Alcohol And Christianity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jackie D

Mar 15, 2008
you know what is shameful wakka? What is shameful is that so many people, yourself included I see, view the nude body as something shameful and that they cannot allow themselves to just be what we are made to be, HUMAN BEINGS!Noah, was drunk on wine. He went into the privacy of HIS OWN tent, and went to sleep. His son, invaded his privacy, mocked his father or whatever it was that he did in there that caused Noah to be so angry. It was the behavior of Ham that defiled his father, not the fact that Noah had a drink and went to bed without his outer garments on!It was Canaan the son of Ham that received a curse not Noah. Noah as far as I can tell remained righteous.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Jackie D;51838)
you know what is shameful wakka? What is shameful is that so many people, yourself included I see, view the nude body as something shameful and that they cannot allow themselves to just be what we are made to be, HUMAN BEINGS!Noah, was drunk on wine. He went into the privacy of HIS OWN tent, and went to sleep. His son, invaded his privacy, mocked his father or whatever it was that he did in there that caused Noah to be so angry. It was the behavior of Ham that defiled his father, not the fact that Noah had a drink and went to bed without his outer garments on!It was Canaan the son of Ham that received a curse not Noah. Noah as far as I can tell remained righteous.
That is true Jackie D. Being naked itself is not a sin as Adam & Eve were both naked and they were not ashamed.Genesis 2:25 - And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.It is the reason behind there that may or may not be a sin. Not the naked person itself...

Richard_oti

Mar 17, 2008
(Wakka;51816)
But tell me this. Is it not shameful lying nude, passed out?
Anything that I have to say upon the matter is as nought, nor would it convince you. Perhaps it is time to do a little study into the matter.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(Jackie D;51838)
Noah, was drunk on wine. He went into the privacy of HIS OWN tent, and went to sleep. His son, invaded his privacy, mocked his father or whatever it was that he did in there that caused Noah to be so angry. It was the behavior of Ham that defiled his father, not the fact that Noah had a drink and went to bed without his outer garments on!
Which just goes to show that sometimes the church becomes tolerant of gossips and peeping-Toms, but intolerant of drunk and naked men.
biggrin.gif
But God did not even rebuke Noah. Ham, however, was cursed.

Aquila

Jun 18, 2008
I did a study on wine once. Drinking water in the days of Jesus wasn't very safe. They often drank wine or mixed it with water to dilute it. It was the alcoholic content of the wine that clensed the water or soothed the stomach. I believe the Bible teaches moderation when it comes to alcohol. The health benefits of "a little wine" is widely known in medical science. Occasionally I'll have a glass of wine with dinner or a glass of brandy before bed. In fact I've even gone into my study and prepared a lesson while sipping on a brandy. I see it as a gift and even thank God for the previledge of enjoying it. Though drunkness is to alcoholic drink what gluttony is to food. Both drunkness and gluttony are sins...but alcoholic drink and food are not.