harvest 1874 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The wisdom which comes from above is FIRST pure, THEN peaceable, gentle, willing to yield to reason (but not to error)…” James 3:17

NOT peace first, but purity first, truth first. God first, his will, his plan, his way. It is earthly wisdom, which suggest “peace at any cost”, which commands the conscience to be silent when others are promoting errors so that selfish peace may be promoted. We have not enlisted into the Lord’s army merely to be on the defensive to be used as a battering ring against the assaults of the Adversaries deluded servants, if so why are we admonished to wear armor? “Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God…” (Eph 6:11)

Unfortunately even some of the Lord’s dear ones who profess spirit begettal are being used by the Adversary to promote errors, chiefly the idea that in order to insure peace among the brethren there must be some compromises, some give and take with respects to our faith in order to insure peace, unity, NOT SO the Apostle was quite admit in his statement when he stated that the wisdom which comes from above (i.e. the truth) was first to be pure, truthful, unvarnished by worldly attempts to make it palatable to all, it was never intended for all only for a specially called out class who would put the Lord first, his truth first before all others.

We are to love in this order, the Lord first, then the truth, then the brethren.

10. Mayflower

Mayflower Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I think being a "peacekeeper" is different then being a "peacemaker" that the Beatitudes talk about in Matthew. A peacemaker presents the truth in love and is good at taming the tongue. A peacemaker is always studying to be able to give an answer as to why they believe, and have the wisdom and discretion when to speak and when not to speak. I don't think agreement with fellow Christians is as important as being peacemakers when there are differences in opinion. God made us unique for a reason, because we are are not omniscient. There are some things 15 years ago I do not believe today, and things I stand firm on. My beliefs have changed over the years through study, prayer, and discussions with fellow believers who believe in different ways.

aspen, Jay Ross, faithfulness and 5 others like this.
  11. Phoneman777

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Especially since the left stands for prideful exaltation, apostasy, rebellion, rejection of truth, the ruination of souls.

Reggie Belafonte and Enoch111 like this.
  12. BreadOfLife

BreadOfLife Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    And, as I have said on numerous occasions - if there weren't so many lies about the Catholic Church being regurgitated around here - there would be no need for the likes of me on a forum like this.

Unfortunately - until the lies stop - I will continue to set the record straight and expose those lies so that others aren't seduced by them. It's really that simple . . .

13. Phoneman777

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    What lies? That the RCC for centuries withheld the Bible from the people, tortured millions who refused to believe their pagan ideas, claims that the pope is "Jesus Christ hidden under veil of flesh", claims there's no salvation for anyone who rejects the pseudo authority of the pope, etc.? What lies?

bbyrd009 likes this.
  14. "ByGrace"

"ByGrace" Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    Y A W N....

aspen and Nancy like this.
  15. Enoch111

Enoch111 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    From your perspective any and every criticism and exposure of the fallacies and false doctrines of the RCC are lies. That is pure fantasy. The sad truth is that the RCC is built on a lie -- that it is the only true Church.

16. Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    My heart does go out to those of Catholic faith and the persecution they suffer and I pray we will all come to a unity of faith someday....well the Bible says we will so I will just stand on that promise.

aspen, Nancy, amadeus and 1 other person like this.
  17. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    nice thoughts imo, i would give you a like but imo "Catholic" is not a "faith."
    but i agree in spirit

amadeus, Heart2Soul and "ByGrace" like this.
  18. BreadOfLife

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    "Millions"?? Can you show some documented evidence for this??
    I didn't think so . . .

NO salvation for rejecting the Authority of the Pope?? Soooo - all of the Orthodox Christians are going to Hell??
    Where
    do you get this garbage??

"Withheld" the Bible from the people??
    I've already proven you wrong about ALL of this manure - so why do you continue to repeat it??

Get some new material - and try to make it stick next time . . .

19. BreadOfLife

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Rubbish.

I'm perfectly willing listen to ANY substantiated evidence that the Catholic Church teaches "fallacies". However - NONE of you has been able to show any. I'm ALL ears . . .

As for the Church being built on a "lie" - PROVE it.
    Anybody can make a moronic claim - but if you can show evidence of this - then you might have something, junior . . .

20. BreadOfLife

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    And I extend the very same prayer to God regarding my separated Protestant brothers and sisters.