Alexandria Ocasio Cortez is scary, but who is behind her is scarier

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sad and verging on sickening. Should a US rep die while in office, their family collects the salary they "would have earned" completing their term. Just like the average Joe...:confused:

Most have no clue the ridiculous amount of money a rep leaches out of the People's pockets. It is an interesting project to pick a long term rep and actually calculate the Millions of Dollars they reap during their "career", (averaging less than half a year time at "work",) when the average guy, can hardly imagine earning One million in his entire working lifetime. Crazy!

I joined an organization that fights against government waste. I can't recall the name but you can search for it online. They alert me to send emails to reps about waste. It's not much but if a MAJORITY of Americans queued in and got involved we would probably stop a lot more of the theft.

Reactions: Taken and Willie T

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't watch anything but old westerns and documentaries. I recall when our children were growing up the rage was the Simpsons. I tried to not let them watch it because it had twisted morals. But all the kids in school watched it and they all grew up to be nasty, immoral kids. Some of the kids we knew were nice but the majority weren't. I think it's in large part due to the twisted TV programs.

I don't think our money should be sent to other countries either. But you see that it doesn't matter who gets into office they all do the same thing. I don't think our vote counts for anything anymore and I think we need to do more than just vote. We're already in a caste system where those at the top level of government get away with everything and the little paean gets slammed for driving an inch out of the lines on a highway. I just think that things have gotten so bad and they're shoving more and more and more garbage down our throats, that I'm wondering when we're going to don our yellow vests.

At what point are you going to do more than vote?
I actually like your post. But, are you advocating for violent rebellion?

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IT is Scripture. I don't remember the ch. & ser.

Ha - really? I don't know it but would like to. It's like looking at a freak show watching some of these legislators. It's such an affront to sanity and decency.

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually like your post. But, are you advocating for violent rebellion?

Not violent Willie, peaceful. I read the news every day and it's so disturbing that I wonder why no one does anything, then I wonder why I don't. I send emails to legislators but nothing changes. I just wonder why Christian leaders aren't arranging marches in Washington over some of this insanity. Look at the national debt, the jobs being sent overseas, the mass migration here, people assuming office who are hostile foreigners, to name a few. Refugees were resettled here who are all known criminals and we have no idea where they've been planted. I'm waiting for everyone to get sick of it and descend on Washington but we keep taking it and taking it and taking it. I just read where an Indian got a green card and was a teacher in public school and he molested about 10 kids. Why did no one check his background? Why are they hiring people out of the country to teach young children? At what point are you going to do something?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't watch anything but old westerns and documentaries. I recall when our children were growing up the rage was the Simpsons. I tried to not let them watch it because it had twisted morals. But all the kids in school watched it and they all grew up to be nasty, immoral kids. Some of the kids we knew were nice but the majority weren't. I think it's in large part due to the twisted TV programs.

I don't think our money should be sent to other countries either. But you see that it doesn't matter who gets into office they all do the same thing. I don't think our vote counts for anything anymore and I think we need to do more than just vote. We're already in a caste system where those at the top level of government get away with everything and the little paean gets slammed for driving an inch out of the lines on a highway. I just think that things have gotten so bad and they're shoving more and more and more garbage down our throats, that I'm wondering when we're going to don our yellow vests.

At what point are you going to do more than vote?

Voting is per designated times.
Everyday is what the Lord has made for me to take advantage of; His inclusion in what I do, Speaking His word, and happily giving to whom I please.

While I am not a person who looks forward to any kind of shopping....Department / Grocery stores are my favorite place to connect with people. They being a place where so much kindness and blessings can be given.

Glory to God,
Taken

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Voting is per designated times.
Everyday is what the Lord has made for me to take advantage of; His inclusion in what I do, Speaking His word, and happily giving to whom I please.

While I am not a person who looks forward to any kind of shopping....Department / Grocery stores are my favorite place to connect with people. They being a place where so much kindness and blessings can be given.

Glory to God,
Taken

They are among the places that we can show who we are as believers.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ha - really? I don't know it but would like to. It's like looking at a freak show watching some of these legislators. It's such an affront to sanity and decency.

Job 12:
[20] He removeth away the speech of the trusty, and taketh away the understanding of the aged.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Soverign Grace

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What people sell their souls for
Exactly. From what I read a lot of those in the upper positions have sold their souls. I read that to be successful in Hollywood one has to sell their soul. Katy Perry whose parents were Christian sold her soul. I saw her dressed up for some Golden Globe or something awards and she was dressed in illuminati dress. One of the worst stories I'd heard yet was from Justin Bieber:

Justin Bieber: Hollywood Elites Killed My Unborn Child

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Soverign Grace: Isaiah ch.3 ver.4 is similar but not the one I quoted.

I had to look it up but it's apropos to describe today:

For, behold, the Lord, the LORD of hosts, doth take away from Jerusalem and from Judah the stay and the staff, the whole stay of bread, and the whole stay of water,

2 The mighty man, and the man of war, the judge, and the prophet, and the prudent, and the ancient,

3 The captain of fifty, and the honourable man, and the counsellor, and the cunning artificer, and the eloquent orator.

4 And I will give children to be their princes, and babes shall rule over them.

5 And the people shall be oppressed, every one by another, and every one by his neighbour: the child shall behave himself proudly against the ancient, and the base against the honourable.

6 When a man shall take hold of his brother of the house of his father, saying, Thou hast clothing, be thou our ruler, and let this ruin be under thy hand:

7 In that day shall he swear, saying, I will not be an healer; for in my house isneither bread nor clothing: make me not a ruler of the people.

8 For Jerusalem is ruined, and Judah is fallen: because their tongue and their doings are against the LORD, to provoke the eyes of his glory.

9 The shew of their countenance doth witness against them; and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they have rewarded evil unto themselves.

10 Say ye to the righteous, that it shall be well with him: for they shall eat the fruit of their doings.

11 Woe unto the wicked! it shall be ill with him: for the reward of his hands shall be given him.

12 As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths.

13 The LORD standeth up to plead, and standeth to judge the people.

14 The LORD will enter into judgment with the ancients of his people, and the princes thereof: for ye have eaten up the vineyard; the spoil of the poor is in your houses.

15 What mean ye that ye beat my people to pieces, and grind the faces of the poor? saith the Lord GOD of hosts.

16 Moreover the LORD saith, Because the daughters of Zion are haughty, and walk with stretched forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet:

17 Therefore the Lord will smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion, and the LORD will discover their secret parts.

18 In that day the Lord will take away the bravery of their tinkling ornaments about their feet, and their cauls, and their round tires like the moon,

19 The chains, and the bracelets, and the mufflers,

20 The bonnets, and the ornaments of the legs, and the headbands, and the tablets, and the earrings,

21 The rings, and nose jewels,

22 The changeable suits of apparel, and the mantles, and the wimples, and the crisping pins,

23 The glasses, and the fine linen, and the hoods, and the vails.

24 And it shall come to pass, that instead of sweet smell there shall be stink; and instead of a girdle a rent; and instead of well set hair baldness; and instead of a stomacher a girding of sackcloth; and burning instead of beauty.

25 Thy men shall fall by the sword, and thy mighty in the war.

26 And her gates shall lament and mourn; and she being desolate shall sit upon the ground.

Reactions: Acolyte

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly. From what I read a lot of those in the upper positions have sold their souls. I read that to be successful in Hollywood one has to sell their soul. Katy Perry whose parents were Christian sold her soul. I saw her dressed up for some Golden Globe or something awards and she was dressed in illuminati dress. One of the worst stories I'd heard yet was from Justin Bieber:

Justin Bieber: Hollywood Elites Killed My Unborn Child
Christianity is not an easy walk. There's so much working against our natural cognitive and behavioral tendencies.
  • We have to treat every single horrible person we meet as though we'll someday rejoice with them in the kingdom, though we know "few there be that find it".
  • We have to trust in the "evidence of things not seen", though everything we do see suggests we do otherwise.
  • We have to simultaneously blind ourselves to the evil in others we attempt to reach for Christ while at the same time striving to be "not ignorant of the devil's devices" with knowledge that there is no end to the evil of which men are capable.
Today's Christians are so vulnerable to deception because they've been so misled about everything. They can't see the danger of the Ecumenical Movement because they fail to understand why the Reformers absolutely correctly identified the papacy as "Antichrist". They can't see the danger of the entertainment world because the once high standard of Christian living has been replaced with a distorted "freedom in Christ" message which ensures that the church is never far behind the world in its never ending spiral into depravity. The idea that the entertainment, political, economic, and even the religious world is run by those who worship Lucifer and partake of the most disgusting rituals (yes, children and loved ones included as victims) to gain power, fame, and money is revolting to many Christians today whose total lack of Holy Spirit discernment leaves them blind to Satan's working AND leaves them to look with suspicion on those of us who "hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches".

Reactions: Taken

Soverign Grace

Sep 15, 2018
Palmyra
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christianity is not an easy walk. There's so much working against our natural cognitive and behavioral tendencies.
  • We have to treat every single horrible person we meet as though we'll someday rejoice with them in the kingdom, though we know "few there be that find it".
  • We have to trust in the "evidence of things not seen", though everything we do see suggests we do otherwise.
  • We have to simultaneously blind ourselves to the evil in others we attempt to reach for Christ while at the same time striving to be "not ignorant of the devil's devices" with knowledge that there is no end to the evil of which men are capable.
Today's Christians are so vulnerable to deception because they've been so misled about everything. They can't see the danger of the Ecumenical Movement because they fail to understand why the Reformers absolutely correctly identified the papacy as "Antichrist". They can't see the danger of the entertainment world because the once high standard of Christian living has been replaced with a distorted "freedom in Christ" message which ensures that the church is never far behind the world in its never ending spiral into depravity. The idea that the entertainment, political, economic, and even the religious world is run by those who worship Lucifer and partake of the most disgusting rituals (yes, children and loved ones included as victims) to gain power, fame, and money is revolting to many Christians today whose total lack of Holy Spirit discernment leaves them blind to Satan's working AND leaves them to look with suspicion on those of us who "hear what the Spirit is saying to the churches".

I'm glad you reminded me of our Christian duty - it brought something to mind. A wicked woman stole a family member's money and I'm shocked she wasn't arrested. I prayed for them to get their money back but I guess I should pray for the woman who did such evil. It's so hard when every natural inclination is to do otherwise.

Brakelite first told me about the Papacy and I now see what evil it is. What is the Ecumenical movement? Have you seen the building in the Vatican that is shaped like a snake?

Christian standards have gone way down. We tried a "now" church years back where the Pastor had long hair and acted cool. This girl dressed in a skin tight outfit got on the stage and was writhing around and we couldn't believe it. When everyone got up to leave I have never seen such rude people rushing out, cutting you off - we never joined. In their rush to appeal to a specific group of people they make concessions with the world.

Reactions: Phoneman777

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glad you reminded me of our Christian duty - it brought something to mind. A wicked woman stole a family member's money and I'm shocked she wasn't arrested. I prayed for them to get their money back but I guess I should pray for the woman who did such evil. It's so hard when every natural inclination is to do otherwise.

Brakelite first told me about the Papacy and I now see what evil it is. What is the Ecumenical movement? Have you seen the building in the Vatican that is shaped like a snake?

Christian standards have gone way down. We tried a "now" church years back where the Pastor had long hair and acted cool. This girl dressed in a skin tight outfit got on the stage and was writhing around and we couldn't believe it. When everyone got up to leave I have never seen such rude people rushing out, cutting you off - we never joined. In their rush to appeal to a specific group of people they make concessions with the world.
The Ecumenical Movement began years ago as an attempt to unite Protestant churches with Rome, as well as other world religions. Comes from the word "Oikemenie" which means "whole inhabited world". Spiritualism disguised as "gifts of the Holy Spirit" (much of glossolalia, healings, prophesying, etc. is not from God) is the glue which binds it and Biblical truth is continually further de-emphasized.

Many attribute the beginning of the Movement to "the Toronto Blessing" which was the curse that really began to popularize the "emergent church", "non-denominational" movements which are a crucial element to Ecumenism - keep the people entertained with parlor tricks of tongues and healings and rock concert style rhythms ripped off from pop culture which orignally ripped it off from African and Caribbean pagan demon worship (worship of Kundalini serpent, Santeria, and everything else incorporate pagan music styles), while the great HYMNS of Luther and the Reformation so rich in church history and tales of victory over adversity are despised.

Rome banned the Bible and men risked their lives to have and preserve it. Today, Christians willfully leave it on the shelf, preferring the opinions of incompetent preachers and "scholars" who prefer to attack the truth than defend it.