All eschatological views are correct?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe the second resurrection is the dead to be raised and given a proper chance at salvation.
That is incorrect. Since the second resurrection is called "the resurrection of damnation" (John 5:29) there is no "chance at salvation". People must respond to the Gospel command while still on earth and before death.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is incorrect. Since the second resurrection is called "the resurrection of damnation" (John 5:29) there is no "chance at salvation". People must respond to the Gospel command while still on earth and before death.
Sound it out my friend . The one true gospel of having to confess Christ is under attack like at no other time in history .
And sadly its coming from many who even profess JESUS himself .
Your right . WE must come to the saving knowledge of Christ NOW , in this life . There is on second chance after death .
GOD has chosen how to save the world . By the preaching of the gospel and that those who believe will be saved .
If one rejects , WELL its on them and they will appear at the ressurection of damnation . YOU STICK TO THE GOSPEL my friend .
NO matter how hated we become for doing so . IT TRULY IS THE ONLY HOPE ONE HAS .
I say instead of these folks who try and preach a second chance after death , TRY PREACHING JESUS TO ALL that breathes .
THAT IS the ONLY GUARANTEE ONE HAS OF SALVATION . SO they ought to preach HIM and not this other false hope stuff .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with this generation in large is that they have learned a false love , another image of GOD
that is not compatible to GOD or HIS LOVE .
Folks are getting too busy being concerned with how to get along , they are forsaking the one true gosple
which says YE must BELIEVE to be saved , cause it offends and well they cant have unity if something offends .
Most have no idea where this is headed and fast . We will be attacked by many , even many within christendom
for saying YE MUST BELEIVE IN JESUS and that no other path can save you . ITS already beginning and it will get worse .
My advice is , Let none who name the name of JESUS get sold out to another gospel and a false hope that at its end is DEATH .
Preach CHRIST , or at least let us who are willing to preach HIM , DO SO . Stop getting in the way
of the one true gosple or risk being told I NEVER KNEW YOU . I am just keeping it real .
Preach CHRIST , dont preach a false hope .

Ronald D Milam

Jan 12, 2022
Clanton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You aren’t preaching the gospel and the way there. I know you don’t know that but, boy oh boy, you really aren’t.
Its over your head it seems. I will remember that next time, it is a waste to try to explain anything to you.

1.) I don't think you even put the effort in to read tp start with.

2.) That's why you really can't make an argument against anything say.

The Church doesn't need crushing, Israel does, Israel is under 490 years of Judgment in case you didn't know !! The Church, including Jews in the Church are already in Christ Jesus. Israel needs to go through the TRIBULATION in order to come unto Christ the Church is already in Christ Jesus. You not being able to grasp that is all you sister. Not me. Barley can be sifted without a TRIBULUM, Wheat has to be crushed before it can be sifted, these are facts. Whether you can grasp that or not isn't going to change those facts.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let us remember all things JESUS said and taught . Including the fact that only those who do believe in Him shall be saved .
Let us not take from the one true orignal life saving gospel . Never give the people a false hope . Point them to faith in Christ .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand

The phrasing of this question is similar to the Titles of Debate our debating teams were given back in my school days.

The affirmative team would employ the conditional terms "if" and "when" to argue such statements, so in this case "All eschatological views are correct if relativism is being demonstrated, and when absolutism is being excluded".

rel·a·tiv·ism
(rĕl′ə-tĭ-vĭz′əm)
n. Philosophy
The theory that value judgments, as of truth, beauty, or morality, have no universal validity but are valid only for the persons or groups holding them.

American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.

absolutism
(ˈæbsəluːˌtɪzəm)
n
1. the principle or practice of a political system in which unrestricted power is vested in a monarch, dictator, etc; despotism
2. (Philosophy) philosophy
a. any theory which holds that truth or moral or aesthetic value is absolute and universal and not relative to individual or social differences. Compare relativism
b. the doctrine that reality is unitary and unchanging and that change and diversity are mere illusion. See also monism2, pluralism5b
3. (Theology) Christianity an uncompromising form of the doctrine of predestination
ˈabsoˌlutist n, adj
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014

doxley

Jan 29, 2022
Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Apparently, I’m one of ‘em. :rolleyes:
I don't think so, there was nothing wrong with your question and wondering about eschatology. The bible tends to throw up that question by its nature. Jesus is love, God is love, the solution has to be a loving and patient one. We follow Jesus out of love not fear, hopefully.

Reactions: Lambano

doxley

Jan 29, 2022
Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

The word for ‘damnation’ in this verse is the Greek word krisis, which is usually rendered as judgement. Judging is an act of weighing up matters of positive and negative aspects, justice and injustice, right and wrong.

Logically if someone is resurrected only to be instantly damned, why bother resurrecting them if the judgement has already been made. Surely the act of resurrection suggests the person has to be alive and active in order to be judged. Since the wages of sin was already paid at death, (Romans 6:23) there must be more actions to take into account, I’e’ the actions of the person after resurrection.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The phrasing of this question is similar to the Titles of Debate our debating teams were given back in my school days.

The affirmative team would employ the conditional terms "if" and "when" to argue such statements, so in this case "All eschatological views are correct if relativism is being demonstrated, and when absolutism is being excluded".

rel·a·tiv·ism
(rĕl′ə-tĭ-vĭz′əm)
n. Philosophy
The theory that value judgments, as of truth, beauty, or morality, have no universal validity but are valid only for the persons or groups holding them.

American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.

absolutism
(ˈæbsəluːˌtɪzəm)
n
1. the principle or practice of a political system in which unrestricted power is vested in a monarch, dictator, etc; despotism
2. (Philosophy) philosophy
a. any theory which holds that truth or moral or aesthetic value is absolute and universal and not relative to individual or social differences. Compare relativism
b. the doctrine that reality is unitary and unchanging and that change and diversity are mere illusion. See also monism2, pluralism5b
3. (Theology) Christianity an uncompromising form of the doctrine of predestination
ˈabsoˌlutist n, adj
Collins English Dictionary – Complete and Unabridged, 12th Edition 2014 © HarperCollins Publishers 1991, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2011, 2014

Either you did not read my posts on the first page or two or you did read them but did not think while you were reading. o_O

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word for ‘damnation’ in this verse is the Greek word krisis, which is usually rendered as judgement. Judging is an act of weighing up matters of positive and negative aspects, justice and injustice, right and wrong.

Logically if someone is resurrected only to be instantly damned, why bother resurrecting them if the judgement has already been made. Surely the act of resurrection suggests the person has to be alive and active in order to be judged. Since the wages of sin was already paid at death, (Romans 6:23) there must be more actions to take into account, I’e’ the actions of the person after resurrection.

Yes! And by the parables, it is not as cut and dried as many would like us to believe. There are men who help someone belonging to Christ (give them even a cup of water) out of simple mercy, and Jesus welcomes them in. And they are confused and say, huh? When did we ever see You and help you…?

And conversely, there are others who aren’t welcomed in who are just as confused who say, when did we ever see You and NOT help you…?

And then there’s the verse about receiving a prophet. Any who do, they receive the exact same reward AS a prophet.

And there are many more places, for instance, Rahab.

It’s best not to sit yourself in the seat of judgement and judge anything before it’s time. It is best to instead listen to and fear God when He says, you will be judged in the same manner you have judged others.

doxley

Jan 29, 2022
Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes! And by the parables, it is not as cut and dried as many would like us to believe. There are men who help someone belonging to Christ (give them even a cup of water) out of simple mercy, and Jesus welcomes them in. And they are confused and say, huh? When did we ever see You and help you…?

And conversely, there are others who aren’t welcomed in who are just as confused who say, when did we ever see You and NOT help you…?

And then there’s the verse about receiving a prophet. Any who do, they receive the exact same reward AS a prophet.

And there are many more places, for instance, Rahab.

It’s best not to sit yourself in the seat of judgement and judge anything before it’s time. It is best to instead listen to and fear God when He says, you will be judged in the same manner you have judged others.
Absolutely. Romans 2:14 spoke of those who had the law already written on their hearts.

Romans 2:14Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15So they show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts either accusing or defending them 16on the day when God will judge men’s secrets through Christ Jesus,b as proclaimed by my gospel.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its over your head it seems. I will remember that next time, it is a waste to try to explain anything to you.

1.) I don't think you even put the effort in to read tp start with.

2.) That's why you really can't make an argument against anything say.

The Church doesn't need crushing, Israel does, Israel is under 490 years of Judgment in case you didn't know !! The Church, including Jews in the Church are already in Christ Jesus. Israel needs to go through the TRIBULATION in order to come unto Christ the Church is already in Christ Jesus. You not being able to grasp that is all you sister. Not me. Barley can be sifted without a TRIBULUM, Wheat has to be crushed before it can be sifted, these are facts. Whether you can grasp that or not isn't going to change those facts.

You have removed picking up your cross to follow. Men will applaud you for it because they want to save their lives here rather than give up their lives here. A deal to cheat death sounds very good to them. So they accept whatever they like and discard the parts that turn bitter in their stomach.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely. Romans 2:14 spoke of those who had the law already written on their hearts.

Romans 2:14Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature what the law requires, they are a law to themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15So they show that the work of the law is written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts either accusing or defending them 16on the day when God will judge men’s secrets through Christ Jesus,b as proclaimed by my gospel.

Doxley, I am so happy to meet you that I’m weeping and my dog is concerned.